You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,581
    edited March 2012

Interesting reply.  Surprised about the alcohol tho! I just assumed it was a ruse to attract players to your tables!!   Personally, i've found that if I play when I've had a drink I take more risks and spew chips at an alarming rate! lol  But hey if it works for you don't change it!  My poker has been going well (on another site where I'vediscovered Zoom -it's right up you're street! !)  Only a rec player 3/4 nites a week but REALLY enjoying it and DEF improving. Not had to deposit for a while which is good.  The more I improve tho I realise how much I DON'T know about poker!  (if that makes sense?)  I've only dipped an expensive toe in the water with regards cash tho. ;-(
    Keep posting as I'm sure there are lots of lurkers!
    run good
    pad

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2012

Aight, £5 Time Tourny, 5 min levels, I bust level 4, so all these happened within 15 minutes.

Started off by making the nuts on the flop....

1)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    yuta Small blind   25.00 25.00 2025.00
    purins24 Big blind   50.00 75.00 1900.00
      Your hole cards

simonpil19 Call   50.00 125.00 1550.00
    xanthia Call   50.00 175.00 1850.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call   50.00 225.00 1800.00
    stevelly31 Fold        
    yuta Call   25.00 250.00 2000.00
    purins24 Check        
    Flop

2)
    xanthia Small blind   75.00 75.00 2225.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind   150.00 225.00 2400.00
      Your hole cards

stevelly31 Call   150.00 375.00 2200.00
    yuta Fold        
    simonpil19 Call   150.00 525.00 3800.00
    xanthia Call   75.00 600.00 2150.00
    DOHHHHHHH Check        
    Flop

3)
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind
    75.00 75.00 5225.00
    stevelly31 Big blind   150.00 225.00 1900.00
      Your hole cards

yuta Call   150.00 375.00 700.00
    topes34 Fold        
    simonpil19 Call   150.00 525.00 3650.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call   75.00 600.00 5150.00
    stevelly31 Check        
    Flop

• A
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Check
    4)
    simonpil19 Small blind   75.00 75.00 3500.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind   150.00 225.00 4300.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

stevelly31 Call   150.00 375.00 1600.00
    yuta Fold        
    topes34 Fold        
    simonpil19 Call   75.00 450.00 3425.00
    DOHHHHHHH Raise   600.00 1050.00 3700.00
    stevelly31 Call   600.00 1650.00 1000.00
    simonpil19 Call   600.00 2250.00 2825.00
    Flop

• J

simonpil19 Check      

4 times....

Then the most ridiculously played hand I've ever seen, I'm sure this guy is so aware of my spew-tastic nature, that he believes if he checks behind a third time, I'll still manage to gift him my stack somehow.

DOHHHHHHH Big blind   300.00 300.00 4500.00
      Your hole cards
    • J

PEMBY Fold        
    yuta Fold        
    topes34 Fold        
    xxx Call   300.00 600.00 7400.00
    DOHHHHHHH Check        
    Flop

DOHHHHHHH Check        
    xxx Check        
    Turn

• A

DOHHHHHHH Check        
    xxx Check        
    River

• K

DOHHHHHHH Check        
    xxx Check        
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • J

xxx Show

xxx Win Full House, 6s and 7s 600.00   8000.0

And then I bust in Spewtastic fashion, refusal to fold and all that. You don't wanna see that, u seen it all b4 :P

Btw, here is the end to "flop the nuts hand 3"
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind
    75.00 75.00 5225.00
    stevelly31 Big blind   150.00 225.00 1900.00
      Your hole cards

yuta Call   150.00 375.00 700.00
    topes34 Fold        
    simonpil19 Call   150.00 525.00 3650.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call   75.00 600.00 5150.00
    stevelly31 Check        
    Flop

• A
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Check        
    stevelly31 Check        
    yuta Check        
    simonpil19 Check        
    Turn

• K

DOHHHHHHH Bet   450.00 1050.00 4700.00
    stevelly31 Call   450.00 1500.00 1450.00
    yuta Call   450.00 1950.00 250.00
    simonpil19 Fold        
    River

DOHHHHHHH Bet   1500.00 3450.00 3200.00
    stevelly31 Fold        
    yuta All-in   250.00 3700.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet   1250.00 2450.00 4450.00
    DOHHHHHHH Show

yuta Show
    • A
    • A

yuta Win Four Aces 2450.00   2450.00
    Unreal! Well worth the 5r entry fee though, good fun ;)

• Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited March 2012
    C'mon Dohhhhhhh, you can do it, it's time to get back to your old ways. Good luck to you.

