You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    ok mate i think i got the video thing sussed. can you have a browse. 2 very long games, it ebbs and flows, punch and counter punch. the delicacies of this game are very refined and i hope you can  spot the  subtitle's.  you might even learn somethin :-) http://youtu.be/p3AkFDbGm70
    Posted by pod1
    Hey Pod, sorry about the late reply.

Lol @ your description of the games. I loaded the vid and saw the length of the video, and also that you were playing Pokerkinga, n realised str8 away u musta been taking the P! 

He's v aggressive.

I also watched ur vid against jinglema.

Wud be good if you could make some more and get em up whilst you have the free software, always like watching poker vids. 

Obv not much I can say about the 2 games against PK! Just well played really. I min raise the button against most players, especially aggressive ones. But I spose 2.5x is still fine.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I watched 3 or 4 of your matches against Munst yesterday, how did you do at end of day? understand if you dont want to post about strategy on here, but i was interested that you chose to continue with min raising btn perhaps 85% during early blind levels, even though you seemed to be getting called almost 100% seems like this just increases the variance in an already hi var game, if you dont have much fold equity. I guess on other hand he didnt seem to 3 bet much. Do you think there is ever any value in limping and playing flops - obv so long as you dothis with a balanced range of hands? would still like to play a few of these but £21 to rich for my blood. btw do you always single table these? 
    Posted by simonnatur
    Hey Simon.

Those games against Munst were an absolute disaster (as was the whole of that session). You're right I wasn't adapting at all to my opponent, was just getting stubborn and tilted and refusing to think about what I was doing, sacrificing the big edge that I have previously had against that opponent. 

100% agree that there is value in limping the button, both early on and in the later stages against the right type of opponents. I have previously done really well against Munst using this strategy, last Saturday was just a disaster from start to finish, I was on big tilt, had no momentum, and was just burning money. 

Happy to give you a game at any level you like, can play best of 7 @ £1 if you like?

Tomorrow, 4/5/6 pm? Or maybe later if you like. Let me know.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Lol, great thread Doh - sorry, I'm a "long time lurker, 1st time flasher" - oo er missus! I haven't checked out pokertube yet, do you have any s&g posters u wud recommend on there? I know you're well read up on your pokerz, but if you haven't already or if any1else is interested - I would really recommend the archive articles on: http://www.bluffmagazine.com/   Anyway, just wanted to say hi & pls keep posting (esp your convo's with Don / YG!) :) Priyesh (AKA PJ / Jingle).
    Posted by JingleMa
    Yo Jingle.

Again, sorry for the late reply. If you read my nxt post it will explain abit why I have ignored this thread this week.

I'm glad there are lurkers, thought I was talking to myself!!!

Pokertube, there are a group of regular guys that have been posting vids up for about a year, I wouldn't say any of them are great for strategy. They're not bad, but the vids are more entertaining than educational, good banter and stuff......

There are some v good MTT vids, from a guy called 'illigit' - can find them on youtube too, but nothing really on sit n go's. 

For sng vids would always reccommend the free trial on deuces cracked, get all the vids that interest you downloaded onto your desktop and cancel your trial. ez pz!

Thnx for the link, I've not looked yet but It's not a site I've seen before so will check it out tomorrow morning before tomorrows session.

There were a couple of amusing convos with Moobs last night but I forgot to paste them up.

I thought it would be funny to ask him.....

"If he was a cartoon character, and lived in cartoon land, would he rather crack on with Lois Griffin, or Marge Simpson?"

It was obvious from his answer and explanation than he had deffo thought about it before! lolololol

I didn't even realise Lois was more curvy than Marge!!!...................   :s

Also, who knew that Kuala Lumpur was in South Africa?????????? :O:O:O

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Aight general apology for not updating the thread since Last Sat morning. 

Had a really bad session on Saturday. Wasn't really the amount I lost, just the way I lost it. Played awful in the HU sngs, got into that mood where I didn't even care I was losing, and it P'd me off.

I realise that it de-values the thread if I only ever post my results when I'm winning. 

