You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2013
    officially soft (and testing to boot!)

my naps table pick might be non runner now, still think of its leniant mark of 136 that Emma Lavelle shuld let her stable star take his chance regardless
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,310
    edited February 2013
    iii -Melodic Rendzvous 2.25 Sandown - 11-4 - Poet will be backed as though it is a good thing but Veloce who he beat last time didnt look a good thing at Musselburgh today. Also Jeremy Scott reckonds this is best horse he has ever trained and talking long ago about which Cheltenham race it would win. Also Champagne Fever who he lost to is thought to be one of Irelands best. Had a feeling Poet was overrarated and how did Royal Boy go off favourite this horse is a class above them and won very well at nice odds of 4-1.

Won again very impressiveley and Champagne Fever had franked form in Ireland last week.

How did they send off Puffin Billy odds on and when will people realise this is a serious horse.

Oh well whilst I keep getting a good price, why should I moan
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    is MR your idea of the supreme winner? hes done nothing wrong has he and looked really good while doing it. puffin billy really highly thought of , returned lame but dont take away from winner. if anything its a notable scalp for MR cos puffin billys looked like he could be pretty darn goos in his own right.

i looked at the entire picture of the Supreme last night after MTOY emphatic victory. think i agree with Paul Nicholls (for a change! sorry Paul joking) when he says the fogotten horse of the race is DODGING BULLETS.

the best or second best piece of form surely has to be his 3rd to the sadly departed Darlan on heavier than ideal ground beating the Fighting fifth winner and last years supreme winner in the process. unconventional route of running in the triumph last year and far from disgraced in 4th, and still beinga novice at start of this year and has had 2 course victorys where hes done enough when asked, magic sign go 14/1 and i couldnt see him out of the first 3 home must be at those odds and away from the handicaps one of the best e/w bets of the week??
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Bell I was looking at all the races today and trying to come up with some for your Cheltenham Thread but as you know I dont like betting until I get the NRNB option. Added to that horses are entered in so many at the moment.

What I would say is that My Tent or Yours SHOULD go for the CHAMPION Hurdle, if he goes for the Supreme 9-4 he is terribly priced. On Form he cannot beat his stablemate Chatterbox who also was very impressive yesterday and who has already beaten him. 

Melodic Rendevous is my horse and I am sure the trainer will put him in the right race for us.

Also from today if Harry Topper runs in the National Hunt chase do him. Kim Bailey reckons he is the best horse he has had since Master Oats. He beat Irelands Benefficient last time as well.

After impressive performance from Many Clouds today Gavrey Chambertain and Up and Go must be pretty good too.

Fancy Katenko for JLT but not Gold Cup as I dont think he will get 3m2f.

Flemenstar will walk Ryanair if he goes for that . 
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 17/11:
    STOP PRESS What is it about Pricewise copying my selections!!! No seriously folks , need to tell you about a bet or saver if you have already done Brick Red in 3.40. Last time out Ifnotandwhynot beat Eduardo at 2m over hurdles , yesterday Eduardo won over that distance by 15 lengths thereby franking the form. Also Timmy Murphy takes the ride Father V 
    Posted by vaigret
    3.40 Mussel-
    Timmy Murphy back and he ran back to form as I thought he would. Lovely price 3-1 and third leg of a nice Treble
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 17/11:
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 17/11 : 3.40 Mussel- Timmy Murphy back and he ran back to form as I thought he would. Lovely price 3-1 and third leg of a nice Treble
    Posted by vaigret
    Nice one!
    Did you read my post!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I did mate but I had already backed it last night as soon as the price came on . Glad it went out even further and just shows you have to bet BOG
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Here goes and feeling confident this week. What a mistake that will be LOL.

iiii - Giles Cross 2.55 Haydock -8-1 -Winner of this race last year and a brilliant price to repeat. Had him in Welsh National when he went superbly before completely blowing up three out. The reason is that Victor Dartnells stable closed down for a month and whilst this horse didnt have the virus it is very difficult to know if horse right after a lay off the track. So many of Victors runners after the close down were trotting all over their rivals, ie appeared fit, but under race conditions were found out. Trainer very confident that Giles Cross back to best and loveing his runs on the beach recently. Trainer has had a couple of winners lately and Richards Sundance won easily yesterdfay beating hot fav Relax.Be very disappointed if he doesnt run a major race. This horse is still not right, again went out like a light. wont be backing it again untilit runs one race back at its right form. 
    It might also be wise to have a look at Silver Commander 1.20 wincanton very tendily handled 4th and Nicto De Beuchearne 5.10 Haydock as well.