I'm only saying this because I want to see you succeed; we can all see you've got a great poker brain, but only playing when you're under the influence is always going to limit your potential imo. If you could kick that habit you'd be capable of higher volume and better results. You're always open and honest, I'm sure you'll have explained the reasons why this situation has arisen before, but I think it's what's prevented you fulfilling your full potential.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    C'mon Dohhhhhhh, you can do it, it's time to get back to your old ways. Good luck to you. I'm only saying this because I want to see you succeed; we can all see you've got a great poker brain, but only playing when you're under the influence is always going to limit your potential imo. If you could kick that habit you'd be capable of higher volume and better results. You're always open and honest, I'm sure you'll have explained the reasons why this situation has arisen before, but I think it's what's prevented you fulfilling your full potential.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Wish I could sort it mate, I don't even think it's a life problem, the last thing I wanna do in a morning is drink beer. That's every day, not just 'scheduled' playing days.....

I never ever (ok vvvv rarely) drink alcohol nowardays unless I'm playing poker. Even then I have to force myself to do it most of the time. 

Prob best I reply to this post & jinglemas post when sober, rather than half way thru a session, but I've just played 2x £21 HU hypers (won1, lost1). £21 HU's are my usual game, I have 1,000 buy ins in my allocated roll, and more on top if needed, yet because I'm only abit tipsy, was absolutely brickin it! lol.

Normally wait till 7/8pm until I'm bladdered before taking up those stakes.

Was lucky to get out with a win tbh, back to the 5's n 10's!

• Options
    Giant811Giant811 Member Posts: 613
    edited March 2012
    Dear Dohhhhhhhhh,

Please update more often, this diary is getting better and better.

Whether the whole "no drink no poker" schtick is real or a level it always brings a smile to my face.

Gl with your pokers, I wish I could find a game at the stakes/volume you play where I have a significant edge. But playing just for fun is not at all bad.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Dear Dohhhhhhhhh, Please update more often, this diary is getting better and better. Whether the whole "no drink no poker" schtick is real or a level it always brings a smile to my face. Gl with your pokers, I wish I could find a game at the stakes/volume you play where I have a significant edge. But playing just for fun is not at all bad.
    Posted by Giant811

Realyyyyyyy apptrciate the post giant!

LETS GO P L 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Do you ever play HU PLO? If not, is it because of lack of opponents or because you only play hold'em?

In my own fit of madness I multitabled PLO, LO8 and Stud hi MTTs with predictably disastrous results. And I was sober!
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited March 2012
    Do you ever play HU PLO? If not, is it because of lack of opponents or because you only play hold'em? In my own fit of madness I multitabled PLO, LO8 and Stud hi MTTs with predictably disastrous results. And I was sober!
    Posted by Giant811
    I would be VERY impressed to see a player comfortably multi-tabling them 3 games at the same time!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Morning. 

Got one of those "wake up @ 6am feeling awful, then wake up again @ midday and feel ok" hangovers. 

Horrible now, but not a bad 1 in the long run :P 

Hangovers are a never ending game ;)

Maybe I should do a blog on them? haaaaa. 

----------------------------------------------

True story this, I believe the clocks have gone forward again? My bedroom clock (1st thing I look at most days) has been an hour fast for the last, however long it's been since I was supposed to turn it back.......

So now without me touching it, it's right again?

"Nothing ever changes by staying the same" ???

^^^^ B/S! lol

I had a good day yesterday, not great, but solid again, stringing a few together now. Donny wasn't built in a day :) Although if you have a walk round here you might think it was.

