You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited January 2016

Good stuff. I'm one to talk, too, my weight has ballooned in the last 2 months due to bad food & lack of exercise.
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited January 2016
    Just because you have switched scales doesn't mean you haven't lost weight?

Presumably you actually have lost some, just are heavier than you thought (assuming new scales are more accurate than old scales) Plus presumably you were dressed when getting weighed in front of the family and undressed when using the old scales?

Anyway don't get hung up on short term results and all that.

I am feeling the pressure of book advisor.

Remember that book reviews are very polarising - people who love books tend to be "unable to put the book down" and devour them in 1 or 2 marathon sessions and proudly boast of this in reviews. You will always get the book review trolls too happy to criticise anything and show how much "cleverer "they are versus the person who has actually achieved something in writing a novel.

Eleven as you will know all about the interactions between a collection of different people so it takes a while to build the picture of who those people are. I just found it a very decent light read, no more no less.

Get Fit is definitely harder than Keep Fit - but the results are more obvious - good luck with that and everything else.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Just because you have switched scales doesn't mean you haven't lost weight? Presumably you actually have lost some, just are heavier than you thought (assuming new scales are more accurate than old scales) Plus presumably you were dressed when getting weighed in front of the family and undressed when using the old scales? Anyway don't get hung up on short term results and all that. I am feeling the pressure of book advisor. Remember that book reviews are very polarising - people who love books tend to be "unable to put the book down" and devour them in 1 or 2 marathon sessions and proudly boast of this in reviews. You will always get the book review trolls too happy to criticise anything and show how much "cleverer "they are versus the person who has actually achieved something in writing a novel. Eleven as you will know all about the interactions between a collection of different people so it takes a while to build the picture of who those people are. I just found it a very decent light read, no more no less. Get Fit is definitely harder than Keep Fit - but the results are more obvious - good luck with that and everything else.
    Posted by Phantom66
    No pressure Phantz, the bolded bit is exactly what I asked for. 

I'm going to have another bash at the book now before snooker. 

Hope Xavier has more look at speed dating than I just did in the first session of the day.

Indirect runbad moans itt. 

• Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited January 2016
    Keep up the good work with the exercise Dohhhhhh. I work nights, and i know from my own experience if you can be bothered to exercise this time of year early in the morning when still nearly dark and cold miserable weather,you are already doing well. When the clocks change and the weather gets better it will be a breeze.
     At the moment i go to work in the dark and come home in the dark:( But come summer time, i get to see inspiring sunrises across beautiful countryside and it makes going for a run or to the gym 100 times easier.
    Run well, Dave.
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    edited January 2016
    Another "Keep positive"  It's NOT gonna be easy. BUT I'm guessing you knew/know that?

This time next year you'll be addicted to exercise.  Endorphins are VERY powerful.  Google is your friend!

Gl on the baize...........
    edited January 2016

Thanks for the encrouagement chaps, I'll keep at it for sure. 

The weight loss (or lack of) is secondary, it's all an attempt to try and fix the tiredness problem that I have been having. 

I think it's helping. So whilst that's the case it's so so so easy to keep it up and stay disciplined with the diet as I am desperate to get rid of the constant fatigue. 

Fingers X'd !

----

Weird day on the tables. 

It started fine this morning, but ended with me losing every pot for the 2nd half of the session. 

Tonight it just continued, losing hands everywhere, apart from the very first hand of the session where I won a stack (ironically excluded on the graph due to the tracker taking time to load. ioejierjeijeiwjorjeojigitr)

Then the day ended as it started and I managed around a break even result. 

(The actual result on the day according to start and end account balances is - £1.28)

----

I'm having a morning off walking tomorrow, because when I get up early it means I don't sleep alot overnight, which then brings in afternoon naps and therefore a really disjointed day. 

Instead I'll dust off the treadmill again, which means abit of a lie in and then a big volume poker day is possible. 

I made this decision when I was stuck 4 buyins for the day. I'm always more poker motivated when getting crushed. 

I made a comeback, but will stick with the plan. 

>2k hands incoming tomorrow. 

Roll = £1307

(pg 85 of the book. Xavier did indeed run much betetr than I did today, pulled some Aussie tart at speed dating now has a Geordie cleaner prancing round his study with a bottle of Mr Muscle. mbn)
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
     >2k hands incoming tomorrow.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Alright, I lied. 

