You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    edited November 2015
    You don't accept anything which is a copout. 
    First alcohol
    Second depression
    Both times on a "we don't know so let's suggest this"

Insist they do whatever tests it takes to find the problem. And get them to list everything they have tested and found negative so you know for sure what it isn't. 

glgl

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2015

I can't tell the doctors what to do Geldmeister!!!

I did wonder about maybe a private consultation or something, do you know much about that type of thing?

Cost/effectiveness/links to stuff that may be of interest etc? 

----

Poor day on and off table again. 

Wont drone on about it, here is a graphical representation of the poker part. 

----

Got into abit of bother these last couple of days facing donk bets/barrells in pots which have been inflated pre flop. 

Villain is new to me, but is 68/28 over 26 hands and I'm almost certain he is a fishhhyyyyyyy.

He's 3b 4 times out of 10 oppertunities. 

140xbb effective to start the hand. 

copabesta1 posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    peykomanyo posts big blind [$0.10 USD].

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Qd Qc ]
    albertos1971 calls [$0.10 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$0.40 USD]
    justplayff folds
    copabesta1 raises [$0.65 USD]
    peykomanyo folds
    albertos1971 calls [$0.60 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$2.20 USD]   (This is $2.60 total)
    copabesta1 calls [$1.90 USD]
    albertos1971 calls [$1.90 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ Jc, 9h, Jd ]

copabesta1 bets [$6.90 USD]
    albertos1971 folds
    PeteGibbons99 ????

What we doing? $6.90 is the bet into $7.90. 

We have $11.42 behind. 

?????

--------

Anyone have any location tilt inducers?

By that I mean, when you check someones location, and it instantly induces negative emotion. 

I don't care what negative impacts it would have on the poker economy bla bla bla, if I could ban online poker in the Ukraine right now I would SchhhhhhNAP do it !

Shevchenkgo away :)

Rotherham away tomorrow, pub beforehand.

"Pop and crisps" hype. 

edited November 2015

<3 the New York Stadium :)

Rotherham gets some bad raps, and the first sensation off the train is the stench of cr@p, but it was uphill from there. (quite literally).

I've been glued to the Bob Ross twitch stream all week, it's weirdly mezmorizing. The backtrop to the stadium looks like 1 of his paintings. 

Very bizarre football match, Ipswich could've been 7-0 up at half time. 

The first time I've ever been in a stadium and heard fans boo their own player. 

Very weird/hostile atmosphere. 

I'd like to wish Rotherham fans very good luck for the rest of the season, you lot are useless :D 

----

Hour of poker tonight.

I'm very happy with how I'm playing, 

I like to think I'm pretty honest about my ability. 

And at the moment it feels like I am probably the best player at this level (10nl) on this site (bwin).

I may be way off, but it's a nice feeling none the less.

----

Veggie challenge concludes in 2 hours. 

I thought it'd be more interesting than it has been. Probably the most dull challenge of my life. 

But it's done. 

As is the 6 months beer milestone, and the goal to get round all the footie grounds in Yorkshire. 

All completed this weekend, what now!!!

Sleep obvs :)

----

Spoke to a friend of the thread, off thread, about 'private' healthcare. 

Him - "well it depends, it will be around £200 for a consultation and then theres..."

Me "stop right there. gg."

I'll stick with Mr Banduru tyvm :)

----

Goal this week is to move more. 

----

gl all finishing up the Sunday Grindddd. 

edited November 2015

#grinding

Going nowhere fast, well nowhere at all really. 

It's ok though, quite enjoying the odd hour session here and there. 

So much so, I did it 3 times today!

I'll get the doctors out the way on Wednesday, see "wuts up" then make some proper poker plans again.

If I'm gonna be on ant eye depressants I gather there are some unpleasant side effects so may have to take a break. 

----

Reached 30,000 10nl hands on bwin today, maintaining the 9.76xbb/100 winrate.

I am very pleased with it :)

It feels really really good to win at something even as 'easy' as 10nl. I've never proved I can do it before :)  

Maybe I still haven't. 

As P would say I need at least 300 million hands before I get an idea about anything. 

----

Until next timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee America. 

• Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    http://imgur.com/EQAwLls #grinding Going nowhere fast, well nowhere at all really.  It's ok though, quite enjoying the odd hour session here and there.  So much so, I did it 3 times today! I'll get the doctors out the way on Wednesday, see "wuts up" then make some proper poker plans again. If I'm gonna be on ant eye depressants I gather there are some unpleasant side effects so may have to take a break.  ---- Reached 30,000 10nl hands on bwin today, maintaining the 9.76xbb/100 winrate. I am very pleased with it :) It feels really really good to win at something even as 'easy' as 10nl. I've never proved I can do it before :)   Maybe I still haven't.  As P would say I need at least 300 million hands before I get an idea about anything.  http://imgur.com/0yz88CY ---- Until next timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee America. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

If there are bad side effects see your doc straight away and try an alternative - there are many different kinds and some types just dont agree with some people.

Also be sure you have a diagnosis that they are needed in the first place - ahouldnt just be a case of a try these in case it is depression cos we cant find anything else causing it.

• percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November 2015
    30,000 hands for 6bb winner at the top and 30,000,000 hands for 6bb winner at the bottom :) I think 30,000,000 would be enough. 

http://imgur.com/a/0VNjQ

You're doing well, and to be honest how you feel in the games is more important than the 9bb winrate over 30,000 hands. As you can see from the grarf, even a pretty significant winner can be ANYWHERE after 30,000 hands. I don't understand how people don't get that. Maybe they do, but they want to believe otherwise hehe so if you think you're one of the better regs, that's much more important than how you're doing after 30k
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited November 2015

Anyone heard from JJ? 

Been 5 days since he posted, and he was due to see the quack on Wednesday.
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited November 2015
    Anyone heard from JJ?  Been 5 days since he posted, and he was due to see the quack on Wednesday.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i've spoke to him on facebook a fair amount, hes been napping alot, other than that haven't seen anything too negative mentioned
    edited November 2015

Thanks Donald.
    edited November 2015

+1, ty Donald. 

A standard 4 hour nap means I've just got round to seeing the question, apologies for the delay. 

Doctors was Wednesday morning, I bombarded him with tonnes of questions and pointed out many things, mental and physical which I thought may be contributing to or even causing the problem. 

Just things that weren't really big issues on the face of it, but which could be, if you know what I mean. For example I have a small lump under the skin on my neck, which feels like nothing, and is invisible, but you never know. 

Everything I pointed out was given the all clear, which is good, because they aren't on my mind anymore, but bad, because I had hoped 1 might lead to a diagnosis. 

Nevermind, "on to the next one"......

In the end the inevitable happened, and I was prescribed some ant eye depressants. Or "low mood" pills. Is there a difference? My mood, generally, is very upbeat. 

But he seems to think they will help. And aside from Geldy, he's the only expert I talk to :)

Back in a month to assess how they're going. 

The list of potential (common) side effects is pretty frightening. 

At the moment I've got away with a pretty bad head cold.

Given the possible outcomes, and if it doesn't get any worse, I probably would've taken it. 

Overall, I'm pretty optimistic with how it went. 

Everyone keeps telling me that diagnosis is a trial and error thing sometimes. Talking to the professionals lately, it seems alot of stuff has been ruled out. 

So we are quite deep into the "trial and error" process. 

Which means, we must be close to getting there, as there isn't much left! right!?

That's what I tell myself anyway.

And who knows, these pills might be the magic pills I've been looking for :)

------

It would be great to feel a little better over the next month or so going into the christmas period, a time which tbh has been quite miserable for me and therefore others around me for as long as I can remember. 

Either way I'm still in such an amazing spot this year compared to last, so I should be greatful for that. 

Thanks again to everyone who's posted here over the last 6 months pushing and encouraging me to persue medical help. I probably still wouldn't have made that initial phone call otherwise. 

----

I was following the events in Paris last night. 

Puts all my problems, past and present into perspective. 

Continues to give me motivation to improve and make the most of the oppertunities I have, which were so cruelly snatched away from so many people last night. 

It makes me feel abit sick about the time I've wasted, but re-enforces the importance of doing the best I can with the time I have left. 

My thoughts continue to be with all those effected by the atrocities in Paris and indeed other parts of the World yesterday.

:(

• GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    edited November 2015
    well done JJ

sounds like your doc is now truly focussed, and you've made sure they know everything that could've been relevant

glgl

edited November 2015
    well done JJ sounds like your doc is now truly focussed, and you've made sure they know everything that could've been relevant glgl
    Posted by GELDY
    Thanks Geldmeister :)

Was only messing with the expert reference, I will keep saying it because it's very true, I do massively appreciate your and everyone elses advice and input. 

----

So, first week done on the meds. 

Still haven't had any terrible side effects, still got a sniffle and the sleeping pattern has been knocked sideways (touch of insomnia maybe) but on the whole, not bad ! 

