You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    DOHH, wondering if you can help me out. Do you know who is the best cash player to watch on twitch?  Can't seem to get this info anywhere. Cheers,  DTM
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Hi DTM, the best twitch cash player since Lambo retired from it again is AJfenix, streaming 200nl zoom games. 

If you're still doing the all night grinds, he'll be good as he streams live alot in the am our time. 

If not, it looks like he records his streams now for subscribers to watch. Seems to be 15 hours or so available on demand for $5 a month. Well worth checking out. 

• Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited October 2015
    You seem to proving 2 points

1. It is possible for you to make a return on 10nl over a long run (even nitty reg infested HUD using ones) WP
    2. You dont enjoy it

I get that for motivational purposes outside of poker - you are challenging yourself with volume targets.

I just wonder whether there are more enjoyable ways of doing it that's all.

Personally I dont play much cash - when I do - not that well - I dont criticise nits, but I know someone who does and I know they read your diary!

edited October 2015
    You seem to proving 2 points 1. It is possible for you to make a return on 10nl over a long run (even nitty reg infested HUD using ones) WP 2. You dont enjoy it I get that for motivational purposes outside of poker - you are challenging yourself with volume targets. I just wonder whether there are more enjoyable ways of doing it that's all. Personally I dont play much cash - when I do - not that well - I dont criticise nits, but I know someone who does and I know they read your diary!
    Posted by Phantom66
    Yep, cannot lie Phantom, atm I am struggling big time with the pokerz. 

But then I'm in the middle of a pretty long period of sustained runbad, which is proved w/ stats etc so it isn't just in my head/me making excuses. 

Maybe I'm not supposed to be enjoying it in these circumstances :)

As for your mystery man, polarising clues. 

He criticises nits = it could be 99% of the poker playing population

He reads this diary = narrows it down to you (who you've already ruled out), TK, who loves nits, Bates and Percy who both torture nits in their own respective fields, and Lambo. 

so I'll punt at Lambo :)
    edited October 2015
    Can't believe you missed the obvious.

I have only watched 2 players linked to this diary who twitch and you picked the wrong one (or at least you may be right about Lambo) but I was thinking the Don.
    edited October 2015
    Can't believe you missed the obvious. I have only watched 2 players linked to this diary who twitch and you picked the wrong one (or at least you may be right about Lambo) but I was thinking the Don.
    Posted by Phantom66
    haha do you mean the real don? the_don90

Or fake don? the--don 

Another flip!

It can't be the real Don coz he never plays poker, so I'll go with fake Don, the Cumbrian rather than the Scotsman. 

----

This just happened. 

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Kc Ks ]
    Volonter_23 folds
    knoq001 raises [$0.40 USD]
    alcap0ne12 folds
    vietchivu raises [$2.80 USD]
    DemenetedHag folds
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$2.70 USD]
    knoq001 is all-In  [$13.87 USD]
    vietchivu is all-In  [$1.98 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 is all-In  [$8.35 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 7s, Jc, 3s ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 8s ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 6s ]
    vietchivu shows [ Qs, Qh ]a flush, Queen high.
    PeteGibbons99 shows [ Kc, Ks ]a flush, King high.
    knoq001 shows [ Ad, Ah ]a pair of Aces.

When we're all in, party doesn't reveal the hole cards until after the community cards are dealt. 

It was a fun moment :)

Although no surprise at me getting KK in pre for 100xbb and having 2 outs again. 

yawn/sigh etc. 

IS THIS THE TURNING POINT <3
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,399
    edited October 2015
    I had an even crazier hand the other week in a Turbo DYM. Got it in with Kings against Jacks and Aces. The Jacks hit their 2 outer on the turn. But then I hit my 2 outer on the winner!
    edited October 2015
    Must confess you got me there JJ, I get my dons mixed up. 

Seems the--don is at least trying to help out by changing his name.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Rousing words Master, but they aren't going to work today.  I think Brent said it best. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Are you reading these??? ---- Also note the accidental use of "least upbeat" rather than "most downbeat" Sub conscious PMA for you right there.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    The words mean even more when you hear them part way through the genius film that is Coach Carter!

