You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 11/5/2013:
    I believe    Stone Of Folca will run well on thursday in the York 1.45 race   
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,316
    edited May 2013
    Picked my horses last night and have found again that Pricewise has copied me.

Anyway here goes

iiii - Jammy Guest - 4.05 Newmarket -13-2 - Trainer reckons this is one of the smartest horses he has ever had. Apparently slaughtered his winner last week in a training gallop and won well last time out. Entered for Royal Ascot and a tremendous price although he has now been backed in to 5-1. Not as good as they thought .

iii - Beauty Parlour - 3.50 Newbury - 6-1 - Tremendous horse in France and rated as highly as Zarkova. Henry didnt seem to have worked his magic its last run but talk is that over the winter she has blossomed and has been backed (**** Pricewise) for what is a very competitive race. Non Runner

ii - The Osteopath - 5.10 Thirsk - 8-1 - Ok Neil this could be head ruling heart but he has gone up 4lb for his last win which he won easily but 7lb claimer this time. Also CD winner Thirsk and ground should be right up his street. Will I be disappointed agin? YES, didnt get out and never in it and never going to win

i- Caravan rolls On- 2.20 Newm - 5-1 - This is my one candle rating for one reason only and that is I fear Sohar. Otherwise it would have been my 3 candle. Always runs well first time out and everything will suit. Except Spencer who couldn't make his mind up on where to go and again made his horse run about 100 yards further than he needed to. switch, switch and switch again.

Other horses backed today

Thirsk 2.50 = Oldjoesaid -10-3- slowly out and never got to them
    4.00 Kyleakin Lass -7-2 -Nowhere

Newmarket
    1.45 Dashwood 8-1-Handicapper caught up with him
    2.20 Sohar 33-1 -NR
    2.55 Rivellino 6-1 Baulked at every move , very unlucky watch next time 

Newb

2.05 Willing Foe 6-1 - Won easily and one to follow
    2.40 signor Sassi 14-1(pricewise) Got itself wound up at the stalls then pulled hard impossible after that
    3.15 Hillstar 11-8 now evens fav- pulled hard
    Good luck everybody
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    not a good day and back to £17 up
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Away for the weekend so rushed job.

iiii- Saucy Minx - 5.15 Goodwood

iii - Sole Power -3.50 Haydock

ii- Albaqqaa - 2.`10 Haydock

i- Here comes when - 3.15 Haydock 
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Two winners and a nr so good day. Pity I didn't do kings gate double.i would think somebody did. Anyway with a 5-2 and a 4-1 winner I am now £26 up on these to £1 level stake.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ii- Available - 4.25 Ascot - 11-1 - Filly on the up grade and won nicely last time out. Can do it again . Drawn wrong side

Hope you were all on today - 9-1 winner
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    todays ratings

iiii - High Troja - 1.35 Epsom - 5-1 - I really fancies Hillstar last time and I still think it is a good horse. This horse stuffed it at 25-1 and I think it will win again. Never in it, wondered if he liked the course.

iii - Justice Day - 2.20 Musselboro - SP - two wins from three starts and should score again. 2nd at Evens

ii- Classic Colori  -5.05 Muss - 9-4  - should have beaten my two candle rating last week until jockey dropped his hands. It is a winner without a penalty and should be ok this week. THEY GAVE HIM 7LB SO NOT WINNER WITHOUT PENALTY BUT STILL HOPEFUL. At last a winner , held on well and 10-3 a nice price.

i- Gabbiano - 5.25 Epsom - 10-1- On the upgrade and hopefily the handicapper hasnt caught up with him. Nowhere

Other fancies-

Neighbother 2.05 Epsom 8-1 Nowhere
    Ajjaad 3.15 Epsom -14-1 -CD winner , also Fair Value 14-1 -thought he would win 50 yards from line.