I think I'd prefer a little unpleasant-ness to none at all, as at least it shows the pills are having some sort of effect.

The last lot made so d all difference. 

---

Played 5 short (1 hour-ish) sessions of no limit 4 cash poker over the last few days. 

Didn't want to play any higher with health variance, just passing time really. 

Instead of just playing my normal game, I've been using the time to experiment with a few things, isolating wider and larger, raising bets post flop exploitably for value, value betting bigger etc etc. 

Results aside, I feel it has been a worthwhile exercise :)

------

Feels like I'm just playing a waiting game at the mo, to see what happens when these meds rly kick in in a fortnight or so. 

I feel very optimistic for the first time in ever. 

Didn't see optimism on the lengthy list of potential side effects so it must be genuine. 

------

Whilst typing this up, I've been getting some stick for a fold I made tonight. 

Can anyone help defend me here???

hellogoodbye92 posts small blind [$0.02 USD].
    PeteGibbons99 posts big blind [$0.04 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Ad Td ]
    spy1985 folds
    Et_Arrows raises [$0.12 USD]
    lene6700 calls [$0.12 USD]
    szilva35 folds
    hellogoodbye92 folds
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.08 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, 2d, Ac ]
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    Et_Arrows bets [$0.27 USD]
    lene6700 calls [$0.27 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 folds

The aggressive villain is 29/20 over 120 hands. 

The passive guy in the hand (aside from me) is a very big fish, 74/0 over 35 hands. 

I don't expect the guy cbetting to be bluffing very often, and I don't expect him to even have any worse aces than me, and wont be value betting his TT/JJ/QQ/KK 3 ways either. 

So i folded. 

Is it as terrible as I'm being told? :D 

-----

Day out in Chefs Field tomorrow, then maybe move back to 10nl for some more pokerz :D

edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Thanks Geldmeister :) Was only messing with the expert reference, I will keep saying it because it's very true, I do massively appreciate your and everyone elses advice and input.  ---- So, first week done on the meds.  Still haven't had any terrible side effects, still got a sniffle and the sleeping pattern has been knocked sideways (touch of insomnia maybe) but on the whole, not bad !  I think I'd prefer a little unpleasant-ness to none at all, as at least it shows the pills are having some sort of effect. The last lot made so d all difference.  --- Played 5 short (1 hour-ish) sessions of no limit 4 cash poker over the last few days.  Didn't want to play any higher with health variance, just passing time really.  Instead of just playing my normal game, I've been using the time to experiment with a few things, isolating wider and larger, raising bets post flop exploitably for value, value betting bigger etc etc.  Results aside, I feel it has been a worthwhile exercise :)http://imgur.com/cHJNHhL ------ Feels like I'm just playing a waiting game at the mo, to see what happens when these meds rly kick in in a fortnight or so.  I feel very optimistic for the first time in ever.  Didn't see optimism on the lengthy list of potential side effects so it must be genuine.  ------ Whilst typing this up, I've been getting some stick for a fold I made tonight.  Can anyone help defend me here??? hellogoodbye92 posts small blind [$0.02 USD]. PeteGibbons99 posts big blind [$0.04 USD]. ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Ad Td ] spy1985 folds Et_Arrows raises [$0.12 USD] lene6700 calls [$0.12 USD] szilva35 folds hellogoodbye92 folds PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.08 USD] ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, 2d, Ac ] PeteGibbons99 checks Et_Arrows bets [$0.27 USD] lene6700 calls [$0.27 USD] PeteGibbons99 folds The aggressive villain is 29/20 over 120 hands.  The passive guy in the hand (aside from me) is a very big fish, 74/0 over 35 hands.  I don't expect the guy cbetting to be bluffing very often, and I don't expect him to even have any worse aces than me, and wont be value betting his TT/JJ/QQ/KK 3 ways either.  So i folded.  Is it as terrible as I'm being told? :D  ----- Day out in Chefs Field tomorrow, then maybe move back to 10nl for some more pokerz :D
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    That's some real life variance, from constantly sleeping, to being an insomniac.

At least you know the medication is having some effect.

Fingers crossed you've at last cracked the problem.
    edited November 2015

It is TK, was abit of a shock to the system. 

You'd have got long odds on me complaining about not being able to sleep a fortnight ago. Unfortunately feeling tired and not being able to sleep is even worse than before, specc to acc tho!

I think the 4/5 hour afternoon naps may have something to do with it :/

Talking of which, incominggggggggggggggggggggggg........................