I think this quote is a good one for you to ponder

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” 
    ― Thomas A. Edison
  • DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited October 2015
    Cheers DOHH,

Will defo have a look.  Will also look out for some reg 6 max cash.  Doesn't seam to be much about on there.

Thanks again,

DTM
    edited October 2015

Yah good cash streams are pretty sparce DTM. 

There's a guy called komododragonjesus who streams alot of it, probably the 2nd best option.

-----

It was nearly going to be a "more of the same" type update. 

I played on 888 again, and just got killed. 

Did 3.5 buyins inside 500 hands. 

I really am done with the site. This time I mean it hahaha. 

I am desperately trying to get someone to take the money off the site for me. 

Party is different, I'm going to keep that roll going just so I have an alternative to sky when there is no action. It's 'off roll' so I'm a little more chilled out when I play on there. And they're banning huds this month so who knows, the games might get really good. 

So after I lost on 888 again I loaded sky and played some 20nl, (effectively 10nl w/ the Lambster in for half again)

I won £28, before all the tables but 1 totally collapsed at midnight after the points promotion ended. 

I'm a little gutted as I felt good in the games, and am now all coffeed up with nowhere to play :(
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £25.83
    kev1993 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £22.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K

Twaper1234 Fold     
    lerky Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.50 £0.80 £25.33
    kev1993 Call  £0.40 £1.20 £21.60
    Flop

• J

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £0.90 £2.10 £24.43
    kev1993 Call  £0.90 £3.00 £20.70
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.50 £4.50 £22.93
    kev1993 Raise  £4.50 £9.00 £16.20
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    kev1993
    This hand broke my heart a little :(

So happy on the flop.

So so sad ott :(

Sometimes you just gotta let go :)

-----

So Overall I had wins of £28 and $20 today, and a loss of $35.

Another £14 shipped over to the Lamby nose op fund, $20 was 'off roll' so unfortunately we still had a losing day :(

Roll = 1065ish

------
    More promising life stuff than recently.

There is a decent chance I'll be on the road very soon, as I've pretty much got a car sorted and can get insured for a year for like £300.

This wasn't something I expected to happen until next year at the earliest, and that was if everything went well. So it's a pretty big deal and quite exciting :)

My worry isn't the rustyness behind the wheel, but with the constant fatigue/lethargy and inability to concentrate for very long at all, is driving going to be a sensible option?

agh.

On top of that I've been in touch with an old uni mate again today who's not having the best of times. We got talking and as a medium term goal discussed maybe a temporary flat share or something early next year.

Seemed to be something that would suit us both as a short term thing, and most likely will be located in or around Sheffield. <3

Awesome developments which are wayyyyyy ahead of scheduled. And ofc are just ideas at the moment.

If only I didn't have the bl00dy health stuff holding me back :(

Still no improvement there.

My afternoon nap which used to be for an hour around 5 or 6ish is turning into a full 3/4 hour sleep, normally 2 till 5/6.

It's sooooooooooooooooo depressingggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

If that somehow fixes itself everything looks really good :)

Just got to keep hoping it does! :)

-----
    Gum issue seems to have eased slightly.

Have been able to eat some non-liquid food today.

Being a veggie is still easy.

Quite boring, and not having meat is more in-convenient than anything else. Alot of nice snacks contain tiny bits of meat.

Avoiding like actual meat in future, as in lamb shanks, chicken legs, beef burgers etc, would be quite easy I think, I don't eat much of it at all.

The big miss would be bacon.
    ----
    Anyway, back tomorrow. SKY ONLY ZONE!

edited October 2015

Hurrahhhhhh !

We have a good day :)

Will keep it to just results as I've been talking alot of cr@ p lately. 

Insane hour of run good around tea-time, then a 2 hour break even session just now = a pretty good result.

Unfortuntaly it's all "off roll" as I haven't metaphorically xferred any challenge money over to party, but whatever. 

Decent winning day hype. 

For

The

First

Time

In

Aggggggggggggeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

----

Aghhhh it's a great game when things go well <3

GN. 

• POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re::
    Hurrahhhhhh ! We have a good day :) Will keep it to just results as I've been talking alot of sh! t lately.  http://imgur.com/IWBHBKN Insane hour of run good around tea-time, then a 2 hour break even session just now = a pretty good result. Unfortuntaly it's all "off roll" as I haven't metaphorically xferred any challenge money over to party, but whatever.  Decent winning day hype.  For The First Time In Aggggggggggggeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. ---- Aghhhh it's a great game when things go well <3 GN. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    <3 keep it goin m8 - gl
    edited October 2015
    What do you think party will be like at the lower stakes without HUDs?
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re::
    In Response to Re: : <3 keep it goin m8 - gl
    Posted by POKERTREV

Thanks Trev-Laaaaaaa :)

What do you think party will be like at the lower stakes without HUDs?
    Posted by MattBates
    Contrasting signals so far Master. 

If it's owt like yesterday teatime I could make 30k a year @ $10nl.

If it's owt like yesterday night time, I'll probably continue to break even. 

As Donald would say...

"poker is like a box of chocolates. Just have to hope we don't get given the s****est chocolate in the f^ box.....

.....Turkish f^/ delight..!!!!"

-----

No pokerz for me today.

Have something on my mind which wont go away until tomorrow dinnertime at the earliest.

The intrigue. 

Going to watch Yorkshire v Pakistan instead, then sleep lots.

GL all trying hard to make some sets this weekend. 
    edited October 2015

Had abit of a self-analysis think to myself overnight last night, and decided to man up abit with pokerz.

Like the game doesn't owe me anything, I've been very successful at it over the last 5/6 years and even recently have continued to win and make money to withdraw quite freely. 

The conclusion was, if I went and lost abit back to the game, it wouldn't be that big a deal. 

I've been far too uptight, I tend to like to protect what I have, cling on to it for dear life, rather than looking to increase the (modest) pile.

With thoughts recently about cars, insurance, and even finding my own place in the medium term, it dawned on me I have a pretty awesome opportunity to make some money now whilst I'm still 'getting better' to make life even better/easier when I've got there. 

So yah, today I decided to man up. 

Priorities such as volume, and proving myself in difficult games etc are now gone. 

The sole purpose of poker now, which is probably very standard for most but hasn't been a priority of mine for 4/5 years, is to make as much money as I can.

If that means sitting in softer games where I'm not going to improve or be challenged (at least on table, there will always be mental challenges) then I'm just going to do it.

----

This isn't after-timing btw, I did really have a talk with a couple of friends this morning and explained the above, and went on to have a really good day after.

Played some 20nl on sky, keeping all my action, and lost. :(

Pretty bad 10nl session on party too.

This evening I added some mtts, playing 4 on sky and 1 on party alongside some cash, and FT'd 2 of them, and cashed another 2.

5th in a £200 gtd £5 buyin was about 18 quid

2nd in £200 gtd £5 buyin turbo was £50

15th in the £2k gtd £11 BH was about £40

Exit in the BH was probably abit spewy.

See what you think.....

I'd opened 5 times in the previous 4 orbits and villain in the hand had shoved on me and got folds 4 of those times.

I know this is a completely different spot, but I convinced myself he was aggressive enough for me to be able to get this hand in.

He destroyed me tbh.

Blue card?

Once?

Just 1 time?

:(
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  800.00 800.00 40358.50
    NoEa5yCa5h Big blind  1600.00 2400.00 29986.00
      Your hole cards

jtf Fold     
    heedgehog Fold     
    AM338 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Call  800.00 3200.00 39558.50
    NoEa5yCa5h Check     
    Flop

• Q

DOHHHHHHH Bet  1825.00 5025.00 37733.50
    NoEa5yCa5h Raise  5250.00 10275.00 24736.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  37733.50 48008.50 0.00
    NoEa5yCa5h All-in  24736.00 72744.50 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  9572.50 63172.00 9572.50
    DOHHHHHHH Show

NoEa5yCa5h Show
    • Q

Turn

River

NoEa5yCa5h Win Two Pairs, Queens and 7s 63172.00  63172.00
    ---

Party cash

http://imgur.com/6RMgBPU

----
    So a very good day results wise.

Which is now the main thing.

