You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited January 2016
    1 Dont 3b pre readless, c/f turn , c/f river. I might c/c flop sometimes. What hands do you expect a river bet to fold out?

2. Meh ifI 3b pre I prob 3b flop and get it in. You always have some equity even against bigger fd. I'm sure someone will explain why folding better though 

3.Id sometimes nit it up and fold to 3b pre. Deffo call turn and prob most rivers if I call pre

4. Cant fold turn, I couldnt fold river v unknown either, call/call is good imo 
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited January 2016

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    - I'm mega motivated to get my money back tomorrow. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

We did ittttttttttttttt. 

Admittedly I made the whole alot bigger before doing so.

And started to dig a new hole once I'd got there. 

But at one point I'd got it back ! :)

----

Thanks for the feedback on the hands GT, I can't really argue with any of it. 

I don;t think anything folds in hand 1 for the price offered (and therefore I made a silly mistake) but if I'd sized different maybe all his weak aces have to fold. He can't have any sets and I block his AJ, he 3bets AK and some AQs pre. Maybe even some AJs. 

He did have AJ fwiw and took a long time to call :/ 

----

I was up and out walking pre 8am today.

Shattered now, and starving! 

So an early dinner then an afternoon of watching cricket, The Blacklist and sleeping is on the cards. 

At least it feels like I've done something to make myself tired for once.

---

Back on't baze tonight to continue the battle. 
    edited January 2016

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to  Re: Back on't baze tonight to continue the battle. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I lied. 

Watched Stoke v Pool instead. 

After another 4 hour nap this afternoon, and with me hoping to make the early morning walks a regular thing, I decided more overnight sleep would be a good idea if the body obliges. (2am the norm)

So instead of a full grind just played 10 hypers. 

The bad guys won. 

6-3   (-$7.80)

Ran in to a Brazillian chap who seemed really good at allins. 

Implications being I wasn't very good at them tonight myself :( 

= Loss. 

Roll = £1267.73

----

AOB. 

I've spoke to a friend who knows about medicine n stuff. 

I've now decided to go for the 'uppage' of the dose on the drugs I'm on. 

The side effects were minimul the first time, so the hope is it wont be too bad this time either. 

----

Healthy eating continues to go well. 

I have a period around now 10/11pm every night when I get hungry though. 

My diet coach is an old man and goes to bed at 6pm every night so he doesn't have much experience in this area. 

I don't suppose there will be many that read this thread, but do any diet pros have any tips for late night snacks? Just more fruit?

----

Back tomoro after walkies. 
  • pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited January 2016

Late night snacks hmmmm.  1.  Box of Pringles.

2. Wigan Burger  (Steak Pie on a Barm)

3.  Cheese on toast.
  • GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    edited January 2016
    Raw veg such as carrots or cauliflower
    If you can resist the cheese toastie

Agree on trying an increased dose. Docs often start the prescription a bit low to check for side effect problems and sometimes that's all that's needed. But if not then it's usually fine to double up. 

edited January 2016

I can't eat raw veg unless it's blitzed up Geldy. 

Aside from tomatos? Are they even a veg :D 

The Wigan Burger idea is intriguing. Once I fall off the diet wagon i'll give it a shot. Needs some sauce or something thoughright? 

Assuming a balm is what they call a breadbun over t'other side of t'pennines, it sounds pretty dry to me. 

-----

Out trekkin even earlier today. 

#Scenes at 7.30am ! 

Thoroughly nackered myself out, and slept a full 5 hours this afternoon. 

Again, at least I felt the sleep (albeit not 5 hours worth) was somewhat justified. 

-----

Almost 1k hands of poker, a mix of 6max, fast fold, and some full ring. 

+ $20.53. 

