You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,340
    edited November 2014
    Well, as i say there is 50 in my account. Where will u have me start? 
    If u want too accept this challenge. 
  • jimb0d1jimb0d1 Member Posts: 660
    edited November 2014
    Match your 25k poker winning in sports betting over the next 25 months   :)
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Well done on reaching your goal. As for the next one - What actually motivates you best to log in? Cash Learning a new skill Outperforming others Showing improvement
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks phantom, welcome to the thread!

Struggling abit to answer your question.

I enjoy poker, especially recently, becasue it's something I can win at. 

If there was no money involved, I would hardly ever play, so money is definitely a motivating factor, but just winning albeit at a very modest level continues to be satisfying. 

I don't like playing too low, and I hate playing higher up (because I always lose) but I can play most games/formats at a reasonable level where the money is significant but not a big deal win/lose/draw. 

I'm playing mainly MTTs at the moment, accross a few sites, my average buy in despite being rolled for most comps is around $5/6. I like playing games I win at, winning feels good and brings in a few £, losing makes me feel cr@p and is expensive!

Would like to play more sky mains, pretty sure I'd be profitable in them but again despite being rolled I'd hate forking out £33 or £55 to play them. I wouldn't enjoy the experience. 

If I can bink an all in sat (real sats r too much hard work) then I love playing the £33 mains and £55 turbo BH with no real pressure, it's much more enjoyable that way. 

So after a load of waffle, it's a combo of money, and intrinsic rewards from being moderately successful that encourage me to keep playing. 

@Jim, how many of the skybet lads have pmd you to suggest that as a goal?

I reckon breaking even over 25 days is a tall order for me ! 
    edited November 2014
    Well, as i say there is 50 in my account. Where will u have me start?  If u want too accept this challenge. 
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    haha Chris. I see you glossed over my comment about previous coaching exploits ending in disaster !!!!

Have you ever played HU sngs? 

That's the only format I'd feel comfortable offering any sort of solid advice on nowardays, and only at small stakes. 

If you're intersted in learning the game maybe we can do something :)
    edited November 2014
    I did try them.for a little when there was the heads up challenge on the thread. Went out first round :(

I play them sometimes but there is massive improvment needed in heads up play, im not confident heads up at all.  Even at final tables on mtt's i always feel 2nd will be the place for me because of this.

I tried multitabling hu hypers and 6 tables where far too much lol. 

Would you say there is good profit to be made in HU games?

edited November 2014
    I think mainly, although i dont play it much a low levels is cash games, i enjoy tye mastercash very much and get on the table when i can when its on, i really enjoy 20nl and would say ive won more than ive lost at this level but its only an hour a time during live shows.

Id love too sit here with 4 or 5 tables at this level... but not to focussed on that at the minute with my roll.

If i get a half decent win in an mtt then i could have a stab at it mabye. 
    edited November 2014

I'm way out of touch with how the cash games play nowardays. 

I occasionally dabble, and am probably not much above break even this year at levels I used to crush pretty hard. Albeit a really small sample of 'sessions'.

The games have totally changed, theres no way I'd be able to help you beat them without alot of help myself. And it's really not a very fun proposition lol. 

I'd focus on something more fun, HU sngs are definitely profitable. I'll get a graph of my HU games only posted up shortly. 

6 tabling hypers is rather ambitious though. I much prefer playing only 1 table, 2 absolute tops. 

Think of them as a 2 player dym, ofc they're profitable ;)
    edited November 2014
    Heat ! :)

Mental comp! (im copps)

VVVVVVVV short stack Ninja :)

DOHHHHHHH1160001£107.30 + £35.42 Head Prizes3 
    tghyujik02£63.80 + £31.32 Head Prizes6 
    ashvilla5003£43.50 + £15.01 Head Prizes3 
    SoftTaff04£31.90 + £10.60 Head Prizes1 
    oldcrock05£23.20 + £16.25 Head Prizes2 
    LIVERBI37206£20.30 + £31.27 Head Prizes6
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    edited November 2014
    Heat ! :) Mental comp! (im copps) http://gyazo.com/09e2bad7ef349c5c1149e0c37513d8c6
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

N1
  • golds95golds95 Member Posts: 132
    edited November 2014
    Well done boss, haven't commented on here in a long time, nice to see you doing well, gl on the tables!
    edited November 2014
     Couple of good cashes, 

Came 3rd in the 350 bh last night which was good, tried a couple of sats for the main, no luck there.

Then all the allin sats for 1500 speed bh, seen u done well in one but not sure if u won it or not.

Then lost a buy in a 20 nl then put the rest of my roll on at 40nl, and left with a profit on that. Overall back too the same 50 i started with so a night of free poker.

So wheres thus hu graph. What stakes would u say too start with. The lowest?

edited November 2014
    Thanks golds, you too bud. 

Chris, I've got the graph of one of the sites most successful HU sng players instead.

Pretty awesommmeeeeeeeeeeeeee right. 

Doesn't really matter where you start tbh, all the low stakes games are very soft with very few if any regular winners. 

It's more important to learn the theory and get a game plan in place than it is to make money at first. Then you can use what you've learnt to go out and win at whatever stakes you feel comfortable playing. 

I'd suggest turbos or speed games at first, should get alot of spots and learn how to play different stack depths quicker than play hypers or reg speeds. 

I'll give you a few games over the weekend at small stakes if you want? 

-----------------------

Had a run in the main last night. 

I was in 2 minds about buying in, it was only yesterday morning I posted here about being reluctant to buy in direct to main events, but I was well up on the day, feeling good, and it was a huge/soft field so made an exception.

