You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community

Comments

• Options
    watson-ST7watson-ST7 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2009
    that will do nice
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited July 2009
    get rid of cod heapy n dysania they are always railing swearing etc if not im off this site
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community:
    get rid of cod heapy n dysania they are always railing swearing etc if not im off this site
    Posted by razorkev
    I agree, trying to play tonight but found it hard being insulted.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : I agree, trying to play tonight but found it hard being insulted.
    Posted by MADMOO
    ty moo,,honest sky sort it out
  • Options
    DYSANIADYSANIA Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : ty moo,,honest sky sort it out
    Posted by razorkev
    RAZORKEV STARTED THE BANTER CALLING POOR COD UGLY.IF U CANT TAKE IT SON DONT GIVE IT
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    edited July 2009
    Guys, it's very simple.

If you see, or experience, abuse in the Chat-Box, REPORT IT. Every single time. Not on the Forum - but direct to Customer Support.

Sky Poker can do their bit, but it's OUR site, so we all have a responsibility to take care of it.

If players want to retain their Chat priviliges, they need to stay within the Rules. Abuse is outwith the Rules.

It's something I've never understood, to be honest. It's a game. Games are for enjoying. How come a game ends up in abuse?

I have to add, I speak for myself, & I am not a spokesman for Sky Poker.

But the facts above are facts - if you see it, report it.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : I agree, trying to play tonight but found it hard being insulted.
    Posted by MADMOO
    I'n realy sorry to hear that, Moo.

Try to ignore it, rise above it, but above all, just Report it - please.

My advice to RazorKev would be the same - report it, please. It's a responibility we Players should share with the Site.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : I'n realy sorry to hear that, Moo. Try to ignore it, rise above it, but above all, just Report it - please. My advice to RazorKev would be the same - report it, please. It's a responibility we Players should share with the Site.
    Posted by Tikay10
    many thanks tk. hope vegas is fun ...i know silly question..lol
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : I'n realy sorry to hear that, Moo. Try to ignore it, rise above it, but above all, just Report it - please. My advice to RazorKev would be the same - report it, please. It's a responibility we Players should share with the Site.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for that TK, I will report it in the future.
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Way to go guys.
  • Options
    JPDERRYJPDERRY Member Posts: 112
    edited July 2009
    i am all for banter at the tables live or on internet, however IMO any one being overly rude and using really bad language (especiall the C word) ought to have a monetry fine and a ban for a period of time, i am not a prude or anything but sometimes it is not nice especially if ladies are present. thats wat i think anyway  Joker69
    Posted by joker69
    agreed mate,1st 2nd 3rd time i was out of order,went to far with drink in me,but the 4th time chat bann was out of order,i was on my best behaviour using only words like idiot,dumb,muppet, i like a bit of craic at chat,and putting ppl on tilt with chat,telling lies about your hand,its amazing the hands ppl will pay u off with when some1 is angry on tilt
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Posted by razorkev
    its a adult site u have to be 18, welcome to the real world
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : ty moo,,honest sky sort it out
    Posted by razorkev
    LOL PPL TAKE THE CHAT SCREEN SO SERIOUS, if its that bad report them live,or look at hotometer lol,how can u get insulted by some1 u dont know might never meet? and chat see, how u call some1 ulgy lol
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Guys, it's very simple. If you see, or experience, abuse in the Chat-Box, REPORT IT. Every single time. Not on the Forum - but direct to Customer Support. Sky Poker can do their bit, but it's OUR site, so we all have a responsibility to take care of it. If players want to retain their Chat priviliges, they need to stay within the Rules. Abuse is outwith the Rules. It's something I've never understood, to be honest. It's a game. Games are for enjoying. How come a game ends up in abuse? I have to add, I speak for myself, & I am not a spokesman for Sky Poker. But the facts above are facts - if you see it, report it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    WHERE R THE RULES? i want to see them
  • Options
    roy4amyroy4amy Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : Spot-On!
    Posted by Tikay10
    tikay mate why do u want people to come play sky poker but therefore give out bad beats like i had
    a4 v a5 in 250pound freeroll and it came a 4 3 and he bet 600 so i went over top all in for bout 2.7k he had bout same he called another card come that was a blank then it came 5 so he wiped me out sick of bad beats do my headin
    i know sometimes its not my day but all time man

tell me wht i did wrong in tht hand please then i mite learn something lol cause i dont think i did anythign wrong email me
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    edited July 2009
    Don't think you didn't do anything wrong, just got unlucky (assuming pre-flop limpage)

• Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : tikay mate why do u want people to come play sky poker but therefore give out bad beats like i had a4 v a5 in 250pound freeroll and it came a 4 3 and he bet 600 so i went over top all in for bout 2.7k he had bout same he called another card come that was a blank then it came 5 so he wiped me out sick of bad beats do my headin i know sometimes its not my day but all time man tell me wht i did wrong in tht hand please then i mite learn something lol cause i dont think i did anythign wrong email me
    Posted by roy4amy
    Hi Roy, sorry I never replied bfore, I only just saw this.

You did nothing wrong that I can see Roy - but that's how poker works.

Before playing poker, it's best to accept & understand that there is a lot of luck involved - both for & against us.

If you actually look back at the Hand - you had A-4, your opponent had A-5 - it was not a Bad Beat at all, as you went in behind - & then almost got lucky. If your 4 had "held", the other guy would have been saying he was unlucky. It's swings & roundabouts.

The pre-Flop Odds for your hand to win were about 4/1 (22%), your opponents hand was 2/1 (34%), & it was 44% to choppity-chop. So none of the possible outcomes was a big surprise, but you were very much "the dog" with a dominated A.

I'm in Vegas right now, following the WSOP Main Event. One of our players bust out this morning with A-Q against A-6. The first prize in the WSOP ME is $8,500,000!

The best hand loses quite often, wherever you play poker, & in all formats, it's just how poker works. AA will win about 4 times in 5, if Heads Up. So it loses 1 time in 5.

I hope your luck changes man, but always remember, luck cuts both ways. Most folks remember getting their Aces cracked, very few remember busting them.

Take care now.

• Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : Hi Roy, sorry I never replied bfore, I only just saw this. You did nothing wrong that I can see Roy - but that's how poker works. Before playing poker, it's best to accept & understand that there is a lot of luck involved - both for & against us. If you actually look back at the Hand - you had A-4, your opponent had A-5 - it was not a Bad Beat at all, as you went in behind - & then almost got lucky. If your 4 had "held", the other guy would have been saying he was unlucky. It's swings & roundabouts. The pre-Flop Odds for your hand to win were about 4/1 (22%), your opponents hand was 2/1 (34%), & it was 44% to choppity-chop. So none of the possible outcomes was a big surprise, but you were very much "the dog" with a dominated A. I'm in Vegas right now, following the WSOP Main Event. One of our players bust out this morning with A-Q against A-6. The first prize in the WSOP ME is $8,500,000! The best hand loses quite often, wherever you play poker, & in all formats, it's just how poker works. AA will win about 4 times in 5, if Heads Up. So it loses 1 time in 5. I hope your luck changes man, but always remember, luck cuts both ways. Most folks remember getting their Aces cracked, very few remember busting them. Take care now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    TK thats live poker odds? sky poker need to make there own odds, u dont win a mtt on sky making the right call or right timing, tk just get my chat back and i will shut up and i will come back to sky lol
  • Options
    KingDougKingDoug Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2009
    I FEEL IF PLAYERS ARE CHAT BANNED ALL PLAYERS SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO WHY ? AND HOW MANY COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM . IF IT IS ONLY 1 THEN IT COULD BE PERSONAL. NAME AND SHAME WOULD BE MUCH BETTER WAY TO DEAL WITH IT. KINGDOUG
  • Options
    BOROJBOROJ Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2009

BAD BEHAVIOUR  slagging players off about the way they play  is not on and should be stopped