iii - Jumps Road -4.15 Wincanton -6-1 - Missed 12-1 an hour or so ago and now backed down to 6-1. Last time over 2m 4f was going as well as anything at this distance with Kaylif Aramis and The Bear Trap.  Faded on run in. Back in trip I reckon he will run a very good race and being backed as if defeat out of question. And defeat was out of the question further backed into 4-1 and won nicely.

ii - The Bear Trap - 3.15 Ascot -7-2 - If this horse wins certainly get on Jumps Road . appears very well handicapped in this race. Another horse who didnt run his race going nowhere when pulled up.

i - Vino Griego - 2.40 Ascot -4-1 - If this horse had won over the distance before I would be very confident as he is a course winner and ran superbly last time at Cheltenham to win by 19 lengths in a good field. Always had been good but hopefully now found an extra bit of form. Hoping he gets the trip. Won nicely and got the distance with new way of running him. CAPPA BLEU RAN A TERRIFFIC nATIONAL TRIAL IN SECOND PLACE, NOT WOUND UP FOR THIS AND FOURTH LAST YEAR IN nATIONAL AND WELL WEIGHTED.. oNE FOR SHORT LIST. 

Also fancy
    2.20 Haydock -Trustan Times 9-4 2nd , Across the Bay held on well.pity 
    3.25 Haydock -Two Rockers 2-1 Another nice easy winner, ones I like
    4.40 -Seymour Eric 3-1 Another nice winner and a nice price class apart from this lot and helped by stablemate Mauricetheathlete who made it a true run race
    1.30Ascot-Up and Go 9-4 Won by six lengths, hard held and eased down. Many Clouds had franked form.
    3.50 Ascot Finians Rainbow 3-1 Nicky H reckoned not wound up and wouldnt like ground but still a very disappointing run. Dont fancy him for cheltenham whatever distance he runs at.
    2.30 Wincanton- Amigo 9-4 3RD
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Two nice winners in my ratings to take them to a £32 profit to £1 level stake, singles only.

Plus three more from my other horses.

shame couldnt get a treble up
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    nice shouts especially on vino gregio the penny has clearly dropped with this one ...... FINALLY!!! looks a different beast and our mate wayne hutchinson was waxing lyrical about two rockers and looks a good one

disagree with Finians Rainbow, posted before race wihch is dangerous but had him written off today on the going but on a better surface in march with that 'exercise' we'll call it, remember has had breathing op as well since last disappointment, expect him to be right in the mix and alot closer to cue card if they do both as i believe  turn up for the ryanair DONT GIVE UP ON THIS ONE JUST YET!!! ; )
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 16/2/2013:
    nice shouts especially on vino gregio the penny has clearly dropped with this one ...... FINALLY!!! looks a different beast and our mate wayne hutchinson was waxing lyrical about two rockers and looks a good one disagree with Finians Rainbow, posted before race wihch is dangerous but had him written off today on the going but on a better surface in march with that 'exercise' we'll call it, remember has had breathing op as well since last disappointment, expect him to be right in the mix and alot closer to cue card if they do both as i believe  turn up for the ryanair DONT GIVE UP ON THIS ONE JUST YET!!! ; )
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    I get what you say mate but I am not certain he gets 2m 5f for Ryanair and he wont win any of the 2mile races .

I would rather back Cue Card then him. having said that I will probably have alittle bet on him.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    if gigginstown send first lieutenant for this then ive a decision to make and yes FR's run today was awful but id fully expected and second guessed that and you know, given trainer, well you know the rest!!! its if the bookie chappies still have him around the 6/1 mark id be a little put off but could see him in double figures now with a kneejerk reaction and would be a cracking e/w at anything like 10/1. albertas run has never come into his ryanairs with the best form and FR got the 2 and a half fine at aintree although doubt ground will be quite as fast 

didnt even notice jumps road won, blo ody good shout on that as well
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks mate
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    is NACARAT getting the candle treatment later i wonder??!!! i like rolling aces myself and see the two of them going clear, is it possible Tom George's stable stalward can go out with a bang in whats been touted as possibly his swansong?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Not a great fan of the racing tomorrow , looks a bit trappy and the small fields at Kempton dont fill me with joy.

