You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2014
    Not fancying it so much this week Harold. 

It's still a value bet though, so I'll be in for the max again I'd imagine. 

I think Liverpool and United will be fine, hate writing Palace off though. 

On paper it makes sense, £20 plz. 

--------------

Binkage this aft !

Was going pretty kak until 4pm when I got runs going. 

Finished 13/300, 4/350 and the above 1/412 to get up $550ish for the day. 

V good momentum leading into Friday night. gl me & all !

• GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Not fancying it so much this week Harold.  It's still a value bet though, so I'll be in for the max again I'd imagine.  I think Liverpool and United will be fine, hate writing Palace off though.  On paper it makes sense, £20 plz.  -------------- Binkage this aft ! http://gyazo.com/2fa3f24b97205128bf9c394647b5e507 Was going pretty kak until 4pm when I got runs going.  Finished 13/300, 4/350 and the above 1/412 to get up $550ish for the day.  V good momentum leading into Friday night. gl me & all !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I've had a punt as well.   Nice binkage on 3 fat ladies btw.
    edited November 2014

Swansea save sky bet Rs's again PadLad :( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

------------

So today is the last day of the Doh v Don MTT volume mini-challenge. 

It's been a disappointing week tbh, I think it's Donalds fault :P

I believe I'm a handful of MTTs ahead going into Sunday, but the challenge hasn't motivated him at all, in fact I've spent alot of the week convincing him not to quit. 

The idea was whoever was behind would be motivated to grind more/harder to catch up, not quit because they're losing. 

Today is a massive day for low stakes online mtts, so much going on on loads of sites, I'd hoped we'd be neck and neck going into it with big motivation and hopefully push eachother on to have a huge sunday session and win loads. 

Hasn't worked out, but what can you do :(

At least I should win :D

I've had 3 decent sessions this week, results hadn't gone too great until Friday when I got the bink to reward the effort I'd put in. I was getting abit frustrated tbh, I don't get angry or tilted when I run bad at mtts, but 2 days of bricks is enough to make it become very boring for me. 

The bink was needed for morale/momentum which I can hopefully use to put in a biggie today. 

Biggest mtts, $2m gtds, ftops, super xxl series, roller, & the big one, the $3, $750 gtd on 888 !!!!

GL ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ! :)

btw, any1 got anyone know of any charities that Donald would hate donating to? 

Really want to punish him for not being committed this week as it's p'd me off!! 

Celtic in need? 
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    edited November 2014
    Swansea save sky bet Rs's again PadLad :( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ------------  btw, any1 got anyone know of any charities that Donald would hate donating to?  Really want to punish him for not being committed this week as it's p'd me off!!  Celtic in need? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah sigh... was more worried about Liverpool TBH!  Re charities to annoy Don,  maybe "The Craig Whyte Defence Fund"?  
  • TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited November 2014
    edited November 2014
    http://charity.celticfc.net/
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Yessssss !

I would never normally consider asking for proof of payment for a charity donation, but I need a new forum/fbook/twitter/PS avatar, and screensaver for my PC <3

Hope they batter him with spam mail after as well.

This is the guy who, despite barely being rolled for nl4 at the time, refused to take 6/1 on a 1/3 shot with Paddypower, even when I offered to loan him the money risk free to do so because....... "Paddy Power is a Celtic fan". 

edited November 2014
    hahaha

he'll be helping enrich lives and boosting the good name of celtic fc by helping them achieve their charitable goals for the year in the process.

what's not to like...
    edited November 2014
    "paddy power is a celtic fan"

hahaha, that phrase keeps repeating on me.

gwan the don!
    edited November 2014

I may have been premature, the great man has just told me he's in for a full day session, looks like game on !!!
    edited November 2014
    seems like you simply needed more stick and less carrot.

gogogo
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited November 2014
    Me and my New Mascot will not only be crushing your soul in grinding today - we will also be crushing many other people soul by winning. 

P.s. you might as well donate now 

edited November 2014

Agh the old "nominate a worthy charity to gain public support" strategy.

Prove that you've entered at least 1 mtt per hour between now and 10pm and i'll ship some over regardless of the result.