Roll = £1281.76

-----
    utg guy 21/16 over 500 hands. Opens 9% utg.
    caller is a pretty big nit, 18/14 over 2k hands, 6% 3b. Fold to 3b 73%. Fold to cbet 50% Fold to cbet 4/9 in 3b pots. He will be aware utg is very solid tag, and will probably see me the same way.
    Hs draws prob play agro otf, or call and then take the card now? His JJ/TT/99 I do not expect to bet on the turn. AQs maybe the only thing I'm in good shape against? but even then given action and positions and him being nitty it's unlikely?We are 100xbb effective to start the hand. His turn bet is $3 in to $5.55, leaving $4.40 behind in his stack and $8.55 total in the pot. ???

jacsos posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    PeteGibbons99 posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Kc Kh ]
    Barman_1 raises [$0.30 USD]
    zorro515 folds
    karakannn calls [$0.30 USD]
    Golczinooo folds
    jacsos folds
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$1 USD]
    Barman_1 folds
    karakannn calls [$0.80 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 8d, Qd, 7h ]
    PeteGibbons99 bets [$1.50 USD]
    karakannn calls [$1.50 USD]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 4h ]
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    karakannn bets [$3 USD]
    PeteGibbons99

• pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited January 2016

The Wigan Burger idea is intriguing. Once I fall off the diet wagon i'll give it a shot. Needs some sauce or something thoughright? 

Assuming a balm is what they call a breadbun over t'other side of t'pennines, it sounds pretty dry to me.

Aye, tha reet lad, big dollop of HP or Daddies.

The Barm cake MUST be buttered so as not to be dry.
    edited January 2016

I can't eat raw veg unless it's blitzed up Geldy. 

Well dip them in some Guacamole or Hummus or something. Healthy, flavoursome and with texture. What's not to like? 

edited January 2016
    In the hand
    He has position on you & he calls 50% of cbets even if 3 bet. 
    You fire once and then give up on the turn. Even if he is a nit who never bluffs his range could be quite wide with a lot of draws out there and it's a great spot to try to steal. Get it in and take notes. 
    PS I don't play cash any more. 

edited January 2016

Health = 9/10

Poker Effort = 9/10

Poker Performance = 8/10

-----

Treacherous  (adj)

- Characterized by unforseen or hidden hazards. 

Pretty much sums up today. 

Bru - Tal. 

It's the best I have felt in myself in a long long time. 

I really hope it's a result of the continued health and diet improvement, and not just 1 of the many false dawns I've had lately where it's just a good day or 2 amongst a load of bad ones. 

So without even putting in any conscious effort to, I played alot of hands today !

Must be the biggest losing day since starting the bankroll challenge.

And I don't think I even played bad!

I clearly ran bad when all in, the graph shows that. 

What it doesnt show is the multitude of coolers I got hit with throughout the day. 

Everytime I was getting some momentum going, I'd get smacked back down again by losing a big pot. 

I guess it's just a normal day in the life of a grinder. 

But I'm no grinder, so OUCH!

After having my nut house bested by rivered quads, my nut flush beaten by a 2card straight flush, KK < AA over and over, Sets under bigger sets, etc etc  you start to think the night can't get any worse. 

And then you go the toilet and find out your poop is green. 

fml. 

“Why is my poop green?” is one of the most common questions English speakers ask Google

The most common reason for green stool is a dietary habit or change, such as being on a high-kale diet. Dark green vegetables contain a lot of chlorophyll, the chemical that allows plants to make energy from the sun. This can turn your Cleveland Brown into a Green Bay Packer. That doesn’t mean there’s something wrong. Keep eating those greens, kids. 

Phew. 

tyvm kale and spinnach smoothies. 

Apologies if TMI. 

Wont be the first or last time I've written a load of sh !te in here. 

------

So I'm almost exactly 45 squids down for the day. 

But I feel more positive coming out of this session than any I've played before. 

