You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    OI....stay away from MTT's ;) Unless you want me to set you an easy challenge.....catch up wacko this year in games played and/or won!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I remember playing 3 handed in the 2.20 @ 2.20 with Wacko about 4 years ago when no1 had heard of him, he was crazzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy aggressive!

Who knew he'd go on to be such a poker boss!

Imagine loving the game as much as he must do <3

Lucy7777777 was the head promoter of the deepy back then. Absolute greatest of all time forum member imo. 

Good times!

------

P.S. can someone start a forum thread about freerolls? Not sure there are enough around atm. ty.

• GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    edited February 2016
    x/y = z.50.3/z.10.10 = 1.5 = +50%  :-)  So that's arithmetic sorted.  Now onto philosophy.  Candide is waiting for you (ps get a version in English).
    Posted by GELDY
    edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" :
    Posted by GELDY

My brother was the 1 who picked the book up for me. 

"Hey JJ on the way home I started reading that book you ordered and it's brilliant, I can't put it down"

"really?"

"yea I got to page 18 before I even got home"

"are you being serious?"

"yes it's awesome I'll have to have it after you"

"it sounds like you're taking the pi ss"

"I'm not, but your pal who reccommended it was"

Doh.

-----

Working on getting an English version now Geldy, I've not given up. 

• GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    edited February 2016
    Get a KINDLE ffs! 
    edited February 2016

Alrite readers. 

So, the plan for this month was to stay away from posting results, either in here, to friends, talking about it to family etc etc. 

And so far, so good. 

Until now. 

I've barely played for the last week. 

Health has taken a real downturn so even when I've tried to play I've been well below 100% and it's resulted in short stagnated sessions and alot of poor play.

As a result of that I've decided to go ahead and post my results for the month so far, in attempt to 'whipe the slate clean' heading into the weekend, as I've started to feel better today and I'm hoping it continues and allows me to get grinding again. 

I realise people may not care btw. 

But I do. 

And when it's my damaged poker brain that's got to try and focus as best as possible in games, that matters above all else.

10nl cash = +£146.45
    Other stuff (the 1 mtt night and a few small stakes hypers) = +£82.51  

Total for Feb = +£228.96

Overall challenge bankroll  = £1923.96

I am a gnats bol lack away from a €40 rakeback payment too. 

-----

The life improvements still going pretty well. increasing the exercise intensity and continuing with the healthy eating. 

I've lost just over a stone now in 6 weeks. 

Gave into temptation at snooker last week and sunk a few beers. By a few I mean 5. ayahhh. 

I needed it with the way I was playing, embarrassing at times. 

I don't know if I can still claim to be off drink after that but if it's within the rules, it's been over 9 months now since I last got bladdered. 

------

I hope everyone is having a storming Feb, gl closing it out on a high. 

edited March 2016

Hello. 

gg Feb. 

The 2nd half of the month (since the last ^^update^^^) has been a real struggle at the cash tables.

The games have been really ugly, lots of solid shortstackers and (imo at least) pretty good 100xbb stackers. 

Wish everyone remotely competent would just fo and let me play against all the fish on my own. 

It's the first real prolongued period of downwardness I've had in 150k hands. 

It's not fun going from 'printing' to suddenly out of nowhere hitting a 20 buyin 'DONswing', so it led me away to other formats to break up the 'grind'. 

Hu hypers have  gone well, winning 29 out of 45 games at $3.50 for a profit of +39.70.

Those results are heavily influenced by playing some Canadian meat head 20 times in a row. 

I have a picture of a pretty girl as my stars avatar who this chap took a liking to. 

So of course I got in character and gave him just enough encouragement to keep re-matching as he switched from calling her (me) a "dumb k unt" to asking if I could send him a naked picture every 30 seconds, all whilst open shoving 90% range. 

I think I won something like 17 out of 20 games before he realised that I wasn't going to add him on skype, send him a picture, or let him eat my a^^.

gg. 

---

I played a tournament, too. 

