You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Popped in to play a session after a few months....

Comments

• Options
    poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,502
    You play HU but the vast majority of games are 6 max,

Surely by intentionally letting a bad hand win you incentivise one player
    and frustrate the 5 others.
    Wouldn't that make less money long term?

Isn't it more likely, that they simply don't care who wins.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    I represent the player/customer in what i am saying and seeing. There is a clear bunch of forum regs who favour the site over the player. I dont know to what extent they are involved in the site, but its an odd one to me that they will go to these lengths to support a gambling site.

Lets look at online gambling sites as a whole and look at the complete facts rather than squabble over who is right and who is wrong.

Gambling sites have one objective, to make money out of the players. Gambling sites have allowed in the past, players to deposit amounts equal to their annual wage over a matter of weeks. They make money out of on the whole, peoples misery. They have faced huge fines for this in the modern day, but have continued to do this.

When such players have been strong enough to call it a day, these sites have continued to bombard them with emails offering them small bonuses to return. This is also against regulation, but they have continued to do this. They have had huge fines for this.

They have targeted the most vulnerable, the ones who have deposited and lost the most. They really dont care about the individual, their objective is to take their money.

I personally sent a screenshot to the Gambling Commision of a bonus offer i had from 888 Poker, offering me a $5 bonus. On looking on the small print, to actaully have that $5 released as cash, i would have to gamble $500.

The objective is to maximise the money they make, push the regulation as far as they can and have no empathy with the customer.

Does this sound like a business that would create a poker site, be happy to make a modest profit despite knowing they could make a **** of a lot more by enhancing hands?

These are the facts, its up to you to decipher why they would be so brazen in their profit making on one hand, but so squeaky clean on the other.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,159
    edited March 2023

I can't believe I'm actually going to respond to someone so incredibly deluded but for some reason I am drawn to your inane drivel.....

HOW DO YOU NOT SEE that the 'house edge' in poker comes from EVERYBODY who plays & pays rake - they do not care who wins.

btw... What do you think your HU win % would/should be if it were a fair game? 90%?

You still haven't answered this very interesting question @TheWaddy
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 275
    He doesn't answer questions
  • Options
    If the site is bent, thewaddy, please explain why you continue to play on here.
  • Options
    Kinda6677 said:

If the site is bent, thewaddy, please explain why you continue to play on here.

See your previous post :D:D
  • Options
    And he wont give a straight answer to it
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,152
    Gotta admit tho. When you're feeling really crappy, reading this guys posts do kinda make you smile.
    Like I've said before it's like the random bloke in the pub who just cracks everyone up with his rantings, annoying at times but comedy gold.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    MISTY4ME said:

I can't believe I'm actually going to respond to someone so incredibly deluded but for some reason I am drawn to your inane drivel.....

HOW DO YOU NOT SEE that the 'house edge' in poker comes from EVERYBODY who plays & pays rake - they do not care who wins.

btw... What do you think your HU win % would/should be if it were a fair game? 90%?

Ive no idea what the win percentage would be. It would be higher than the one i have if it performed anything like the maths dictate.

Essexphil said: So, for example, the days of bombarding problem gamblers with emails has long gone.

Essexphil also said; Have you considered the possibility that you might be deluded?

Google Sky Poker Gambling Commision. You will find;

Sky Betting and Gaming fined £1.17m over self-exclusion breaches. Great Britain's Gambling Commission has fined Bonne Terre Limited, trading as Sky Betting and Gaming, £1.17m (€1.4m/$1.5m) for sending promotional emails to customers who had self-excluded or opted out of receiving marketing.9 Mar 2022

Long gone? I make that a year tomorrow....

Essexphil said; You most certainly do not represent the player/customer.

I stand for the player and poker as a whole. You sir, have sold your soul for your own gain. You continually say 'why dont you just quietly take opponents money and be happy'. That my friend, would be looking after myself only.....

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    I have never represented Sky Betting & Gaming. Although, in fairness, I should point out that that does not mean I have never acted for any of their rivals.

As per usual, you provide a mixture of half-truths and lies in an attempt to **** off where you want to play.

I'm sure you can google "Sky Poker Gambling Commission" and find all sorts. But then, Google is a rather imprecise search engine.

Bonne Terre Ltd, who used to own Sky B & G before it was purchased by Poker Stars, and then in turn Stars was purchased by Flutter. A breach was discovered by the Regulator in November 2021-I don't know when the breach occurred, but it is safe to say it was some time before that.

It was Sky Vegas-not Sky Poker. They had sent promotional emails to various customers who had either self-excluded or opted out of marketing emails. Which is a clear breach of Compliance Rules.

Was it deliberate? Of course not. It was a mistake. Safe to assume that someone sent out a promotion without ensuring "at risk" groups did not receive it. But that did not result in bets being placed. As the Regulator said in that Ruling:-

"The regulator did note that immediate remedial action was taken by Sky Betting and Gaming and also acknowledged the operator has co-operated throughout the investigation....

“This latest fine would have been a lot higher had Sky Betting and Gaming allowed any of the self-excluded customers to actually gamble, failed to cooperate, and not taken decisive action aimed at preventing a repeat.”

