You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2015
    aghhh so much advice, thanks all for giving it a shot. 

I particuarly like the shandy suggestion, I hadn't thought of that, and it tastes better than mucky beer anyway ! :)

Ugh, it's annoying constantly having to guess and then 2nd guess myself with everything. Trial and error is a frustrating method. 

-----

Geldy it's ok saying just give it time, keep asking the doctor for help etc, but how long do I have to do it for? It's been 23 weeks now, and there is absolutely no sign of improvement. 

Yah there are good days, which in reality aren't even good days, they're just less sh! t than others, but they are still massively outweighed by bad and really bad days, and most dis-heartening of all, there is absolutely no sign of consistancy. 

I know, "feeling tired" is not the worst thing in the world.

I could be in much worse spots, I could be in pain all day, or suffer from a life changing mental illness or something on paper much more terrible....

But when each day is the same slog, waking up and feeling like you haven't even slept, each activity is pretty much an exercise in staying awake long enough to get through to the next designated nap time, it becomes impossible to resist the temptation to change things. 

If someone suggests something, I'm going to have a hard time resisting the urge to try it. 

I didn't mean that to sound sharp or aggressive or anything, I'm just trying to explain how it is from my POV. 

When you're getting advice such as, "don't sleep too much" "let your body sleep wheneevr it wants" "don't do too much exercise" "try upping the exercise levels" "try and do longer grinds" "you're playing too much poker" it becomes difficult to know what line to take. 

24 hours is alot of time to fill when you're advised against and cba doing anything. :(

I dunno. 

Anyway, shandy it is. 

-----

"on the positives"....

I did a skype call with Don this afternoon whilst he was playing some 10nl. 

I randomly put a quote out there...

"Donald, life is like a box of chocolates.."

"yeh, and at the moment Im getting given the shi ttest f* chocolates in the f* box.

pause.

Turkish F* delights..."

......he's working on his tilt levels still ;)

----

Quorn beef stew ready meals r grim. 

----

No footy on the tele tonight. So hoping to play poker. 

Not going to count on it though.

----

Think I under-estimated the rubbish-ness of Englands preperation when I said they'd be 'under-cooked'

At least we lost the toss so aren't out of the game yet. 

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,776
    edited October 2015
    im gonna post this here,im sure dohh wont mind and i originally posted on his thread.
    my brother Wayne passed away last night we are all devastated
    i want to thank all my family on sky poker who on the tables and some PMs and on the forum for all the support and well wishes thank you so much
    RIP Wayne my work mucker, best friend,brother we will miss you terribly ::::::::(

dohhhhhhhh you stay on top of the problems you have keep going the doctors or whoever you have to see just do it

seanxx 
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited October 2015

Sorry to hear that Sean. RIP Wayne. Be strong mate.
  • GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    edited October 2015
    so sorry Sean 
    best wishes to you and your family

DOHHHHHHH don't you f.ck up now
    no alcohol
    no faddish diets
    insist on another set of blood tests
    and post them on here and let all us amateur quacks have a look if you're not sure the experts are getting it right

edited October 2015

Awful news Sean. Very sorry to hear that bud  :(
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    im gonna post this here,im sure dohh wont mind and i originally posted on his thread. my brother Wayne passed away last night we are all devastated i want to thank all my family on sky poker who on the tables and some PMs and on the forum for all the support and well wishes thank you so much RIP Wayne my work mucker, best friend,brother we will miss you terribly ::::::::( dohhhhhhhh you stay on top of the problems you have keep going the doctors or whoever you have to see just do it seanxx 
    Posted by stokefc
    Really sorry to read this, Sean. :-(
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    edited October 2015
    im gonna post this here,im sure dohh wont mind and i originally posted on his thread. my brother Wayne passed away last night we are all devastated i want to thank all my family on sky poker who on the tables and some PMs and on the forum for all the support and well wishes thank you so much RIP Wayne my work mucker, best friend,brother we will miss you terribly ::::::::( dohhhhhhhh you stay on top of the problems you have keep going the doctors or whoever you have to see just do it seanxx 
    Posted by stokefc
    I am really sorry to hear this Sean, RIP Wayne, my deepest condolences to you and your family x
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited October 2015
    First off I'm very sorry for you and your family Sean.