Well a few 1 night. And won 1 again :)

I'd love to genuinely be able to say "it was late" "i was tired" "he was good" etc etc as the reason for taking the deal.

In reality though I was just being a wimp and scared to play for high stakes. 

Although it was late, and it goes without saying I was tired. He was rubbish tho. 

Whatever, gg. 

------

Roll = £2050.04. 

Which = about £360 profit for Feb.

Which is aight. Low volume, losing at cash etc etc. 

gg again. 

---

Away from pokerz I'm continuing to eat well and exercise, resulting in my weight loss approaching 1 and half stone for the year. 

I start voluntarily 'working' tomorrow at some (not so) local dog kennels, which I'm pretty excited about. I visited them a couple of times over the weekend and it's a really nice place, run by lovely people. 

Hate using the adjective 'lovely' but that's the best way to describe them, they seem to be really passionate about what they do. <3

Health wise, nothing has really changed.

I'm still nackered all the time, each day is still a real slog. 

I'm beginning to lose hope that it will ever go away, so the next best thing is to just accept it and deal with it the best I can. 

----

No real poker goals for March*. 

I'll just keep plodding on, flicking in an hour here and there when I a) fancy a game and b) can be bothered to play.

Hope to keep increasing the volume and intensity of the exercise and continue to eat well, something that I'm finding really easy as I become more educated about good/bad foods. 

I don't think I'll ever go back to old eating habits which I now know were awful. 

I knew they were bad, I just didn't know 'how' bad. :/ 

Good luck to everyone on the tables in March. 

edited March 2016

What Up! 

It's been a while. 

I'm having to shift some £ about this week and it means its going to be difficult to keep a track of my 'challenge roll' without noting P & L for each session, so here's a tidy up of where I am with it. 

I've played 6,427 hands of nl10 in April and made $104.

I've played 8 x $3.50 HU sngs and won 4. Losing $0.40 

I've earnt? (unlocked) €40 ($31.97) worth of rakeback. 

= Total Profit of £103.82

Added to the 'challenge roll' leaves it at £2153.86 from the initial starting amount of £40 way back when. 

---

Away from the table I've continued to try and improve my diet and levels of exercise. 

In fact I took on a challenge with a couple of mates to try and lose 2 stone in 2 months, an extremely ambitious target. 

I started well, losing 6.5 lbs in week 1, but slacked in week 2 losing just half a pound. 

We are half way through week 3 now. I'll keep you updated!

Overall weight loss in 2016 = 21.5 lbs. 

---

I've started work!

Well, it's not real work. 

I've been volunteering at a local dog kennells I mentioned a while back, going through a few days a week to help walk the pups. 

I guess for it to be work I have to get paid, and It'd need to feel like a 'chore' to do it. 

Neither applies here, 

I love it, and the only thing stopping me going through alot more often is the fact we have adopted a dog from there ourselves. 

So I have to stay at home to look after her while she settles in. 

Meet 1 yr old Staffy, Bonnie :)

She's a 'delight'. 

Just don't leave your trainers, socks, bags, hat, gloves, coat, jumper, wool, in fact anything lying around ! :)

----

I've set myself a fitness challenge, on top of the mini challenge I'm doing at the mo. 

It's hugely optimistic, given my fitness levels atm are absolutely terrible having started from rock bottom. 

I'd like to train to be able to run a half marathon by the 11th September 2016. 

Again I've mentioned it before, I've always wanted to participate in the Great North Run. 

Having had a brief look into it, it seems like it's difficult to get in. It may be easier than it looks but I was put off straight away. 

But that doesn't mean I can't train and find 1 somewhere else on or before that date, so I'm going to give it a go. 

Fwiw I've just got off the treadmill doing 2min walk/2min light jog intervals for 20 mins and I'm absolutely f*d. 

So that might give an idea of the size of the challenge. :)

----

Health/Tiredness.

Is still very poor. 

I went for my monthly checkup at the quacks last week. 

He upped my dose of depression pills to the highest level he's allowed to. 

And referred me to a talking therapist again, before saying it could be fibromyalgia. 

