You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• simonnatursimonnatur Member Posts: 330
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1qtsLfZWWQ&feature=related
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

genius..  How have you not watched Peeep Show ????  you really need to get round to it.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2012

Morning.
    No updates for a couple of days. No worries though I haven't blown my roll or anything just had 2 days off.

Played on Tuesday, was another quietish afternoon and early evening.

Last comp of the night was the £5 speed rebuy, that I managed to take down for about £110.

DOHHHHHHH930001£110
    IDONKCALLU02£66
    Davejames203£44
    GREGHOGG04 
    boycs36505 
    dennis194606
    This tournament is gnteed @ £100. It reguarly hits between £150-250 in the prizepool. Logged on Wednesday afternoon to see they had removed it and replaced it with a £2, £500 gtd speed rebuy.

Why would they do this?

Yes, it's good to have new bigger turbo comps. But not at the expense of the ones that already exist and work well! But whatever.

Just put the new comp in @ 10-30, where there's a massive gap in turbo schedule!

(turbo mtts between 10pm 1 night and 7-50pm the next with a gntee above £50 = ZERO)

Anyway, moan over. For now. Prob start again later in the post when something else P's me off.

Rubdown first anyway. Early-ish stages of that 5r I won, and I was put on the same table as Lambo.

Lambo divides opinion on the forum, alot of people like him, some people don't, and a few people really don't. It's quite funny sometimes talking to him, and I'm like, "you see x, x and x had a pop at you today on the forum?" lololol.

I can see why some forum readers do get annoyed by him, as he posts alot and comes across as really enthusiastic on the forum. Overly enthusiastic people annoy me also, although they shouldn't, it's just like "get p1ssed off with something 1 time and stop being so cheerful".

Anyway off forum he's really not like that, does get tilted quite abit and can have a laugh, at himself and others. So I'm sure he wont mind me posting this hand up. Esp after he (and Hoggers) had the cheek to rub me down on my own thread last week!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if Lambo goes on to be a pro poker player and win ukipts, epts, wsops, I'll never ever let him forget this hand!

It's important I post it so I always have a reference to it ;)

hahahaaaaaaa pifvpijewiojcoejvf lol
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  75.00 75.00 4525.00
    garth01 Big blind  150.00 225.00 3757.50
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

toontoon24 Fold     
    justlead Fold     
    xxx Call  150.00 375.00 2075.00
    Lambert180 All-in  4955.00 5330.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  4525.00 9855.00 0.00
    garth01 Fold     
    xxxFold     
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet  355.00 9500.00 355.00
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • A

Lambert180 Show
    • Q

Flop

• J

Turn

River

DOHHHHHHH Win Pair of Aces 9500.00  9500.00
    I have no idea wtf he was thinking! I've xxx'd the limper out coz he is kinda key to it all. He's a massive fish, he's been limp/calling everything and doesn't like to fold. Which makes it even more crazy! lolol

Actually looks like chip dumping!!!!!!!

Anyway I went on to boss this tournament after this hand, hit loads of cards, coolered people, won flips, and had more than double 2nd place chips from like 15 left to the FT.

It was all going well until I had a scare on the bubble. But managed to survive, and shake off the Donk HU. Donk is a bubble master.

I guess I need to balance by giving myself a rub down....

It was about 11-30 when this comp finished and I fancied another few beers, so 4 tabled nl25 on FTP.

I did alright, it's a totally different game playing their cash players it's so much more aggressive. It also feels like 'free money' to me on other sites, it always has done. Where I'm a BR nit on sky, over on other sites I'm quite care-free in comparison.

I was up about $50, coming to the end of the session.

Have quite an agro dynamic with this guy playing with a penguin avatar. (yes that's significant).

I have 5s, and he 3bets me from the blinds. We're playing about 175xbb deep so I can call in position.

Flop comes 467 with 2 hearts.

He cbets, ofc. And I call.

Turn is an off suit 6.

He bets again, and I make the call.

The river is a 7 of hearts, making the board read 4h 6h 7x 6x 7h.

My opponent shoves.

I'm trying really hard to think this one through, I'm at the very end of a 12 hour drinking session here, the screens are starting to get blurry, so I needed some time.

Time Bank! woooo.

So I'm thinking, surelyyyyyyyyy to god he slows down this river with overpairs. It couldn't look more scary for Aces now.

Can he have a flush? Maybe.

