You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Well done!!  So whats the next step?
    Posted by Chris_Mc

.....to venture to the outside world! That challenge will be tougher I think ;)

Well done Doh. You will be coaching/turning pro in the New Year at this rate
  • nickd49931nickd49931 Member Posts: 123
    edited November 2014
    Congrats on reaching your goal! Been a Jcarver fan since his 'eating cake' poker series some time ago. His twitch streams and MTT content is great to watch and learn from. 
    Feel like streaming on twitch is going to be huge for poker over the next few years and another guy worth checking out is PokerStaples who sells action in all the sunday majors then streams it with a 4 minute delay. Slightly less entertaining then Somerville but he talks through all he decisions extremely well. GL on the next $25k 
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : .....to venture to the outside world! That challenge will be tougher I think ;) Well done Doh. You will be coaching/turning pro in the New Year at this rate
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Goal setting is a challenging process in itself Alan.

They must be .....

S pecific

M easurable

A ttainable 

R ealistic 

T imed

E valuated

R eviewed

5 out of 7 isn't bad. But it's not quite good enough, for that reason, I'm out. Or not out. or Whatever. 

I dunno Chris, any suggestions?

I'm open to trying most things that aren't too difficult. As tough challenges are tough. right. 

I can't do a GaryQQQ and turn nothing into Something. 

Or a Ivan and turn something into alot. 

Am ok at turning something into 'abit more' though. 

Maybe another crack at PLO. !?
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    edited November 2014
    Well done!  
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    edited November 2014
    I'd have thought Somerville would have made enough money in The Communards to not need to do poker coaching.

Well done on goal
  • shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2014
    Morn'n.  If there are any 'regular' readers here you're probably as bored of reading about the $25k challenge as I am writing about it and trying to complete it.  But it's DONE ! Finally.  I've had frustrating periods of break even-ness on Sky this last couple of months, but I was lucky enough to win a seat in the £55 turbo BH last night and managed to play well throughout and then awfullllll HU to finish 2nd.  Very disappointed, but the silver lining is it nudged me above $25k profit lifetime in sky formats that end in tournament :)http://gyazo.com/8ae415fca0b1d29c3338178783ff9aa6 Profit required at start of challenge = 2,077 Profit so far = $2,097 Required = Nowt ! Heres a graph of my progress throughout the challenge, it took 2 months and 2 days, and 877 games to complete.  http://gyazo.com/3e1c66fdd74a355643cfe861c322e9f8 Looks like I donked some off HU after the MTT last night, forgot about that :( I've been watching alot of live poker streaming recently on Twitch.  Most poker enthusiasts will probably already be aware of Jason Somerville and his 'run it up' series.  They're really fun/easy to watch, and you can really get inside his head and pick up how he is thinking. It's massively benefitted me. Unlike books/strategy vids which are pretty heavy going at times, it's a really enjoyable way to learn.  Google him and check his content out if you haven't already. Loads of his old shows on youtube, all free.  I'm not too sure on 'grind plans' for the next week or so, my computer is right next to the bathroom, which is finally going to be ripped out and replaced over the weekend and probably well in to next week :( May just grind 2/3 tables downstairs on the laptop or something, or have a few days off altogether.  I won a £150 free bet last week also, need to find a use for it before Sunday. I'm struggling!! Any tips??? I managed to fade Dons reccommendation for Scotland to win by 2 or more last night.  Got out of jail free there.  Good luck all playing today! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Depends if you wanna make some decent money, if your happy making say say £100 well actually £99.54 (assuming you lose the stake) over 1.5 goals treble in the following three games looks solid

Chelsea v West brom
    City v Swansea
    Arsenal v United

Perosnally I'd make it a 6 timer and throw in

Watford v Derby
    Bristoly city v Preston
    MK Dons v Portvale

For a little over 300 profit
    edited November 2014

Hi Shuv, the nit instincts in me initially wanted to just stick it on something at evens and lock up £150 in cash, but I'd be losing so much value doing that so going to try and gamble for once. 

Looking for something between 4/1 and 10/1, hopefully get lucky and punish the bookies properly :) 

It only has to be placed this weekend btw, it can be for an event in the future such as the darts World C'ship, FA Cup etc etc....

Something longer term might be most fun as I'll get to sweat it for a few weeks/months rather than losing it 1 afternoon. 

Any longer term ideas?