I went home and googled it.

Read up on the signs/symptoms.

And concluded he's oficially run out of ideas. 

It's definitely not that. 

So I'm resigned to having to live with it. 

Which I can, if I make sure I have a good attitude and try and stay on top of it. Accept there will be really bad days/weeks and that's just going to be part of life. 

Bit like poker variance, we can still win long term :)

Still off the beer though, 10 and a half months now. 

----

Poker plans....

Meh. keep playing abit when I have time/want to. 

Isn't very often atm, 6k hands in 28 days is Donald-esq volume. 

----

Hope all 2/3/4 of my regular readers are well, and have had a good April on the felt. 

If not, dw March is here soon :)

GL all grinding away & England in the cricket the morra' :D<3

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited March 2016

Nice looking pup that JJ. She will keep ya fit ;)
     Glad you seem to be level headed about everything now (life & poker).

One of the few diaries I read nowadays, so it is good that you have updated us all.

BTW....Hope all 2/3/4 of my regular readers are well, and have had a good April on the felt. 

If not, dw March is here soon :)

April is after March mate ;)
  • jdsallstarjdsallstar Member Posts: 1,675
    edited March 2016
    I think you have more regular readers than you realise sir.

Great diary!!
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for the update, JJ. One of your three readers here.

Not sure about your fitness levels being rock bottom. I get out of breath just putting on my socks. After this weekend, where I spent several hours over three days sat on the floor (counting years worth of saved up coins like Scrooge), my legs feel like I've run a snickers. And that's just from sitting on a different surface than I'm used to. It would be fair to say I'm a bit out of shape.

Sorry to hear the health/tiredness is no better. Do you really think you need more anti-depressents? (I'm very much anti-drugs). They seem to throw these things around like they're Spangles. And as for the currently stylish fibro-my-idleness....

Maybe you need to eat more fish fingers. Omega-3 is good.

Congrats on the alcohol :)

EDIT - PS, dog looks very camp.

• GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for the update, JJ. One of your four readers here. N
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    FYP  - GL JJ
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited March 2016
    Another very interested reader here, really impressed with how you're trying to turn your life around. You've done incredibly well, keep up the good work.

Come on England. Be interesting to see what sort of surface it is at delhi, with New Zealands spinners doing the business so far, lets hope they're not as effective on this pitch.
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    April is after March mate ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY

How did I even manage to come out with that! aghhhh

Mortified.

Pretty spectuactular self pwnage even by my standards.

Thanks for being on the ball as ever and pointing it out Alan :) And for the nice words too. 

Thanks for the update, JJ. One of your three readers here. Not sure about your fitness levels being rock bottom. I get out of breath just putting on my socks. After this weekend, where I spent several hours over three days sat on the floor (counting years worth of saved up coins like Scrooge), my legs feel like I've run a snickers. And that's just from sitting on a different surface than I'm used to. It would be fair to say I'm a bit out of shape. Sorry to hear the health/tiredness is no better. Do you really think you need more anti-depressents? (I'm very much anti-drugs). They seem to throw these things around like they're Spangles. And as for the currently stylish fibro-my-idleness.... Maybe you need to eat more fish fingers. Omega-3 is good. Congrats on the alcohol :) EDIT - PS, dog looks very camp.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Not really Bonk. 

But he's the expert. 

Even though they aren't helping with the initial problem of fatigue/lethargy etc, maybe they are helping in other ways such as motivation to get up and do things despite the health issues. 

As he said last week, I wont really understand the full impact they had until I stop taking them. 

I'll give the full 40mg ones a month and speak to him again.

You do know fish fingers are in breadcrumbs right?

BREAD IS THE DEVIL.

CALORIEZZZZZZZ. 

Fresh steamed cod with a side of (no more than) 8 garden peas ftw! 

Another very interested reader here, really impressed with how you're trying to turn your life around. You've done incredibly well, keep up the good work. Come on England. Be interesting to see what sort of surface it is at delhi, with New Zealands spinners doing the business so far, lets hope they're not as effective on this pitch.
    Posted by splashies

Thanks Splashman. 

