You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,948
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community:
    BAD BEHAVIOUR  slagging players off about the way they play  is not on and should be stopped
    Posted by BOROJ
    I could not agree more BORO.

It's bad form, it's out of order, they would not do it face to face, & I loathe it.

It's just not the done thing.

As a matter of interest, "personal attacks" on other players is against the Rules of this Forum. And so it should be.
  • Options
    JPDERRYJPDERRY Member Posts: 112
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : I could not agree more BORO. It's bad form, it's out of order, they would not do it face to face, & I loathe it. It's just not the done thing. As a matter of interest, "personal attacks" on other players is against the Rules of this Forum. And so it should be.
    Posted by Tikay10
    boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    rossjb14rossjb14 Member Posts: 700
    edited July 2009
    Here, here, BoroJ!  Just been called something unpleasant because nobody raised my blind and I hit two pair with 2 3 on the flop. The villian keeps betting out and I call as he's been aggressive on table. 3 at the end, so a full house, he had Ace 5 and missed his gutshot straight.

Spoils your night
  • Options
    redpaddyredpaddy Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2009
    can anything be done with the people that sign up for double money games then play one hand and sit until three are out?
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,170
    edited July 2009
    can anything be done with the people that sign up for double money games then play one hand and sit until three are out?
    Posted by redpaddy

Annoying as it is I guess they've paid their money and can 'play' how they want, including sitting out. I think were stuck with it!

• Options
    JPDERRYJPDERRY Member Posts: 112
    edited July 2009
    Posted by redpaddy
    blind him out lol,keep folding fast and take turns stealing his blinds lol only thing i can think of ?stop crying and just play?oh but ppl that play dm dont want to play?
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited July 2009

If you really mean playing 1 hand, then what follows is a genuine question Redpaddy: Surely '1-handers' would just get blinded away, no? 

The reason I ask, is because I play pretty tight and really enjoy the Double Your Money games. Seeing as you only need a top three position, it follows (to me at least), that this suits a tight game.

On some days, I just don't get a good hand, so tend to fold a lot. This can be exacerbated by the fact that sometimes, you get a 'suicide monkey' or two on the DYM tables, who shove frequently. In these instances, I definitely let them get on with it. My play doesn't look particularly dynamic at the table, but it's how I enjoy playing (sometimes only seeing a flop after 10 minutes). 

I often find that after 15 minutes of risk and furious raising, an aggressive player can have 500 less chips than they started with, so I don't really see the point in being busy, just to be playing... Am I missing something?

By the way, if you do play DYM SnG, please don't read this post as you'll now be aware of my playing style. Thanks.

On the subject of abuse, I agree; there is never a justification for it: It totally spoils the game and reflects badly on the person dishing it out. I've only had it once on Sky in the last few months, and will report if it happens again. 

Banter is great (and should be encouraged), as long as it's on a table with people who know and understand each other.

• Options
    edited July 2009

Nice Post FlutNush, & as NoseyBonk said in the previous Post, players are entitled to play any way they want. If they wanna sit-out, let them - I don't care.

I do prefer, as you do, the "busy-busy" Merchants who start off at 100mph. Almost invariably, they are the first to exit.

Each to their own.
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited July 2009

Thanks Tikay. 

For fun, I just tried a slightly busier style of play in 2 SnG's to see what happened. Shan't be doing it again. Captain Fold is back.

• Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited July 2009
    I hate nasty remarks sometimes it depends on the comments made a bit of banter or someone saying how bad you are  because it was a shocking play is acceptable but swearing in a nasty way or someone following a player on to another table just to put them off in the chat room is disgusting and very sad indeed. I had one occasion were a player put a link saying it was for stats of some sort, was infact a virus which cuts of your computer during play this was the worst i have ever seen and the person was reported, although i didnt find out the outcome sky would not tell me! but I hope he was banned. Some people do not respect that we are all playing for money and also the enjoyment of the game. Everyone goes on tilt at some point and  im at that point now! but i am a grown man and do not need to make childish comments. Get over it and use ur frustration in a constructive way at the table.

I guess some people use the excuse that its a tactic at times to put a player off and you should turn off the chat. But why should I and other players turn of chat when thats part of the fun and community thats on here because of one idiot. so in that respect I feel the chat ban is a good way to shut them up. But 3 strikes and you should be out.
  • Options
    tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2009
    Hi Everyone,
    I feel I should try and explain a few things to sky, Tikay and all the really nice players on this site.
    I have banned myself for August but not as a protest against sky or Bigstev42's chat ban,as for all I know he may well have deserved it, but simply as a way to attempt to make players realise that their behaviour can have a terrible effect on some players. The original poll I posted was to bring the problem to more players and make them more aware of their behaviour, As the written word does not offend me personally, it is still not right and I have for ages been trying to calm down situations that happen at any table I am on, even if it was nothing to do with me.
    There is a facility for all of us to use called notes. May I suggest that this is used for the purpose of noting bad play,bad call,loose play and abuse instead of going on tilt in the chat box. Very often if you have given someone a bad beat a simple sorry is the end of it.......how hard can that be...if we are all honest, we all make bad calls from time to time or end up hitting the miracle card......or get caught bluffing. That surely is part of the fun. Compare how your play changes when you are chip leader , as opposed to being short stacked....very different ....right.
    In conclusion if a handful of players stop and think  before opening their mouth's, I will be a happy player in September. For those of you that go on tilt and say dreadful things I list below something to consider.
    Thankyou for reading this.  Tigs