Played 47 games, for $221 profit w/22% ROI. 

(+140 in £££)

Diary has gotten abit negative recently, so gonna post my graph for the year so far playing HU sngs. It's not all doom n gloom, although it's not great. I've reached my peak profit for the year. 

Keep banging on about it but without the $1k downswing it would look alot healthier. Wish I could just delete those krazy few days. Wud be nice if we cud do that :(

Graph

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    DOHHHHHHH  1,449$1  $23  5%$1,043  HotN/ASkyPoker1/1/2012 3/25/2012 Heads Up SNG Onlyx

Within $200 of the elusive leaderboard spot.  Maybe next time :)

I will reply to all posts this afternoon, starting from Mr Jingles'*. Altho I dunno what I'm gonna say to that 1 :S 

• Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2012
    Morning.  Got one of those "wake up @ 6am feeling awful, then wake up again @ midday and feel ok" hangovers.  Horrible now, but not a bad 1 in the long run :P  Hangovers are a never ending game ;) Maybe I should do a blog on them? haaaaa.  ---------------------------------------------- True story this, I believe the clocks have gone forward again? My bedroom clock (1st thing I look at most days) has been an hour fast for the last, however long it's been since I was supposed to turn it back....... So now without me touching it, it's right again? "Nothing ever changes by staying the same" ??? ^^^^ B/S! lol I had a good day yesterday, not great, but solid again, stringing a few together now. Donny wasn't built in a day :) Although if you have a walk round here you might think it was. Played 47 games, for $221 profit w/22% ROI.  (+140 in £££) Diary has gotten abit negative recently, so gonna post my graph for the year so far playing HU sngs. It's not all doom n gloom, although it's not great. I've reached my peak profit for the year.  Keep banging on about it but without the $1k downswing it would look alot healthier. Wish I could just delete those krazy few days. Wud be nice if we cud do that :( Graph http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2kgdnq&s=5 Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter DOHHHHHHH    1,449 $1   $23   5% $1,043   Hot N/A SkyPoker 1/1/2012 3/25/2012 Heads Up SNG Only x Within $200 of the elusive leaderboard spot.  Maybe next time :) I will reply to all posts this afternoon, starting from Mr Jingles' * . Altho I dunno what I'm gonna say to that 1 :S  *  http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=am71aa&s=5
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

LOL!

More early morning  posts pls

and +1 for the hangover diary.... I could join u on that one! :)
  • Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re::
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Wish I could sort it mate, I don't even think it's a life problem, the last thing I wanna do in a morning is drink beer. That's every day, not just 'scheduled' playing days..... I never ever (ok vvvv rarely) drink alcohol nowardays unless I'm playing poker. Even then I have to force myself to do it most of the time.  Prob best I reply to this post & jinglemas post when sober, rather than half way thru a session, but I've just played 2x £21 HU hypers (won1, lost1). £21 HU's are my usual game, I have 1,000 buy ins in my allocated roll, and more on top if needed, yet because I'm only abit tipsy, was absolutely brickin it! lol. Normally wait till 7/8pm until I'm bladdered before taking up those stakes. Was lucky to get out with a win tbh, back to the 5's n 10's!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Invest some of that poker roll in a physcho analyst, it is definately a mind thing. Overcome it, play sober and make a nice living. I'm not saying you're mad or anything(but on second thoughts....) but it would definately be an eye opener for the doc ! 

Its a question of understanding why you feel uncomfortable playing above 10 quid when your sober. solve that problem and not only will you make more money, youll be more healthy. 

• Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited March 2012
    I know you've had your swings (who hasn't), but like you say it's not all 'doom and gloom', +5% is a very impressive return over a big sample of turbo/hyper HU matches. Double the volume to double your profit, simple! Play full time and you'd make a fortune with C4P on top.
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited March 2012

I think Ace&Gary r spot on. (a gooner talking sense - who knew?).

Maybe c a hypnotist? It seems if u stopped taking the happy juice, u'd @ least double ur profits!!