It's weird that in a comp in Asia with ragging wickets it's the New Zealanders that've dominated. Inspired team selection.

Hopefully today is the day Big Bash hero King Adil comes in to his own after a mediocre tournament so far. 

I am #nervousssssssssssss. 

I think you have more regular readers than you realise sir. Great diary!!
    Posted by jdsallstar

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : FYP  - GL JJ
    Posted by Glenelg

Thanks chaps :)

----

After a 90 minute walk late last night, I've woken up pretty late today. 

The doctor suggested I started taking the tablets before bed rather than in a morning as they can induce (more) tiredness. 

Not sure if there's a link but I've woken up feeling like death :/ 

As a result it's too late to go through to the kennells as planned, so a day of indoor fitness as punishment for not getting my Rs up and out of bed on time. 

Going to try and fit all 4 workouts, the treadmill, the seemingly impossible 'beginners' youtube workout vid that I've found, a shadow boxing session, and the dreaded 'stairs run',  in around the cricket. 

RIP doh. 

----

GL all trying to close out the month in style on the tables.  

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited March 2016
    In Response to  Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" :  Not really Bonk.  But he's the expert.  Even though they aren't helping with the initial problem of fatigue/lethargy etc, maybe they are helping in other ways such as motivation to get up and do things despite the health issues.  As he said last week, I wont really understand the full impact they had until I stop taking them.  I'll give the full 40mg ones a month and speak to him again. You do know fish fingers are in breadcrumbs right? BREAD IS THE DEVIL. CALORIEZZZZZZZ.  Fresh steamed cod with a side of (no more than) 8 garden peas ftw!  
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

No wonder you need the A.D!

edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : No wonder you need the A.D!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    The peas are a treat after the everyday green sludge for brekky. 

CERRRRRRRR
    MIT
    MENT 

:)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited March 2016

Good luck with the diet JJ.

I'm mid-diet myself, & have dropped 2st 1lb in 2 months & 2 weeks. The better we do when dieting, the more we are encouraged to stick to it rigidly.

Once our heads are in the right place, it's the easiest thing ever.

Garden peas? I have a WHOLE TIN (small tin, admittedly) every day.

Proper pea chirp, that.  

• GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited March 2016
    Ten and half months off the booze and 21.5lbs weight-loss in 2016 are both massive achievements. I'm super-impressed, you should be very proud of yourself. The dog volunteering sounds like a another big positive step too.

If you can do those things you can definitely do a half-marathon. After a 12 year 'break' I returned to running in April 2014, starting with 2 minutes jog/2 minutes walk, for 24 minutes first time out. I slowly built it up and did my first half marathon in Cardiff in October of that year. I've ran in another four half-marathons since then, reducing my best time to 1 hour 43 minutes in Coventry five weeks ago.

Those first few runs are always by far the toughest. If you stick at it you'll soon improve, it gets much easier when you settle into a training pace that suits you. Keeping some sort of running diary so you can see your progress in black and white is highly recommended.

Big city running events are a wonderful experience, you'd love it. Everybody is in it together, supporting and encouraging each other, regardless of age/size/ability. It's only really a 'race' for a few elite guys at the front. Being cheered-on and encouraged by the spectators makes it feel even more amazing.

Run well, literally :)

https://www.strava.com/activities/436665793
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited March 2016
    Ten and half months off the booze and 21.5lbs weight-loss in 2016 are both massive achievements. I'm super-impressed, you should be very proud of yourself. The dog volunteering sounds like a another big positive step too. If you can do those things you can definitely do a half-marathon. After a 12 year 'break' I returned to running in April 2014, starting with 2 minutes jog/2 minutes walk, for 24 minutes first time out. I slowly built it up and did my first half marathon in Cardiff in October of that year. I've ran in another four half-marathons since then, reducing my best time to 1 hour 43 minutes in Coventry five weeks ago. Those first few runs are always by far the toughest. If you stick at it you'll soon improve, it gets much easier when you settle into a training pace that suits you. Keeping some sort of running diary so you can see your progress in black and white is highly recommended. Big city running events are a wonderful experience, you'd love it. Everybody is in it together, supporting and encouraging each other, regardless of age/size/ability. It's only really a 'race' for a few elite guys at the front. Being cheered-on and encouraged by the spectators makes it feel even more amazing. Run well, literally :)https://www.strava.com/activities/436665793
    Posted by GaryQQQ