And JJ going back to your drinking dilemma...

From speaking to you a fair bit over the last 5 years or so, I always got the impression that you only drank alcohol in order to play poker.

I never remember you needing or even drinking at all on your days off from poker.

Now that you have overcome this issue, I see no reason why you shouldn't enjoy a few drinks socially.

That's just my opinion, it's your call and only you can decide.

Good to see you joining the real world again, and I'm enjoying your diary, apart from all this veggie malarky though.
    edited October 2015

ayahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think I'm done. 

with 10nl that is. 

Completed 20k hands on 888 tonight. 

Overall I lost $29

My all in adjusted would be +$100. Which is a winrate of exactly 5xbb/100.

-------

I haven't managed the full 20k hands on partypoker, the games have got horrible all of a sudden. Not sure why. Just so turgid. Tables break constantly when the fish (who normally only has like 30xbb) busts. 

The stats on there read...

15,700 hands 

+$106

All in adjusted = +$172, which would give a winrate in excess of 10xbb/100.

----

Are these results satisfactory?

No. I'm a small winner. 

But if I focus on the adjusted ev line, it's probably just about good enough as I'd be winning at around 8/9xbb/100 over 35k hands. 

And I'm honestly losing the will/enthusiasm to sit in these games any longer, they're just bum-hunt central. 

I 6 table, and bet I play 12 different tables per hour due to games breaking all the time. 

-----

I realise that's probably the most boring update ever btw for non-software users. 

Probably pretty dull for software users too.

But it's done now! As am I (for now) on dollar sites. 

Conclusion = Moving up to 20nl!

= Back to skyyyyyyyyyyy.

Will probably flog half of the action to Lambo for a session or 2 just to stop me imploding like I usually do when I move up. 

Really not sure what to expect, I'm going to guess the games are completely different to what I've been playing. 

We start tomorrow!!! :)

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,066
    edited October 2015
    Firstly, awful news about your brother Sean. My thoughts are with you and your family mate.

Dohhh.....it never looks as though you actually enjoy playing 'x' amount of hands each session. You always seem relieved when each session is over? I can't see the point myself, meant to be fun. Have you considered dedicating a week, or a month, or whatever to playing soley mtts? So much more enjoyable imo..........unless I'm wrong and you are enjoying each session, in which case ignore everything I have said.

All the best anyway
  • mrsduckmrsduck Member Posts: 1,901
    edited October 2015
    Sad news Sean, hugs xx
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,776
    edited October 2015
    Firstly, awful news about your brother Sean. My thoughts are with you and your family mate. Dohhh.....it never looks as though you actually enjoy playing 'x' amount of hands each session. You always seem relieved when each session is over? I can't see the point myself, meant to be fun. Have you considered dedicating a week, or a month, or whatever to playing soley mtts? So much more enjoyable imo..........unless I'm wrong and you are enjoying each session, in which case ignore everything I have said. All the best anyway
    Posted by waller02

i think he would rather scoop his eyes out with spoons than play mtts ryan yet what i can remember hes not bad at them
    i think the variance is to high for his liking imho
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,399
    edited October 2015
    It's the length of MTT's that's the problem for Dohh, not that he doesn't like them or anything to do with variance!
    edited October 2015
    Yeah I suppose the fact you can stand from the cash tables whenever you like is a big plus if you are suffering with tiredness.
    edited October 2015

Hi Rik. 

Yah Ivan pretty much sums it up, it's not really an option at the moment because I can't commit to play even a short session, nevermind a medium 1 or potentially a big 1 (which I would need to do once in a blue moon when I make a FT).

To give you an idea, I've played over 80 'sessions' of cash poker in the last 6 weeks. 

Only 3 have been longer than 2 hours. 

So it's barely long enough to get me to the ante period. 

fwiw, anyone who's at a crossroads with their poker, and not sure which direction to go...

I would 100000000% suggest they focus on MTTs. 

Even if they're just using it as an occasional hobby. 

