You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would you do ? ..... or what should you do ?

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,469
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

After you lost there are 3 possible ways that you could have changed the outcome.

1 Play the queens.
    2 Fold the aces.
    3 Play some of the hands between the queens and the aces differently.

It's too late

I'm happy with the way I played .........sometimes you are just going to get extremely UNLUCKY :/:'(

.....as I said on the 1st page
    What was your double up hand after you lost with the aces?
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

After you lost there are 3 possible ways that you could have changed the outcome.

1 Play the queens.
    2 Fold the aces.

It's too late

I'm happy with the way I played .........sometimes you are just going to get extremely UNLUCKY :/:'(

I just wondered because some players consider what they could have done differently, just after suffering a near miss.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    TheWaddy said:

If you were put in a situation where you had 'A-Aces' and your opponent had A6o and you could run it once and the outcome was based on whether your family lived or died....

And you had one choice, run it with a real deck or run it online, which would everyone pick?

Ooooo thats a tough one for you guys, i 100% know the answer absolutely all would choose, but you certainly aint gonna put it on here!!!!!

Kind of put things in perspective......

Id be running mine whilst glancing over to Jacs/Misty/edge/stokefc's stubborn choice, raising my eyebrows at them as the As 6c online flops 5s 7s 8s...........

Oh come on, this is great forum banter, you all recognise it but put your fingers in your ears and shout blah blah blah blah!

It maybe a stubborn choice but i don't profess to be a poker god and never will be
    A rec getting top 2 % of their range won't think about the cold hard facts of folding on or near the bubble , perhaps they should but these hands don't come around often so when they do a rec will more than likely go with it weather it's the right or wrong play
    If it goes wrong it's a shrug of the shoulders and on to the next one and no bleating about it
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    That wasnt wot i was asking tho was it.... :D
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    If it goes wrong it's a shrug of the shoulders and on to the next one and no bleating about it.

Ha! Ha! Misty needs rescue back with the Herd .. Baah!
    All together.......

https://youtu.be/kjHv1FeaaFo
  • Options
    Well no, but asking weather you would run a 80/20 scenario dependent on your family lived or died , real deck or not is a bit stupid if you ask me , the odds would still be the same
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    @FeelGroggy

Thanks Danny ....... really good of you to take your time and reply

.....and WELL DONE in WSOP in VEGA$ B):)
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

1 Play the queens.
    2 Fold the aces.

It's too late

A-9s

TommyD called with 3-4s .....'coz it was his BB
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,399
    stokefc said:

Well no, but asking weather you would run a 80/20 scenario dependent on your family lived or died , real deck or not is a bit stupid if you ask me , the odds would still be the same

Game, set and match.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Cool, mumsie and stokefc are choosing the online hand!

Push came to shove, they totally lying, but hey it proves the stubborness of the clique! Which is the real point i was making.....
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Cool, mumsie and stokefc are choosing the online hand!

Push came to shove, they totally lying, but hey it proves the stubborness of the clique! Which is the real point i was making.....

You just won't accept other peoples opinions and instead call those people the tea party or clique which is bizarre , you think online deck is exaggerated and so do others most people don't , while there are cards in the deck real or online anything can and does happen , most of us don't cry like a baby when it happens
    I don't know why i'm trying argue with you your mind is entrenched and it will never change
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    "the clique" is basically just everyone on this site except for TheWally, troll extraordinaire.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

1 Play the queens.
    2 Fold the aces.

It's too late

A-9s

You might find that your very short stack, and the likelihood that his two cards were live, may have also played a part in his decision making process.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

In the end though, he got rid of me 'coz I was trying to tell him what the European Sales people needed ..... only for him to implement exactly what I'd asked for

You are completely deluded.