All my tables were great throughout. 

Was going good itm when I had a really ughhhh hand. 

As played I don't think I could do anything about it. I've heard being risk averse and taking low variance lines in sky mtts is the way forward but I just have to go broke the way this hand went. 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    bingobow Small blind  200.00 200.00 13375.00
    joey690 Big blind  400.00 600.00 14123.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

Dideusboo Fold     
    Bigspuds35 Raise  800.00 1400.00 10820.75
    DOHHHHHHH Call  800.00 2200.00 17191.25
    SJspanky1 Fold     
    bingobow Call  600.00 2800.00 12775.00
    joey690 Fold     
    Flop

• A

bingobow Check     
    Bigspuds35 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  1200.00 4000.00 15991.25
    bingobow Call  1200.00 5200.00 11575.00
    Bigspuds35 All-in  10820.75 16020.75 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  15991.25 32012.00 0.00
    bingobow All-in  11575.00 43587.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  4416.25 39170.75 4416.25
    bingobow Show
    • A

Bigspuds35 Show
    • A
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q
    • A

Turn

River

bingobow Win Full House, 10s and Aces 39170.75  39170.75
    I got loads of heads, and a decent cash cash, but came pretty close to a really deep run.

HEART 1 TIMEEEEEEEE :(

Great day overall, feeling good in the games and playing really well.

Wish I could keep the momentum going over the weekend but tradesmen are going to stop play :(

May have to 2 table to jackpot glory tomorrow night whilst watching the boxing :)

GL all over the weekend.

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited November 2014
    Doh are you telling porky pies? I busted in the 2/400 level and I'm sure I was about 40 places off the money....

FWIW I don't fold the above, not in that tournament :)
    edited November 2014

NOW THATS A LINE HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!!

where as mine does the opposite :)

im definitely up for some games, as I said only dabbled a little with them and basically if I had a pair or a premium hand it just went in!!!

although im sure there's more too it than that, maybe similar too the spin and go speeds, I enjoy them and do ok sometimes.....

• splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited November 2014
    Congrats on the 25k and gl with the bet, make them bookies pay!
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited November 2014
    Congrats on the goal completion 

What does the future hold for Dohhhhh ?
    edited November 2014

I was left with 'a bowl of rice' after that hand Harold, which I managed to hold on to long enough to finish 48th according to the QQQ results page for

£42.90 + £77.34 Head Prizes

I must admit I can't remember doing that, I thought I busted fairly shortly after the AQ spot. 

------------

Just had abit of a scare with the free bet. 

I had it in my head it expired on the 21st of November. 

I thought that was Sunday, but then I realised it's today. So I rushed over to skybet and it wasn't there. 

wtffffff. 

The CC guy explained it has a time as well as a date, and it actually expired at 9am this morning. 

I was gutted, but before I could even be cheeky enough to ask he said he could see it was an honest mistake and replaced it.  :)

Big thumbs up to customer care! I must really be a skybet fishhhhhh :'(

-------------

Don, future holds beating you HU of the $3 750 gtd on 888 tomorrow. 

gl us. 
  • Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited November 2014
    Hey up Dohhhhh ! long time lurker/and reader.....only just recently got back online playing poker and catching up on the sky threads, and yours was always one of the 1st !! Shame you didn't follow through with Joesmans or darties tips for your free bet with Stenson ew at 11/1 in the golf 1st 5 places. Or tonight he also gave out a tip for a horse called Gambino which won at 9/1(i used my £10 free bet on that).Check the bet chat forum if not sure of what to bet on .........buuuuuuuuuut with your love of cricket and strong opinions on many cricketers and their lack of talent or ability.Have a long term bet eachway on a cricket tournament, 20/20,one day,or test match.Simples! and from reading your threads you could even bet top batsman or bowler for a tourney like the other year when you picked out some random spinner from india or pakistan that i'm sure won or got placed top bowler for the tourney.
    Cheers and be lucky
    Dave. 
  • day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    edited November 2014
    Heat ! :) Mental comp! (im copps) http://gyazo.com/09e2bad7ef349c5c1149e0c37513d8c6 VVVVVVVV short stack Ninja :) DOHHHHHHH 116000 1 £107.30 + £35.42 Head Prizes 3   tghyujik 0 2 £63.80 + £31.32 Head Prizes 6   ashvilla50 0 3 £43.50 + £15.01 Head Prizes 3   SoftTaff 0 4 £31.90 + £10.60 Head Prizes 1   oldcrock 0 5 £23.20 + £16.25 Head Prizes 2   LIVERBI372 0 6 £20.30 + £31.27 Head Prizes 6
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Very nice fella.

Well played
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited November 2014
    I was left with 'a bowl of rice' after that hand Harold, which I managed to hold on to long enough to finish 48th according to the QQQ results page for       £42.90 + £77.34 Head Prizes   I must admit I can't remember doing that, I thought I busted fairly shortly after the AQ spot.  ------------ Just had abit of a scare with the free bet.  I had it in my head it expired on the 21st of November.  I thought that was Sunday, but then I realised it's today. So I rushed over to skybet and it wasn't there.  wtffffff.  The CC guy explained it has a time as well as a date, and it actually expired at 9am this morning.  I was gutted, but before I could even be cheeky enough to ask he said he could see it was an honest mistake and replaced it.  :) Big thumbs up to customer care! I must really be a skybet fishhhhhh :'( ------------- Don, future holds beating you HU of the $3 750 gtd on 888 tomorrow.  gl us. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Happy to play u heads up Spit the cash tho - 60/40 ur favour if u give me the win for the P5's points ;)