He doesn't have a full house v often, not many 7s or 6s in his 3b range.

Meh, I'm drunk, I'm tired, I'm up even if I lose this hand, and I'm very curious. I'm 100% logging off and going to bed wether I call and win or call and lose.

So I call.

He has K8 of hearts, so got there on the river.

meh. Tick "sit out nxt bb on all tables" and start closing out the session.

I see the guy in the chat box. Thought this was unusual them talking as they're all normally on about 12 tables each. He'd given me a rubdown.

"Tough call bro"

I don't mind chatbox rubdowns (unless it's sum1 rubbing down a fish. Maybe he was in his mind ;)), but I decided to reply, as I was down to 2 tables and winding down....

"Yeh, nice hand m8 it was a bad call by me" was my reply.

"Even if Im bluffing I can beat 5 high"

"you what m8?"

"you had 5 high....."

"wtf?"

****desperately clicking through hand history trying to find the hand****

"iushdduhuicfehruihuiehriuheiurhurih ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wtf lololol"

"don't worry bro we all make mistakes, gl"

lol!!! fkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

So I was obsessed so much about what he might have, that I totally forgot about my own hand, and that I'd been counterfitted on the river when the board double paired!

In my mind, I had a bluff catcher, so it didn't really matter what I had, he was polarised and either had it all, or nothing!

fml.

So if lambo looked like he was chip dumping to me in the Speedament, wtf must that river call have looked like to others????

<3 Poker. lol.

Anyway apologies for the long post.

I am now a year older. The last year of poker has been pretty rubbish, I've made good profit, but nothing compared to what I made 2, 3 or 4 years ago.

I've decided I'm gonna run insanely good this year, and win some big tournaments somewhere. Starting today.

Of course, with the 2.20 @ 2.20 ;)

Not gonna mention cricket. The post is long enough, and I've used up my rant allocation already.

Monthly Totals.
    NLHE +1 x buy ins.
    PLO n/a
    Points 505

Back in to profit for November, onwards and updards from here.

Good luck to all playing today, and over the weekend. Run Gudddddddddd :)
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    edited November 2012
    Good read.  Yeah, that penguin can be real evil when he wants to be! 
  • profman15profman15 Member Posts: 1,808
    edited November 2012
    Hi D

Always an interesting tale, fella. i'm just waiting for Lambert's PhD dissertation on why he made that bet.......by the way, i'm one of the 'fans'.....
  • DarntootinDarntootin Member Posts: 1,519
    edited November 2012
    Long posts - not a problem if they are worth reading and yours usually are.

By the way, you crossed out the limper when he called but not when he folded.

Oopsay...or deliberate???
    edited November 2012
    oooooops, sorry. It was ofc a mistake, didn't mean to :( apologies xxx if you're reading.

edited now.

+1 profman, I would love lambert to write a post about his thought process throughout the hand ;)

Thanx for the comments, v much appreiciated :)
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited November 2012
    Flop comes 467 with 2 hearts. 

He cbets, ofc. And I call 55.

Why
    edited November 2012
    I've decided I'm gonna run insanely good this year, and win some big tournaments somewhere. Starting today. Of course, with the 2.20 @ 2.20 ;)Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Slow start.
    Bigstack22 Small blind  100.00 100.00 8882.50
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  200.00 300.00 9527.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

Sus Raise  1000.00 1300.00 9925.00
    giddy Fold     
    Mylena Fold     
    Bigstack22 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  9527.50 10827.50 0.00
    Sus Call  8727.50 19555.00 1197.50
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • K

Sus Show
    • Q
    • J

Flop

• J

Turn

River

Sus Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 2s 19555.00  20752.50
    Bean, I called because I have a pair, he doesn't have to have a pair. And a draw if he does have a pair!

Not gonna get much money if I hit the draw obv but it helps.

Not just gonna pure setmine in 3b pots v a loose guy?

I can also spin the 5s into a bluff, this is my favourite past-time if a heart comes and he goes all shy.
    edited November 2012
    Are you allowed to raise the flop?

Why does he ALWAYS CBET?

How does he like AA for 175bb on this flop?

Just because he doesn't have a pair, does AK have outs to your hand?