Like the guy who sits in the bookies everyday who tells you once every 2 months about the big win he had. Forgetting to mention the hundreds he's lost inbetween. 

Fwiw I lost £176 in the HU sngs last Saturday. I then played cash and lost a buy in @ 100nl, getting AJ in pre flop from the small blind v Kyzersauze's TT on the button in an agro 3 handed game that also included TommyD.

If it wasn't for the Cheltenham Fest this week, I wouldn't have played poker, but couldn't resist. Once I had a few beers I knew I'd be up for a game.

Luckily It went well, I ran golden in the rematch with Alfie. I think he's still up against me, but I'm not far behind now. 

I also won abit @ 100nl, got a £250 pot when I 3b AK, and faced a strong donk lead into me on AT5, followed by a turn shove on a blank 7......

Was relieved to see AJ rather than A5 or A7s or something, and even more relieved to see the river brick off. 

Fun to win @ poker again.

--------------------------------

Anyway I've decided to stop posting results formally after a session, it's just too soul crushing to update after a big losing session, when all you wanna do is forget about poker altogether for a few days.

Idk, this whole thread is pretty informal, think it's better like that, so will see how it goes. 

Moving forward, I'm gonna get back into playing some cash, with HU sngs to start and maybe end sessions. 

The goal remains to finish in top 5 of the sng skope l/board for the year, but abit of time off playing sngs wont hinder that too much.

Back on it tomorrow, Friday night cash session, anything could happen, so don't be surprised if I go into hiding again. Then again I could wake up @ 7am on Saturday morning bragging about winning a load!

Results orientated posting ftw.

Run gud all!
  • Options
    simonnatursimonnatur Member Posts: 330
    edited March 2012
    I've been playing on a netbook and dodgy internet connection so not ideal. Problem is I cant see table in full size to find you and contact via chat box. will be back home this eve so will try and give you a HU game.

I've only really tried a few HU hypers yesterday at £5/10 and lower , but really enjoyed it. Plus caught on to how profitable these can be - a few games won in 3 or 4 hands and the C4P really rack up.

I think cash was getting a bit stale, so will be spending some time on these. Only worry is whether I'll be able to cope with live full ring cash games after a few days of this.  It's kinda fun playing nearly every hand.
  • Options
    simonnatursimonnatur Member Posts: 330
    edited March 2012
    re: Saturday...    I checked you out on sscope, your graph still doesnt look too shabby :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Evening readers!

Having a break away from the tables to write some diary stuff. 

Decent day so far, I've been 'messing' in a few of skys afternoon tournys, won the first velo' @ 12-30, came 2nd in the next, then played well in the next few without reward.

If Don is reading, I won 47.85% of flips when I was ahead pre flop, and 47.85% of flips when I was behind pre flop, work that 1 out!

As for 70/30's in my favour I won em all.

70/30's against? I never get my money in bad, that's where u're going wrong ;)

------------------------------------------------

2 big discussion points recently on the site, on different threads.

1) antes

2) rakeback

Imo......

1) antes

Sky are making a humongooooose mistake by ignoring antes, 'They' seem to have them very low on their list of priorities. It's quite worrying that they've got this list so wrong....

Above it, they have stuff like re-sizeable tables? And stuff like 'action tables' & 'cash for points widgets' ? 

Some readers probably know a high stakes player called Kyzersauze, he plays the big cash games here, and won 125 quid off me the other week :(

One of his firsts posts on skys forum, nearly 2 years ago was to express his dismay at the lack of antes.

It's not even debateable, imo, the site needs antes.

TK's response (imo not neccesserily his own opinon) was that only a small %age of MTT's on here need antes.

My pretty obvious reply to that (without saying I 100% disagree, which I do) , is only a small %age of the tournys on here are worth playing! So that 2/3% is the most important %, and should be treated as such. 

Nothing has really changed on here since the download client arrived. I can't think of anything.........

2) rakeback

This one is very very easy for me to give an opinion on.

I personally could not give a flying fluck about rakeback, If I had it my way no1 wud get any, but obviously that isn't practical.

I would support that rakeback system that encourages a wider range of ppl to play on the site......

