You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Next Conservative leader

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,051

She's completely lost the plot today.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,420
    Tikay10 said:

I am only just seeing it, I have been playing a bit of poker.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

The odds confirm that.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-conservative-leader
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Rishi Sunak's campaign has come off the rails in the last 2-3 weeks.

Previously, he appeared to be genuinely positioning himself as the voice of reason, or at least reality.

Now? Having seen that the "reality" ticket is a vote loser amongst Con Members, he just seems to be saying any populist thing he can think of.

This is political madness. Either start with what people want to hear, or wait for the "I told you so" golden ticket once Truss gets mullered at the next election.

Outflanked by Truss? That's like being outsmarted by a Rooney.

Sunak shortened up a bit, best priced at 13/2, although 9/2 in a place.
    Truss best priced at 1/6, although many still offering 1/12.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-conservative-leader
    These have moved quite a bit since last night.
    Sunak best price 6/1, although most of them go 4/1.
    Truss best price 2/9, but most go 1/6.
    This is quite a significant change.
    Most of those that were going 1/12 on Truss last night, now go 1/6.
    Most of the 9/1 that was on offer last night about Sunak, is now 4/1.
    Ten Hustings left.
    On line voters can change their minds.
    Now back to where they were.
  • Options
    Truss faces fresh questions over ‘Fizz with Liz’ champagne dinner

Liz Truss is embroiled in fresh controversy after a leaked email left her facing questions over why she did not declare thousands of pounds spent on schmoozing Tory MPs in the run up to her bid to succeed Boris Johnson.

Around a dozen Conservative MPs attended a so-called “Fizz with Liz” champagne dinner hosted by the foreign secretary at Mayfair members club 5 Hertford St last year.

The event was paid for by club owner, multimillionaire aristocrat Robin Birley.

When The Independent asked why Ms Truss has not declared the function – worth an estimated £3,000 – in the Commons register, where MPs are obliged to disclose hospitality worth more than £300, her spokesperson denied she had organised it.

It had “nothing to do with her,” they said. Ms Truss was merely one of a number of Conservative MP guests invited by “organiser and host” Mr Birley, the spokesperson said.

However, this account is disputed by other MPs present who told The Independent that she was the host and not Mr Birley, who “turned up briefly to say hello”.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/truss-faces-fresh-questions-over-192734626.html
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Doubleme said:

its looking very very bad last time I checked the bookies had LIz Truss as over 80%!

we going to need a miracle to get Rishi.

We are going to get the PM that the Conservative Party Members vote for.

Rishi Sunak has tried to set out what he considers to be in the medium-long term benefit of the Country.

Whereas Liz Truss has set out what she considers to be the short-term benefit to the tiny sliver of the electorate that actually get a vote. And, of course, the short-term benefit to Liz Truss of being PM.

So-tax cuts and spending increases all round. Because people only think of what is best for themselves, in the short-term.

Will this likely make much difference in relation to Betting Regulation? No.

But I honestly believe that Truss will be a worse PM than Johnson.
    Do you think its all over?
    Best price on Truss 1/5, she is as short as 1/9 in a place.
    Best on Sunak 26/5.
    Keir Starmer should be happy.
    Truss is as short as 1/25 in a place.
    The best odds available are 1/9, and 9/1 respectively.
    Sky News seem to be flogging a dead horse, by continuously advertising their live debate next Thursday.
    Sunak may well have given up long before then.
    Tempting to give up. Other former contenders, such as Tugendhat, have clearly sorted out a job in return for support.

Only an idiot could lose from this position....

The value, at least for me, is on Labour winning the next election.
    The new Cabinet?

Iain Duncan Smith's SNP question time plan branded 'constitutionally illiterate'

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/iain-duncan-smiths-snp-time-093744418.html
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,077
    The Conservative Party is descending into an appalling mess.

Almost all of the former leadership Candidates-Mordaunt, Tugendhat, Javid etc, are now (at least publicly) backing Truss. Not because they agree with her on anything except that they believe she will win. And they would like a Cabinet job, please.

The only 1 who has not (yet) declared is Badenoch. And today's papers make it clear-she must either back Truss now, or she will not get a Cabinet post.

This Country needs the best available people in the top jobs. Not yes-men and sycophants.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

The Conservative Party is descending into an appalling mess.

Almost all of the former leadership Candidates-Mordaunt, Tugendhat, Javid etc, are now (at least publicly) backing Truss. Not because they agree with her on anything except that they believe she will win. And they would like a Cabinet job, please.

The only 1 who has not (yet) declared is Badenoch. And today's papers make it clear-she must either back Truss now, or she will not get a Cabinet post.

This Country needs the best available people in the top jobs. Not yes-men and sycophants.

It was clear that the Boris Cabinet didnt work because of this.
    For a Cabinet to work, it must include the best people, and some diverse views, resulting in well debated policies.

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,088
  • Options
  • Options
    'Tax Cuts Ain't Gonna Cut It': Brandon Lewis Skewered By Nick Robinson Over Truss' Economic Plans

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/tax-cuts-aint-gonna-cut-073545698.html
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,669
    this is all just looking like a disaster anyway, I mean from my personal interests of not wanting to be restricted I was rooting for Rishi.

putting that aside I think Rishi would be more sensible and better for the economy.

However it seems Rishi has the mentality of f the poor, and has no idea what its like to be someone that struggles maybe he believes society would be better of if they just starved or froze to death in the winter etc?

then We have Liz Truss who seems like they would say or do whatever it takes to get in who seems more popular but it does not seem great.

Meanwhile Rishi is coming out with all kinds of **** to try and raise appeal out of what seems like desperation. So maybe he would be even worse for my personal interests anyway heck I get the impression at this point that he would start smashing puppies heads in with a hammer if he thought it would increase his appeal.

(note this would do exact opposite I am just saying I dont think he cares so long as he gets in)

on balance I think we need a change of government I have been a tory voter my entire life and likely would be voting labor next time. However how can I be sure of anything regarding that because Starmer rarely seems to want to take a stance on anything just to wait and see and then be captain hindsight and say he would of done something else and tories should have done this instead.

Our whole political system is an absolute joke.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options