:D

• goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,810
    edited November 2015
    Very easy flop call imo. Can't believe you fold :o
    edited November 2015
    It is TK, was abit of a shock to the system.  You'd have got long odds on me complaining about not being able to sleep a fortnight ago. Unfortunately feeling tired and not being able to sleep is even worse than before, specc to acc tho! I think the 4/5 hour afternoon naps may have something to do with it :/ Talking of which, incominggggggggggggggggggggggg........................ :Dhttp://imgur.com/R1WHymN
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Exactly, from not being able to stay awake, to not being able to sleep, that's some turnaround in 2 weeks.

And in truth, being tired, & unable to sleep, must be just as bad - worse perhaps - than being tired but able to sleep all the time.

If it were not so serious, it would make a decent script for a dark comedy. 

I've had the good fortune to go through life without too many health issues, & for sure, sleep comes VERY easy to me, I only have to sit still & do nothing for 2 minutes & I nod off. When I go to bed, I read for an hour, but once I turn the light off, the very moment my head touches the pillow, ZONK, I'm gone. Only on rare occasions have I been unable to sleep, & I simply loathed it. I want to be asleep, or doing things, 100% of the time. Laying in bed unable to sleep is the nut worst thing. 

Anyway, it seems like things are happening, & you are on the right track - I hope it continues.

edited November 2015

Incidentally, while I think about it, the thorny & slightly irritating matter of why photographs cannot be approved quicker comers to mind again.

Once again - for maybe the 10th time - I addressed this with Management last week.

My point was this.

1) I can upload photos without approval. I don't have to do anything except click the "Add Photo" icon. That's it, up goes the photo.

2) I can Edit, or even delete/remove Posts or threads made by others. I've been trusted to do that responsibly since the Community opened all those years ago, & I've never got out of line or abused that trust.

But I can't "approve" photos uploaded by others. On the face of it, that seems bizarre.

However, they did give me a good answer this time, after I pressed them quite hard. To Upload a photograph, some "back-office" software has to be accessed. I have zero back office access, & don't want it, so that's that.

Until recently, Dan has been the Photo Upload man, but he has been indisposed for a few weeks. 

So there it is.  
    edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Very easy flop call imo. Can't believe you fold :o
    Posted by goldnballz
    I know, I knowwwww GB :(

It looks terrible now, but at least I had some reasoning behind the fold...

a) The aggressor is opening utg+1, which means his entire value betting range in this hand on the flop is ahead of AT. Maybe he opens A9/A8s, but he doesn't value bet his KK/QQ/JJ/TT on the flop at least. 

b) The 'middle man' in the hand is a really big fish. Therefore, I (probably incorrectly) assumed the aggressor would not cbet this flop with his KQ/QJ/78s type hands because with a huge calling station behind (and me, too) he doesn't have that much fold equity. 

What I didn't give enough credit to was...

a) The aggressor, seems very aggressive. 

b) The board is really good for his range, and really bad for ours. We miss it loads, and he is aggressive enough to cbet and take advantgae of how many folds he's going to get (even from a really big station) on this board. 

c) I have a backdoor nut flush draw which gives my hand a significant boost, as if it were needed. 

d) I dominate the flop calling range of the fish, which allows me to get more value for the hand on the significant number of occasions the aggressor gives up on later streets. 

So although I'm happy with my assumption the cbettors value range on the flop is way ahead of me, where I foooked up was wrongly assuming he doesn't have a cbet bluff range 3 ways with a huge fish in the hand. 

----

@ TK, I'm a week in on the meds now and things seem to be settling down again. 

I slept a solid 10 hours overnight (midnight - 10am), woke feeling rough and aching, showered, ate breakfast, and now feel like I haven't slept at all and am off back to be. It's really bad :(

"On the positives" the head cold has gone. #hype. 

Photo Approval? meh. Imgur just as good. 

Plow all your resources into fiighting for smileys instead. :):/ :P :D:(:'( 

-----

SA squad announcement...

Any thoughts on the 'droppage' of Ian Bell?

I think it may prove to be 1 of the worst selection decisions of recent times, and there have been a few. 

Batting line up looks very vulnerable without him, and the faster pitches in SA suit his game. I think he should've been given 1 more tour in his favoured conditions especially given our lack of alternative options in the middle order. 

I'd like to argue against the omission of Adil, but have to be honest and say he didn't do enough. 

Pleasantly surprised at the inclusion of Gary Ballance. Heart says good pick, head says he will continue to struggle against top quality attacks. 

Plunkett omission is baffling. 