Not gonna get much money if you hit what draw? cos we're bluffing hearties right? ldo we don't want to get paid on hearties, and we are relatively more likely to get paid on straight cards.
    edited November 2012
    fwiw I like your call on the river (except for the fact you have 5 high). given that you're so bad you cant read your hand it's pretty lol, but it makes sense to call that river with for example a medium pair which hasn't been counterfeited etc. as your opponent is most likely just mindlessly clicking buttons.
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited November 2012
    I can sum up my play in that hand really easily in 1 word.... dreadful.

I also don't know wtf I was thinking so don't ask lol.

Cheers for the comments about me... I think.
    edited November 2012
    I can sum up my play in that hand really easily in 1 word.... dreadful. I also don't know wtf I was thinking so don't ask lol. Cheers for the comments about me... I think.
    Posted by Lambert180

I didn't read the whole post just saw the hh. 

on the river you should be expecing to be called with any pair and ace high otherwise you should just c/f.
    edited November 2012

Quick update from yesterday as prob gonna be off-line tonight and most of tomorrow.

Was a decent day overall.

Frustrating afternoon and early evening I just seemed to keep losing big flips. Like grinding away for a couple of hours and then 'the' big hand to put me in contention to go deep went against me.

Skys £9.60 sats, I must have failed in my last 25-30 attempts at those, including 4 pure bubbles.

Gonna keep the faith with them though, despite another 3 failed attempts yesterday. They're 1 in 12 I think, so runs of 30 without a win are prob quite common, I dunno.

Left it till the evening speeds to finally get a cash on the board, 2nd in the first £3r 100 gtd for about £35, then went on to take down the final comp of the night (again) to save the day and finish +£75ish on sky.
    DOHHHHHHH1410001£94
    cliv02£58.75
    torryboy03£35.25
    matrixman04£25.85
    Slabsie05£21.15
    janster3406
    Nice to finally take down the velocity freezeout, cashed it 4 of my last 5 attempts without getting to HU, getting coolered and/or out drawn at the crucial stages.

Last night, ran insanely good after going into the FT short, and everything went my way.

Couple of other minor cashes here and elsewhere but nowt to shout about.

Monthly Totals.
    NLHE +3.5 x buy ins.
    PLO n/a
    Points 575

Might play some tournys tomorrow from 4pm onwards, see if I can win something with a prize above £100 1 time!

• YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited November 2012
    Wiii skipped 10 pages, just realised you have the longest diary ever! more then Lambo... ;)

Fred needs new title as im sure you gave up sit n gos ages ago, altho again way too late

Oh yeah why are some of your posts far toooo long, obv skipped those zzzz
    edited November 2012
    Wiii skipped 10 pages, just realised you have the longest diary ever! more then Lambo... ;) Fred needs new title as im sure you gave up sit n gos ages ago, altho again way too late Oh yeah why are some of your posts far toooo long, obv skipped those zzzz
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    just look @ the pictures if thaz struggling w/the words son!

Think there's a couple longer fwiw. 

Update from yesterday....

Couldn't really get anything going in the afternoon had family coming and going so couldn't enter any mtts. Finally got chance to play from about 7, played 3 speed comps, came 2nd in 1 of them then decided I couldn't be bothered.

jan44jan1005001£31
    DOHHHHHHH02£18.60
    Blue0503£12.40
    ks4mp04

Should have written the day off altogether instead of trying to play around other stuff. Then I could play today instead. nvm, back tomorrow. 

Was messing about on skope the other day, thought I'd post my mtt graph since I started posting on here again on September 1st. 

Almost looks like a good players MTT graph should look :)

Ofc it doesn't show rebuys or addons, and altho I very rarely rebuy in the speed comps, I always take the add on, so I spose it's $100-150 better than it should be. 

Overall skope graph....

Would be nice to get this to +$20k somehow by the end of the year. 

Will probably have to win every single speed comp I play to get close though :( Tiny payouts ftl :(

Monthly Totals.
    NLHE +4 x buy ins.
    PLO n/a
    Points 587

• ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited November 2012
    Being  a bit tom today and a bit nosy I scoped you from sept, roi is above 50% very impressive. Basically you made a bag of sand in 2.5 months but that volume was miniscule jj, you could have got treble the return easily. 

Im sure playing some small mtts on stars as well as sky will allow you to get the returns your game deserves. I could give you 5 a day that are less than $5 that if you bink your br would get a massive boost.  Now tell me $3 dont give you the shakes !
    edited November 2012

Tues report!

