You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2015

Couldn't agree more with Footitt Splashman. 

Looks a pretty good, varied attack to me with the Jimmy Swing, Broad enforcing, Footitt keggy handed, Moeen bowling slow straight balls and Stokes generally donking about throwing down all sorts of rubbish and somehow getting wickets. 

Unbelievable innings today by Joss. 

Can't wait to see how our top ODI boys get on in the BBL/IPL this year <3

-----

Stepped up the 10nl return again today. 

2hrs 14 mins accross 3 'sessions'

Could and maybe should have put another hour in, but I value the winning feeling more than the extra $6 or something I'd expect to win 6 tabling for another hour :)

That, and "The Blacklist" is too addictive. 

£23 tho !!!!

-----

Proper football back tomorrow, big boxing match, big golf tournament, darts, poker, loads of sleep, and if theres any time left I may even go outside. 

GL all on the grind this weekend. 

• spinky6108spinky6108 Member Posts: 253
    edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Couldn't agree more with Footitt Splashman.  Looks a pretty good, varied attack to me with the Jimmy Swing, Broad enforcing, Footitt keggy handed, Moeen bowling slow straight balls and Stokes generally donking about throwing down all sorts of rubbish and somehow getting wickets.  Unbelievable innings today by Joss.  Can't wait to see how our top ODI boys get on in the BBL/IPL this year <3 ----- Stepped up the 10nl return again today.  http://imgur.com/yVXsKD9 2hrs 14 mins accross 3 'sessions' Could and maybe should have put another hour in, but I value the winning feeling more than the extra $6 or something I'd expect to win 6 tabling for another hour :) That, and "The Blacklist" is too addictive.  £23 tho !!!! ----- Proper football back tomorrow, big boxing match, big golf tournament, darts, poker, loads of sleep, and if theres any time left I may even go outside.  GL all on the grind this weekend. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Book the win Dev! Sorry i mean DOH

edited November 2015

Wish I'd followed that method today Spinkathon :'(

gg'ing after 400 hands was the play. 

No 'bad luck' as such visable on the graph. 

But I was unfortunate after some chap 4b/folded to my shove then 2 minutes got AA v my KK, then another 1 minute after that, AA v my AK. 

Filthy luck for him, dont think there's any way out of either hand. :/ 

The last 2 days look like this...

:(:(:(:(

Need some bouncebackability after footy tomorrow. 

Gonna get the lucky f****ers, Game Face On  :) 
  • yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    edited November 2015
    In Response to  Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I know, I knowwwww GB :( It looks terrible now, but at least I had some reasoning behind the fold... 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If you are using a hud then what is the aggressors cbet percentage?
  • GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    edited November 2015
    The grand old Duke of York would've been proud of you. 

In its original form particularly

"The King of France with forty thousand men,
      Came up a hill and so came downe againe."
    edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : If you are using a hud then what is the aggressors cbet percentage?
    Posted by yuranASSet

I think it was around 68%, he was fairly aggressive :(

Makes the fold even nnnnworse. doh.
    edited November 2015
    Wish I'd followed that method today Spinkathon :'(http://imgur.com/0bIpmkz gg'ing after 400 hands was the play.  No 'bad luck' as such visable on the graph.  But I was unfortunate after some chap 4b/folded to my shove then 2 minutes got AA v my KK, then another 1 minute after that, AA v my AK.  Filthy luck for him, dont think there's any way out of either hand. :/  The last 2 days look like this... http://imgur.com/CIiaHJT :(:(:(:( Need some bouncebackability after footy tomorrow.  Gonna get the lucky f****ers, Game Face On  :) 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well, that really showed them !!!

Maybe tomorrow. 

• yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I think it was around 68%, he was fairly aggressive :( Makes the fold even nnnnworse. doh.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Can't agree. I reckon if he cbets 75% or more then it's a bad fold. If it's around 68% v 2 opponents he's probably good but certainly could be continuing medium pairs. 
    edited November 2015

New week 

Could not have started much worse, 

I woke up this morning feeling auwful. It felt like my head was going to explode, I couldn't breathe, my throat was on fire and I reckon I unofficially broke the World Record for most sneezes before breakfast. 

Safe to say I was not feeling very motivated today. 

The tiredness thing is again hitting new lows, and with the man flu chucked in and nothing at all to do or look forward to I gave in to temptation.

