You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2015

Brief update. 

Had a small 'shoot' at 25nl on Party. 

Did the usual thing of imploding early in a shot, then ran good in a flip and some other pots to limit the damage to -$7.

Mtts on Sky on tuesday, FT £2r (6th), FT £5.50, £200 gtd, (5th), in the money mini, 2nd for £ in an allin sat and on party 15th in $10 freezeout in unfortunate exit circumstances when there was $450 for the victor. 

Totally crashed half way through the session, couldn't keep my eyes open and really couldn't be bothered to grind them out. 

Did so, but wont be doing it again. Doesn't make any sense to start games when I'm 50/50 to be able to finish them.

No volume yesterday, wont be any today, or until I feel better. Tiredness levels have hit rock bottom again, sleeping 12/13 hours a day and it would be more if I wasn't forcing myself to stay awake! :(

Contacted Doc again, she's on leave until next Tuesday so I shall hear back from her then!

Still 'CrUsHiNg' the veggie life.  

It's easy.

Not much fun, but pretty easy. I'd be able to do it for a really long time for a decent sized bet, but I don't see alot of point otherwise. 

Back to grind sometime in the forseeable future. 

Until then, Champ Manager 01/02 & chill. 

Roll = £1160.10
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited October 2015
    I assume you are the mighty Doncaster on Champ Man?
  • jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited October 2015
    Make sure you sign Cherno Samba.
    edited October 2015

Jordz knows :)

Step 1, load game.

Step 2, sign Taribo West on a free, bid for Samba, Skalidis, Papadopolous. 

Step 3, put Agahowa, Van der Vaart, Joe Cole and Riquelme on the short list with Bates.

:)

In to early 2008 and here is the squad. 

Ignore everyone pretending to be unhappy all the time thats a trait they've picked up from their manager.
  • jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited October 2015
    awesome. Is buxton captaining England yet?
    edited October 2015
    Are the unhappy players complaining of being tired all the time?
  • bencbenc Member Posts: 1,059
    edited October 2015
    You forgot bakircioglu! also man marking the keeper with one up top worked a treat, dread to think how many hours of my life i spent on that game when i was a kid probably set me up with the skills i needed to grind out huge sessions on poker.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,537
    edited October 2015
    Usual double-barrelled footballer, I see-"Woodgate-Injured"....
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited October 2015
    inspired by yourself i started a save was the cm a year after this, same team. Im about 4 games from sack if my judgement is right, second season syndrome :( 
    edited October 2015
    Updeights. 

Health. 

Mini upswing the last few days after the worst downswing ever midweek. i called the doctor, but she's on annual leave, so I shall hear back from her on Tuesday. 

Beer

Still 'off it'. Will be 6 calander months on Thursday :)

Vegetables.

Still 'on it'. Will be 3 calander weeks on Monday :(

Did kill me a little yesterday having to order a foot long vegetable deluxe in Subway.

Such painnnnn

Champ Man

Having abit of a disaster in the year 2009. 

I have so many heroes of the game in my squad, but not much depth, and no money. 

I can't seem to get any sort of league consistency going? scored >100 goals in a season twice and still haven't finished above 3rd.

Feels like I haven't found my old formation that I used to use alot yet. 

This didn't help, last thing you need when you have 3 centre halfs

Don't think I've ever seen that before in a gazillion hours grinding the game. 

Current squad.

So yah, it's going terrible. So bad in fact, this morning I even decided to play....

Poker

Game played = Partypoker 10nl.

Hands played = 250

Minutes played = 25

$ won = +10

Disconnections during that period = 4

gg

Other stuff/life.

Went to watch 'The Martian' yesterday. 

Not a big film watcher but a mate of mine is the definition of a life nit and turned my modest pile of tesco clubcard points into a decent pile of cineworld tickets!

It was very very very veryyyyyyyy good <3

Very close to going to Glandford Park and then Hillsborough today to watch 1 of 2 big local derbys.

Unforutantely train tickets, football tickets, and cheese salad sandwiches are probably the 3 most over-priced things in the world.

So decided on an afternoon in giving my money to various bookmakers instead.

Stoke @ 12/5, all in. 

GL all grinding this weekend. 
    edited November 2015

Quickly dipping in and out to post yesterdays results whilst the UKOPs hype is happening. 

Played a 2 hour session last night to go with yesterday mornings lolsesh. 

