You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : But u know this is nonsense right? It's like you're Popeye and Strongbow's your spinach! Which is hokum. Clearly u have the game, but have a mental block of only executing it under the influence. If u can remove this psychological barrier from your mind, you're @ least doubling your profit-making potential overnight - I'm sure deep down u know this yourself. Re: Ricky & Karl - I have every radio podcast and animated series, love it! :-) (hadn't heard that clip b4, v.funny as usual).
    Posted by JingleMa
    Hey jingle.

Do you know fallen geniuses have complex minds. So I cant explain JJ's problem :).

I think you should keep the gooner baiting to a minimum though, especially after the last month!

PS Unlucky with the GUKPT, very impressive performance I hope you can take some comfort for running deep but it was a sick way to go out. Im sure youll get another chance in the TSP final, as for me im now back to being a casual weekend player so wont get anywhere near the TSP final.
  • Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited March 2012
    lol JJ a genius, wasted on some of questions he asks me..

BIG +1 to get drinking sorted would defo increase winnings and better for health

^ cant believe i jus said that with amount i drunk last night FML still have banging headache was that good ;) 
  • Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited March 2012
    lol JJ a genius, wasted on some of questions he asks me.. BIG +1 to get drinking sorted would defo increase winnings and better for health ^ cant believe i jus said that with amount i drunk last night FML still have banging headache was that good ;) 
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    That was pure tongue in cheek YG. PS are you paranoid about your nose?
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Hey jingle. Do you know fallen geniuses have complex minds. So I cant explain JJ's problem :). I think you should keep the gooner baiting to a minimum though, especially after the last month! PS Unlucky with the GUKPT, very impressive performance I hope you can take some comfort for running deep but it was a sick way to go out. Im sure youll get another chance in the TSP final, as for me im now back to being a casual weekend player so wont get anywhere near the TSP final.
    Posted by ACEGOONER

Ayop Ace, yeah it was sick but I genuinely had a great time and experience - hope I can qual4another live tournie soon!

Belated congrats on your job - I'm hoping to get better @ this sick game and go part-time later this year! Will be increasing my volume from Apr with my new desktop so will see how it goes.

As4gooner baiting - I can't ever stop that, no matter what the table says!

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2012
    Up early fo't'cricket, sick start from Jimmy!

This Sri Lankan batting line up looks strong all the way down though, not many weak spots so gonna be a tough day still imo.

Very impressed with the team btw, it's exactly as I called it 3 days ago. Obviously not ideal to lose the toss and have to bowl first, but there's still plenty of bowling options, and the most dynamic/adaptable lower middle order in the World, to back up a top 5 full of runs!

100% behind Ian Bell too, I dunno some 'pundits' are so quick to try and axe our World Class players, most of the people I talk to about cricket would have dropped KP a good 6 months ago.

Plonkers!

Talking of plonkers, what's Tony Greig doing commontating outside of Australia?

PLO cash vids.

After posting about PLO yest I remembered some vids I found a long time ago.

Really rate the guy who posted these, his NLHE MTT vids are really good too, all linked on his utube page.....

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Poker day today.

Couldn't have started much worse though with the England collapse in Sri Lanka!

Weird performance, surprisingly positive, yet so many soft dismissals. I hope this one fail doesn't put us off playing positively in the future. It's not like we've been over agro and been found out...

Broad and Strauss out to really soft, 'negative' sweep shots. Cook dismissal standard. Trott just made a total mess of a full toss. He didn't get out because he was trying to be aggressive, he just made a really poor 'stroke' ? If I can call it that. 

Often pitches that look like they're gonna be unplayable on day 4/5 flatten right out, and the turn is slow/low....

I reckon if we stay positive we can chase down 350. 

Ofc we could fail again and be all out for 150 chasing 350, but at least we'll give ourselves a chance. Never gonna get there by blocking!

I'm gonna stay positive anyway ;)

-------------------------------------------------

Poker today, I want another very boring/dull/unspectacular/modest winning session plz! :)

*** edit, Monty just smashes Herath down the ground for 4 followed by Jimmys epic Morgan-like reverse sweep for another 4. Positivity ftw! ;)
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited March 2012
    Sri Lanka require 194 runs at 9.70 runs per over to win. Wait, this isn't a T20? England's batting had me fooled...

I got evens on the last wicket not being out caught though, so made a few quid :)

EDIT: Still can't believe we picked Patel >_> Get Bairstow in the team already!
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited March 2012
    God you're well into your cricket aren't ya Doh. It's one sport I have just never been able to get into. Think I'd need someone to watch it with me and explain what it all means.

Good luck on your grind today...when does the drinking begin?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    God you're well into your cricket aren't ya Doh. It's one sport I have just never been able to get into. Think I'd need someone to watch it with me and explain what it all means. Good luck on your grind today...when does the drinking begin?
    Posted by Lambert180
    11.55 am :) 

Just signed for a load of ale from Tesco, pretty good offer on for strongbow lovers ;)

Panic buying innit! With em wanting to put prices up!! lol. 

Will start with the $1 6max Turbo on *'s, 2.5k gtd & the £50 gtd, £3.30 Velo rebuy on sky @ 12-30. 

#HighRoller.