He was deemed good enough for the Pakistan tour, in both formats. Hasn't played, and now isn't good enough for SA where we are missing Wood and maybe Finn in conditions which will again suit his game. 

Can't see Woakes and Jordan giving the Saffers many nightmares. 

-----

I know there are a couple or 3 Stoke City fans that have browsed this thread in the past. 

I saw an 'astonishing' quote the other day. 

I wonder if you guys agree with the great ZZ ?

----

Good luck all on the grind today, I shall hopefully be joining you for a big night-time grind if the body plays ball post nap :D 

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited November 2015
    In Response to  Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" ----- I know there are a couple or 3 Stoke City fans that have browsed this thread in the past.  I saw an 'astonishing' quote the other day.  I wonder if you guys agree with the great ZZ ?  
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

1 game doesnt make a legend. I think his judgement may be slightly clouded. He may be getting him confused with Mark Walters, the ex LFC player ;). Yes, 'super Jonny Walters' is a very good reliable squad player but other stars will shine for us too, soon. Get your 56p on Stoke to finish top ten this season....banker!
    Obv, ZZ has never ventured into some of the back street pubs in the city. Plus he must have never heard of Stanley Matthews or Phil Taylor! Or Oatcakes.

(still reading mate....glad you seem to be on the road to recovery now)

• splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited November 2015
    In Response to  Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I know, I knowwwww GB :( It looks terrible now, but at least I had some reasoning behind the fold... a) The aggressor is opening utg+1, which means his entire value betting range in this hand on the flop is ahead of AT. Maybe he opens A9/A8s, but he doesn't value bet his KK/QQ/JJ/TT on the flop at least.  b) The 'middle man' in the hand is a really big fish. Therefore, I (probably incorrectly) assumed the aggressor would not cbet this flop with his KQ/QJ/78s type hands because with a huge calling station behind (and me, too) he doesn't have that much fold equity.  What I didn't give enough credit to was... a) The aggressor, seems very aggressive.  b) The board is really good for his range, and really bad for ours. We miss it loads, and he is aggressive enough to cbet and take advantgae of how many folds he's going to get (even from a really big station) on this board.  c) I have a backdoor nut flush draw which gives my hand a significant boost, as if it were needed.  d) I dominate the flop calling range of the fish, which allows me to get more value for the hand on the significant number of occasions the aggressor gives up on later streets.  So although I'm happy with my assumption the cbettors value range on the flop is way ahead of me, where I foooked up was wrongly assuming he doesn't have a cbet bluff range 3 ways with a huge fish in the hand.  ---- @ TK, I'm a week in on the meds now and things seem to be settling down again.  I slept a solid 10 hours overnight (midnight - 10am), woke feeling rough and aching, showered, ate breakfast, and now feel like I haven't slept at all and am off back to be. It's really bad :( "On the positives" the head cold has gone. #hype.  Photo Approval? meh. Imgur just as good.  Plow all your resources into fiighting for smileys instead. :):/ :P :D:(:'(  ----- SA squad announcement... Any thoughts on the 'droppage' of Ian Bell? I think it may prove to be 1 of the worst selection decisions of recent times, and there have been a few.  Batting line up looks very vulnerable without him, and the faster pitches in SA suit his game. I think he should've been given 1 more tour in his favoured conditions especially given our lack of alternative options in the middle order.  I'd like to argue against the omission of Adil, but have to be honest and say he didn't do enough.  Pleasantly surprised at the inclusion of Gary Ballance. Heart says good pick, head says he will continue to struggle against top quality attacks.  Plunkett omission is baffling.  He was deemed good enough for the Pakistan tour, in both formats. Hasn't played, and now isn't good enough for SA where we are missing Wood and maybe Finn in conditions which will again suit his game.  Can't see Woakes and Jordan giving the Saffers many nightmares.  ----- I know there are a couple or 3 Stoke City fans that have browsed this thread in the past.  I saw an 'astonishing' quote the other day.  I wonder if you guys agree with the great ZZ ? http://imgur.com/UgAFDT8 ---- Good luck all on the grind today, I shall hopefully be joining you for a big night-time grind if the body plays ball post nap :D 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    The amount of runs that man has cost us in dropped catches this year alone is reason enough to be dropped!

Add to that his poor form with the bat then it's a no brainer imo.

Granted there aren't many replacements for him that jump out at me, but you never know someone may grab the chance and surprise us all.

From this squad, I hope they pick Foottit to bowl with Broad, Jimmy and hopefully a fit Stokes with Ali as the spinner. But you know England, they will go with Woakes because he can bat.