The graph for 10nl on party lifetime (the last couple of months) is now starting to look pretty solid, as the early runbad has evened out

--------------------------

The now weekly wander out to watch some local Sunday league provided much entertainment again today. 

On the half time break, I remember it was always pretty standard for half the team to light a smoke. 

The manager of 1 team today took objection to this routine. 

"No smoking at half time lads, come on ffs, we're in a game situation, cigarettes out" (whilst smoking 1 himself)

"What? he's smoking!....." a player replied, pointing at 1 of his team-mates.

"Yes, but he's taken his shrit off. If you want to smoke, take your shirts off. That's fine"

Very bizarre? lol. 

(i'll point out this was obviously an adults team, nowt dodgy going on or owt)

Not going to win any photography awards, but <3 the images that I took below. 

Great Sunday Morning footy scenes.  

Feta, watercress and pine nut tart on the dinner menu afterwards, not such a good scene. 

-----

Got a quiet couple of days coming up. 

Just cricket tomorrow and then have to wait in Tuesday to hear from the doctor. 

The ideal scenario is I wake up tomorrow feeling awesomeeee and can spend 48 hours winning lots of money at cards. 

The more realistic scenario is I wake up tomorrow feeling shoddy and spend 48 hours getting Millwall releagated to 'old' division 2 on champ manager. 

Who knows, could go either way. Edge of your seat stuff. 

Good luck all on the UKOPs grind this week. 

edited November 2015

2 x 1 hour sessions @ 10nl.

Bring the rungooooood. 

Really struggling to concentrate properly for longer than 30 mins at a time, very zzzzzzz. 

But every little helps. 

Looking forward to speaking to the General Practitioner tomorrow. Using the 1 time on something good happening again again again.

For tonight, "26 kids and claiming" on the Tv.

Komodo Dragon Jesus on the laptop.  

<3

edited November 2015

Well today didn't go to plan.

Turned down a trip to Hillsborough as I'd have to set off mid afternoon and I had to wait in for the doctor ringing. 

Alas the call never came :(

Played abit of poker again, 2.5 hours. 

Very ugly session. 

Running well at all ins yet still losing 3 buyins, not what you want to see. 

----

Positives of the day are sparce. 

2.5 hours volume on a day which has been close to the bottom of the tired-o-meter. 

Got Millwall promoted as champions on Champ Manager first time of asking. 

Sheff Wed drew 0-0 anyway. 

----

Hate losing, has lit abit of a poker fire in the belly to get it back tomorrow.

A fire which will probably be diffused when I wake feeling like sh! t. 

----

4th OP post in a row, not good signs. 

Maybe a HH....

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Ac Jd ]
    DeMola14 folds
    watersky13 folds
    IheartBeer77 raises [$0.20 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.15 USD]
    veronikas11 calls [$0.10 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 9d, 7h, As ]
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    veronikas11 checks
    IheartBeer77 bets [$0.45 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.45 USD]
    veronikas11 folds
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Qd ]
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    IheartBeer77 bets [$1.25 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$1.25 USD]
    ** Dealing River ** [ Ah ]
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    IheartBeer77 bets [$4.55 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 ?????

Guy is 21/19 reg.

36% steal.

46% cb

I'm pretty high up in my range.....

But it looks like I've got an Ace and it looks like he's really happy about that fact.

Think it's a pretty comfortable fold.

Thoughts?

----

Back tomorrow.
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited November 2015

Meh that's pretty grim having to fold there, but yeah without notes on how oppo plays a fold is probably a great decision.

I don't know if other sites play differently, but there aren't a huge number of players that can/do triple barrel bluff at those levels so yeah, be surprised if he didn't flick over a FH of some variety, perhaps AQ.  Think he'd probably size river smaller if he's betting a worse ace than you.

Although saying that, 4-tabling with Sky's timebanks I probably pay him off and FML.

Did I see that you had a copy of one of the old Champ Man games (before they went cack) running?  Are you able to point in the direction of where you got that from... would be a fun thing to revisit, so long as it isn't as addictive as it was when I was a teenager and wasted far too much 'go out and drink' time to dragging the likes of Barnet to CL glory.

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited November 2015
    Seriously well done on the six month thing!

Can't say I'm as impressed about the vegetable nonsense though... You need bacon, even if it is worse than eating cigarettes.