Now-why don't you just go away. You tiresome little man.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    Now-why don't you just go away. You tiresome little man.

Bit Strong Phil....
    He's not been here long joined 2021 so surprised he's disappointed with our R.N.G. so soon.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

MISTY4ME said:

Ive no idea what the win percentage would be. It would be higher than the one i have if it performed anything like the maths dictate.

Essexphil said: So, for example, the days of bombarding problem gamblers with emails has long gone.

Essexphil also said; Have you considered the possibility that you might be deluded?

Google Sky Poker Gambling Commision. You will find;

Sky Betting and Gaming fined £1.17m over self-exclusion breaches. Great Britain's Gambling Commission has fined Bonne Terre Limited, trading as Sky Betting and Gaming, £1.17m (€1.4m/$1.5m) for sending promotional emails to customers who had self-excluded or opted out of receiving marketing.9 Mar 2022

Long gone? I make that a year tomorrow....

Essexphil said; You most certainly do not represent the player/customer.

I stand for the player and poker as a whole. You sir, have sold your soul for your own gain. You continually say 'why dont you just quietly take opponents money and be happy'. That my friend, would be looking after myself only.....

T'WADDY

At least you've tried to answer the questions put to you.....to a degree, but as Phil has so eloquently put (and obviously well researched), the betting and gaming companies have moved on way faster than they needed to, because of the threat of the White paper.

Why as an individual playing poker, aren't you just looking after yourself? Isn't that the Name of the Game? After all you play HUp Poker..... so in Theory, if you aren't only interested in yourself winning at Poker, you should welcome your opponent getting Lucky against you now and again......especially when you are a profitable player.

I would actually welcome anyone who is of the same opinion as you, to post in support of your opinions, but as you may have gathered from your threads over the last couple of years, you are not standing up for anyone but yourself as far as I can see.

So in conclusion, try and enjoy your poker more, accept that you aren't going to win every hand you play, even when the maths says you should. As we know in Poker, if the card that will beat you is in the deck.....it can come out.

So laugh at the BAD BEATS ...... laugh louder at your SUCK-OUTS .....Have 'FUN FUN FUN', and carry on making that profit, because any time you're making money from a hobby .......it's got to be HAPPY DAYS :)

GOOD LUCK :)
  • Options
    KadoomKadoom Member Posts: 116
    You dont speak for me waddy,many times has my laptop been nearly out the windae for the bad beats but also many many times ive got lucky,suck it up sunshine and smile. I am just your average player enjoying a hobby that enables you to make money as a bonus,if you aint enjoying it no one is forcing you to play.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Good on Misty4me, the only reg who doesnt agree but is always fair in their assessment!
    I enjoy reading your replies.

Kadoom, a fair comment.

Goldon I played on started playing on Sky when it was televised, many moons ago.

EssexPhil If you were ever in doubt this guy will support the poker sites over the player, hes just done a large post trying to justify a £1m fine and is somehow trying to distance SkyVegas and Skypoker. I believe Sky Betting and Gaming, which they were trading as and that were fined at the time, covers both these.

He appears to say that by using Google to find the information, may result in some kind of untruths. If you just choose the Gambling Commision site which will be on the first page, i can safely say the info will be precise!

Essexphil also has mentioned in most of his posts, time and time again, the hope that i will be banned... you will clearly see above that he is putting the Sky fine to the fore, even though i didnt mention company names in the original post. Good on yer Phil!

I think we can safely say hes a site man, rather than a fellow player man.

PS if you would like to enlighten me on these 'lies' that i have told, id like to hear them!

Are they as good as these from you;

You persist in your belief that Compliance is non-existent. Blatant lie, i have always said it just concentrates on protecting customers who can not afford to gamble and not the games.

So, for example, the days of bombarding problem gamblers with emails has long gone, thankfully.Blatant lie, as we have exposed.

• Options
    Username TheWaddy Joined January 2021 Visits 804 Last Active 15:32 Roles Member Points 26 Posts 67

Can't see what you hope to gain with these adverse posts, players stay on Sky Poker because they like the Games & Format and enjoy the banter at the tables.
    The R.N.G. is the same for everyone you / me choose the table and cards you wish to play /call /fold .... all under your control ..... blaming the site for your mistakes is silly.
    Heater / Cooler ... all part of Poker. Feel the Love enjoy the Moment. Hic!
  • Options
    Goldon I played on started playing on Sky when it was televised, many moons ago.

OK, you were here before so "Why" did you leave & "Why" did you return..?

The Big bad Wolf has not bit you so "Why" are you complaining......?

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,083
    goldon said:

OK, you were here before so "Why" did you leave & "Why" did you return..?

The Big bad Wolf has not bit you so "Why" are you complaining......?

@goldon

"Joined January 2021" on his Forum Profile means he first posted on the Forum in January 2021, NOT first played on the site.

• Options
    Defo said , joined 2021 as my Profile says joined 2009
  • Options
    Don't think I posted on the Forum then as I played in free play for some time, but hey!
    venting is one thing don't wish to see him gone only offering olive leaf.... cough!