Bit of a washout today. 

Still done all the health stuff which is the main thing but only played 75 mins of cash. 

Went for an hours kip @ 4 and 'woke up' at 7.30, Although I still feel half asleep so cancelled the evening HU session after 3 games. 

+ $12.25 (£8.48) @ cash.

Won 2/3 HU sngs (+$3.10)

= + £10.63. 

Would pay for the next chinese if I was allowed 1. 

Hope for better energy and volume tomorrow. 

Rollz = £1317.63
    edited January 2016
    p85 wp
    edited January 2016

In the hours I was awake on Wednesday, it was a b loody good/productive day. 

Unfortunately 16 of the 24 hours were spent in the land of Nod. 

----

I got the wake up call to go walking at 7am. 

I got out of bed for the first time at 11am. 

So that was a fail. 

Tried a poker session around midday, but only managed 27 minutes before tiredness got the better of me. 

Had to end, even though it was a winning one. 

Made the tastiest healthy chicken dinner everrrrrr and watched the best double episode of blacklist so far <3

Followed by 4 more hours of sleep.  :(

Got round to the treadmill at 8pm! whilst watching an entertaining Gilette Soccer Special. 

Then a good 2 hour poker session to finish the day. 

Waking hours were pretty awesome today.

I just wish there were a few more of them! doh. 

Tracker shows +$42.33

I also unlocked a $25 bonus by winning at showdown with all the pocket pairs in order from AA down to 22. 

That's taken me AGES.

Probably my first volume related promo winnings of all time. 

Productive day overall winning £48.14 for 3 hours play. 

That's almost a proper wage!!!

-----

Only thing missing from today was some reading, which will follow now as I'm relatively 'alert' after so much sleep earlier. 

Starting on page 115! I'm beginning to 'get' the book now after some early doubts about where it was going. 

Bankroll = £1365.77 

edited January 2016

More progress on and off t'table today. 

2 week weigh in on the diet thing gave encouraging results, I've lost 5 lbs. 

I'm not sure if that's great considering I've been eating super clean, but my exercise hasn't been very strenuous so it will or at least should start dropping off abit faster. 

----

Poker was very good too. 

That graph included a 4 hour session (just ended) which is alot for me. A realllllllllll lot of hands.

I was battling on towards the end trying to win 1 more stack to post a +10 buy in day.

I thought I had it here, last orbit before closing off (although it may not have been had I not gotten stacked)

MarioUP posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    PeteGibbons99 posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Qs Qh ]
    Vandar1988 raises [$0.20 USD]
    MarioUP folds
    Your time bank will be activated in 6 secs. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$0.70 USD]
    Vandar1988 calls [$0.60 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, 7d, Qd ]
    PeteGibbons99 bets [$1.06 USD]
    Vandar1988 calls [$1.06 USD]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Kh ]
    skellox has left the table.
    PeteGibbons99 bets [$2.32 USD]
    Vandar1988 is all-In  [$8.18 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$5.86 USD]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 4c ]
    PeteGibbons99 shows [ Qs, Qh ]three of a kind, Queens.
    Vandar1988 shows [ Th, Jh ]a straight, Nine to King.]

Must be nice Vandar you annoying ducking ducktard. 

+£54.27 day 

-----

Other good things that happened today...

- Awake for more hours than I was asleep. 

- Started increasing the intensity of the exercise, running instead of walking. 

- Fascinating test match conditions in SA, I can see it being a classic. 

- Grilled Lamb steak in Mexican Chilli Bean soup. 

----

Roll = £1420.04. 

edited January 2016
    Spent the day largely away from poker after yesterdays marathon. 

The test match continues to enthrall. 

Best snooker match I've seen for a long time (at least in terms of quality, if not real tension and drama) this afternoon too. 

Did another run, and put the dart board up again. 

Yes I f*in am mentioning darts in the same sentence as running when writing about exercise !!!!

I'm always optimistic when I get the arrows out again. 

"This time I'll be alot better. It looks easy on the TV all I have to do is keep my arm straight"

All over the board. 

----

Played an hour after snooker tonight. 

I don't talk about my setup or table count alot, maybe I should. 

I've upped it to 8 at the moment, again, big progress from 8 months ago when I was timing out on 4. 

It allows me to play around 750 hands per hour. 

Got coolered.