Challenge Don.
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited November 2014
    Agh the old "nominate a worthy charity to gain public support" strategy. Prove that you've entered at least 1 mtt per hour between now and 10pm and i'll ship some over regardless of the result. Challenge Don.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I rekon i've bust enough to average 1 per hour till 10 tomorrow night already 
  • ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited November 2014
    Blimey its kicking off in here between you two! One LOL volume grinder vs another LOL volume grinder ftw imo ;)

Hope you are both well. 
    edited November 2014
    Blimey its kicking off in here between you two! One LOL volume grinder vs another LOL volume grinder ftw imo ;) Hope you are both well. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    pfffffft 

Killing it !!!!!! ^^^^^^^

Was that you waving the Arsene out banner yesterday Jeeves?

It's not his fault his star midfielder and the saviour of English football has glass ankles !
  • ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : pfffffft  http://gyazo.com/5ec9eac8a203bb43453999bb37bcb5fe Killing it !!!!!! ^^^^^^^ Was that you waving the Arsene out banner yesterday Jeeves? It's not his fault his star midfielder and the saviour of English football has glass ankles !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You do realise I have four times that amount of points, plus also have a full time job, go to 2/3 footy matches a month and now have tons of drink ups planned before xmas. 

With regards to the monsieur wenger banner, its very hard to get tickets for away games these days even as a season ticket holder so no it wasnt me. I have come off the fence though, sadly it isnt in favour of our once great manager. 
    edited December 2014

I'm going to start copy and pasting these session reports.

Same again....

- uneventful afternoon.

- win all in sat to £55 Speed BH.

- Chip up

- Take 2 heads

- Make it itm.

- Get outdrawn in a big pot.

- Watch the other chap go on to take it down!

Lambert1801760001st/44£407 + £324.21 Head Prizes8 
    Doyley9602£242 + £127.73 Head Prizes4 
    luckme00203£165 + £28.13 Head Prizes1 
    DOHHHHHHH04£121 + £52.73 Head Prizes2 
    Ranners05£88 + £60.94 Head Prizes3 
    StayOrGo06£77 + £18.75 Head Prizes1
    3 times in a row that's happened now. If I make it deep again this week and I go all in, just call. You win my chips, my bounty, and gtd to go on to win the comp! :(

Getting frustrating, as all the £££ is up top in that thing, and I'm becoming the min cash master :(

Was a standard hand, just AJ < A9 aipf.

I had a 'spin stack' left afterwards, I'll post my exit as it may not be as standard as I thought it was at the time, although I'm fairly sure I got to call it off.

Thoughts?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    luckme002 Small blind  1500.00 1500.00 26400.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  3000.00 4500.00 20841.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • J

Doyley96 Fold     
    Lambert180 All-in  30794.00 35294.00 0.00
    luckme002 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH
    Had a staking return too, when I snapped up a % of evilpingu in the roller after he won an allin sat at the last minute of late reg and went on to finish 4th.

He followed this up with a chop 4 handed in the biggest 4 on stars for an $8k night! Congrats to him.

It turned a very average Sunday for me into a great one, nudging another $1k day. On some insane heater this last couple of months without really grinding anything properly/hard. I just know when I commit to upping the effort/commitment levels in December to play HU I'm going to start running Kak.

Apparently that's how poker works, people who put effort in and play well never win. If you're rubbish you crush.

I was going to make a start re-watching HU vids and reading articles etc again to refresh the memory over the weekend and then go straight into the HU grind today, but with such great MTT momentum, and it being my favourite 'turbo tuesday' main event tonight 1 more mtt session can't hurt.

Makes sense to reverse bok myself and say I'll play MTTs until I have a break even or worse day :)

Good Luck all in December!
    edited December 2014

Arrrrfternoon sit n dohites.

No updates so far this month, that normally means downswing and/or drunken blow up, but it's even worse than that this time, I've been ill :(

First 'illness' in > 8 years that hasn't been self inflicted :(

Apparently it's called 'man flu'. Its not too bad, just annoying and if combined with alcohol probably wouldn't make for very optimal poker playing conditions. Running bad :(

Bought the widest range of cough/cold/flu medicines/drinks/capsuels/tablets I could find over the weekend trying to get match fit asap. Turns out they're all the same thing under different names. FU lemsip/sudafed/beechams/nurofen. - Playing bad :(

Ilness keeps slowrolling me too, taking alot of naps and everytime I wake up I feel fine and think I'm cured, then it returns 10 mins later :( Poor etiquette from the man flu Gods imo. 