What was this ingenious suggestion?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

In the end though, he got rid of me 'coz I was trying to tell him what the European Sales people needed ..... only for him to implement exactly what I'd asked for

I told you that European Sales Staff needed a basic wage and couldn't work on Commission alone.....which you implemented not long after I left. B)
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

1 Play the queens.
    2 Fold the aces.

It's too late

A-9s

You might find that your very short stack, and the likelihood that his two cards were live, may have also played a part in his decision making process.
    Obviously :)
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

This is an interesting spot and feels incredibly close. I quickly inputted a few ranges and seems like regardless of shoving ranges Aces has 84-85% equity vs an all in. If you win the all in you basically get a seat 100% of the time. 88% of the field gets paid. I wouldn't be able to calculate what your chance of cashing are at this point if you fold but with 8000 chips left after paying your BB I'd imagine it's going to be above 90%. So if you were covered here it would be an easy fold.

But you aren't covered. You also need to work out what percent of the time you cash if you call, lose and are left with 2800 chips. I don't know what this figure is but I reckon it is is higher than you think. You have a full 6 hands until your in the BB again and there is collision going to be happening on other tables in the meantime. I'd say you still cash over half the time.

So lets say it's half the time to make it easy. If you fold your odds of making the money are likely over 90%. If you call Aces 85% of the time you make the money. Of the 15% of the time you lose you probably make the money 7.5%. So by calling Aces here you make the money 92.5% of the time.

As you can see it's incredibly close. It could probably be solved if you ran the spot in HRC but I don't have it. It's close enough that your not winning or losing much either way.

If you were really trying to maximise your EV, you could probably make more money folding by calling. You are at one of the 3 tables that have 6 players and not 5, so the blinds come around slower for you. Also players on other tables will no doubt make some massive calling mistakes which increases your chance of cashing. You could probably generate a higher chance of cashing by time-banking every hand and slowing down the play also.

I would call in game, but that's more down to me having far too many tables to figure all this out in 15 seconds than it being the best play.

Would you fold the queens?

@FeelGroggy
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,782
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

This is an interesting spot and feels incredibly close. I quickly inputted a few ranges and seems like regardless of shoving ranges Aces has 84-85% equity vs an all in. If you win the all in you basically get a seat 100% of the time. 88% of the field gets paid. I wouldn't be able to calculate what your chance of cashing are at this point if you fold but with 8000 chips left after paying your BB I'd imagine it's going to be above 90%. So if you were covered here it would be an easy fold.

But you aren't covered. You also need to work out what percent of the time you cash if you call, lose and are left with 2800 chips. I don't know what this figure is but I reckon it is is higher than you think. You have a full 6 hands until your in the BB again and there is collision going to be happening on other tables in the meantime. I'd say you still cash over half the time.

So lets say it's half the time to make it easy. If you fold your odds of making the money are likely over 90%. If you call Aces 85% of the time you make the money. Of the 15% of the time you lose you probably make the money 7.5%. So by calling Aces here you make the money 92.5% of the time.

As you can see it's incredibly close. It could probably be solved if you ran the spot in HRC but I don't have it. It's close enough that your not winning or losing much either way.

If you were really trying to maximise your EV, you could probably make more money folding by calling. You are at one of the 3 tables that have 6 players and not 5, so the blinds come around slower for you. Also players on other tables will no doubt make some massive calling mistakes which increases your chance of cashing. You could probably generate a higher chance of cashing by time-banking every hand and slowing down the play also.

I would call in game, but that's more down to me having far too many tables to figure all this out in 15 seconds than it being the best play.

Would you fold the queens?

@FeelGroggy
    he is calling those ladies everytime, cause he plays wsop so clearly is not boring like the rest of you :) hahaha

• Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

I told you that European Sales Staff needed a basic wage and couldn't work on Commission alone.....which you implemented not long after I left. B)

I first introduced a basic wage in 1999.
    I was subsequently outvoted by Barry, and Drew, and we went back to commission only.
    I was banging on about basics for many years.
    I believe I reintroduced it in 2007.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

I first introduced a basic wage in 1999.
    I was subsequently outvoted by Barry, and Drew, and we went back to commission only.
    I was banging on about basics for many years.
    I believe I reintroduced it in 2007.

I never once had a basic wage ....... Aug 2006 - April 2009 :|