Coolered 2 people.

Lost a flip.

gg. 

- 33pence

Roll = same as yesterday. 

Book update = page 147. The only thing missing from this afternoons match. 

Away to 'crack on' with it before bed, then up early to watch Yorkshire pile on the runs v SA tomorrow <3

edited January 2016

No updates over the weekend.

The form book would suggest this means I played and got mullered, but in fact I just didn't bother at all. 

A few reasons. 

- Bit of a tiredness downswing, yawwwwn. 

- My last session was about as perfect as a poker session could be, and yet I only won 50 quid. Which crushed  my motivation abit. I'm obviously not motivated by money right now, but it was abit 'meh'. I expected +8.5 buyins to be more. haha. 

- Bit of general lazyness on my part. 

----

Back on it today, abit up and down but 2h 45 mins (1,500 hands) played without any real concerted push was pleasing.

As was the result. 

Bit of help from the all in Gods never goes amiss. 

----

Pg 260ish of the book. 

We've just had a flashback from our hero, Xavier, about the time he was babysitting for his best friends and in an unfortunate turn of events he dropped the new born baby. 

He was pretty ul. 

I'd guess a fair % of the time this would result in nothing more than a bump on the head and nobody would ever know. 

Some % of the time, it would be abit more serious, maybe a broken arm or collarbone, something that would cause alot of concern short term but would go away and be forgotten about pretty quickly. 

A small % of the time however something more serious may happen, in this case the baby suffering lifelong brain damage. 

In the first 2 instances, nothing would really happen. 

Unfortunately as a result of his accident Xavier lost his long term gf, his 2 lifelong best friends, his relationship with his family, his job, his home, his birthland, and his name !!

Variance eh. It's everywhere :)

ul Xav. 

----

On a more positive note, here is my graph for all 10nl (6max, 9max, fastfold) games on bwin. 

Brag Citeh, but who carezzzz, I'm proud of it and I want to show it off!

This is Dohx7, the guy who introduced himself to the online poker community by telling everyone he was the best player in the World, bragging about beating nl7£ @ 9xbb/100. 

Funny old game :)

Back tomorrow for more handzzzzzzz. 

Roll = £1450

• GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    edited January 2016
    You have to read Candide by Voltaire next (aka The Optimist). It's an easy read honest. An accessible masterpiece as the academics would say. Then you'd be able to talk about the baby incident while referencing Pangloss and his world view. It has Dohhhhhhh written all over it. 
    edited January 2016
    The post 2 above should come with a SPOILER ALERT for anyone thinking about reading Eleven.

edited January 2016
    You have to read Candide by Voltaire next (aka The Optimist). It's an easy read honest. An accessible masterpiece as the academics would say. Then you'd be able to talk about the baby incident while referencing Pangloss and his world view. It has Dohhhhhhh written all over it. 
    Posted by GELDY
    I am alarmed abit at the fancy foreign title Geldmeister. 

It sounds confusing, but I'll take your word for it being easy going. 

If the library have it, or can get it, I'll read it next! 

tbh I thought it would take me at least 2/3 months to read 1 book, but with really small reading volume so far im reaching the end of the first 1. 

Which means I'll be able to read alot more books than I expected to!  :)

So i'll get through alot of the reccommendations. 

----

Good exercise commitment on show this morning.

The alarm went at 7.30. 

I didn't fancy it, so turned it off and closed my eyes again.

5 mins later I went to the toilet and then back to bed, again.

5 mins later I found the willpower to get up and out! 

#Momentum. 

-----

About to start a 'sesh' before the inevitable early afternoon tiredness crash, looking for >2k hands today. 

And Phantom is quite right above, I must apologise for posting the book spoiler. 

17,500 posts later and I'm still not thinking before I speak.

Or type. 

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited January 2016
    JJ, did you see the new snooker film on iPlayer (The Rack Pack). I know you like snooker so worth a watch. It's about the Higgins/Davis rivalry in the 80s, which many of us remember but you may be a bit too young. Really well done film.
    I think it's only available on iPlayer.

edited January 2016

. “To put it in gentleman’s terms if you’ve been out for a night and you’re looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they’re good looking and some weeks they’re not the best. My performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She weren’t the best looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let’s have a coffee”

The legendary words of the great character, average manager, and awful pundit, Ian Holloway do a good job of summing up todays pokers. 