Yep, as I was stood waiting for the kettle to boil I just thought f*k it. 

What's the point. 

And had sugar in my tea for the first time in 6 months. 

Moment of weakness :(

----

**Insert standard 'slept all afternoon' info here**

----

Woke around 7, feeling a little better. 

Watched Palace v Sunderland. 

Definitely more of a cure for insomnia than narcolepsy. 

----

The big loss last sesion has been on my mind alot. 

I hate losing and normally over the years have bounced back well from adversity. 

Sunday was a 'no play'. And today really should have been too, but I wanted to try and get the last session off my mind, so I made the poor decision to play a short session just now. 

Well below 100%, but I got away with it and booked a small win. 

Have no plans for the week, not alot to look forward to. 

Pretty grim situation at the moment with the pills, high general health and indeed tiredness variance makes it difficult to commit to anything. 

1 day at a time type of thing. 

Hopefully it's worth it.......

GL all on the grind this week. 

edited November 2015

Tiredness = 2/10

General Health = 3/10

Poker Volume = 4/10

Poker Performance = 5/10

Poker Result = 6/10 

"Ship the rungood Dotty I'll take it lets go"   (http://www.twitch.tv/pokerstaples)

----

Hand. 

UTG guy is very abc reg. Bordering on super nit. Would normally flat pre v his UTG but the other 2 in the hand are fish, so decided to 3b/fold v him and get value from the fish.

When utg flats my 3b, he never has me beat, and never has Tx unless it's TT.

Me = 100xbb
    Mnogoryk = 100xbb
    Arminius = 100xbb
    handyleo = 78xbb

Arminius666 posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    PeteGibbons99 posts big blind [$0.10 USD].

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [ Qh Qs ]
    Mnogoryk raises [$0.30 USD]
    Chipanddeck folds
    handyleo calls [$0.30 USD]
    Fschuetz folds
    Arminius666 calls [$0.25 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$1.22 USD]
    Mnogoryk calls [$1.02 USD]
    handyleo calls [$1.02 USD]
    Arminius666 calls [$1.02 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 5c, Th ]
    Arminius666 bets [$3.76 USD]
    PeteGibbons99

Arminius is 76/8 over 26 hands. 

I have no idea what he donks but he's limp/called with A8s, A5s A7o A3o KJo T5o 86o.

Handyleo is 42/26, only small 23 hand sample. (l/c A9 and QTo)

What we doing????

edited November 2015

^^ I folded

----

The swongz continue. 

I was watching Jcarver streaming last night, he was talking about mental game and how he totally detatches himself from any emotion before, during and after poker sessions. 

It really strook a chord with me, it's something I do alot in real life. And it makes absolute sense to apply it to poker and gambling. 

So I set out to do that today. 

The above session after bricking £108 on the skybet price boost. 

When a team is 2-0 up after 80 mins and gets pegged back to 2-2, you think ok. 

That's ul, but it happens.

When the same team scores again in the 96th minute, you really don't expect them to mess it up from there. 

That, is not ok. 

That never happens. 

-----

Testing initiation to being an emotionless punter. 

Hopefully tomorrows challenges are a little easier. 
    edited November 2015

Plodding.

PeteGibbons99 posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    GerdHerd posts big blind [$0.10 USD].

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  7d 9d ]
    Masteer12345 folds
    niezamaco folds
    AAres777 raises [$0.25 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$0.95 USD]
    GerdHerd calls [$0.90 USD]
    AAres777 raises [$2 USD]
    Proesk has joined the table.
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$1.25 USD]
    GerdHerd calls [$1.25 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 7h, 5d, 7s ]

PeteGibbons99 checks
    GerdHerd bets [$2 USD]
    AAres777 calls [$2 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$2 USD]

** Dealing Turn ** [ 8s ]

PeteGibbons99 checks
    GerdHerd is all-In  [$7.03 USD]
    AAres777 folds
    PeteGibbons99 is all-In  [$5.75 USD]

** Dealing River ** [ Th ]

PeteGibbons99 shows [ 7d, 9d ]three of a kind, Sevens.
    GerdHerd shows [ 5c, 7c ]a full house, Sevens full of Fives.

FH > trips in 4b pot.  

Probbbbbbably would have some sort of negative emotion if I wasn't completely detatched from them. 

Hmphhh.

