You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Next Conservative leader

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,413
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Is it just me, or does anyone else just want someone to rise above the mud slinging, finger pointing and tell the country what needs to be done to plot us a course through these difficult times. Tough decisions will need to be made, some may well be very unpopular indeed, but I want a PM who will be willing to make those tough choices, explain why they are making them , and get on with the job.
    I don’t read all the papers, Twitter or scan the internet for stories of what each candidate has or hasn’t done in the past. Come on rise above it and lead.
  • Options
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    pompeynic said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else just want someone to rise above the mud slinging, finger pointing and tell the country what needs to be done to plot us a course through these difficult times. Tough decisions will need to be made, some may well be very unpopular indeed, but I want a PM who will be willing to make those tough choices, explain why they are making them , and get on with the job.
    I don’t read all the papers, Twitter or scan the internet for stories of what each candidate has or hasn’t done in the past. Come on rise above it and lead.

Having little regard for what these shysters have done in the past is how Boris got the job.
  • Options
    Tory MP spotted 'literally hiding behind chair to avoid 11 colleagues desperate to become Prime Minister'

Today (Tuesday, July 12) she tweeted: "I slipped into one of the small rooms in Parliament during votes to make a phone call and jumped when I noticed a Tory veteran in the corner hiding behind a chair. Like actually hiding. So I said what are you doing? He said very grumpily ‘Hiding!’ I said why? He said angrily I’ve had 11 phone calls! 11! And I’m not endorsing any of that lot! I’ve told them but they keep calling me! Not sure why he didn’t just turn his phone off [to be honest]..."

She said the MP was tall, with Ms Siddiq suggesting it was one of Peter Bone, Sir Bill Cash or Sir John Redwood. One person replied: "It’s like a school for naughty boys and girls." Another added: "We don't have a government right now, do we?" One user suggested it was like if TV satire The Thick of It was a documentary.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/tory-mp-spotted-literally-hiding-behind-chair-to-avoid-11-colleagues-desperate-to-become-prime-minister/ar-AAZuCd0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=387eaf9cf1d6469bb04cc727f8aa8f1d
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

The only way Boris could stand is if the Tories agreed to rip up their rules to let him. Not going to happen.

Meanwhile, the Bookies seem to have this as a 3-horse race at the minute. Last 2 are looking like Sunak, and 1 of Mordaunt/Truss.

Where it will get interesting is what happens when it gets to 2. Because, right now, Rishi looks favourite. But there seem to be quite a few MPs who fit into the "anyone but Rishi" camp. And, while a quick result favours Rishi, a more drawn out contest may well not.

There are likely to be some more twists and turns in this one.

Penny Mordaunt, and Liz Truss now.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-conservative-leader
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    So who's it going to be?

Ready4Rishi?

Time4Tom?

KomeonKemi?

TrustTruss?

• Options
    Cammykaze said:

So who's it going to be?

Ready4Rishi?

Time4Tom?

KomeonKemi?

TrustTruss?

Penny Mordaunt could be a bit of a dark horse.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,669
    HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

So who's it going to be?

Ready4Rishi?

Time4Tom?

KomeonKemi?

TrustTruss?

shes a strong favourite second only to rishi and was ahead of him for a brief moment on the bookie odds.

If tom gets in then we are absolutely done for forget the £5 stakes you likely wont be able to wager more then £25 a week absolute total and if you try the black market police barricade your door in and face longer prison sentence then paedophiles. He is that anti gambling.

penny is not good either really we need anyone but Penny or Tom, though my girlfriend hates Jeremy Hunt she calls him Jeremy C**** cant repeat that word on the forums but no prizes for guessing.

when do we know the final two?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Doubleme said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

So who's it going to be?

Ready4Rishi?

Time4Tom?

KomeonKemi?

TrustTruss?

shes a strong favourite second only to rishi and was ahead of him for a brief moment on the bookie odds.

If tom gets in then we are absolutely done for forget the £5 stakes you likely wont be able to wager more then £25 a week absolute total and if you try the black market police barricade your door in and face longer prison sentence then paedophiles. He is that anti gambling.

penny is not good either really we need anyone but Penny or Tom, though my girlfriend hates Jeremy Hunt she calls him Jeremy C**** cant repeat that word on the forums but no prizes for guessing.

when do we know the final two?
    Eight contenders to become PM through to next stage as Tory leadership shortlist revealed

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/eight-contenders-to-become-pm-through-to-next-stage-as-tory-leadership-shortlist-revealed/ar-AAZuXz3?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c816d25c7289430cb354e86e2fc9fa6a
  • Options
  • Options
    SARAH VINE: The race to be Prime Minister is like Love Island for ugly people - and I'm joining in

SARAH VINE: So far, the most interesting thing about this Tory leadership race (the 1922 committee main) is the sheer number of people who think they can do the job (the PM hopefuls, bottom). Either there's an awful lot of untapped talent in the party, or some people have a rather inflated sense of their own abilities. I've lived through a few of these contests in my time, and they're basically like Love Island for ugly people (which might explain why Penny Mordaunt (left) is doing so well: she's the only contestant - sorry, candidate - we've ever seen in a bathing suit). One person makes their pitch, and all the MPs cluster round them like excitable brood hens. Then another throws in a few sexy promises and they all flock to him or her. There are a lot of tense conversations in quiet corners of the villa/Commons; a variety of illicit goings on after lights-out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-11007457/SARAH-VINE-race-PM-like-Love-Island-ugly-people-Im-joining-in.html
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Another two bite the dust.
    Jeremy Hunt, and Nadhin Zahawi.
    It will be interesting to see where their 43 votes go tomorrow.

6 through.

Sunak 88
    Mordaunt 67
    Truss 50
    Badenoch 40
    Tugendhat 37
    Braverman 32.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,077
    HAYSIE said:

6 through.

Sunak 88
    Mordaunt 67
    Truss 50
    Badenoch 40
    Tugendhat 37
    Braverman 32.

All a bit of a guessing game, as we don't know how votes are being bought with promises of jobs.

Naturally, Hunt supporters would gravitate towards Sunak/Mordaunt, whereas Zahawi likely to be evenly split.

Then it gets interesting. If Braverman is next, likeliest places for her votes are Truss/Badenoch. Key may be how many go to either 1.

Think Truss scores better in a 4 with Tugendhat, rather than Badenoch, which would split the Rabid Right vote..

We shall see.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

6 through.

Sunak 88
    Mordaunt 67
    Truss 50
    Badenoch 40
    Tugendhat 37
    Braverman 32.

All a bit of a guessing game, as we don't know how votes are being bought with promises of jobs.

Naturally, Hunt supporters would gravitate towards Sunak/Mordaunt, whereas Zahawi likely to be evenly split.

Then it gets interesting. If Braverman is next, likeliest places for her votes are Truss/Badenoch. Key may be how many go to either 1.

Think Truss scores better in a 4 with Tugendhat, rather than Badenoch, which would split the Rabid Right vote..

We shall see.
    Penny Mordaunt has a big lead in the latest polling amongst Tory members.
    Nahim Zahawi has just said he will not publicly support another candidate.
    The Sky mob think that Jeremy Hunts supporters are likely to support Penny Mordaunt.

They think that they will need between 40 and 50 votes tomorrow.
    That means an uphill struggle for the bottom 2.