You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited October 2015
    So you a Blade fan then Doh?

Not followed footy for quite a while now, new thing is rugby! lot better to watch, well from a lot of females perpectives anyway lol

Rather watch sunday footy any day than the big football teams. Lots more fun to watch agreed.

Good luck tonight.
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited October 2015
    Hey JJ

Just a quick message, been a while since we've spoke.

Just wanted to say all the best with everything and know it will work out for you.

It sounds from what Geldy posted that some of the stuff you are going through - how you are feeling - will pass with time, even though it's pretty sh itty just now, but just stay strong with it.

All the best and if you ever want to do a sweat session or anything poker related just ping me a message.
    edited October 2015
    @Don, the local stop smoking groups are really good and they will give you whatever stop smoking aid you want for free.

The Nicorette quick mist spray is really decent, just use it when you get a craving, good for poker players too, you can use it every tourney break, when you'd normally have a smoke.

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    So you a Blade fan then Doh? Not followed footy for quite a while now, new thing is rugby! lot better to watch, well from a lot of females perpectives anyway lol Rather watch sunday footy any day than the big football teams. Lots more fun to watch agreed. Good luck tonight.
    Posted by Darkangel7

Hi angel.

No I'm not a Blade, I'm from down the road in Doncaster so came along to watch your lot give us a good hiding a couple of weeks ago. 

I used to like rugby too :(

I've seen tonnes of so called 'jokes' this week about the absense of England in the knockout stage. 

It's unfortunate, but pretty funny all the same that all 3 remaining home nations bust in the quarters. haha. 

Still at least we'll see the Irish and Welsh in France for a kick about with a round ball next summer. 

Next exciting date in the Scottish sporting calander must be, as usual,  the curling? 

Bet you can't wait Don <3

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Hey JJ Just a quick message, been a while since we've spoke. Just wanted to say all the best with everything and know it will work out for you. It sounds from what Geldy posted that some of the stuff you are going through - how you are feeling - will pass with time, even though it's pretty sh itty just now, but just stay strong with it. All the best and if you ever want to do a sweat session or anything poker related just ping me a message.
    Posted by LARSON7

Hi Henrik, thanks for the good wishes bud. 

How much time??? :D:/ 

ha only joking, I know I have to stick at it and hope things will turn round. And I've every confidence that i'll be able to. 

As ive mentioned before the motivation to change isn't coming from within myself as such, more for the benefit of others so as long as that remains the same, I reckon i'll be alright. 

Look forward to battling it out in the 20nl streets again later this week :)

-----

Veggie review. 

mushroom & cheese / boston bean melts from asda. 

3 boxes for a fiver.

Very nice. Best veggie meal yet <3

-----

On to poker.............

edited October 2015
    How much time??? :D:/ 

ha only joking, I know I have to stick at it and hope things will turn round. And I've every confidence that i'll be able to. 

As ive mentioned before the motivation to change isn't coming from within myself as such, more for the benefit of others so as long as that remains the same, I reckon i'll be alright. 

sigh just wrote a big long post went to post it and wasn't logged in!

With time, not to sure about alchol Geldy or someone else might have a better idea.

With smoking for example, when quitting, it's so easy to say ill have one more, then you are 100 cigarettes later and still smoking.

When a smoker says "last one", they are not having the "last one" because they enjoy it they are just supressing the need to feed their nicotine habit. For someone to stop smoking successfully  they need to want to do it for themselves and manage despite the withdrawal symptoms. 

When stoping smoking with time the urge to smoke defo diminishes, it's tough for sure but does get a lot better.

I wish you all the best with it!

I would also like to say thank you to you. You were perhaps one of the first poker players I got to know off the tables a couple of years ago and when I was starting out you helped me a lot with my game, as you have helped out many others.
    also.

All the best to you sir, crush life and poker.
    edited October 2015

Thanks Henrik, that's a pretty cool thing to say. I appreciate the kind words bud :)

So........

Just recognising I'm in a pretty weird spot right now. 