Not alot to report! :(

Decided to give the stars daytime mtts ago, as advised above ^

Only had a few dollars on there, so shipped $40 over from FTP and just registered up randomly between 1pm-3pm, 7-8 tournys total between $1-11.

Gotta admit I found it really difficult multi tabling mtts, I was always readless. I downloaded pokertracker to try and help with just very basic stats, but I had problems with it, apparently as soon as the pot was more than 6xbb, the potsize became invalid so it couldn't record the hand. ffs.

TECHNOLOGY !!! :@ :@ :@

Anyway the inevitable happened and I bust most of the mtts, some early, some mid-stages, and was left 2 tabling deep in the money in a $2r, 8k gtd, and a $3 6max fo, $4k gtd.

Now I could make the tables bigger, and focus properly on hands it got alot easier. My table in the 6max was purrrrrrfect, so many bad players chipped up, and the structure plays so deep too.

Ofc I totally ballsed it up, peeling pre v a massive russian fish, w/88.

He check/calls J63, and I check back A turn. He bombs the blank river.

I ask him if he will show if I fold.

He says no.

I asked, because previously someone had asked him to show, and he agreed, and showed pocket aces.

hmmmmmm

Just so curious, had to be AK or nothing!

CALL!! C'mon!!!!!

Pocket jacks :(

What a terrible call. Why did I do that. How do fish always own me?

Perfect table, deepstacked, position on a terrible player, and I do that.

Had some left but couldn't get going again, I'd 'gone'. Finished about 25th/1,250.

The $2r wasn't so bad on my part, more standard exit just losing flips and stuff. Again, 20th/1,500.

Those 2 were the only cashes, which gave me about $20 profit on my total outlay. Couple of close calls though, everyone knows where the money is in MTTs and I was pretty close to 'gettin it'.

-----------

Over to sky, and my 2 in 25 satellite misery continues.

It wasn't a pure bubble this time, but a very close call, and quite an unpleasent ending!!!!
    WALLA750001£4,000 B/Hunter
    bar400402£4,000 B/Hunter
    subsnw03 
    DOHHHHHHH04
    WALLA Small blind  600.00 600.00 12800.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 9111.25
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

subsnw Fold     
    bar4004 Fold     
    WALLA Raise  5400.00 7200.00 7400.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  9111.25 16311.25 0.00
    WALLA Call  4311.25 20622.50 3088.75
    WALLA Show
    • A
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

• Q
    • Q
    • Q

Turn

River

WALLA Win Four Queens 20622.50  23711.25
    ha. standard right. bby. etc.

Can't see stacks there, bar had 45k so was a fight between 3 of us for the 2nd spot. Hold here I have 20k v subs 9k and am a big favourite. mehhh nvm.

Min cashes in the velocity and the £2 speed rebuy meant it was a break even night on Sky. Couple of HU hyper wins helped too.

Thought I was on for back 2 back velocity freezeout wins, until this hand.

How on earth can 55 be favourite and hold here? It just seems so unfair that they can play so badly and have 54% equity v me in a huge pot here.

High v spot :(
    xxx Small blind  500.00 500.00 19600.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 30282.50
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

bighit Fold     
    YMCMB Fold     
    xxx All-in  19600.00 21100.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  19100.00 40200.00 11182.50
    xxx Show

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

• Q

xxxWin Three 5s 40200.00  40200.00
    Just need to get there 1 time for the absolute world!!!!

50k @ 500/1k in the velo is like 1/4 of the chips with 10 left :(

Nvm, prob same again today. I did log off on Tuesday night saying f this, I've had enough of scratching around in MTTs when I could/should be playing cash.

Ofc I'm playing today, and cba to grind. Maybe later ;)

Monthly Totals.
    NLHE +4 x buy ins.
    PLO n/a
    Points 637

If I don't it's gonna be my lowest points total in 3 yrs!

GL all playing today.

YGITT ^^^^^
  • profman15profman15 Member Posts: 1,808
    edited November 2012
    HI Dohhhhhhh

Ignore people(no names mentioned) who say your posts are too long. As long as they're interesting and entertaining, and they are, do what you do mate. I'm ultra impressed by those SS graphs. Isn't a positve gradient a joy to behold? It's shows what you can do in time.
    TY for poker paradigm....it really was an eye opener though it is costing me at times through misreads or just plain losing to the poker gods whereas before i may just be saying "aaaah, he's got it!" Certainly, my post flop play is more considered now though "work to do in this area" is what i'd have written on a boy's report as a teacher in the past!
     Got down to last 15 in mini open from over 320 last week and felt pleased with my post flop play though it seems my out hand(not believing the flush on flop of my opponent) was an error. I got str8 on turn and shoved short stacked. Sigh. At least i am putting more pressure on my opponents.
    A question for you D. ....no silly answers now....What is your poker philosophy whilst playing? (not to win money!). I wonder whether fear comes into my game too often...
    edited November 2012

Not updated for a few sessions as nowt has really happened.