Cant really see Dawn Approach not giving his sire two classics in two days but little saver on Ocovango 8-1 
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Still over £26 up
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Todays horses

iiii- City Girl - 3.50 Haydock - 15-2 - Trainer had first two in the oaks showing what a good trainer of fillies he is. Ok well beaten into second last time over 6f but zanetto is a class horse. Also horse loves fast ground which is guaranteed for this race. absolutely mugged, whether it would have won dont know but never had a chance after interference.

iii - De Riguer 2.05 Haydock - 8-1 -Good second to Tiger Cliff over 1m 6f last time and hopefully cheekpieces will bring improvement from him to win this. Certainly did and Adam Kirby gave it a tremendous ride, nice winner for my scoop six.

ii - Ehtedaam - 2.20 Newmarket - 11-4 - Looked very good last time and going for the hat trick. hoping he is a godolphin improver and this race will take him to another level. Didnt improve at all and down went my scoop six.

i- Ghost Runner 4.40 Newm -7-2 - Won well last time and second has franked the form since and nice weight for handicap debut. nowhere

Also fancy
    Spifer 7-1 Chester 3.20-nowhere
    Nocturn 7-2 2.55 Newmarket phew all over the place and then just held on
    Quiz Mistress 13-2 2.40 Haydock -never going to win
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    one winner in the ratings and one outside.

£31 up for ratings
  • Options
    daphne56daphne56 Member Posts: 811
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 8/6/2013:
    Todays horses iiii- City Girl - 3.50 Haydock - 15-2 - Trainer had first two in the oaks showing what a good trainer of fillies he is. Ok well beaten into second last time over 6f but zanetto is a class horse. Also horse loves fast ground which is guaranteed for this race. absolutely mugged, whether it would have won dont know but never had a chance after interference. iii - De Riguer 2.05 Haydock - 8-1 -Good second to Tiger Cliff over 1m 6f last time and hopefully cheekpieces will bring improvement from him to win this. Certainly did and Adam Kirby gave it a tremendous ride, nice winner for my scoop six. ii - Ehtedaam - 2.20 Newmarket - 11-4 - Looked very good last time and going for the hat trick. hoping he is a godolphin improver and this race will take him to another level. Didnt improve at all and down went my scoop six. i- Ghost Runner 4.40 Newm -7-2 - Won well last time and second has franked the form since and nice weight for handicap debut. nowhere Also fancy Spifer 7-1 Chester 3.20- nowhere Nocturn 7-2 2.55 Newmarket phew all over the place and then just held on Quiz Mistress 13-2 2.40 Haydock - never going to win i agree about city girl bagged 9/1 friday evening annoying getting price then dont get run worth watching

Posted by vaigret
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This weeks ratings

iiii - 2.40 York - Ginger Jack -8-1- Horse well handicapped on best form and last time out centre of a BHA inquiry. Rider did not try an inch and it was running on fifth. Rider banned for a long period at said enquiry and Trainer deemed innocent. This horse entered for three races over this weekend so looking to run him, assume fit to run well. Trainer wouldnt dare not to run it on its merits so expect a big run. Was definitely trying, 1mile 1 furlong probably against him. Look out for him back over mile.

iii- 2.20 Sandown - Ashaad -4-1 - Already backed in from 7-1 and was entered for two races this weekend. Gets in on bottom weight and Ryan Moore booked. Smooth last to first win last time out and only 5lb penalty. Knocked slightly after a furlong but never going to win/

ii- 3.50 York - Rivellino- 8-1 already backed in from 10-1 this horse won well two races ago and then had major trouble in running last time when stopped about four times by horses coming across him. Trainer in good form this year. Ran well and finished fifth

i - 5.10 Musselboro - Size - 11-4 - another horse which has already been backed. Won very easily last time out and should go in again. Backed into to evens and won to get me out of trouble.

Other horses I fancy

1.50 Sand - Noble Gift - 9-2 Strange going better than winner at one time but just seemed to labour home.
    2.55 Sand - Smoothtalking rascal 2-1 -NR
    3.30 Sand  O'gorman 10-1-NR
    2.05 York -Cosmic Sun
    3.35 Muss- Stone of folca -11-1

Good luck all who betting 
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Lost 0.25p on my ratings horses so got away with what was a bad day overall.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    iiii - 2.40 York - Ginger Jack -8-1- Horse well handicapped on best form and last time out centre of a BHA inquiry. Rider did not try an inch and it was running on fifth. Rider banned for a long period at said enquiry and Trainer deemed innocent. This horse entered for three races over this weekend so looking to run him, assume fit to run well. Trainer wouldnt dare not to run it on its merits so expect a big run. Was definitely trying, 1mile 1 furlong probably against him. Look out for him back over mile.

Hope you got him today even though over 1m 1f again and only 15/8
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hi all,

Hope you all have had a good Royal Ascot.

I have had a winner a day , not good enough to secure a profit but at least my losses weren't huge thanks to them.

