You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,310
    edited March 2013
    A nice £4 profit from my ratings on first day of cheltenham

now £36 up
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    4 losers second day of Cheltenham so now back to £32 up to a £1 level stake
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    8 losers last two days of Cheltenham
    means my ratings now down to £24 up to £1.

Luckily my other bets meant I had a winning Cheltenham after all. Thanks to Salsify
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Struggling at mo to get four horses I like, try and post two more tomoz.

iiii - Chac Du Cadran - 4-1 -3.50 Uttoxeter - Won North Yorkshire National easily and really fancied this for Eider and no reason why it shouldnt win this one. Ground got to him but would never have beaten that winner.

iii -Kaylif Aramis - 3-1 -3.15 Uttoxeter - Beat The Bear Trap well and then got run out of it close home by Baby shine the other week. Back a furlong for this and hoping it will hold on this time. WON REALLY WELL

ii - Gormanstown Cuckoo - 7-1 -3.40 Ffos Las - We have been burnt by this horse once and the connections are definitely playing games but could this be the day. Backed again and tongue tie for the first time since it last won. At least he was trying to win this but found Scoter Fontaine too good, I had a feeling that was the danger so did s Str8 Forcst saver and that came in , JUST

i - Bear Behind - 10-1  - 2.20 Lingfield - Not often I look at whippet racing but as this is a big meeting hoping the class will out. This horse been running well in Dubai and come back. If he has travelled well, can get to the front from his wide draw then I think he can hang on to win. Fancied 2 in this race and went for the longest odds, got out but couldnt keep it. other fancy Ladies Forever pi ssed it at 10-1 !!!!

Others I fancy
    4.00 Kempton - Kie 4-1 NR
    If Kaylif aramis wins get on Baby Shine 4.35 Kempton ran well for 2nd
    2.05 Uttox -Struanmore 12-1 -LAST
    2.40 Uttox-Hunters Lodge 11-4 won well
    3.50 uttox-saver on fill The Power 8-1 lost
    2.55 Ling- Emell 9-4 lost
    3.30 Premier Loco 5-1 lost

good luck all

• Options
    edited March 2013
    updated as above
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 2/3/2013:
    iii - Jumps Road -4.15 Wincanton -6-1 - Missed 12-1 an hour or so ago and now backed down to 6-1. Last time over 2m 4f was going as well as anything at this distance with Kaylif Aramis and The Bear Trap. Faded on run in. Back in trip I reckon he will run a very good race and being backed as if defeat out of question. And defeat was out of the question further backed into 4-1 and won nicely . Followed up well today at 9-1 Look out for the horses he beat the time before Headlys Bridge and South Stack
    Posted by vaigret
    what came fourth in this race

SCOTER FONTAINE WON AT  4-1 16/3/13
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    WITH ONE WINNER TODAY still £24 up on the ratings to £1 level stake.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    After another treble yesterday lets see if I can get more than one of my ratings in today

iiii - Educate - 2.40 don - 9-1 - Won its last two races last season and hoping it has matured over winter and his trainer has it well tuned up. If he has it has a very good chance on ground it likes.

iii - Harrison George - 2/05 Don - 9-1 - If I didnt also like Colonel Mak in this race this would rate four candles. Recently tuned up at Wolverhampton and with the star young jockey Robert Tart on board , this horse has already been backed in from 16's to 9-1.

ii - Elevenfiftynine - 2.55 Newbury -8-1 - This has been the target of this horse all year and is now running at its right distance and with its ground.

i - Capaill Liath - 3.50 Don -50-1 - I gave a 50-1 shot in this race last year but that was over optimism from its owners. This is off my own back and I am a bit more confident. will love heavy ground , has a nice weight and some good form mixed in.

Also fancy-

Our Jonathon 3-15 Don 7-1 backed in from 9's and goos early season form before.
    Tara Rose - 2.20 New 4-1
    Handy Andy 3,30 New 10-3 but worried re Rhum 
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Oki I got Educate a week late but the same thing applied and I was in Dubai and unable to post my ratings I am taking it. Therefore £29 up.