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited November 2014
    I'm A Celebrity.....
  • shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2014
    Hi Shuv, the nit instincts in me initially wanted to just stick it on something at evens and lock up £150 in cash, but I'd be losing so much value doing that so going to try and gamble for once.  Looking for something between 4/1 and 10/1, hopefully get lucky and punish the bookies properly :)  It only has to be placed this weekend btw, it can be for an event in the future such as the darts World C'ship, FA Cup etc etc.... Something longer term might be most fun as I'll get to sweat it for a few weeks/months rather than losing it 1 afternoon.  Any longer term ideas?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cant do long term, does my head in, that trebble I Posted will annoy me as theres a 5.30 game in it, no patience, exactly why im so shoddy at poker, doubt i would last to the weekend, Captain Cat in the 6.25 @13/8 would be getting my money
  • jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited November 2014
    Hi Shuv, the nit instincts in me initially wanted to just stick it on something at evens and lock up £150 in cash, but I'd be losing so much value doing that so going to try and gamble for once.  Looking for something between 4/1 and 10/1, hopefully get lucky and punish the bookies properly :)  It only has to be placed this weekend btw, it can be for an event in the future such as the darts World C'ship, FA Cup etc etc.... Something longer term might be most fun as I'll get to sweat it for a few weeks/months rather than losing it 1 afternoon.  Any longer term ideas?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Chelsea
    Derby
    Bristol C
    Bury

All to win their respective leagues, is 50/1+ and if done each way should represent great value

or to make it lower variance id say a bristol city and derby double must be 7/1 plus and im probably going to back that myself as they have the squad depth and consistancy to at the very least give you a good sweat til the end of the season
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited November 2014
    Well played Dohhlad, was a pleasure to be the one to do the scope search which showed you had got there. Thinking back I should have been cruel and said you was a little short as I often get told that!
  • mrsduckmrsduck Member Posts: 1,901
    edited November 2014
    WTG DOHHHHH, I'm very envious!
    Shove the freebet on whatever you fancy, go with your gut!
    GL :)
  • day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    edited November 2014
    Very well done fella.

edited November 2014
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Europe to retain Ryder cup?  Donny to reach premiership by 2020?  
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Cant do long term, does my head in, that trebble I Posted will annoy me as theres a 5.30 game in it, no patience, exactly why im so shoddy at poker, doubt i would last to the weekend, Captain Cat in the 6.25 @13/8 would be getting my money
    Posted by shuv
    Tenor's coming down.  Could be worth an E/W?
  • Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,340
    edited November 2014
    Suggestions.....

Take me as a challenge and get me the same results as you. Br £50
    Challenge level NAILS.

cash a wsop event in vegas.
    Challenge level HARD but ACHIEVABLE.

win sky jackpot any positions.
    Challenge level  100% WILL HAPPEN ONE DAY

be in the top ten of slipwaters leaderboard challenge 2015.
    challenge level DIFFICULT

edited November 2014
    Suggestions..... Take me as a challenge and get me the same results as you. Br £50 Challenge level NAILS. cash a wsop event in vegas. Challenge level HARD but ACHIEVABLE. win sky jackpot any positions. Challenge level  100% WILL HAPPEN ONE DAY be in the top ten of slipwaters leaderboard challenge 2015. challenge level DIFFICULT
    Posted by Chris_Mc

#LIKE
    edited November 2014

Thanks all. 

@Jordz, I've no real interest in league 2, (at least not until Donny end up playing therre next season) but I really like the other 3. That's looking the favourite bet so far. 

@Chris, of those 4 options, trying to improve you as a player is by far the easiest, I'd even go as far as to say it's the only 1 that would even be possible for me to do. 

It would still be pretty unlikely though, my past attempts at (unofficial) coaching/helping others out haven't gone well. (See Don)

A jackpot score could be possible, but it would have to be a Tuesday, and I'd only get around 25/30 shots at it a year. So it's a pretty tough ask and very much out of my control. Would need to run insane etc. 

Back to the drawing board :(

• TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited November 2014
    How about show a profit in x variants over y number of games.

Pick a few new formats to go with your bread and butter games.

Pl08 dym
    BH mtts
    PLO husngs
    Timed mtt
    Hyper hu

Etc 

A few hundred of each and see if you can beat em all at a given buyin.

• Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited November 2014
    Well done on reaching your goal.

As for the next one - What actually motivates you best to log in?

Cash
    Learning a new skill
    Outperforming others
    Showing improvement