If I can keep putting 6 hour shifts in and enjoying them I'd like to think I repair the damage sooner rather than later :)

Roll = £1236.76

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited January 2016
    Start drinking beetroot juice - that'll get rid of the green issue ;-)

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,775
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Start drinking beetroot juice - that'll get ride of the green issue ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk

or guiness..scratch that soz ;)
    me spell checker dont work,its coming up that guiness is spelt wrong and wont correct,it doesn,t look right
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : or guiness..scratch that soz ;) me spell checker dont work,its coming up that guiness is spelt wrong and wont correct,it doesn,t look right
    Posted by stokefc

Guinness or Beetroot. Depends if you want black or red! It's like roulette innit? :)

• splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Guinness or Beetroot. Depends if you want black or red! It's like roulette innit? :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Knowing JJ's luck, he'll still get the green!
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Knowing JJ's luck, he'll still get the green!
    Posted by splashies
    <3  Quality. 

Top of the Posts winner there! :D 

----

Today has been kak on the tables again, I've played 3 x 1h sessions and cannot get anything going. 

My big Fri night grind has been delayed somewhat as I've joined the "Making a Murderer" hype/bandwagon and watched that all night instead of playing, so I'm just about to start. 

I feel a little tired now, but that will be due to the very early start for walkies this morning. 

I got a couple of pics of what I think is a pretty cool sunrise Donny sky.

Should be able to get a couple of hours in now at least, assuming the tiredness holds, the will to grind holds, and on the condition that I don't start tilting my nackers off. 

Final scores to follow. 

I feel a heater coming . . . . . . .  .
    edited January 2016

Not quite a heater, but a pleasant session to end what has been a torrid couple of days on the grind. 

I would say I played alot better yesterday over a similar sample size and finished 10 buyins worse off than I did today.

---------

Hand v a player who seems to be a regular, but I've not seen much of him.  (another Don comment)

We start 176xbb effective. 

He's 25/19 (300 hands), Opens the cutoff 25%, and the only time I've seen his hand when he called a 3b he had TT. 

I'm wondering if he even has any hands in his range at all that can call a shove here?

I know I can beat AK at showdown but I'm thinking AA/KK can't call if I turn my hand into a bluff? 

Or is that a little optimistic. 

They are by far his most likely hands, his range may even be capped at AA/KK only if he doesn't 4b AK this deep which wouldn't surprise me at all given experience of the general player pool.

Pot before I act otr is $10.70.

The effective stack is $12.30. 

PeteGibbons99 posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    Psssotnik posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Qs Qd ]
    gutentagpson has left the table.
    leofric111 raises [$0.30 USD]
    CaptainRex99 folds
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$0.85 USD]
    Psssotnik folds
    leofric111 raises [$2.20 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$1.60 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Js, Tc, 8s ]
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    leofric111 bets [$2.80 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$2.80 USD]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 7c ]
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    leofric111 checks
    ** Dealing River ** [ 7s ]
    Your time bank will be activated in 6 secs. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
    PeteGibbons99 ???

-----

On to the weekendddd.............

Roll = £1257ish. 
    edited January 2016

Saturday results

Only 1 hour of 10nl played, +$17.39.

1 x HU sng played = - $3.50. 

I had planned alot of hands yesterday but when looking at the mug coupon for the afternoons footy I saw Sheff Wed were at home. When I looked in to it, prices were reduced so I went along to fanboy over Ross McCormack. 

Very watchable game. Home win. Somehow. 

Been to Hillsborough 6/7 times, (admittedly not for 6/7 years) and each time I've been Sheff Wed seem rubbish yet always get the result. 

-----

Afterwards I was nackered, and had to quit after just 1 HU sng and get an early night. 

fwiw I got 'momo'd' in it :(

------

The weekly diet weigh in is now a bi weekly weigh in.

Because I forgot. 
    ------

Big volume Sundays incoming. 

Roll to take it on = somewhere in the region of £1266.57

Proper day of sport accross the BBC to go alongside. 

GL all taking it on today. 

edited January 2016

Alriiiiiiiiiii'd.

Made alot of sets today, that normally = win at cash games I've found. 

Roll = £1308.35

----

It's not all good news though. 

Whilst the official weigh in for the New Years diet/exercise hype has been delayed until the 14th becasue I forgot to do it on the 7th (obsess about the process, forget about results, right? ;), I have been unofficially weighing myself randomly when having a shower etc. 

We have some very old school scales where the measure thing spins round when you stand on them.