Now to this week

iiii - Jumps Road 5.10 aintree -14-1 -Stable horses running well especially with B Powell on and this horse has won its last two races at this distancve and form franked by a number of good winners. Ran ok but never going to win

iii - Imperial Commander - Grand National - 16-1 - Top weight but on best form it is thrown in. Also ran really well last timne in argento, just getting beaten by Gold cup horse who had fitness advantage. Trainer knows wht it takes to win this race and confident of very good showing for this former Gold Cup winner. Went out like a light, have a feeling he is still not 100%

ii - Eduard - 1.45 Aintree - 5-1 - Ran a number of good races this year including good third to Melodic Rendezvous. Has to stay extra three furlongs and hopefully the trainer knows what he is doing. Ran ok but couldnt have beaten that winner, where did it come from !!!

i - Solwhit - 2.50 Aintree - 9-4  - If this horse ok after World Hurdle win and I am sure his trainer wouldnt have brought him over if he didnt think he was. Great price for what looks like a certainty. Well he was certainly well wasnt he, very easy winner. Money for old rope.

Also fancy 

Opening Batsman  7-1 3.25 Something went wrong but never would have beaten Battle Group. What an Aintree double. 
    Overturn 15-8 2.15 2nd
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    About £28 up
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Sorry I am a bit late with these and we missed a couple of good prices. Having said that it is difficult at this time of year with jumps forms now on different ground and the flat only having just started.

iiii - Solar Deity 7-4 3.50Kempton - This horse loves all weather and has good recent form with tyrainer very bullish. Dont like odds of under 2-1 but having said that it could be buying money at this price. Sorry all only just struggled into 3rd.

iii - Gormanstown Cuckoo - 4.30 Urtooxeter - 7-2 - Cant leave this one out after following for most of the year. Unfortunately been backed in from 6-1 this morning and missed that price. Tongue tie on again now has first and second with that apparatus and beaten by big improver last time. Ran on much too late and would never have won. Ground probably went against him as well.

ii- Glen Moss-2.05 Kempton - 5-1 - Has  good C & D form winning first time out last season and than ran some really good races in defeat. Bu gger also fancied Grey Mirage who they said wouldnt like size of field or draw. Should have had a forecast saver. 2nd

i- Iolith - 4.15 Stratford -7-2 - Ran really well to come fourth in hottish handicap last time out. stable in tterrific form recently and very hopeful this doesnt have any bounce back from last run and wins nicely. I think he bounced lol terrible run

Other horses I fancy today

Ballyculla - 10-3 at 1.40 Uttox -3rd at 9-2, thought at one time he would go on and win but tired. 
    Chandlery 13-2 2.20 Don. Not completely fit since his injury. Gabriel good winner but one to take out of it is Stand My Ground. Very tendily handled when didnt get run and ran on well to take 3rd.
    Eagle Rock 10-1 2.55 Don Ran Ok thats all
    Move In Time 8-1 3.30 Don -at last a winner and a very good one at that, will win again
    Stirring Ballad 4-1 3.15 Kemp Ran on well to get 2nd although never going to win. Next time she will.    
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2013
    £10 win on solar deity the charity bet from the NAPS league freeroll profits then F.V? or u want to pick one of the others? 
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 13/4/2013:
    £10 win on solar deity the charity bet from the NAPS league freeroll profits then F.V? or u want to pick one of the others? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    No mate , Hoping you were going to pick that one and dont want to give myself more pressure by selecting another.

Good luck
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2013

K 'it's on'

GL us

Your bet has now been placed

SingleID:O/2377539/0000038

Solar Deity6/43:50 Kempton - 13/04/2013
    Stake £10.00
    Estimated Return:£25.00
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 13/4/2013:
    K 'it's on' GL us Your bet has now been placed Single ID: O/2377539/0000038 Solar Deity 6/4 3:50 Kempton -  13/04/2013 Stake  £ 10.00 Estimated Return: £ 25.00 Total Stake:  £ 10.00 Potential Return:  £ 25.00
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    sorry mate
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Now only £24 up to £1 level stake
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I would usually include the Scottish Grand National in my ratings but finding it hard to pin one down. Horses carrying 11st + have only won once in 10 years so its further down you need to look and I have three fancies
    Big Occasion 14-1 which is a huge price after he won Midlands so easily.
    Rebeccas choice 25-1 who has been running well all season
    Fill The Power -20-1 who has been my fancy for this race all season . Will he stay and give sue Smith the double . 2nd and Fifth and well done Godsmejudge and W Hutchinson.