-------------------------

Pingu, I like the Patel selection here, gives alot of options. Need 5 bowlers really, having Smittttt as the 5th is by far the best option imo. The alternative is Ravi, who I do think is an under-rated bowler, but Smit* gets the nod for me.

Lankans 129/1 in their 2nd innings, it's not over yet :))
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" :  Pingu, I like the Patel selection here, gives alot of options. Need 5 bowlers really, having Smittttt as the 5th is by far the best option imo. The alternative is Ravi, who I do think is an under-rated bowler, but Smit* gets the nod for me. Lankans 129/1 in their 2nd innings, it's not over yet :))
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'm not a fan of Patel tbh, picking him just reminds me of when we had Luke Wright in the ODI side, he was meant to be there to score a few runs at 7 and bowl a couple of overs, usually ended up doing neither :') Patel picked up 2 wickets, but they were gifted to him by the batsmen. Everyone's saying he's a good player of spin, but so was Morgan until 2 months ago, so was Bell until Ajmal bowled a doosra at him, and his first innings dismissal didn't really make him look like a particularly good player of spin... Just pick the 6th best batsman in the country IMO, simple ;)

Besides, Broad and Anderson bowled 35 overs, so I don't see why Swann and Monty couldn't bowl the remaining overs between them - Even if you have to throw the ball to Trott or KP for an over or two, or get an extra over out of Anderson in each spell - I'm sure Strauss could find the 9 overs he bowled from somewhere. I'd much rather see a proper batsman at 6 instead, Prior at 7, 2 spinners and 2 seamers, especially as batting is where we're having problems atm.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Well if we're having a chinwag about the cricketz...

Can't believe Eng are wasting their most potent overseas bowling attack for like forever AGAIN!

Just shows what a monumental achievement Nasser's team managed on the Pak+SL tour of 2001, winning both series!* (I never thought that got enough credit @ the time).

EvilP - Bairstow is not ready for test cricket yet, never mind test cricket in Asia! Did u c him doing his 'rabbit in headlights while simultaneously being tied in knots' impression during the ODI's in India? Patel is a calm and confident act, definitely the right choice in these conditions imo.

As Doh says, I'm always4optimism ftw - just so frustrating to c the batsman throw it away again - we should have @ least drawn vs Pak & looks like the bowlers' excellent work will be wasted again, even if we take the next 6 wickets for 20 - Bah!!

EDIT - to answer one of Doh's previous questions, "most under-rated international player", Samaraweera just been dismissed - they're teasing us...

2nd EDIT - *http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/mar/14/the-spin-england-sri-lanka-2001
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited March 2012
    cricket! played by boring people (apart from freddie) watched by worse!!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hasn't really gone to plan today.

Was playing on stars, a $11 HU knockout comp 260 entrants, top 8 paid. Bit like a bounty hunter, but FA cup style every game we win, we get $5. Bounties don;t increase though, it's just a straight fiver.

Got to the last 16, 1 off the money ($80 next, $475ish ftw)

Played horrible. 

Bad thing is tho, being superstitios, after game 1, I was rite thirsty.

So had a good drink of cider, like necked 1/2 a pint.

Ofc being superstitious, I did this after round 2 too.....

Few rounds later, I'd necked a load.

So now feeling like it's 10pm, but it's still sunny.

Still, maybe I can make it work?:S deffo no cash tho...................

Dizzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    cricket!  played by boring people (apart from freddie) watched by worse!!!!!
    Posted by pod1

And not understood by the brainless!!

Greatest field game ever invented. (poker the greatest table game obv).

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Hasn't really gone to plan today. Was playing on stars, a $11 HU knockout comp 260 entrants, top 8 paid. Bit like a bounty hunter, but FA cup style every game we win, we get $5. Bounties don;t increase though, it's just a straight fiver. Got to the last 16, 1 off the money ($80 next, $475ish ftw) Played horrible.  Bad thing is tho, being superstitios, after game 1, I was rite thirsty. So had a good drink of cider, like necked 1/2 a pint. Ofc being superstitious, I did this after round 2 too..... Few rounds later, I'd necked a load. So now feeling like it's 10pm, but it's still sunny. Still, maybe I can make it work?:S deffo no cash tho................... Dizzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Have u called Paul Mckenna yet?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    didnt think it would take long for a bite :-) ps golf is a better field game, at least your doing something for the whole time your playing it.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    didnt think it would take long for a bite :-) ps golf is a better field game, at least your doing something for the whole time your playing it.
    Posted by pod1

Lol yeah, knew u were just ribbing - but I like2give a bit back!

The Ryder Cup gets quite exciting, but the rest is just ruining a good walk.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    1 bloke throws it, i trys to hit it, 10 blokes standing up doing nowt and 9 seating down doing naff all and they call it a team sport :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    1 bloke throws it, i trys to hit it, 10 blokes standing up doing nowt and 9 seating down doing naff all and they call it a team sport :-)
    Posted by pod1

Lol yup, it's quality! :-)

Wasn't golf just invented to make it acceptable to wear tartan in public?

• Options
    ALFIE123ALFIE123 Member Posts: 287
    edited March 2012
    While everyone is bangin on about cricket. Why r england so bad at playing spin. We have possibly the best spin bowler in the world in swann and we have merlin the spin machine. I think that's wat it is called and yet our top 6 ain't got a clue.