It seems from reading the sticky/AJSvBeaneh thread, that the debate is, would you prefer more rakeback? or softer cash tables?

How is this even a decision?

Unless you actually play poker for rakeback, this is a no brainer?

100% softer tables????

I used to (last year) grind 30nl, 15 days a month, and turned over a very nice amount of money.

At the end of the month, I'd be credited with between 2-3 buy ins as a C4P bonus. It was nice obv, but nothing compared to what I'd win from playing the games.

If sky thinks that the new rakeback system will make the games more attractive to a wider range of people, they shud deffo change it imo!

------------------------------

Btw the issue about the people waiting HU for 'fish' is ridiculous.

On more than one occasion this month I've tried to sit with AJS, Gliterbabe, Dimsumday, Macskyver, Godzilla, extension, gerrard9 & bretticus HU but they wont play.

Who are you waiting for exactly ^^^^^ ???????

Only reg HU guy I aint tried is zing, coz I know he'll play. and win. lol.

Signing off /rant

• Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re::
    Btw the issue about the people waiting HU for 'fish' is ridiculous. On more than one occasion this month I've tried to sit with AJS, Gliterbabe, Dimsumday, Macskyver, Godzilla, extension, gerrard9 & bretticus HU but they wont play. Who are you waiting for exactly ^^^^^ ??????? Only reg HU guy I aint tried is zing, coz I know he'll play. and win. lol. Signing off /rant
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Haha love it! Such bummers...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I forgot to mention 'Ianbeale' :P
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited March 2012
    i played zing once, never again:-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    i will try and get a few up later bud

• Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited March 2012
    i played zing once, never again:-)
    Posted by pod1
    He's the only person who when I was speculating in the lobby, I just thought "NO"
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    all i remember was i was playing nl100 very drunk, hit me fh on the turn and he hit quads on river. then i felt sick and went to bed. everytime i go into kfc and see that word i come over all clammy !

• Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited March 2012
    Lol @ Pod1.

Great post JJ both about antes and the rakeback. I don't really have much of an opinion on the C4P, obviously the stay of play required at micro stakes means I'd probably get a bit less but you have to absolutely hammer 4NL just to scrape 500 points and after the amount of hours needed, you could be up £50-£100 through profit anyway, making the C4P of 1 buyin pretty insignificant.

Antes on the other hand, I'm gonna take yours (and others) word on the importance of these. My only thoughts were that a vast majority of the MTTs here end in a final table where most people have about 10BBs give or take. But then hey, maybe that just forces you to adapt and alter your shoving/calling ranges even from that short a stack. Either way I think they should be included on tournies with better structures.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Played rly well, won tonnes HU, won a few MTT's.

Feeling good, went to play Hu.

First hand.............
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    godzilla13 Small blind  £1.00 £1.00 £199.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £2.00 £3.00 £198.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

godzilla13 Raise  £5.00 £8.00 £194.00
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £16.00 £24.00 £182.00
    godzilla13 Call  £12.00 £36.00 £182.00
    Flop

• K

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £26.00 £62.00 £156.00
    godzilla13 Call  £26.00 £88.00 £156.00
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £50.00 £138.00 £106.00
    godzilla13 All-in  £156.00 £294.00 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £106.00 £400.00 £0.00
    godzilla13 Show
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • A

River

godzilla13 Win Straight to the 8 £399.00  £399.00
    1 day I will take a shot and it will work :)

sighhhhhhhhhhhh gg, gn :(
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    dont you just hate that!!!!
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2012
    all i remember was i was playing nl100 very drunk, hit me fh on the turn and he hit quads on river. then i felt sick and went to bed. everytime i go into kfc and see that word i come over all clammy !
    Posted by pod1
    lol

p.s nice diaryage dohhhhhhh
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Posted by pod1
    Going there this morning, any tips on what to buy?

Normally just go with the Big Daddy meal, but I'm sure there must be summat better. Get your suggestions in before 11-30am!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    family feast (only white meat).
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    family feast (only white meat).
    Posted by pod1
    They only sell chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!