You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community

Comments

• Options
    badboyct9badboyct9 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2009
    whats the password for the freeroll
  • Options
    redpaddyredpaddy Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community:
    If you really mean playing 1 hand, then what follows is a genuine question Redpaddy: Surely '1-handers' would just get blinded away, no?    The reason I ask, is because I play pretty tight and really enjoy the Double Your Money games. Seeing as you only need a top three position, it follows (to me at least), that this suits a tight game.   On some days, I just don't get a good hand, so tend to fold a lot. This can be exacerbated by the fact that sometimes, you get a 'suicide monkey' or two on the DYM tables, who shove frequently. In these instances, I definitely let them get on with it. My play doesn't look particularly dynamic at the table, but it's how I enjoy playing (sometimes only seeing a flop after 10 minutes).    I often find that after 15 minutes of risk and furious raising, an aggressive player can have 500 less chips than they started with, so I don't really see the point in being busy, just to be playing... Am I missing something?   By the way, if you do play DYM SnG, please don't read this post as you'll now be aware of my playing style. Thanks.   On the subject of abuse, I agree; there is never a justification for it: It totally spoils the game and reflects badly on the person dishing it out. I've only had it once on Sky in the last few months, and will report if it happens again.    Banter is great (and should be encouraged), as long as it's on a table with people who know and understand each other.
    Posted by FlutNush
  • Options
    lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited August 2009

hi everyone i was on a cash table and had a player called twan2707 was writing the word dk i wont write it out and another
    player called wolfman686 backing him up with it i asked him to stop he wouldnt and replied, do u take it up the a... i told him again to stop it or i will report him. and therte is no need for it. hope to see u on the tables gl everyone
  • Options
    boothy23boothy23 Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2009
    Sadly, sky poker just reflects the live poker community in general. People get the hump and demand to know why you called there aces with a 9/10 suited etc as if you havent the right! Have experienced what i would describe as 'bullying' on here, sometimes you feel you have dared to interrupt some cosy private party, bit 'playgroundish'.  I try to let it just go over my head but, i suppose, if i feel it important enough to write it on here it must bother me to some small degree. I shall continue to enjoy my poker hare and elsewhere and, to be honest, skys poker is almost certainly the most civilised about. eamonn
  • Options
    boothy23boothy23 Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : Spottererer-onnererer. That do you, Mr Bull Sir?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sadly, sky poker just reflects the live poker community in general. People get the hump and demand to know why you called there aces with a 9/10 suited etc as if you havent the right! Have experienced what i would describe as 'bullying' on here, sometimes you feel you have dared to interrupt some cosy private party, bit 'playgroundish'.  I try to let it just go over my head but, i suppose, if i feel it important enough to write it on here it must bother me to some small degree. I shall continue to enjoy my poker hare and elsewhere and, to be honest, skys poker is almost certainly the most civilised about. eamonn
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    I have now decided that any vulgar and abusive behaviour will be posted on this area of the community Today i reported troggman and just now harord1988. King Doug
    Posted by KingDoug
    Hey King Doug,

if you witness any abuse at the poker tables at all please can you email our customer care team at help@skypoker.com, if you send us the alias of the abuser, the time and what table you were playing at our customer care team will then investigate the matter for you.

all the best,

Rich
  • Options
    candicandi Member Posts: 2,162
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : Hey King Doug, if you witness any abuse at the poker tables at all please can you email our customer care team at help@skypoker.com , if you send us the alias of the abuser, the time and what table you were playing at our customer care team will then investigate the matter for you. all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    I have sympathy with kingdoug rich. I have complained to a live agent who said my complaint would be looked into. The guy is still giving out abuse to people and vulgarity! 

:{
  • Options
    TORTUS007TORTUS007 Member Posts: 456
    edited August 2009
    Good post jimbo31. At least we all know now, Rodney really is a plonker!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hi Guys,

i have had to remove a couple of posts from this thread as i'm afraid it breaks our house rules to make personal comments about any of our users. if anyone does have any issues or has experienced any abuse on our poker tables, please go down the proper channels and report this to our customer care team (help@skypoker.com) this is the best way to have your issue resolved and you can be sure that all reports will be investigated.

all the best guys,

Rich
  • Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009
    Hi Guys, i have had to remove a couple of posts from this thread as i'm afraid it breaks our house rules to make personal comments about any of our users. if anyone does have any issues or has experienced any abuse on our poker tables, please go down the proper channels and report this to our customer care team (help@skypoker.com) this is the best way to have your issue resolved and you can be sure that all reports will be investigated. all the best guys, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich

I would just like to say i play poker mainly for the fun & the banter i don't play any other sites as i am happy here the forum community is excellent and generally everyone gets on

However i have come across a few people who cross the line on chat at tables recently but i think hey they've had a bad day & they are looking for people to bite to put them off there game unfortunately a Few of the GOOD GUYS have reacted which is a temporary loss to this forum

if i am at a table where someone tries it on i try to calm it down with phrases from other community members and it seems to work my saying is PEOPLE LIKE PEOPLE LIKE THEMSELVES

If in the future if i come across a verbal bully i will try to difuse it  and if he persists i will reply

I Couldn't Give a Continental

• Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited August 2009
    WHY do you rotten lot keep slagging off poor old Rich?(refer to Amstrad etc.).
    Is it perhaps because he is paid to be slagged by the Community?
    If so,then that is an entirely different matter-go for it guys!!!!
  • Options
    KdanemKdanem Member Posts: 118
    edited August 2009
    caribe ur language is unacceptable
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited August 2009
    can anything be done with the people that sign up for double money games then play one hand and sit until three are out?
    Posted by redpaddy
    do people acually do this?,if so i would wait untill the last 4 then simply blind him out,you cant ask others to keep folding untill he has gone but hopefully they will follow suit....its totally different if the player has lost connection e.t.c.,i have got to final table before and folded when the other player has lost connection so when he returns we have similar chips as when he went..

cheers dave
  • Options
    amzzy18amzzy18 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2009
    I agree with we-r-leeds people should say sorry for bad calls or bluffs that pay off but half of them cant coz bots dont type :p
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    Good to see that the vile comment on my latest blog was removed promptly by the mods without needing to be asked. Shows EVERYTHING is being read and acted on where appropriate. Cheers Sky!
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    Good to see that the vile comment on my latest blog was removed promptly by the mods without needing to be asked. Shows EVERYTHING is being read and acted on where appropriate. Cheers Sky!
    Posted by phil12uk
    Did someone degrade our beloved Spurs?
    On a serious note, hope they get punished... P A T H E T I C ppl
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Posted by phil12uk
    No Problem Phil - i saw that one this morning. absolutely no need for it!!! :(
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : No Problem Phil - i saw that one this morning. absolutely no need for it!!! :(
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Pfft! You saw it yet didn't comment on my blog and have a guess ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i wouldn't want to steal your prize phil! always got the community's interest at heart me! ;)
  • Options
    1realdeal1realdeal Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2009
    ICASHMORE is a cheat like most players on this site