Over the past few months, I've been very driven by poker. I've tried to put alot of effort into this spinup challenge, and obviously have had a few obsticles to overcome in order to do so. 

I've tried to play as much as I can when I'm feeling fit to do so, to cram as much volume in as I can (which is still not much at all, but still the methodology is the same)

Sometimes along the "meh I don't really want to play but I feel ok, and I might not feel this good again for a week so I have to make the most of it" line. 

Tonight I feel well enough to attempt a session. 

I just don't want to play, or rather there are other things I'd rather do. 

So that's what I'm going to do :)

It's a strange feeling 'chosing' not to play. 

But it's very nice to have a little say in it :)

----

I have a completely empty week ahead. 

I haven't driven for like 10 years, I stopped driving when I started university due to the expense. 

And when I came out of university I was drinking 4 days a week so not much need for wheels!

But still hold a full, clean UK driving license. 

I may ask the old man if he can find the time to suporvise my return to the drivers seat a couple of nights this week, with a view to sorting out a car. 

I wasn't planning on doing anything like that until the new year, but it can't hurt to go for a spin around an empty carpark or something can it! :/ ?

Anyone ever driven after a long abscense? Is it easy to pick up again?

-----

Also have my eye on Rovverum v Reading Tues neet to complete my own tour de Yorkshire. 

-----

Would probably make sense to set some poker goals for the week too. I'll have a think over night. 

Competition seems to help with them.

Anyone have any ideas?

I normally compete against Don in volume based challenges, but he quits almost straight away, and then sporadically across the duration of the challenge. So alot of time is spent convincing him to try and win, which kind of defeats the object of the exercise. 

Meh I dno. 

Walking dead & Elrupert hype http://www.twitch.tv/ruperte 

Back tomorrow. 

Roll = £1060.70

edited October 2015

Anyone have any thoughts on this hand?

Opponent is 25/16 over 111 hands. 

Has 3bet 5 times from 50 oppertunities. 

Has only attempted to steal the blinds 3 times in 24 oppertunities, raising first in once in 8 times from the button.

Playing 102xbb effective. He is button, I am BB

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to DOHHHHHHH24 [ Ks, Jc ]
    malice987 folds
    ILoveYayo folds
    lagerbashz folds
    TMHTJ raises [$0.28]
    majkolino folds
    DOHHHHHHH24 calls [$0.18]

** Dealing flop ** [ Ac, Qc, Ts ]

DOHHHHHHH24 checks
    TMHTJ bets [$0.45]
    DOHHHHHHH24 raises [$1.62]
    TMHTJ calls [$1.17]

** Dealing turn ** [ Ah ]

DOHHHHHHH24 bets [$1.72]
    TMHTJ raises [$3.64]
    DOHHHHHHH24 ?????
  • mrsduckmrsduck Member Posts: 1,901
    edited October 2015
    Just started driving again last month after a 10 year hiatus (I only drove for 2-3 years before that)
    I was petrified so booked 1 lesson and after less than 15 minutes it was like I'd never stopped, incredible!
    (I'm still perfecting my parking though...!)
    So go for it :)
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited October 2015
    @Don, the local stop smoking groups are really good and they will give you whatever stop smoking aid you want for free. The Nicorette quick mist spray is really decent, just use it when you get a craving, good for poker players too, you can use it every tourney break, when you'd normally have a smoke.  
    Posted by LARSON7
    thanks bud had the patches and inhilator the last time, wont get patches again tho as turned out to be allergic to them (strangely when ur quitting i found it a great disquise). 