---

Health evened out to being exactly how it was 3 weeks ago. Yawnz. 

Try again next week.

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited December 2015

Been a week since you updated here Mr Dohhhhhhh - hope all is OK.
    edited December 2015

Hi TK, all is OK. 

Updating all the time with "won/lost $10 and still tired" wasn't making for the most enthralling of reads so I decided to ease off with the updates until something interesting happened. 

If anyone is itching to know how the 10nl grind has been going since the last update, click here....  http://imgur.com/zSyxYsO

And the whole 10nl Steffi.....  http://imgur.com/xjDf5he

-----

The health is a weird one, lots variance with the medication...

Last Sunday night/Monday morning I slept 12 hours straight overnight and woke up feeling like I hadn't slept for a week.  

It was the lowest I've felt during the 7+ months of not drinking and trying to improve my life, I was thinking pretty bad things, like "what's the point" etc. 

Thoughts that I've had in the past but never on that level, and that I reallyyyyy need to stay on top of. 

Spoke to a few friends about it, and rung the doc to arrange another appointment, and miraculously, somehow, felt alot better that afternoon and it's continued since then! 

Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri/Today have been ALOT better than Monday, and even a little bit better than usual. 

It doesn't take much to get my hopes up, so I'm really optimistic again :D 

HOLD 

-----

Readers may remember I started playing with a challenge roll of £40 around 6 months ago. I used to update it reguarly.  

Bwin (all the volume for the last 6 weeks or so) action is 'off roll' so I haven't been updating it. 

I just played an hour of skypoker so I had a little something to add to the update, and lost a tenner!

So the roll stands at......

£1147,13

May start trying to grind that up a little again at nl4 or something when bwin tables "are aids". 

------

Any other business

3 new obsessions. 

The Blacklist is really, really good. I challenge anyone to watch only 1 episode at a time. 

I'm also addicted to Swiss Muesli. Morning. Noon & Night. 

And the 'subway surfers' game on my phone. 

^^Living the life^^

!!!

-----

Docs on wednesda for the 1 month assessment of being on the 'miserable gi t pills'. 

Will update if anything really good or really bad happens :)

Good luck all on the tablez during the Xmas grind. 

• percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited December 2015
    nice update, and results are looking sweet for 10nl. You should play some $20nl on there, or whatever the next stake is, and see how you do. I'd be surprised if you weren't a winner. 

wp tiredness variance too. I don't think you should look too much into the feeling awful after the 12 hour sleep thing. I oversleep very occasionally (10-12 hours), but when I do I feel awful for the rest of the day. I think that's pretty standard. It's good to hear things are looking better anyway. HOLD

Out of 10, how much of an idiot is someone who put £100 on Chelsea to win the league BEFORE the Bournemouth game? Not that I'd ever do that............. I'm just.......... intereste...d .. :s

glglgl

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited December 2015

Good to hear JJ, well done.

I always skip past the "here's a hand I played" bit, I'm far more interested in the whole psychology of poker & people, & having known you now virtually for a very long time, of course your health bothers me, as it would any decent human being.

Feeing bad after a long sleep is normal I think. My sleep pattern is around 5 hours at night - midnight until 5am, then an hour mid afternoon. I get up at 5am every day simply because I can't sleep any longer & I'm excited as to what the day ahead holds & want to get started. I've got the dreaded man flu at the mo, went to bed at 10pm last night, & woke up at 9am today - a new PB for me. And I feel absolute poo. I'll feel better later though. 

I encourage you to sleep as long as you can - honestly, sleep is far & away the most potent weapon in Nature's medicine cabinet.

Keep up with the museli too - has to be good for you.

Best wishes that your health uptick continues.  

• weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,686
    edited December 2015
    I have been reading your blog with interest I hope your health levels out I know the sleeping problems and the bad thoughts well. I also think the blacklist is great gl in everything
    edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Good to hear JJ, well done. I always skip past the "here's a hand I played" bit, I'm far more interested in the whole psychology of poker & people, & having known you now virtually for a very long time, of course your health bothers me, as it would any decent human being. Feeing bad after a long sleep is normal I think. My sleep pattern is around 5 hours at night - midnight until 5am, then an hour mid afternoon. I get up at 5am every day simply because I can't sleep any longer & I'm excited as to what the day ahead holds & want to get started. I've got the dreaded man flu at the mo, went to bed at 10pm last night, & woke up at 9am today - a new PB for me. And I feel absolute poo. I'll feel better later though.  I encourage you to sleep as long as you can - honestly, sleep is far & away the most potent weapon in Nature's medicine cabinet. Keep up with the museli too - has to be good for you.   Best wishes that your health uptick continues.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    What a great way to live :) Sounds awesome. 