I don't do any running - obv - buy my young lady does, & I can really relate to that, the atmo is simply wonderful, just 100% good vibes to & from everyone. We - well her, with me as her support, have done 5 so far, & they have been a real eye opener. There's a different world out there.

As for me, part of my "diet" consists of a daily walk, something I've never done before. I walk 2 miles every weekday, & 4 miles every Saturday & Sunday, so that's 18 miles per week, &, in total, close to 200 miles since I began on January 16th. To me, that's amazing, but I guess Gary won't be quite as impressed, given he regularly walks the length & breadth of the country. ;)  

• Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited March 2016
    Good read sir, often read and don't post - think you are up to at least 10 known readers now mate :)

Good luck with the diet and poker bud 
    edited March 2016
    Ten and half months off the booze and 21.5lbs weight-loss in 2016 are both massive achievements. I'm super-impressed, you should be very proud of yourself. The dog volunteering sounds like a another big positive step too. If you can do those things you can definitely do a half-marathon. After a 12 year 'break' I returned to running in April 2014, starting with 2 minutes jog/2 minutes walk, for 24 minutes first time out. I slowly built it up and did my first half marathon in Cardiff in October of that year. I've ran in another four half-marathons since then, reducing my best time to 1 hour 43 minutes in Coventry five weeks ago. Those first few runs are always by far the toughest. If you stick at it you'll soon improve, it gets much easier when you settle into a training pace that suits you. Keeping some sort of running diary so you can see your progress in black and white is highly recommended. Big city running events are a wonderful experience, you'd love it. Everybody is in it together, supporting and encouraging each other, regardless of age/size/ability. It's only really a 'race' for a few elite guys at the front. Being cheered-on and encouraged by the spectators makes it feel even more amazing. Run well, literally :) https://www.strava.com/activities/436665793
    Posted by GaryQQQ

You started at pretty much the same intensity as me and you completed a half marathon almost exactly 6 months later which is my goal. Inspiration, it can be done! :)

That link looks cool too, I've been running mainly on the treadmill so far but it's incredibly boring. When I go out for walks I usually use the Endomondo app, but STRAVA looks alot better, 

Thanks. 

Good luck with the diet JJ. I'm mid-diet myself, & have dropped 2st 1lb in 2 months & 2 weeks. The better we do when dieting, the more we are encouraged to stick to it rigidly.   Once our heads are in the right place, it's the easiest thing ever. Garden peas? I have a WHOLE TIN (small tin, admittedly) every day.   Proper pea chirp, that.    
    Posted by Tikay10

As with Garys running history above you have gone and achieved my current goal!

Any tips diet wise?

I try to eat 'properly' as often as possible, so 3 decent meals per day with the obvious "lots of veg" and some fruit etc. 

Completely avoid chocolate, sweets, crisps, cake, sugar, ice cream, mayo etc etc

All the above is rather easy for me, it's avoiding chippys and bacon butties that presents the real challenge but so far, so good with that. 

My problem area/weakness is snacking, I give in too easily to cereal like allbran/bran flakes. 

It's not the 'worst' thing to turn to when peckish but it is deceptively calorific, and if there was an equally filling alternative it may help me progress abit faster. 

Well done on losing 2 stone in 2 months though, that's really incredible work especially as you are in very decent shape to start with! 

It's abit easier here as I have plenty of excess timber to lose :) 

----

I've just completed this weeks weigh in, and I'm down another 4 lbs, taking the total loss to 11* lbs inside 3 weeks. 

Just about on course to 'get thereeeeeeeeeeeee'.

Off to see the dogs to celebrate :)