Just need to find the motovation again 
    edited October 2015
    Thanks Henrik, that's a pretty cool thing to say. I appreciate the kind words bud :) So........ Just recognising I'm in a pretty weird spot right now.  Over the past few months, I've been very driven by poker. I've tried to put alot of effort into this spinup challenge, and obviously have had a few obsticles to overcome in order to do so.  I've tried to play as much as I can when I'm feeling fit to do so, to cram as much volume in as I can (which is still not much at all, but still the methodology is the same) Sometimes along the "meh I don't really want to play but I feel ok, and I might not feel this good again for a week so I have to make the most of it" line.  Tonight I feel well enough to attempt a session.  I just don't want to play, or rather there are other things I'd rather do.  So that's what I'm going to do :) It's a strange feeling 'chosing' not to play.  But it's very nice to have a little say in it :) ---- I have a completely empty week ahead.  I haven't driven for like 10 years, I stopped driving when I started university due to the expense.  And when I came out of university I was drinking 4 days a week so not much need for wheels! But still hold a full, clean UK driving license.  I may ask the old man if he can find the time to suporvise my return to the drivers seat a couple of nights this week, with a view to sorting out a car.  I wasn't planning on doing anything like that until the new year, but it can't hurt to go for a spin around an empty carpark or something can it! :/ ? Anyone ever driven after a long abscense? Is it easy to pick up again? ----- Also have my eye on Rovverum v Reading Tues neet to complete my own tour de Yorkshire.  ----- Would probably make sense to set some poker goals for the week too. I'll have a think over night.  Competition seems to help with them. Anyone have any ideas? I normally compete against Don in volume based challenges, but he quits almost straight away, and then sporadically across the duration of the challenge. So alot of time is spent convincing him to try and win, which kind of defeats the object of the exercise.  Meh I dno.  Walking dead & Elrupert hype  http://www.twitch.tv/ruperte Back tomorrow.  Roll = £1060.70
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I believe you offered over the weekend and i politely declined, watching andrew marr was far more interesting anyways
    edited October 2015

I can't believe you are short of motivation to stop smoking Donald.

Take a look around you :)

If that fails, do some finacnial calculations. 

-------

Bit of poker action to report today. 

I have a reallyyyyyyyyyyyy sore gum in the wisdom teeth area, it's taking painkillers to just control the soreness, if it turns into genuine toothache, ugh. It will be ****. 

My biggest fear in life, without a shadow of a doubt, even more so than tuna, is the dentist. 

I wont go unless it's absolutely the only option left. 

During the middle of my 6 yr slump an unbearable, horrific toothache was the only thing that could get me out the house! 

Anxiety upon anxiety upon panic upon panic. 

That's how bad the pain was!!!

Anyway we aren't quite at this stage yet, I have massive OCD with my teeth/mouth, brushing and mouthwashing (standard and warm salt water) constantly all day every day.

Have to hope it doesn't get worse! 

---

Anyway, I got on to that because it was responsible for cutting the afternoon 20nl session short. 

Played for about half an hour and won around a tenner. 

Every1 loves a cold 4 bluff.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    tsotm Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £20.30
    BYDANDY50 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.54
      Your hole cards
    • A

suziq198 Fold     
    BigHawk89 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £30.33
    PokerKinga Raise  £2.10 £3.00 £17.31
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £5.40 £8.40 £16.46
    tsotm Fold     
    BYDANDY50 Fold     
    BigHawk89 Fold     
    PokerKinga Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Muck     
    DOHHHHHHH Win  £5.10  £21.56
    DOHHHHHHH Return  £3.30 £0.00 £24.86

:)

Chopped with Lambo again. 

When I looked again tonight the tables were grim and the waiting lists all 3/4 regs deep. No ty. 

Played 800 hands on 888, and won $18.

Continue to run below average. 

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to DOHHHHHHH24 [ As, Ah ]
    Jeeeen folds
    24lord24 folds
    DOHHHHHHH24 raises [$0.28]
    hoganlovells raises [$0.99]
    Yoochith folds
    KimbyN1 folds
    DOHHHHHHH24 raises [$2.07]
    hoganlovells calls [$1.36]
    ** Dealing flop ** [ Ad, Qs, 7h ]
    DOHHHHHHH24 checks
    hoganlovells bets [$3.23]
    DOHHHHHHH24 calls [$3.23]
    ** Dealing turn ** [ 5s ]
    DOHHHHHHH24 checks
    hoganlovells bets [$4.98]
    DOHHHHHHH24 calls [$4.44]
    ** Dealing river ** [ 8c ]
    ** Summary **
    DOHHHHHHH24 shows [ As, Ah ]
    hoganlovells shows [ 6d, 9d ]
    hoganlovells collected [ $19.19 ]