If you can try to imagine the opposite, and constantly forcing yourself to try and go back to sleep because you cannot face getting up and facing the day, I'd say that was somehwere near where I was on Monday morning. 

Still, hopefully that is behind me now. Although there will obviously be bad days, as there are for everyone. Tomorrow may be different so just got to try and keep battling on :)

I hope you get over the flu asap. Sup loads of water ! <3

-----

Thanks for the nice comments weecheez1 & welcome to the thread. 

It's always nice when silent readers say Hello. I hope you stick around and keep enjoying the bloggage, I'm hoping it will get alot more exciting on and off table in 2016 :)

----

@ Perc, as always you can't expect me to judge  ' the play' without giving me the 'price' they were given. 

If it was 500/1 I think your friend made a profitable investment. 

If it was a 2 figure price, I'd imagine he's now the bookies friend as well as yours. 

I would ask you how your friend is getting on at 500nl zoom on the big site, but if he has 100s to set alight as above, I think I already know the answer. 

Give him my congrats and tell him I hope he continues to crush. 

-----

Played an hour this morning to try and get my tenner back. 

Did so. 

And another 3 beans on top. 

Roll = £1160.43

----

Newc v Liverpool, snooker final, optional  lazy Sunday afternoon nap, and then some pokerz tonight. 

Do I trust the body to hold through an mtt session? 

ayahhhhh. 

GL all on't Sunday 'Griz'. 

• walesboywalesboy Member Posts: 993
    edited December 2015
    Hi Dohhhhhhh
    I agree with the others about feeling bad after a long sleep. I'm the same. Normally it takes a couple of them before I'm feeling better. Took a lot longer once the kids were sleeping through themselves!!

Hope you continue to get the better of things

I agree with you about the Blacklist. James Spader is brilliant. Enjoying it the most since Sons of Anarchy and The West Wing!

Al the best
    David
  • percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited December 2015
    In Response to  Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : What a great way to live :) Sounds awesome.  If you can try to imagine the opposite, and constantly forcing yourself to try and go back to sleep because you cannot face getting up and facing the day, I'd say that was somehwere near where I was on Monday morning.  Still, hopefully that is behind me now. Although there will obviously be bad days, as there are for everyone. Tomorrow may be different so just got to try and keep battling on :) I hope you get over the flu asap. Sup loads of water ! <3.  ----- Thanks for the nice comments weecheez1 & welcome to the thread.  It's always nice when silent readers say Hello. I hope you stick around and keep enjoying the bloggage, I'm hoping it will get alot more exciting on and off table in 2016 :) ---- @ Perc, as always you can't expect me to judge  ' the play' without giving me the 'price' they were given.  If it was 500/1 I think your friend made a profitable investment.  If it was a 2 figure price, I'd imagine he's now the bookies friend as well as yours.  I would ask you how your friend is getting on at 500nl zoom on the big site, but if he has 100s to set alight as above, I think I already know the answer.  Give him my congrats and tell him I hope he continues to crush.  ----- Played an hour this morning to try and get my tenner back.  Did so.  And another 3 beans on top.  Roll = £1160.43 ---- Newc v Liverpool, snooker final, optional   lazy Sunday afternoon nap,   and then some pokerz tonight.  Do I trust the body to hold through an mtt session?  ayahhhhh.  GL all on't Sunday 'Griz'. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

It was 40/1. He thought if Chelsea beat Bournemouth, then they'd only be 14 points behind Arsenal, and since a decent % of people seem to think they'll reach the Champions League, and there's only a few points difference between 4th and 1st, then let's go for it. Chelsea lost to Bournemouth. GG

crushing 500z? he wishes!! 

still in for the watching a session sometime, or are you still waiting until you play higher stakes? those higher stakes that everyone keeps telling you to play :)

what are your thoughts on Unibet? Have you played on there? I played a little earlier to see what it's like, and I have to say it certainly discourages grinders effectively, but I didn't consider it to be that much of a fun experience. You can't even chat, but cool site