Without giving numbers, the reading had been going down since the initial weigh in. 

From very very heavy, to still very very heavy but not quite as heavy as Jan 1st. 

So I was encouraged. 

However I knew I needed a 'scales upgrade', and today the new ones arrived.

Proper digital ones. 

So there I was, hyped up, bragging about losing the weight to my family, as they are all stood in anticipation as I 'weigh in' on the new, shiny, posh digital scales. 

"What the F that can't be right? I've just weighed myself upstairs and it said I'm half a stone lighter than that!!!!"

"Do it again" my Mum replied. 

So I did. 

And the 2nd trial wnt up 1lb more !!!!

Not only did the new scales give a higher reading than my old ones did today, that reading was higher than the reading I took on Jan 1st, 10 days of extremely clean eating and exercise ago! 

fml. 

I'm officially one of those fat people in denial about scales being faulty.

Where did it go wrong!

----

On the positives, I started reading the book today. 

I went with the Mark Watson book, "eleven"

After 25 pages I managed to do what none of the people who have wrote a review on the book managed to do at any point it seems. 

Put it down. 

Still, it was ok. It will get better, no doubt. 

Murray ftw. 

-----

Decision time for the pre-sleep activity. 

I'm down to the final 2 episodes of making a murderer, or I could crack on with the book.

The old me would chose the TV everytime. 

I think the new me is going to as well.

But it's a less clearcut decision. So it's progress. 

Up for morning walkz tomorrow morning, 1 more week of them and I may start running!

Also more 10nl, I AM going to play higher stakes vvv soon,

I PROMISE ! 
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited January 2016

^^^^

Reading a book for half an hour before bedtime - or even better, in bed - is far more conducive to a good night's sleep than half an hour of TV.

"knackered" after going to football, or generally getting out & about? This is a good thing.

If I were your Manager, mentor or, Heaven forbid, parent, I'd insist you got good healthy exercise, & get out of the house every day, ideally, to do a day job & get some life focus outside of poker. Fortunately for us both, I'm not. ;)

Anyway, never mind the scale confusions, just stick at it & your weight will fall.

Good luck.  

edited January 2016
    ^^^^ Reading a book for half an hour before bedtime - or even better, in bed - is far more conducive to a good night's sleep than half an hour of TV. "knackered" after going to football, or generally getting out & about? This is a good thing.   If I were your Manager, mentor or, Heaven forbid, parent, I'd insist you got good healthy exercise, & get out of the house every day, ideally, to do a day job & get some life focus outside of poker. Fortunately for us both, I'm not. ;) Anyway, never mind the scale confusions, just stick at it & your weight will fall.   Good luck.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I am in the market for an exercise coach, TK. 

I offered my current diet coach, a long term sky poker priority member, the promotion which he declined. 

I think he's still annoyed with me because I 'ignored' his advice to make my own potato wedges, opting instead to buy a bag of healthy ones from tescos. 

pffft. 

"If you want me to do this and you aren't paying me, the least you can do is listen to my advice" he said. 

This is after he told me off for eating too much fruit!!!!

Which, after doing abit of my own research is 'a thing'. And highlights his value as a diet coach as I would never have guessed. 

But then later that day he started complaining he couldn't grind because the Big Mac and 2 apple pies he just ate from Mcdonalds made him feel lethargic.

Later he confessed to being a fizzy pop addict. 

With a diet coach like that, is it any wonder I'm getting fatter !!!!!!

"ayahhhhhh"

-----

I agree with you about the outdoor stuff, I am prioritising exercise above everything this year. 

I was up at 6.45am today, Out walking by 7.30. 

"Keep fit" used to be a really big thing in my life, believe it or not. Between the age of 16-20 I was a member of a gym almost constantly and went running at least 4/5 times a week. 

Polarised my exercise range somewhat though, by going from being extremely active to never moving for 6 years. 

So it's a slow process building things back up.

At least it was at first, I can start moving things on faster soon I hope. 

Would love to do something like the Great North Run 1 day! Long term goallllllll.