I managed to break my downswing in the £9.60 2 in 25 sats, after going 35 or so without a win I've had 2 in 2 sessions, maybe 2 of my last 4/5 or something. Hope that continues.

DOHHHHHHH600001£4,000 B/Hunter
    tallytink02£4,000 B/Hunter
    bar400403
    Can't find the other one :(

I haven't played any cash at all really this month, will try get something going again in December and hopefully make some money :(

I always said If MTTs were my main game of choice I would very rarely play on Sky. Think that's reflected in my volume/points total here this month. 

Been playing some longer structured stuff during the day. Starting to realise how terrible I am at them! Shoveaments ftw! It doesn't help that it's 9 handed all the time, it's hard get stacks going without making the nuts :(

Try again to get a bink or 2 today. 

Up about 3x buy ins since last update, no real binks in the speed/velocity mtts, just the 2x £110's and a few smaller cashes. 

Brings month totals to....

Monthly Totals.
    NLHE +7 x buy ins.
    PLO n/a
    Points 877

The forum diary market is getting tougher all the time, continued success of Tommys, and Pats, and now Hoggers is having a go @ turning pennies into thousands. 

Will have to try and think of some ways to 're-juvenate' this diary in Dec' to remain competative, got abit stale lately. It helps if I play some hands I guess. 

Anyway gl all rounding the month off, Run Guddddd.!

edited November 2012
    HI Dohhhhhhh Ignore people(no names mentioned) who say your posts are too long. As long as they're interesting and entertaining, and they are, do what you do mate. I'm ultra impressed by those SS graphs. Isn't a positve gradient a joy to behold? It's shows what you can do in time. TY for poker paradigm....it really was an eye opener though it is costing me at times through misreads or just plain losing to the poker gods whereas before i may just be saying "aaaah, he's got it!" Certainly, my post flop play is more considered now though "work to do in this area" is what i'd have written on a boy's report as a teacher in the past!  Got down to last 15 in mini open from over 320 last week and felt pleased with my post flop play though it seems my out hand(not believing the flush on flop of my opponent) was an error. I got str8 on turn and shoved short stacked. Sigh. At least i am putting more pressure on my opponents. A question for you D. ....no silly answers now....What is your poker philosophy whilst playing? (not to win money!). I wonder whether fear comes into my game too often...
    Posted by profman15
    Cheerz Prof. 

It'd be nice to get a few 'big' jumps on the MTT graph. Grinding up with wins/cashes in smaller events is certainly tougher than the wacko approach of winning £1.5k in a single tournament every other week ;)

Poker philosophy? Just had to google what philosophy actually means! 

phi·los·o·phy

Noun:
    1. The study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, esp. when considered as an academic discipline.
    2. A set of views and theories of a particular philosopher concerning such study or an aspect of it.

Still non the wiser :P

Not really sure how to interpret that question.....

In the past it's always been money. I spose it still is. If I couldn't win money playing, I wouldn't play at all. 

I lost the 'buzz' that comes with poker a long time ago. Very rarely get that kind of enjoyment from poker nowardays. I think to keep the 'buzz' you need to keep challenging yourself and improving. 

For example moving up the stakes, learning new games, playing and beating better players, and ultimately winning more money. 

It's still quite exciting making final tables and winning tournaments, but when the tournaments are only small and the prize for winning is only £100-150, it's hardly edge of your seat stuff. 

Don't mean to sound arrogant, and there are some players who are just starting out who will prob be thinking "wow I'd love to win a tournament for £100", I used to be like that.

But compared to what I used to make, and relative to my bankroll, it's not that big a deal. 

£100 is £100 though :)

Spose poker is just summat to do whilst having a few beers and watching sport! 

Used to be the other way round ;) haha. 

Not a really deep answer, if you want 1 of those, I suggest you ask Patwalshh, he's very good at that kinda thing. Or percival. He's quite weird with this kinda thing too. loooool.