Now to my ratings

iiii - Educate - 5-1  - 2.20 New - Tipped this last time then missed backing it because I was in dubai. Now Pricewise has locked on so missed the early price. Never going well

iii - Cactus Valley - 5-1  -1.15 Newbury -class horse in race but has top weight , nevertheless if charlton has it fit it should win this. Won handicap than finished second to November handicap winner.
     phew finished in the places, just, after looking to come and win the race. Never going to beat winner though and eased when chance gone. Next time.

ii- Desert Image- 12-1  -2.55 New -
    Great fan of Rodshu Queen but wonder if she has trained on and whether she will like ground/trip on debut. charlie Hills in good form so far and this horse has won over distance some might struggle to get trip. Good price. Never going to win and Rodshu Queen is a 5f/6f horse.

i -Ifandbutwhynot - 4-1 -2.40 Ayr - Heart ruling head a bit here as this horse has been one of my trusty servants over the winter. Hoping he can use his low weight to good effect to beat classier horses. Most of the way he looked like the only winner and then jumped last two terribly. Thats two horses so far I've done today have fell at last. He wouldnt have won anyway and hope ok after fall.

Also fancy

Changing Times 9-2 - 2.05 Ayr -would have won, not Sam TD's best ride
    His Excellency 15-2 - 3.15 Ayr 2nd

Hope everybody has a good day with winners.

father V
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Another losing week now only £20up
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    When you get up late you miss the early prices and sorry to my followerts for my laxity.

Also need to stop downward spiral.

iiii - Finians Rainbow -2.40 Sandown-4-1 - Cannot beleive this horse has lost all its form and hope that at last he has ground that he can act on this season. Also not giving much weight away to his rivals. Got to keep the faith with one of my 10 to follow for the season. Now he loses to Sire De Grugy after looking like winner all way round. Another 2nd

iii - Thomas Chippendale - 3.15 Sandown - 11-4 - Another horse which is the class horse in the race and forgiven him for not winning the St Leger. This should be much easier. Another 2nd, looked like he would win when he first went forward, wonder if Tom had gone for it then rather than ease back he might have won . Might be my wallet talking though after terrible day.

ii -Mcvicar - 1.30 Sandown -6-1 -Oh dear so late I missed the 12-1 and now down to 6-1. Favourite jockey and trainer and Wayne tipped it up on the Morning Line. Wouldnt it be good that when Thornton fit King actually stayed with a jockey who can deliver. No coincidence King having best part of season whilst choc injured. Wayne brilliant jockey not so good tipster LOL

i- Ginger Jack -2.20 Ripon -10-1 - This horse has won on its seasonal debut twice in last three years and won good race last backend. Still one pound lower than a winning mark and good claimer on board. Good young jockey obviously told to make sure this didnt win today. Dropped him out and then continually put him behind a wall of horses everytime the horse went forward. Watch for next 3 runs. 

Other fancies -

2.55 Ripon - Manyriverstocross - 7-1 to 9-2, now watch Ardlui win this. LOL Surprise, surprise.Manyrivers never put into race and Ardlui wins!!!!
    2.30 Punchestown - Zest for Life 6-1 .Looked beaten then nearly won it on the line.
    3.45 Punchestown -Wych hill 9-2 watch this return to form without McCoy riding. 3rd jumped poorly at times.
    3.50 Sandown - Away we Go 13-2 and Balthazar King 16-1. 3rd and pulled up

Also had a little on Grandads Horse 2.05 Sand -went out like a light

Good luck all 
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 27/4/2013:
    When you get up late you miss the early prices and sorry to my followerts for my laxity. Also need to stop downward spiral. iiii - Finians Rainbow -2.40 Sandown-4-1 - Cannot beleive this horse has lost all its form and hope that at last he has ground that he can act on this season. Also not giving much weight away to his rivals. Got to keep the faith with one of my 10 to follow for the season. iii - Thomas Chippendale - 3.15 Sandown - 11-4 - Another horse which is the class horse in the race and forgiven him for not winning the St Leger. This should be much easier. ii -Mcvicar - 1.30 Sandown -6-1 -Oh dear so late I missed the 12-1 and now down to 6-1. Favourite jockey and trainer and Wayne tipped it up on the Morning Line. Wouldnt it be good that when Thornton fit King actually stayed with a jockey who can deliver. No coincidence King having best part of season whilst choc injured. i- Ginger Jack -2.20 Ripon -10-1 - This horse has won on its seasonal debut twice in last three years and won good race last backend. Still one pound lower than a winning mark and good claimer on board. Other fancies - 2.55 Ripon - Manyriverstocross - 7-1 to 9-2, now watch Ardlui win this LOL 2.30 Punchestown - Zest for Life 6-1 3.45 Punchestown -Wych hill 9-2 watch this return to form without McCoy riding 3.50 Sandown - Away we Go 13-2 and Balthazar King 16-1 Also had a little on Grandads Horse 2.05 Sand Good luck all 
    Posted by vaigret

Today's the day for Finians  terry.