Anyway to tomorrow and the bets should come from Ascot really, even though tough old races and some I cant get down to two selections let alone one. Therefore my main ratings are for horses I can get down to one fancy and lesser meetings.

iiii- Mount Athos -3.05 - 5-2 -Ok not an inspired choice but trainer given a target at start of season to win 3 races this year. The chester race already in bag and Melbourne Cup to follow. Hoping he takes this target on the way. Didnt get best of runs but Spencer didnt give him a chance, him and Hughes are brilliant at getting into trouble. Ok they look brilliant when they get it right but oh they get it wrong a lot. Well done Thomas Chippendale hope he is ok but doesn't look good.

iii - Freedom Square 2.30 11-1 -Irish had a good week this week and hoping this one of Bolger's can carry it on.
    Just not good enough
    ii-  Mass Rally 4.25 -20-1 - This is very much a punt and as you know this is one of my favourite horses. His last win was as good as ever and hopefully he might be able to step forward further. He beat Nocturn well last time giving that horse  8lb. Nocturn won next time so franking the form but only gets 5lb this time. Nocturn price 10-1 so value with this horse. Knocked by the winner two furlongs out but wouldnt have won, might have finished in places. Bad draw.
     Duke of Firenze is danger.

i- Gabbiano 5.15 Newmarket  -13-2 - Won well twice and then hated Epsom last time. Good apprentice on and will like this course so much better . Not good enough.

Other fancies

3.45 Ascot -Gordon Lord Byron 13/2 and Society Rock 7/2 GLB not good enough, Society Rock , kieron too confident that he could beat Lethal Force again and underestimated him. Ride your horse not others, if you were a good thinker you wouldn't be a jockey !!!!!
    5.00 Ascot -really struggling to pick between Rye House 6, Caravan Rolls On 7, Hanoverain Baron 16 and Highland Castle 10-1. gone For CRO given every chance not good enough and Highland castle in end pulled to hard.
    5.35 Courtesy Call 12-1 didnt stay and Sohar 33-1 ran really well, this horse will win at a big price one day

6.50 Haydock Flying Bear SP 2nd
    and old favourite
    7.50 The Osteopath 10--1

Good luck all
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Get on Berkshire now for the Derby 2014.

I think he will win it but very very likely to get placed and remember you heard it here first. Pity I didnt  go for it today but put off by Chamionship's run the other day.

This horse will improve and improve again.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Still £26 up on my ratings but a bad week last week so here goes to recover some money .

iiii - Ultrasonic - 3.30 Newmarket - 13-2  - Ryan Moore stays at Newmarket and rides this for his guvnor . Ran very eyecatchingly last time after finding trouble in running. she has done that the last twice. Over this shorter distance I reckon they will use her a bit better and she will win. Ran ok but not good enough

iii- Moidore - 3.15 Newcastle -10-1 - Ran well behind impressive Ascot winner Well sharp last time. Jockey thought he was going to win two furlongs out and wasnt to know Well Sharp loping along just behind him with a full tank. This race ususualy won by horse carring less then 9 stone and weighted nicely. Has to reverse form with Ardlui and double figure draw but 10 not too bad and Ardlui drwan 12. Ran ok but pleased to see Tominator  win . 

ii - Fast Shot - 2.40 Newcastle -5-1 -Won this race last year and ground has come right for him. Very good second to D ick Bos last time out without a clear run . Di ck Bos has gone to the Curragh tomorrow for good race. Very very disappointing, Pricewise back to form with Baby Strange, wish I was.

i- Mass Rally  -2.05 Newcastle - 8-1  -Ok this could be another heart ruling my head decision but I am still certain his last win earmaked him out as more than just a handicapper. Last time he was just getting into his stride when bumped by the eventual winner and allowed to come home in his own time. Not saying he would have picked up like the winner but it didnt help him. Ran another great race off level weights with Jack Dexter, he is definitely still improving and only just missed out, ran on just too late. 

Other fancies

Ducab at Chester 4.25
    Compton 10-1 3.50 Newcastle
  • Options
    daphne56daphne56 Member Posts: 811
    edited June 2013

did you get on city girl after ul run last time tonight 8/1
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 29/6/2013:
          did you get on city girl after ul run last time tonight 8/1
    Posted by daphne56
    ffs wrote in my horses to follow book then missed it !!!!!!

Hope you were on
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited June 2013
    I use the At The Races  ATR  Tracker.

Attheraces.com register , list all the horses you want to follow and they send you an e-mail reminder, the day before.

Find it very useful