1 We all paid the same entry fee so that gives us the right to play how we want without abuse.
    2 The player may just be playing for enjoyment and fun
    3 The player may be recovering from an illness
    4The player may be recovering from a bereavement
    5 The player may have had some bad news...job loss....accident ...whatever
    6 The player just may be fed up with being bullied off the hand
    7 The player may think you are bluffing...because let's face it you have before.
    8 The player may have had a drink too many.
    9 The player you are angry with may be elderly.......you will be one day too.
    10The player may be thinking any two cards, shove.
    11The player may be using someone else's account
    12The player may..................................you fill in the gaps.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hi Everyone, I feel I should try and explain a few things to sky, Tikay and all the really nice players on this site. I have banned myself for August but not as a protest against sky or Bigstev42's chat ban,as for all I know he may well have deserved it, but simply as a way to attempt to make players realise that their behaviour can have a terrible effect on some players. The original poll I posted was to bring the problem to more players and make them more aware of their behaviour, As the written word does not offend me personally, it is still not right and I have for ages been trying to calm down situations that happen at any table I am on, even if it was nothing to do with me. There is a facility for all of us to use called notes. May I suggest that this is used for the purpose of noting bad play,bad call,loose play and abuse instead of going on tilt in the chat box. Very often if you have given someone a bad beat a simple sorry is the end of it.......how hard can that be...if we are all honest, we all make bad calls from time to time or end up hitting the miracle card......or get caught bluffing. That surely is part of the fun. Compare how your play changes when you are chip leader , as opposed to being short stacked....very different ....right. In conclusion if a handful of players stop and think  before opening their mouth's, I will be a happy player in September. For those of you that go on tilt and say dreadful things I list below something to consider. Thankyou for reading this.  Tigs 1 We all paid the same entry fee so that gives us the right to play how we want without abuse. 2 The player may just be playing for enjoyment and fun 3 The player may be recovering from an illness 4The player may be recovering from a bereavement 5 The player may have had some bad news...job loss....accident ...whatever 6 The player just may be fed up with being bullied off the hand 7 The player may think you are bluffing...because let's face it you have before. 8 The player may have had a drink too many. 9 The player you are angry with may be elderly.......you will be one day too. 10The player may be thinking any two cards, shove. 11The player may be using someone else's account 12The player may..................................you fill in the gaps.
    Posted by tiggerace7
    Hmm......

You'll be much missed Tigger. Roll on September.
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2009
    superb post tigger totally agree with what u say mate.. I FOR ONE WAS ONCE ONE OF THOSE WHO WAS ABUSIVE AND I WILL HOLD MY HANDS UP AND ADMIT THAT.... BUT OVER THE PAST YEAR OR SO IVE LEARNT MORE AND IT IS ABOUT ETIQUETTE AT THE END OF THE DAY AND ALL THE ABOVE U MENTIONED IS SPOT ON.. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING U AGAIN IN SEPT... ALL THE BEST AND GOOD LUCK JIM ;-)
  • Options
    KingDougKingDoug Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2009
    I BACK TIGGER 100 PERCENT, AND JIMBO 31, I AM IMPRESSED AND DEAM YOU A VERY GOOD PLAYER ALL THE BEST TO YOU TIG AND YOU JIMBO31 FROM KINGDOUG
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I WILL CONTINUE TO PLAY THIS MONTH BUT FROM THE 4TH AUGUST I WILL NOT BE USING THE CHAT, SPEAK IN AUGUST . GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL
  • Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009

good post there tigs u have it in a nutshell and will be missed at the tables  take care & c u in sept

dtw
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited August 2009
    I PERSONALLY TINK ITS A SHAME UR TAKING AUG OFF,,MIND U SOMETIMES ITS A GOOD THING 2 HAVE A BREAK,I THINK THE CHAT NASTYS HAVE SLOWLY DRIFTED AWAY BUT LIKE EVERY SITE U ALWAYS GET ONE OR 2 IDIOTS WHO TRY AND RUIN IT FOR OTHERS,, I HOPE THAT U COME BACK FRESHER AND HAPPIER IN SEPT UNTIL THEN

B LUKKY X
  • Options
    tommo53tommo53 Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2009
    This is my 1st time on this forum and Tigger is spot on, the number of times I have treid to calm down idiots who go out of their way to be abusive in order to peck up their game. Would these same people behave like that round a real game table.....I doubt it as someone would likely to take humbridge and deal with it openly in whatever mean necessary. I fully suport you tigger and hope you do carry on and come back in Sept.

Tommo
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    HELLO EVRYBODY,

IT IS GOOD TO SEE SOME PLAYERS SUPPORTING TIGS
    WE ALL KNOW THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS ARE GOOD FUN TO PLAY AGAINST AND I JUST FEEL IT IS A SHAME FOR TIGS
    I HOPE SHE WILL BE BACK IN SEPT AS I KNOW SOME PLAYERS ARE MISSING HER CHAT

KINGDOUG
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2009
    I BACK TIGGER 100 PERCENT, AND JIMBO 31, I AM IMPRESSED AND DEAM YOU A VERY GOOD PLAYER ALL THE BEST TO YOU TIG AND YOU JIMBO31 FROM KINGDOUG
    Posted by KingDoug
    THANKYOU FOR THE COMMENT KINGDOUG... GOOD LUCK TO U;-)