You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community

Comments

• Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited September 2009
    thanks a lot rich--just found it very hard to believe --saint felt it was unjust and has always been very polite and friendly in the  past--as i said we were shocked to hear it--but if you think it was fair--then i can only say thanks for looking into it and hope it counts as a warning for all players not to retaliate in these situations --but to report it

thanks again--really great to know you are there for us
  • Options
    thesaint07thesaint07 Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community:
    hi guys, first point i have to make here is that the forum really isn't the place to be discussing chat bans, please in future can everyone go through the correct channels and contact customer care. i really want this community to be used as it was intended.... for open, friendly debate. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- taking a look at the transcript i'm afraid that there were numerous examples of abusive language. there were various bans handed out and i feel they were fair. thanks everyone and i do hope you all continue to be great members of this community. all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    hi rich,thanks for the looking into this situation,i know i retaliated in that game which is just as bad and will take the ban on the chin.it will be a lesson hard learned.many thanks,shane aka thesaint
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : hi rich,thanks for the looking into this situation,i know i retaliated in that game which is just as bad and will take the ban on the chin.it will be a lesson hard learned.many thanks,shane aka thesaint
    Posted by thesaint07
    that is a fantastic attitude to have. i really hope you enjoy your poker, this community and your chat after the ban has expired. i also hope you continue to be a valued member of the forum

all the best,

Rich
  • Options
    xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited September 2009
    Didnt c the conversation between thesaint and baliey but have played both in the past and the saint is a really nice polite guy cant say the same 4 other......I do understand about the chat ban but 3 months is harsh.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
     Hi Rich yet again a post has been removed from a thread leaving it confusing to others who didn't manage to view it.     Before it was removed.    Then----- you wonder why these threads suddenly stop. Where is every one gone you asked --- given up or disillusioned or both.  I did ask for a area on the site to view this offending material but this was objected to and voted out.  I'm I being silly again then to ask for a warning on the thread prior to removal that this is offensive and will be removed thus giving those wishing to view it, time to do so and make their own minds up.    Your comment or anyone else think this is valid point or non starter.  
    Posted by goldon
    hey Goldon,

the Sky Poker community has a team of moderators that work around the clock and whose sole job it is to remove abusive content. by 'abusive content' i mean anything that breaks our house rules.

if the moderators find any such content they will remove it. where plausible they will notify that they have removed a post but this will not always be the case.

please keep all of your posts in line with the house rules and then there will be no need for any posts to be remove in the future.

thanks for being understanding and i hope you continue to be a valued member of this community.

Rich
  • Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    ok i'll do some investigation and see if i can get hold of the chat transcript in question
    Posted by Sky_Rich

hi rich have left you a PM message reguarding an incident at a cash table i warned the person twice who just carried on  ruined the game for everyone  will wait & see what happens
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited September 2009

hey sky rich i posted a thread yesterday about a player making unfounded accusations of cheating. after 3-4 posts on reporting to customer care and how they handled the problem not only mine but others, the thread was removed. you said you encourage open friendly debate and at no time were players names mentioned and players were only stating what a bad response thay were getting off sky customer care. By open friendly debate do you mean as long as their are no posts which show sky care team in a bad light no matter if the posts were not nasty or true etc

• Options
    edited September 2009
    hey sky rich i posted a thread yesterday about a player making unfounded accusations of cheating. after 3-4 posts on reporting to customer care and how they handled the problem not only mine but others, the thread was removed. you said you encourage open friendly debate and at no time were players names mentioned and players were only stating what a bad response thay were getting off sky customer care. By open friendly debate do you mean as long as their are no posts which show sky care team in a bad light no matter if the posts were not nasty or true etc
    Posted by loonytoons
    Hi loonytoons,

you are 100% correct i do want to encourage open, friendly debate in this community. i wasn't aware of any such thread being deleted, i will do some research into this matter and apologise before hand for this (if it has been deleted).

if so i will make sure that only posts that break the house rules will be deleted in the future.

please again accept my apologies and i hope you continue to use the community.

All the best,

Rich
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited September 2009
    thanks rich im not being bothersome its just i went back to see what other opinions were a couple of hours later and the thread was gone - maybe someone posted something they shouldnt have after i left but then again that post could have been deleted only. cheers anyway
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    not a problem. thanks for alerting me to this. i'll make sure that it doesn't happen again, i really want all you guys to feel able to talk freely.

thanks again,

Rich
  • Options
    KdanemKdanem Member Posts: 118
    edited September 2009

Had to just report a player on here think he was prob a little boy but his vulgarity is not what this site needs glad sky are banning his chat

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Had to just report a player on here think he was prob a little boy but his vulgarity is not what this site needs glad sky are banning his chat
    Posted by Kdanem
    Was it that razorkev? I heard he is a nasty piece of work .. ;-)
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community : lol no,he has been good 2 day only because its my b day
    Posted by Kdanem
    Hi

er, unfortunatlely, naming a player is considered to be not such a good thing to do, sorry :(, if I dont bring youir attention to it someone else will.  Could you please edit the post to remove the name?