Blimey, it's pm already - hate the clocks going forward! 
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Physcho analyst? - Is that Carlo on life tilt?

It's not just playing sober, it's playing well. When I try it, I dunno what buttons to click, I can't hand read and think properly, I'm so used to being trollied! haaaa.

Anyway I don't think there's any need for psychos and hypnotists!! lololol

Stage 2 of the hangover kicking in now, nowhere near as bad as 6am :)

My TV wont turn on, so I've turned to youtube for entertainment until I get up. Any Gervais fans need to watch this. You might have already, but it's very lol!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Do you ever play HU PLO? If not, is it because of lack of opponents or because you only play hold'em? In my own fit of madness I multitabled PLO, LO8 and Stud hi MTTs with predictably disastrous results. And I was sober!
    Posted by Giant811
    Hi again Giant, sorry I didn't reply properly yest I think you posted around the time I'd just started playing properly. 

I would love to be able to play PLO......

I've dabbled in the past, playing some 6max cash on here and 888...

I just can't figure out where the edge is? It seems at the lower/mid stakes, the skill is good hand selection? Identifying dangerous boards, constantly assessing your hand strength in relation to the board texture?

Basically, to me, PLO is all about my hand, and the board. Rather than reading and outplaying other players?

It seems to me that anyone can be taught good hand selection, and how to make the nuts....so where is the edge???

There obviously is one, but I can't find it!

It doesn't help that I haven't really read up on PLO, haven't really watched any PLO coaching/theory videos either. Do you have any links/reccommended reading for it?

Any sites where you watch videos?

I asked about a year ago and apparently there's not many good PLO books out there, so maybe some strategy articles on some site somewhere I dunno.

As for HU PLO, very little experience playing this, be it cash or sng.....

I know the PLO/PLO8 HU sng games on sky are dominated by a very small pool of players. They have insane ROI's, obviously taking advantage of the high %age of PLO newbies on sky....

You're a competent PLO player, why not give em a go? I've no idea what ROI to expect with them long term, these PLO guys, jason/bloodykk are maintaining unrealistic ROI's imo. I asked TommyD what ROI to expect long term when he was on the show, he said between 5-10%, probably leaning more towards 5% with the varience.....

I came across a HORSE MTT final table vid few weeks back. Even though I didn't understand most the games, I found it quite interesting. $215 buy in, so should be high level, but not sure how good the guy recording it is. Seemed to do some weird stuff!

More entertaining than educational ^

Thnx 4 ur post, any PLO references that can turn me into a PLO whizz would be appreciated! :)

..... I know that's a tall order ^^^ :P

• Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Hi again Giant, sorry I didn't reply properly yest I think you posted around the time I'd just started playing properly.  I would love to be able to play PLO...... I've dabbled in the past, playing some 6max cash on here and 888... I just can't figure out where the edge is? It seems at the lower/mid stakes, the skill is good hand selection? Identifying dangerous boards, constantly assessing your hand strength in relation to the board texture? Basically, to me, PLO is all about my hand, and the board. Rather than reading and outplaying other players? It seems to me that anyone can be taught good hand selection, and how to make the nuts....so where is the edge??? There obviously is one, but I can't find it! It doesn't help that I haven't really read up on PLO, haven't really watched any PLO coaching/theory videos either. Do you have any links/reccommended reading for it? Any sites where you watch videos? I asked about a year ago and apparently there's not many good PLO books out there, so maybe some strategy articles on some site somewhere I dunno. As for HU PLO, very little experience playing this, be it cash or sng..... I know the PLO/PLO8 HU sng games on sky are dominated by a very small pool of players. They have insane ROI's, obviously taking advantage of the high %age of PLO newbies on sky.... You're a competent PLO player, why not give em a go? I've no idea what ROI to expect with them long term, these PLO guys, jason/bloodykk are maintaining unrealistic ROI's imo. I asked TommyD what ROI to expect long term when he was on the show, he said between 5-10%, probably leaning more towards 5% with the varience..... I came across a HORSE MTT final table vid few weeks back. Even though I didn't understand most the games, I found it quite interesting. $215 buy in, so should be high level, but not sure how good the guy recording it is. Seemed to do some weird stuff! http://www.pokertube.com/free-poker-videos?movie=18917&title=HORSE_FT_with_Rikard_Feb_26 More entertaining than educational ^ Thnx 4 ur post, any PLO references that can turn me into a PLO whizz would be appreciated! :) ..... I know that's a tall order ^^^ :P
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Great post DOHHHHHHHHH.