I played a full session of 9handed cash this evening. 

It wasn't the most fun, but the games were so much better than the 6handed tables (fu RTR Rakerace)

I guess chosing 'less fun' games when you are a 'fun player' seems abit backwards. 

But whilst money isn't my main motivation for playing, it still is somewhat of a motivation. 

+ $52

= +£36 

tyvm lets have a green tea ! 

Roll = £1486

----

@ bonk, the rack pack is going to be watched tomorrow morning, ty ! 

edited January 2016

Not my most favouritest session ever tonight. 

An unpleasant reminder of what it feels like to sit there and lose every single hand for a prolonguied period of time. 

It's horrible. 

Down 10 English pounds, Roll = £1476

-----

I watched the rack pack today, as reccommended by Bonk.

I had no idea there was such a rivalry between Davis and Higgins. 

If it's all a true story and accurate representation of what went on, then it's quite shocking the impact Davis had on the life and career of Higgins. 

After a slow start I was gripped throughout. 

Loved the performance of the guy playing Barry Hearn <3

I was also surprised to see Jcarver roped in to play the part of the Nuggett. 

-----

Back tomorrow to get my tenner back. 
  • yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    edited January 2016
    http://imgur.com/IoTMrNO Not my most favouritest session ever tonight.  An unpleasant reminder of what it feels like to sit there and lose every single hand for a prolonguied period of time.  It's horrible.  Down 10 English pounds, Roll = £1476 ----- I watched the rack pack today, as reccommended by Bonk. I had no idea there was such a rivalry between Davis and Higgins.  If it's all a true story and accurate representation of what went on, then it's quite shocking the impact Davis had on the life and career of Higgins.  After a slow start I was gripped throughout.  Loved the performance of the guy playing Barry Hearn <3 I was also surprised to see Jcarver roped in to play the part of the Nuggett.  http://imgur.com/XKrzzZ8 ----- Back tomorrow to get my tenner back. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Hi Dohh,

Hope your doing okay.

The Rack Pack was effing awesome in my opinion, and as far as I know, very close to the bone with a comicle twist. 

The Hurricane's downfall would first start with him though, then Barry and 'The Nugget' was just a far better oiled machine of a player. 

I grew up a Davis & Hendry fan. Crucible nights would became a rival night in my house. My Mum was a Jimmy fan and my Grandad a Hurricane fan. When things would start to go in the favour of Davis or Hendry, I was shot off to bed. My Mum despised Davis & Hendry. For one, both weren't good looking enough compared to her Jimmy. But no one was more as exciting to watch than 'The Whirlwind' or 'The Hurricane'. But The Tags would always out do the Lags.
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Hi Dohh, Hope your doing okay. The Rack Pack was effing awesome in my opinion, and as far as I know, very close to the bone with a comicle twist.  The Hurricane's downfall would first start with him though, then Barry and 'The Nugget' was just a far better oiled machine of a player.  I grew up a Davis & Hendry fan. Crucible nights would became a rival night in my house. My Mum was a Jimmy fan and my Grandad a Hurricane fan. When things would start to go in the favour of Davis or Hendry, I was shot off to bed. My Mum despised Davis & Hendry. For one, both weren't good looking enough compared to her Jimmy. But no one was more as exciting to watch than 'The Whirlwind' or 'The Hurricane'. But The Tags would always out do the Lags.
    Posted by yuranASSet
    You don't look old enough !!!! :D 

lol'd at the bolded bit, so true. 

I love watching snooker, particuarly the big events which are covered brilliantly by the BBC. 

But some of the commentry gets tilting at times. 

The amount of times a player takes on a risky shot and misses, and Dennis Taylor concludes it was the wrong shot selection, yet the exact same shot the next night is taken on and goes in, and Dennis Taylor this time concludes it was the correct shot "because it went in".

Ayahhhh man. 

pifjioerjfoierjfijweriofjr

-----

Early results tonight coz I can not be bothered with poker. Or owt else. 

Slept almost all day, and skipped exercise for the first time this year. 

Bad times, especially if it happens again tomorrow :'(

Played 2 hours this morning through sub optimal playing conditions because I wanted to get my tenner back. 

Roll = £1493

-----

Good twitch stream. High stakes MTT guy. Lots of comical Tony G based lookalike banter.  

GL all heading into their nightly schedulezzzz.