They are by far the softest format left in poker. 

Cash, even at stakes as low as 10nl (£6 buy in) is incredibly reg filled. The cash landscape in online poker at the mo is as bad as it's probably ever been. 

I believe the tournaments, particuarly at micro stakes, still offer alot of good value pretty much all over the internet. So that's the place to be!

-----

Rik I couldn't help but notice (plz dnt be offended here) that you have a double 'L' in your username. 

Maxally has too. 

This seems very strange to me, and I wouldn't be doing my duty as a sky regular if I didn't ask sky dan to take a look into it just to make sure nothing strange is going on.

What do you think Ivan? 

------

Played an hour this morning back on sky.

Won 2 pounds. 

I am never complaining about breaking even again. 

So wooooop :) 
    edited October 2015

.....I so wish I ran half as good as Rik does. Ivan should also report solly....batesy....tommy and that RSPCA officer for winning/running WAY too good.....and dont even get me started on that wackpot ;)

They are by far the softest format left in poker. - This is why I play MTT's
    edited October 2015
    .....I so wish I ran half as good as Rik does. Ivan should also report solly....batesy....tommy and that RSPCA officer for winning/running WAY too good.....and dont even get me started on that wackpot ;) They are by far the softest format left in poker. - This is why I play MTT's
    Posted by MAXALLY

Says the roller winner...........
    edited October 2015

We have a winnnnnnnnnnnnnn yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Confession first... 

I've bottled nl20

I like to play first thing in a morning and there's never any tables. 

As for tonight, I was just scared. No excuses. Although I'm still in the middle of the fatigue (even further down) swing, so probably shouldn't be playing at all as I'm going to be nowhere near A game. 

So still using it as a valid excuse.

Played a couple hours of 8/10 no limit. 

Winned £35.

In dolalrs, that's $54. 

Don't think I won that much in a day during the whole 35,000 nl10 hands on other sites. 

Roll = £1079.55

---------

Looking forward to Z snooker tomorrow night.

I used to play alot in the pub. I wasn't very good, my highest break was 46, missed an easy blue for the half century.

Pressure. 

Literally haven't picked a cue up in 6/7 years. 

Anything could happen!

Including a back spasm. 

Feeling alot more positive closing off the pokerz on an evening for once. 

Even though pretty much every day is the same for me it's still the weekend, the premiership is back, the tables should be good, Cook is 150 not out, and I won at cards.

Hype again. 

-----

Still going with the veggie thing. 4 days down, 26 to go.

Although everything I buy and cook is only for me.

It means i've had to scoff a whole cabbage to myself in 2 days.

So yeh, in a spot where I feel sick when I think about cabbage now. Not ideal for an aspiring veggie. 

Oh another confession, technically I failed the veggie challenge, I had 4 drops of wocestershire sauce on some cheese on toast.

As an after thought, I googled it just out of curiosity and to confirm it was fine.

It's got anchovies in it. 

doh.

who knew? It's a minefield !!!!

----

Back tomorrow, gl all on the weekend grind. 

• bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,714
    edited October 2015
    Looking forward to Z snooker tomorrow night. I used to play alot in the pub. I wasn't very good, my highest break was 46, missed an easy blue for the half century. Pressure.  Literally haven't picked a cue up in 6/7 years.  
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Wow pretty similar to myself, I was on a clearance and missed an easy blue off the spot on 48, had position to roll both pink and black in off their spots too. In my head I'd made the 66 clearance, now instead I have to live knowing I'm likely to never made it past 50. Considering a purchase of some 1980s Dennis Taylor glasses to help the cause!  Probably just going to play some snooker some time would be a start.

Congrats on a winning session. Take the confidence into the next few. GL.
    edited October 2015

Enjoy the snooker man. My biggest break is only 38 twice! Thought I could smash the game when I played pool to a good level back in the day. It only helped when I played snooker for a couple of hours before playing a pool match after...the table shrunk! Won the jackpot once on one of the machines in the club. The Bar Manager said give it 1/2 hour before I left the premises ;)

Give us a report of the night mate...and dont forget, SHANDIES!!!