Still not even sure how/why or even if this really happened. ^^^^^

----

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to DOHHHHHHH24 [ As, Kd ]
    vovalik888 folds
    Mr._47 folds
    Mentalist85 folds
    DOHHHHHHH24 raises [$0.22]
    KuKu1981 raises [$0.69]
    pokerface407 calls [$0.64]
    DOHHHHHHH24 calls [$0.52]
    ** Dealing flop ** [ Ac, 8h, 6s ]
    KuKu1981 bets [$1.66]
    pokerface407 folds
    DOHHHHHHH24 calls [$1.66]
    ** Dealing turn ** [ 7c ]
    KuKu1981 bets [$4.15]
    DOHHHHHHH24

Maybe this 1 is more interesting. 

Opponent has a 1% 3b over 450 hands

Otherwise he plays 20/13.

Are we really folding AK btn v sb 3bet now?

Are we folding turns on Axxx? 

Poker outside of the sky bubble is grim mannnn. 

----

Anyway, we won today. It's a good day. 

Roll = £1080.41. 

----

Had a look at tickets for Rovverscum v Reading tomorrow night, and it seems to be all but sold out. 

As is their home match on Friday. 

The New York stadium trip will have to wait. 

More of the same tomorrow then, I guess.

Using my 1 time again on the tooth overnight. 

• MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : thanks bud had the patches and inhilator the last time, wont get patches again tho as turned out to be allergic to them (strangely when ur quitting i found it a great disquise).  Just need to find the motovation again 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Seriously? Assuming this is just worded wrong as surely baby no.2 is all the motivation you need? Cant see Mel liking you smelling of smoke!
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Seriously? Assuming this is just worded wrong as surely baby no.2 is all the motivation you need? Cant see Mel liking you smelling of smoke!
    Posted by MattBates
    its not just smoking motovation ive been lacking in honesty, just motovation in general 
  • Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited October 2015
    Keep it going Dohhh! Long time reader and have posted before...(may have been a long timeago!)

Really like and appreciate the honesty of your blog and general musings that we all have; but you say!............
    ........"My biggest fear in life, without a shadow of a doubt, even more so than tuna, is the dentist." 

Now those tuna just loveeeee jumping in those small tins from John West ! and thats where the unique taste comes from! Love a Tuna sandwich/baguette with mayo!(I don't want to know the cruel practice they use to make/force that mayo into the jar!!! And is it more barbaric when they add garlic?!);):))))))))

Run well and best of Health!

Cheers, 

Dave.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited October 2015
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
    edited October 2015
    Keep it going Dohhh! Long time reader and have posted before...(may have been a long timeago!) Really like and appreciate the honesty of your blog and general musings that we all have; but you say!............ ........ " My biggest fear in life, without a shadow of a doubt, even more so than tuna, is the dentist."   Now those tuna just loveeeee jumping in those small tins from John West ! and thats where the unique taste comes from! Love a Tuna sandwich/baguette with mayo!(I don't want to know the cruel practice they use to make/force that mayo into the jar!!! And is it more barbaric when they add garlic?!);):)))))))) Run well and best of Health! Cheers,  Dave.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    :)

Cheers Dave. 

Cannot stand Tuna. The look, the smell, gawd knows how bad it tastes too. ugh It makes me shudder. 

I think it stems from a bad experience in school. 

Things like food fights are pretty standard, and I got pegged once with a tune sarnie which grazed my blazer on my upper shoulder.

No matter how much I washed it and sprayed it with smellies the smell wouldn't go away that day, and it was right under my nose. 

Wasn't allowed to take it off either!!!!

Cringe. 

-----

Been crushed by some Eastern European Tunas on the poker tables today too. 

It's been a cr @p day all round, probably 1 of the worst days since I stopped the booze. 

