You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would you do ? ..... or what should you do ?

Comments

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 529
    edited November 2023
    More comprehension, logic and deductive reasoning fails.

97% payouts as advertised (and easily auditable by the GC) clearly isn't rigged. If that 97% payout disproportionately favours certain players and isn't advertised as such, that's clearly dishonest and therefore rigged by anybody's definition other the dictionary only available on Planet Wad.

Let's go back to that dominated ace example please. Give me your hypothesis for dominated aces winning in % terms. If 25% is a fakr deck, what is your % hypothesis? Same % for AK against AA please.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    I thought i just said it isnt rigged. To which you answered 97% payouts as advertised (and easily auditable by the GC) clearly isn't rigged

I thought id said poker is not rigged either....

I dont have any hypothesis. I dont even like gardening.....
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    TheWaddy said:

MISTY4ME said:

rspca12 said:

Yeah it a fold. expect call to lose decent amount.

@rspca12

Hi Chris

......FOLD with the Q-Queens did you mean .....or the A-Aces ??
    I love the fact that despite the players he wanted to reply telling him foldddddddd... he continues to try to find someone who says call!!!

QQ is such an obvious answer, that the fact you are still questioning it is beyond belief!

As for the AA, then im still waiting for the apology that you attempted to belittle me by suggesting i would be the only one who would ever suggest that...... its not the first time you have been left with egg on your face attacking me is it???
    I think you will find that the players who have took their time to explain the best Strategy in the circumstances, agree with exactly how I played it

I certainly won't be apologising either :*>:)
  • Options
    hmmm, i think those who dont know what they are talking about said they would call... but myself, essexphil, feelgroggy and spike 4000 said if they had the time to think about it they would probably fold......

But hey, you see it the way you see it... this does not surprise me!!!!

If short stacks were consistently getting away with stealing blinds, it stands to reason in this tournament, you would get away with it too if you became a short stack. If not, the tournament should end soon anyway. Also as things get tighter as blinds increase, your bb could well be folded to you. When you got 10 players with shorter stacks than you, increased blinds will force players to push all in with ace rag etc... as this post has proven, many players will be calling with hands they simply are not good enough to fold, even though they should... and you see this all the time... eg a very comfortable 2nd largest stack calling with AK, AQ, JJ, 10 10 etc... when he does not need to get involved.

All these factors, plus much more... in my opinion (and others) you did not need to get involved. Plus the added complication of your 'A-Aces' being much more likely to be cracked by such a hand online, makes this close decision even more clear in my book! Feelgroggy and Essexphil are not even taking this part into consideration, but would still consider a fold.....

• Options
    The main topic of this was the QQ .... i think its been covered that this was not even a thing to consider.... the fact that you thought it was a close decision, coupled with not even considering folding the aces might be correct... was quite telling to where you are at with poker.

But hey, continue with the jibes if you feel you are qualified to do so! :D:D:#
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

The main topic of this was the QQ .... i think its been covered that this was not even a thing to consider....

the fact that you thought it was a close decision,

coupled with not even considering folding the aces might be correct... was quite telling to where you are at with poker.

I didn't think it was a close decision at all and that's why I FOLDED the Q-Queens......... I just put this up initially because @HAYSIE and myself were having a discussion about it 'coz I FOLDED when he thought I should have played them

You see, you don't understand what's written ......or you try and twist it to suit you :*
  • Options
    why put it up then... as others have said it isnt even close, if you know that then you dont need validation!

Also it is clear that you didnt think the AA fold was even a thing.....
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,547
    MISTY4ME said:

TheWaddy said:

The main topic of this was the QQ .... i think its been covered that this was not even a thing to consider....

the fact that you thought it was a close decision,

coupled with not even considering folding the aces might be correct... was quite telling to where you are at with poker.

I didn't think it was a close decision at all and that's why I FOLDED the Q-Queens......... I just put this up initially because @HAYSIE and myself were having a discussion about it 'coz I FOLDED when he thought I should have played them

You see, you don't understand what's written ......or you try and twist it to suit you :*
    I didnt say that I thought you should have played them.
    I have never felt qualified to offer any advice on playing poker.
    What I said was that I would have played them.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

TheWaddy said:

why put it up then... as others have said it isnt even close, if you know that then you dont need validation!

Also it is clear that you didnt think the AA fold was even a thing.....

Perhaps Misty4me doesnt always think hes always right.
    Perhaps he wanted to take other peoples opinions into consideration.
    Perhaps hes not a knob.

Says perhaps the most aggressive member of the clique, who never has any contribution but to enter arguments that has nothing to do with them :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Anyway for a whole month now, the deck has been performing like some automatic long odds machine. Just soooo noticeable, its scarier than ever. So if im in a winning position just needing to fold for a seat win... im not going to play AA if its close or even slightly against correct play....

As its highly, highly likely you will get stung.... and you did......
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Anyway for a whole month now, the deck has been performing like some automatic long odds machine. Just soooo noticeable, its scarier than ever. So if im in a winning position just needing to fold for a seat win... im not going to play AA if its close or even slightly against correct play....

So you would have just kept FOLDING and HOPING ? :#:o

Is that what your Strategy would have been ? :*
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,550
    TheWaddy "hot O Meter " for your Christmas List.... cough!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Its what the other top players have also suggested to do at that point... obviously you may have to adjust strategy if it doesnt look like its going to turn out like it is likely to...

I dont see you challenging feelgroggy or essexphil on this. If we are saying this is probably a fold, what on earth do you think the strategy is other than to fold to victory????

Which is kinda why i call you the clique... i mean you all back up this title by your biased posts, are you really not seeing that!???

Maybe type 'FOLDING' AND 'HOPING' in posts with dodgy faces to them too?
  • Options
    There is no clique they say! So funny.....
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,550
    TheWaddy said:

There is no clique they say! So funny.....

Only Wonderful Players.... hic!
  • Options
    edited November 2023

There's the Real book....... and there's POKER SATELLITE STRATEGY by @TheWaddy

• Options
    TheWaddy said:

I thought i just said it isnt rigged. To which you answered 97% payouts as advertised (and easily auditable by the GC) clearly isn't rigged

I thought id said poker is not rigged either....

I dont have any hypothesis. I dont even like gardening.....

At this point, I'm assuming you are being deliberately obtuse. Here's the summary in even plainer English in case not:

- You make a statement that you think online poker isn't rigged but the deal is deliberately off to favour weaker players. That's the very definition of a rigged/fraudulent game.

- You say that if that's the definition of rigged then it must follow that I think games offered by the house are rigged. It really doesn't follow.

- The clear and obvious distinction is about transparency and who the house favours. For example, the zero on a roulette wheel is transparent to all players as being the reason why they will lose in the long run. If somebody is winning that night, the zero doesn't start landing more often.

Anyway, what's your best guess of how often dominated aces win with an online deck? More than 25% in your opinion but how much are we talking? At least 75%?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    TheWaddy said:

How often will aces lose online all in preflop? Assume the aces are against an underpair for simplicity.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

I'm assuming you mean the deck has been working against you for a good few weeks now, what with you being a winning player and all - am I right?