Here goes

iiii- Chac Du Cadran 2.55 Newcastle -9-2 - NR -I seem to have a fixation with putting my four candles rating to long distance chases and this is a long distance chase which destroyed horses two years ago. Having said that I am quietly confident with my selection who is a big strong hjorse with a good weight and won very easily last time out.

iii - Rolling Aces -3.50 Kempton -7-2 - I fancy this more than Wyck Hill especially as McCoy now on that one and think he will pick up Nacaart and storm home.Well I was right, McCoy certainly messed Wyck Hill up, I thought he would from his two wins he likes a quiet ride, something you dont get from McCoy. My horse 2nd ran a pearler, pity Opening Batsmen reversed form. Both good young chasers beating experience well.

ii -Brick Red- 3.15 Kempton -5-2 -Cant leave this improver alone as he goes for a four timer in what is a nasty little race. However both Aidan Coleman and trainer have said this is a 2mile horse suited to a flat track. Therefore I cannot see it winning at 2m 1f at Cheltenham, and think this is the horses aim where as its oppo's might be in need of a run to set them up or see if good enough for the festival. Ran really well and second to a horse who is obviously top notch in Forgotten Voice who liked the improved ground. Lost nothing in defeat.

i- Virginia Ash - 2.45 chepstow - 8-1 - with the three above being shorter priced horses than I generally like my value bet is this one. I am hoping that its impossible task of beating Seymour Eric over 3m2f wont stop it winning over shorter today. I hope it was all my followers who backed it in from 8-1 to 11-4 favourite as it loved the trip to get back up on the line to win after it looked beaten four out.

Other horses I fancy

2.05K -Irish Saint aDVISED 7-4 , WON AT 5-4
    4.25K- Katkeau 2nd
    3.20C- Oh Crick 4th backed in from 8-1 to 9-2 but not good enough
     4.40N -Billy Cuckoo nr

Good luck all

As my four candles rating is a non runner replacing it with

iiii- Gormanstown Cuckoo -4.25 Kempton -10-1 - Last time out very tendily handled behind Herdsman who has won again since beating some good horses. Backed from 20-1 this morning . Went out to 14-1 on course. There is something going on with this horse. He can get this distance easy but horse put right out back and never in it , very tendily handled again. This horse will win at a nice price soon, if not the trainer doesnt know what he is doing and I doubt that very much.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    started the day with a win Midnight Sail 5-1, even though it had Thornton on. Sorry didnt put it up, late decision!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Now £36 up

with one winner and two seconds

looking forward to the day when I can get three or four up.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This weeks tips are:-

iiii - Harry Topper 4.15 Kelso -6-4 - I dont like tipping short priced horses but couldn't leave this alone. The horse has won its last three races and connections are hoping he wins his fifth at the festival following an anticipated win here. Trainer reckons it his best horse since Master Oats and that horse was a gold cup winner. Terrible end to a terrible day, never looked like falling previously but did today and connections will be very disappointed as missing Cheltenham to win this.  

iii - Cry of Freedom - 3.15 Newbury -6-1 - third to my old favourite Ifandbutwhynot last time out on his first run of season. Going and long time off went against him as he ran all over the place from two out. Got himself sorted out and should come on for that. Ran well but just couldnt get up to beat Megenisi who beat one of my other horses today Aaim to Prosper

ii - Midnight Sail - 3.50 Newbury - 9-1  - Mightily impressive round of jumping last week over this distance makes me leave Michael Flips who has disappointed in all races this year. Going should suit both but if he jumps as well as he did last week he will have these stretched. Dont think he liked going this way round

i - Desperate Dex - 2.40 Newbury - 7-2 - About time this horse won as he has been oh so close all season. Last week I gave Chac Du Cadran as the winner of the cancelled Eider Close and this horse was beaten into second by that horse. This a lesser class race and still only carries 10stone. Time for a win. Old boy struggled and needs a rest now after a hard season.

Other fancies
    2.05 New-Destroyer Deployed 9-1 -under pressure from 6 out but plugged on well for 4th but out of money
    2.55 Don -Join Together 4-1 no chance once hampered but didnt jump well anyway 
    3.30Doncaster -Aaim to Prosper 2-1 !!!!!!!!A winner
    3.40 Kelso -Eduard Evens 2nd
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Now only £32 up , terrible day!!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    iii - Jumps Road -4.15 Wincanton -6-1 - Missed 12-1 an hour or so ago and now backed down to 6-1. Last time over 2m 4f was going as well as anything at this distance with Kaylif Aramis and The Bear Trap. Faded on run in. Back in trip I reckon he will run a very good race and being backed as if defeat out of question. And defeat was out of the question further backed into 4-1 and won nicely.

Followed up well today at 9-1

Look out for the horses he beat the time before Headlys Bridge and South Stack