I absolutely see where you're coming from re PLO. I wish there was more PLO talk on 865 and in the clinic so I could get a better understanding. In low stakes MTTs there are enough players who think AAxx is the nuts or who can't fold the 2nd nuts to a river check-raise, so sitting tight and waiting for spots is a viable strategy for going deep. A major drawback is that once it gets to the bubble and beyond I tend to have a smallish stack. But I'm reasonably confident in my short-stack play, but you're never that far ahead in PLO if you get it in pre.

I've dabbled in PLO cash without any succes, but I think I'm a losing cash player in every game I tried, maybe even-ish in Stud, so I rarely play cash. I guess you have to play either super aggro and take a lot of small pots before showdown or super tight and hope to win enough big pots to make up for all the times you fold after missing the flop. For me playing 100bb+ deep is really tricky. Even with good aces you rarely can get enough of your stack in pre to be comfortable, and there won't be too many flops you will be comfortable with against a range of lower pairs, rundowns and flush draws. 

Blatant brag: I won a 300bb+ pot yesterday when I 4-bet AAK2s for 75% of my stack and they somehow held up 5-way. But that is the exception (both the holding and getting stacks in pre).

I'm aware of one book aimed at hold'em players transitioning to PLO: Tri Nguyen - Transitioning from NLHE to PLO. It's strictly for PLO cash, but quite interesting with some detailed maths background as well.

I think the edge comes once you can successfully bluff draws you don't have and value bet/call without the nuts. I'm not anywhere near that (yet).

But even without being great at it PLO/PLO8 is such great fun.

Thanks for the link, I will have a look later. I have acquired tons of poker vids, but probably less than 5% are for PLO and I don't think any of them cover MTTs. So if you come across anything please let me know.

I'm always happy to talk PLO, and if you ever want to have a friendly game (low stakes please) I'm up for it.
  • Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited March 2012
    I went out to town last night for a friends birthday, he's so annoying when drunk cos he runs away every 5 minutes :/

I've never actually had a hangover no matter how much I drink... Wake up feeling so good cos I get a much better nights sleep then I usually do
  • Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited March 2012
    I went out to town last night for a friends birthday, he's so annoying when drunk cos he runs away every 5 minutes :/ I've never actually had a hangover no matter how much I drink... Wake up feeling so good cos I get a much better nights sleep then I usually do
    Posted by Poker_Fail

Thats coz your only 18 and still drinking pop..........
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited March 2012
    Physcho analyst? - Is that Carlo on life tilt? It's not just playing sober, it's playing well. When I try it, I dunno what buttons to click, I can't hand read and think properly, I'm so used to being trollied! haaaa. Anyway I don't think there's any need for psychos and hypnotists!! lololol Stage 2 of the hangover kicking in now, nowhere near as bad as 6am :) My TV wont turn on, so I've turned to youtube for entertainment until I get up. Any Gervais fans need to watch this. You might have already, but it's very lol! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-a7t4f1Fck&feature=related
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

But u know this is nonsense right? It's like you're Popeye and Strongbow's your spinach! Which is hokum.

Clearly u have the game, but have a mental block of only executing it under the influence. If u can remove this psychological barrier from your mind, you're @ least doubling your profit-making potential overnight - I'm sure deep down u know this yourself.

Re: Ricky & Karl - I have every radio podcast and animated series, love it! :-) (hadn't heard that clip b4, v.funny as usual).

• Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Thats coz your only 18 and still drinking pop..........
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    19 now, feel so old :(