You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Popped in to play a session after a few months....

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    The vast majority of those who reply, are simply are not qualified to do so... you know this, yet foolishly back them..... bit like the result of Liz Truss making a Tory conference speech to be PM...

Ive seen more hands than Phil Helmuth you know (so ive heard :# ), yet you back 'forum non playing beg a friends' that they know best too....

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    Oops! me bad......hypothetically that is my gun fires blanks now... sob!
  • Options
    KadoomKadoom Member Posts: 116
    In the name of the wee donkey, dont mock anothers religion. Waddy i dont doubt youve seen more hands than Phil Helmuth but that wasnt a poker reference.
  • Options
    I dont mock anothers religion, i mock the lack of sticking to it.

Hes on a gambling site, joining in a group with negative vibes, swearing and posting comments that hes verbally destroyed women on the phone just doing their jobs etc etc etc...

Does that sound like im mocking the religion, or simply pointing out i dont believe that fits in with what he is supposed to believe?
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    TheWaddy said:

"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." "A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention." "Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man." "A man of wrath stirs up strife, and one given to anger causes much transgression. Do not listen to the words of the man who shows much anger towards the woman at the caravan site and the worker at the AA rescue centre, as doth the disciple Mark" Proverbs 15.1

Never been in either of the AA organisations bud. However, it would appear that in your attempt to mock you have in fact revealed why nobody on here wants friendship with you, it's all there in the post I've quoted.

Or do you fail to understand that in your tirades against the integrity of the site and those who disagree with you, that you yourself, have become that man given to anger and wrath, stirring up strife.

So I leave you with James ch1. v19-20 NIV

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this:
    Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

I dont mock anothers religion, i mock the lack of sticking to it.

Hes on a gambling site, joining in a group with negative vibes, swearing and posting comments that hes verbally destroyed women on the phone just doing their jobs etc etc etc...

Does that sound like im mocking the religion, or simply pointing out i dont believe that fits in with what he is supposed to believe?

No it shows a lack of understanding which is what I've said all along, you persist with this, frankly, pathetic notion that Christians are all goody goody, whiter than white, holier than thou and can do no wrong.

If that were the case we would have no need of Christ because we would already be righteous in God's eyes. Unfortunately we are flawed, weak, sinful and requiring of God's grace and mercy.

What is so difficult for you to comprehend.

• Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    TheWaddy said:

The vast majority of those who reply, are simply are not qualified to do so... you know this, yet foolishly back them..... bit like the result of Liz Truss making a Tory conference speech to be PM...

Ive seen more hands than Phil Helmuth you know (so ive heard :# ), yet you back 'forum non playing beg a friends' that they know best too....

The question should be, are you playing with a full deck ?.
  • Options

TheWaddy said:

"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." "A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention." "Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man." "A man of wrath stirs up strife, and one given to anger causes much transgression. Do not listen to the words of the man who shows much anger towards the woman at the caravan site and the worker at the AA rescue centre, as doth the disciple Mark" Proverbs 15.1

Never been in either of the AA organisations bud. However, it would appear that in your attempt to mock you have in fact revealed why nobody on here wants friendship with you, it's all there in the post I've quoted.

Or do you fail to understand that in your tirades against the integrity of the site and those who disagree with you, that you yourself, have become that man given to anger and wrath, stirring up strife.

So I leave you with James ch1. v19-20 NIV

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this:
    Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.
    Ahh it was the insurance company not the AA, thats completely different when lambasting a woman! My mistake :D
    I have always just laughed at the results, i leave the anger to you my friend...
  • Options
    It wasn't the insurance company either. Do try and pay attention 007.
  • Options
    edited March 2023

Can we keep it Poker related pls....
  • Options
    And on the 7th day, God created online poker
  • Options
    And we all lived happily ever after.... amen.

Mm! on the 8th day he said, " Never slow play AA."
  • Options
    Oooh 8th Day, haven't heard Hazel O'Connor in ages going to put that CD on
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164

Oooh 8th Day, haven't heard Hazel O'Connor in ages going to put that CD on

LOVED that Film ......and album .....defo my era :)

' WILL YOU ' is in my Top 10 songs of all time ....... the solo saxophone at the end of the song is HAUNTING ...... and FANTASTIC :)

.....can someone put it up please @SidV79 ? @Tikay10 ?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,293
    edited March 2023
    @SidV79 @MISTY4ME

Crikey, I'd forgotten how good that track was.

She had a serious illness last year, brain haemorrhage I think, any idea if she fully recovered?

• Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,032
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,734
    edited March 2023
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    It's times like this the Community comes together in support ......

Be Jesus it's Paddy Day look what I found.
  • Options
    At last, some common ground!