Many thanks
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    hey kdanem,

unfortunately i have had to remove your post. as acebarry says, we don't really want other users to be 'named' on the forum for being abusive, you completely did the right thing by reporting them to customer care though - so well done!

and.... a big happy birthday to you. i hope you have a great day.

Rich
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    hey kdanem, unfortunately i have had to remove your post. as acebarry says, we don't really want other uses to be 'named' on the forum for being abusive, you completely did the right thing by reporting them to customer care though - so well done! and.... a big happy birthday to you. i hope you have a great day. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

I quickly modified the replay :)
  • Options
    JPDERRYJPDERRY Member Posts: 112
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community- - - abused at table:
    In Response to Re: Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community- - - abused at table : please report this directly to our customer care team Michael - this way issues will be given the full attention they require. to report please click here and follow the instructions thanks DTW
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    rich u not going to chat 2 me about my chat bann for life,for calling some1 of tks friend a idiot on ptp cash table? it was harsh,i used to be a big player on sky,now i play eles where,where i can chat,and call ppl idiots and muppets,i beleave sky r loseing there big mtt players,as i can see in the grtds droping,chat banning ppl for petty things is not going to bring players to sky?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ok i'll do some investigation and see if i can get hold of the chat transcript in question
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    what about me???????????
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    ask norman pace what my game is in the chat box? 1 2 times i took it too far and was chat banned few months,was told next time be for life,so i was on best behaviour using only words like idiot and muppet and the odd ***** with no spaces? cmon give me 1 last chance,i miss sky,but i need my chat
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Here, here, BoroJ!  Just been called something unpleasant because nobody raised my blind and I hit two pair with 2 3 on the flop. The villian keeps betting out and I call as he's been aggressive on table. 3 at the end, so a full house, he had Ace 5 and missed his gutshot straight. Spoils your night
    Posted by rossjb14
    IDIOTS LIKE U SPOIL MY NIGHT
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Acceptable behaviour on the Sky Poker community:
    Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who has been involved so far in the Sky Poker community. From our point of view we are absolutely delighted with how quickly you have all become involved and also with the quantity and overall quality of the contributions.  There have been some fascinating discussions on poker strategy to follow as well as a great deal of humourous observations on poker, life and software randomness.... (I'm thinking of asking Rich to add a new topic area called " T he Grassy Knoll " so all the conspiracy theorists out there can have a dedicated home-from-home on the site - let me know what you think).   It's been our hope to take a very light touch in the management and moderation of the community - we see the community as your area - where self management is the rule. However, we do need to ensure that all our customers; new or regular; novice or expert, feel welcome and can enjoy the experience.  Unfortunately we've had a small number of posts / threads where derogatory comments about other players have been made - this is not acceptable.  Any comments or threads containing content that could cause offence to another player will be removed - it's not what this community is about and we won't allow it. Also if we get any repeat offenders then we'll take away their ability to participate in the community.   Sorry if this is coming over heavy-handed but I think it's important to establish the rules now to avoid any confusion. Although we've had to get involved on a couple of occasions so far, the overall standard of contributions has been excellent - so thanks once again for your support.  Please help us by reporting any content you feel is inappropriate.  Regards  Peter Customer Operations Director P.S. Here are the official community House rules that can be found at the bottom of the community homepage - We want you to enjoy your Sky Poker community and use it as a place for open, friendly conversation. We also hope that every player sees this as a place to learn about poker, perhaps teach some others too and generally have a great, fun Sky Poker experience. To help make this possible we would ask that everyone follows the following simple rules. You must not post comments that: •    Make unfounded or unproved allegations (especially of wrongdoing) against a person, organisation or group. •    Contain swear words or language which may offend. This may include swear words with asterisks replacing some letters. •    Break the law, or encourage/support breaking the law. •    Advertise goods or services including other betting and gaming sites and affiliate websites. •    Include URLs of third party websites which may contain offensive or illegal material •    Are racist, sexist, homophobic, abusive or otherwise objectionable. •    Include personal details (yours or someone else's, such as phone numbers and addresses). •    Are made to appear as if they have been posted by someone else (impersonation). •    Are repeated more than once (spam). •    Deviate wildly from the topic of the thread or blog.  Any threads, postings or remarks which could cause offence to other players for whatever reasons will not be tolerated within the Sky Poker Community, and all such threads will be removed.  Please note that each user is solely responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of content that they post. We accept no liability for false, misleading, inaccurate, infringing or other actionable material. As the community owners we reserve the right to monitor and remove any content that breaks the rules set above. Any user that repeatedly breaks these rules may be permanently excluded from participating within the community.    
    Posted by Sky_Peter
    HEY FATBOY SPECKY 4 EYES,R MY POST BEING SHOWN ON THIS FORUM?BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE IAM TALKING TO MYSELF