Slept 9 hours overnight then 4 this afternoon :(

Just so ridiculously tired, can't be bothered to do anything, and now can't even eat due to a reallyyyyyyyyyyy sore gum. Honestly is no reason to even wake up atm. zzzzzz

Running bad and getting coolered over and over again v Ukranian nut peddalars as my only form of respite from the constant lethargy and nagging gob ache isn't much fun either. 

Signing off probably the least upbeat diary entry so far! 

Including the 1 where I reported a - £1.2k session!

I hope tomorrow is better :)

edited October 2015
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
    Posted by MattBates
    Rousing words Master, but they aren't going to work today. 

I think Brent said it best.

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"

- Are you reading these???

----

Also note the accidental use of "least upbeat" rather than "most downbeat"

Sub conscious PMA for you right there.
  • DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited October 2015
    DOHH, wondering if you can help me out.

Do you know who is the best cash player to watch on twitch?  Can't seem to get this info anywhere.

Cheers,  DTM
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited October 2015

Just wondering why you continue to "punish" yourself playing nitty eastern european regs for micro cash.

Every time you play on those sites you never have a good word to say about it, even when you eek out a small gain, which now you have proved you can do it over a long sample - why carry on?

When you recently played some 20nl on sky you enjoyed it and won.

Its x2/3/4 points on Sky 9-12 every night this week. No eastern european regs trying to grind a few roubles and no HUDs.

Just saying like.
    edited October 2015
    Just wondering why you continue to "punish" yourself playing nitty eastern european regs for micro cash. Every time you play on those sites you never have a good word to say about it, even when you eek out a small gain, which now you have proved you can do it over a long sample - why carry on? When you recently played some 20nl on sky you enjoyed it and won. Its x2/3/4 points on Sky 9-12 every night this week. No eastern european regs trying to grind a few roubles and no HUDs. Just saying like.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Hey Phantom, it's just poker, it's the same everywhere. 

When people get frustrated and start calling other players nits, it's just a confession that they're struggling against them, its a way of releasing their own frustration and insecurities in their game imo.

I try not to do it, when I do, it's a sign I'm having a bad time for sure. 

I'm happy playing against them, it's just the run bad getting on top of me. 

Maybe happy is the wrong word, I'm ok with it. Or I should be because there's no getting away from it. 

They are easy to play against, when I play well. Or when the site doesn't set me up :)

I'm reluctant to use the word 'finally', as people will no doubt have had much longer downswings, but for me this is a pretty prolongued period of run bad and after 40k hands it's 'finally' starting to negatively effect my already Pi ss Poor mental state in sessions. 

The hand that caused the mini melt down...

I raise 2.2xbb on the button with QQ, first into the pot. 

Small blind calls. 

Big blind 3bets to 11.5xbb. 

I am readless on both, so decide to play my hand pretty straight forward. QQ on the button where I'm perceived to have a wide range seems a good enough hand to go all in with. 

So I 4bet to 27xbb.  

Small Blind folds. 

Big blind tanks a little and then 5bets to 60xbb out of a starting stack of 100xbb. 

Now, this looks uber strong. 

My options are....

a) 4bet/fold QQ btn v bb 100xbb deep readless ? 

Sounds horrific, right?

b) Move all in, and hope it's just a random clicking buttons, over-valuing AQ/TT, or just trying to make AK look as strong as possible?

I really don't know :(

Wheneevr I ask people about hands they say I'm too tight or too cautious, and I always give players too much credit for having a tight range. 

"they can have this, this, this, this, that, as well as AA"

Yeh but it's amazing how 95% of the time they ONLY have AA! :)

Anyway he had AA. 

Fair play to him like, I guess 10nl in his country is pretty high stakes. 

Why wouldn't he sit there all night and wait for AA and let some UK donk pay him off with Queens?

I would if I was him too. 

-----

fwiw skys tables during cash boosts wont be any different. 

Maybe it's the runbad talking but cash game poker is dying vvvv fast. Only way to survive is if you get pretty good at it, in my opinion. Outside of sky, very very good at it. 

That aint an easy thing to do!