No more of the "meh I played well and lost so I'm happy with that" type posts :)

The weekly mug fiver double on Swansea/WBA @ 10/1 a good bink too :)

I'm going to try really hard to "just get on with it" from now on. Any losses I'll try and iron out by just blasting out volume.

If it goes wrong, and I lose 3,4,5,6 hundred quid...

Well it's not the end of the World, and at least I'll know I've given it a proper shot.

-----

Sunday tomorrow....

Sunday league footy

Newc v Sun

City v United

Pool v S'ton

Eat some veg at some point during the above schedule.

Nap

Then think about cards.

Roll = £1144.85
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited October 2015
    Great day lad, I'm still gonna steal the fantasy footy MoM away from you tomorrow though.

Great decision to go after the money too btw. Glgl with getting £££ together for all the new exciting adventures of life.
  • GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    edited October 2015
    glgl

hand above - ul but nice try

• The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited October 2015
    Great day lad, I'm still gonna steal the fantasy footy MoM away from you tomorrow though. Great decision to go after the money too btw. Glgl with getting £££ together for all the new exciting adventures of life.
    Posted by Lambert180
    hows that going for you paul ? 
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : hows that going for you paul ? 
    Posted by The_Don90
    <3 

If anyone is interested, I'm now 46 points clear at the top of our mini sky poker FF league

The standings are as follows...

DOHHHHHHH
    AJ_rockets
    Lambert_180
    Evilpingu
    the_don90
    ACEGOONER

or 

Doncaster Rovers
    Blackburn Rovers
    Everton
    Leeds
    Rangers
    Arsenal

The representative of the most successful club in the World currently 2nd bottom of the league. 

-------

The lack of updates since the 'new start' isn't due to run bad or anything. 

I've hit another wave of tiredness, it really is quite sickening when it comes. Feel it 1 evening, hope it isn't what I think it is. Wake the next day and can barely get out of bed. 

So barely any volume. 

Dedicated Tuesday/Wednesday all day, and Thursday morning to a big big biggggg grind this week. 

I don't feel that good right now, I'm going to do some exercise, have a hot/cold shower (whatever works) and hope that I can get something going.

If not, another day in bed :(

----

All volume since the Saturday MTT session has been party nl10.

Sessions of 34 mins, 45 mins and 21 mins. 

So yah, struggling. 

763 hands,

+$22.50

-----

First 'off road' driving lesson yesterday went fine. 

It was just farmilirasing myself with controlling the car again so not alot could go wrong.

Was abit overly cautious at first judging the distance between the left wheel and the curb but soon got used to it. 

10 year license renewal thing has been sent off and I can now legally drive again :D

Just need a car.......   :/ 

-----

Good luck all on the midweek grind slog. 

edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : <3  If anyone is interested, I'm now 46 points clear at the top of our mini sky poker FF league The standings are as follows... DOHHHHHHH AJ_rockets Lambert_180 Evilpingu the_don90 ACEGOONER or  Doncaster Rovers Blackburn Rovers Everton Leeds Rangers Arsenal The representative of the most successful club in the World currently 2nd bottom of the league.  ------- The lack of updates since the 'new start' isn't due to run bad or anything.  I've hit another wave of tiredness, it really is quite sickening when it comes. Feel it 1 evening, hope it isn't what I think it is. Wake the next day and can barely get out of bed.  So barely any volume.  Dedicated Tuesday/Wednesday all day, and Thursday morning to a big big biggggg grind this week.  I don't feel that good right now, I'm going to do some exercise, have a hot/cold shower (whatever works) and hope that I can get something going. If not, another day in bed :( ---- All volume since the Saturday MTT session has been party nl10. Sessions of 34 mins, 45 mins and 21 mins.  So yah, struggling.  763 hands, +$22.50 ----- First 'off road' driving lesson yesterday went fine.  It was just farmilirasing myself with controlling the car again so not alot could go wrong. Was abit overly cautious at first judging the distance between the left wheel and the curb but soon got used to it.  10 year license renewal thing has been sent off and I can now legally drive again :D Just need a car.......   :/  ----- Good luck all on the midweek grind slog. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Surely its just a bonus you let them in the top flight!