Not much different to a standard diary update, playing bad, running bad and being slowrolled, just off the table instead of on it. 

Hopefully I can find a way to 'get there' in the end and be back asap! 

The 1 and abit sessions I did manage to get in were uneventful, up about £50, just about covers the meds. 

Hope Dec is treating y'all well. 

Been watchin more and more of pokerstaples on twitch. Great guy and very good product he's putting out for free. Goggggle him and have a watch if you're bored/ill etc. 

gl all playing today. 
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited December 2014
    Hope you're better soon JJ!

I fell pretty ill in Thailand, and was still suffering when I got back to Blighty. The illness I had gradually faded but was replaced with intense pains in my stomach, cramps if you will. Did the man thing and obviously didn't go to the doctors. It was getting really bad though, so did the next best thing and raided Boots. Spoke to the guy behind the counter, explained what I had and he sold me some Buscopan.

The catch? He said that for nearly everyone who takes it; it either doesn't work and you are still in major discomfort, or it works and it gives you the runs. Like flopping bottom set when 2 villains hold middle and top set, you just can't win but it's all going in.

Brilliant.
    edited December 2014
    Morning.

Man Flu has been beaten. For now. I didn't enjoy the battle, have never had it before and don't want it again!

Played a light session on Tuesday to make sure it was gone, and then felt good, keen and ready to crush after some time away from poker on Thursday so really went for it.

Lost.

:(

Built a schedule of tournaments higher than I would normally play and sold some of the action.

I've only done this once before, and I hated it.

The difference this time was I only sold to friends, people who I know for sure fully understand poker and the variance involved, and therefore didn't feel anywhere near as much pressure as before.

When it's random peoples money you're playing with, it's hard to know how solid their understanding of variance is. There's always a chance they see your stats/graph and automatically expect you to win. So I found myself trying too hard/sweating all ins too much, getting overly stressed when things weren't going well, because I wanted to make a good impression and get them a return.

Wasn't the case this time, everyone already knew how good/bad I am and expected to lose their money anyway. :)

Anyway it was a disaster.

We were in for $220ish.

Best score was 3rd/300 in an $11 ko for $120

It's a comp I would normally be fine playing on my own, but as people were 'punting' on me at higher buyins than usual I wanted to add a few softer/better value comps in to make it an attractive proposition.

It was kind of brutal 3 handed. There was a clear chip leader who was playing really well imo.

I was well ahead of 3rd place too, and the jumps were huge. Something like $90/195/300.

I'm no expert on ICM but I know I'm supposed to try really hard not to come 3rd here with the payouts and chipstacks.

Anyway, I came 3rd.

QQ v big stacks AK blind v blind.

Some spots I can try to keep low variance, 3 handed that aint 1.

Annoying because 2nd place with KOs would've gtd profit.

--------

After the mtts fail I was still feeling good and felt I was playing well.

I somehow got into a HU sng game v one of the most successful regs on Sky.

I normally always open sit in the lobby. And these guys don't normally sit v me. Therefore I don't play them very often.

Not sure how it happened this time, maybe he was bored, maybe thought he was playing really well also, maybe our registration clicks overlapped and we ended up sat together, or maybe he thinks I'm a huge fish after all! :(

Anyway I was really surprised at how tight/passive the guy played. I searched him on FAP and he was playing lots of tables. So it's hardly surprising that he wasn't being more active, I'm not even sure how it's possible to play so many tables when a lot of them are heads up.

So although I lost, I decided to play again.

I lost again, but same story, winning all the small pots then losing successive aipf situations to lose the game.

I made a bold/stupid decision, to check FAP and register every game he was currently waiting at. I think it was 2 x £21 and 1 x £31.

Lost. Lost. Lost.

fml.

I never normally play multiple tables HU, and it was a brutal reminder of why. I got pwnd pretty bad :(

So once again I take on the big boys, albeit at modest stakes, and walk away wounded.

Back to around break even for the month and stripped of the 2 big words, momentum and confidence. :(

Back to basics this weekend. Fish bashing at the micros hopefully :)

---------------

On the skybet enhanced treble again today. #Value.

#CookOut.

GL all this weekend.