And steak 'n' ale pie.
    And sausages.
    And burgers.

edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Seriously well done on the six month thing! Can't say I'm as impressed about the vegetable nonsense though... You need bacon, even if it is worse than eating cigarettes. And steak 'n' ale pie. And sausages. And burgers.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Finally some sense in this thread!
    edited November 2015
    Meh that's pretty grim having to fold there, but yeah without notes on how oppo plays a fold is probably a great decision. I don't know if other sites play differently, but there aren't a huge number of players that can/do triple barrel bluff at those levels so yeah, be surprised if he didn't flick over a FH of some variety, perhaps AQ.  Think he'd probably size river smaller if he's betting a worse ace than you. Although saying that, 4-tabling with Sky's timebanks I probably pay him off and FML. Did I see that you had a copy of one of the old Champ Man games (before they went cack) running?  Are you able to point in the direction of where you got that from... would be a fun thing to revisit, so long as it isn't as addictive as it was when I was a teenager and wasted far too much 'go out and drink' time to dragging the likes of Barnet to CL glory.
    Posted by shakinaces
    Hi mate, yeh I picked it up off ebay for a few quid. 

It is a copied disk with 3/4 update patches (and instructions) built in. 

All works fine for me, I've just used the first update 'patch' on insitllation so the game is exacty the same as it was 'back in the day'.

----

re the hand, yah, it comes down to how much he values his worse Aces I think.

Some 'fish' will see 3 aces with A2 and think he's got the nuts. 

Reg will be more aware of his relative hand strength though. 

And like you, I think he bets his weaker Aces smaller as he's looking for value from a narrower (weaker) range than for example if he has AQ, or 77 when he beats all the aces. 

The players are alot different on this site, (much better, at equivalent stakes). So we need to make some tough calls sometimes and alot of easy folds on here are routine snap calls on there. 

But with this sizing I think it's still 1 we can fold.

I didn't, fwiw. 

He had 777.

----

Today been pretty cra ppy. 

Rung the doctors again and was told to expect a call back.

And for the 2nd day in a row, it didn't happen. 

Solid 3 hour mid afternoon nap to make the most of the day instead. 

Means i'll have to wait in tomorrow again too just incase the call comes. sighz. 

----

Pre-mature wd there Bonk, it isn't until tomorrow. 

I've been tempted today as I've been rock bottom tiredness wise, it's mad that I can make it go away, if only temporarily, by getting sozzled. 

In an ironic twist though, I'm just too tired and cba to drink. haha. 

5.5 more hourssss!

Holddddddddddddddddddddddd    :)

edited November 2015

If yesterdays graph was as a Moeen Ali slog sweep against the spin, todays is a Micheal Vaughan extra cover drive. 

Put them together and it looks like this.

+$2.

Which, by Donalds logic, means my downswing is in full force. 

Back tomorrow to try and do something about that. 

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" :  ---- Pre-mature wd there Bonk, it isn't until tomorrow.  I've been tempted today as I've been rock bottom tiredness wise, it's mad that I can make it go away, if only temporarily, by getting sozzled.  In an ironic twist though, I'm just too tired and cba to drink. haha.  5.5 more hourssss! Holddddddddddddddddddddddd    :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Old habits...

Well done again

edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Old habits... Well done again
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Thanks mate, I survived the last night and have now completed 6 months dry :) (1 rogue pint has been joind by 2 rogue bottles of bud but whateverrrr)

----

Finally heard from the doctor today.

She pretty much admitted she's out of ideas, which isn't what I wanted to hear. 

She wants me to go in for another physical examination with 1 of her collegues to see if he can come up with anything.

Her final suggestion was to consider that it might be depression again. 

I don't see it, but friends and family have all said it probably is. 

And if she has no ideas left, I probably have to accept that it might be as well.

Still, going in on Wednesday to see this new guy, and hopefully he can find summat. 

------

Played poker this morning, another solid session..

Only about an hours worth.

I planned to play again this evening, but I felt really really weak as well as tired around 7pm.

So ordered a big messy veggie chinese, which has knocked me into a food coma. 

So gg grind. 

------

Having pretty much wasted the week waiting in for the doctors call, I'm looking forward to finally getting out to the New York stadium on Saturday for Rotherscum v Ipswich. 

Now 'The Nightmare in the Middle East' is over, I may get up tomorrow and go for a big volume goal too.  

2.5k hands incoming. 

GL all on the 'grizzy' this weekend.