You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,363
    edited September 2014
    Got to get a winner this week as falling back fast

iiii - 1.55 ascot - Safety Check 13-2 -Really should stick with Redvers who is my saver in this race and won it last year but this horse had terrible luck in running in same race where Redvers came sixth last week. OK so did Redvers but this horse still beat it despite coming from back. WINNER and 8-1 a great price, also actually did forecast with Redvers so well in the money .

iii- 2.05 Haydock- Confessional 4-1 - Been waiting for this one who ran brilliantly last time to come third and who has been taken out of a couple of races  when conditions not in his favour. Primed to win . Normal Equilibrium as saver. Drawn wrong by looks of it, at least Normal Equilibrium held on for a place.

ii- 3.50 Haydock -G Force 9-1 -Oh how I wish he had won over six furlongs before even though he looks like he has been crying out for it. Only just behind sole Power last time when he got no kind of run. Sole Power never won over 6f either but he third of  price and aged seven so he has had plenty of chances to get it.Hoping Mr O'Meara has got it right because over 5f he would win easily. Would have been my top rating if proven over 6f . Baccarat 14-1 saver . 11-1 WINNER That was like shelling peas, was always going to beat the non stayer who was favourite. Also had the forecast with GLB
    11-1 scandalous but grateful nobody else fancied it as much as I did.

I- 2.55 Kempton - Si Senor 4-1 - won with head tucked in chest over this course and distance last time. looks good thing.
    extra weight took its toll and just run out of places on line.

Also fancy 3.15 Haydock Epsom hill 8-1 2nd looked like he would win until last few strides, where did that Gosden horse come from !!!!
    3.30 Ascot Gwafa 10-1 another 2nd who looked good for a little while but Battersea won it well.
    2.40 Kempton Secret number 11-4 2nd
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 6/9/2014:
    Got to get a winner this week as falling back fast iiii - 1.55 ascot - Safety Check 13-2 -Really should stick with Redvers who is my saver in this race and won it last year but this horse had terrible luck in running in same race where Redvers came sixth last week. OK so did Redvers but this horse still beat it despite coming from back. iii- 2.05 Haydock- Confessional 4-1 - Been waiting for this one who ran brilliantly last time to come third and who has been taken out of a couple of races  when conditions not in his favour. Primed to win . Normal Equilibrium as saver. ii- 3.50 Haydock - G Force 9-1 -Oh how I wish he had won over six furlongs before even though he looks like he has been crying out for it. Only just behind sole Power last time when he got no kind of run. Sole Power never won over 6f either but he third of  price and aged seven so he has had plenty of chances to get it.Hoping Mr O'Meara has got it right because over 5f he would win easily. Would have been my top rating if proven over 6f . Baccarat 14-1 saver  I- 2.55 Kempton - Si Senor 4-1 - won with head tucked in chest over this course and distance last time. looks good thing. Also fancy 3.15 Haydock Epsom hill 8-1 3.30 Ascot Gwafa 10-1
    Posted by vaigret
    Good luck!
    edited September 2014
    Up to 71.5 points up and loads of forecasts and ew double and trebles up .

Been a very good day
    edited September 2014
    Got to get a winner this week as falling back fast iiii - 1.55 ascot - Safety Check 13-2 -Really should stick with Redvers who is my saver in this race and won it last year but this horse had terrible luck in running in same race where Redvers came sixth last week. OK so did Redvers but this horse still beat it despite coming from back. WINNER and 8-1 a great price, also actually did forecast with Redvers so well in the money . iii- 2.05 Haydock- Confessional 4-1 - Been waiting for this one who ran brilliantly last time to come third and who has been taken out of a couple of races  when conditions not in his favour. Primed to win . Normal Equilibrium as saver. Drawn wrong by looks of it, at least Normal Equilibrium held on for a place. ii- 3.50 Haydock - G Force 9-1 -Oh how I wish he had won over six furlongs before even though he looks like he has been crying out for it. Only just behind sole Power last time when he got no kind of run. Sole Power never won over 6f either but he third of  price and aged seven so he has had plenty of chances to get it.Hoping Mr O'Meara has got it right because over 5f he would win easily. Would have been my top rating if proven over 6f . Baccarat 14-1 saver . 11-1 WINNER That was like shelling peas, was always going to beat the non stayer who was favourite. Also had the forecast with GLB 11-1 scandalous but grateful nobody else fancied it as much as I did. I- 2.55 Kempton - Si Senor 4-1 - won with head tucked in chest over this course and distance last time. looks good thing. extra weight took its toll and just run out of places on line. Also fancy 3.15 Haydock Epsom hill 8-1 2nd looked like he would win until last few strides, where did that Gosden horse come from !!!! 3.30 Ascot Gwafa 10-1 another 2nd who looked good for a little while but Battersea won it well. 2.40 Kempton Secret number 11-4 2nd
    Posted by vaigret
    Well done!
    edited September 2014
    thnx wynne
  • Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited September 2014
    well done father vaigret on the candles rating today.Only back online 4 days ish but always look at the betting bit 1st,and your comments about Safety Check agreed with my (maybe misguided!) thoughts that it may have arace in him after that.Obviously as a good catholic god fearing man(not,,take or leave each to their own.)i had to believe in a man of the cloth!! Can i get an allelujaa!!!!!!!!!Cheers,  sounds like you had a good day,well done.

edited September 2014
    well done father vaigret on the candles rating today.Only back online 4 days ish but always look at the betting bit 1st,and your comments about Safety Check agreed with my (maybe misguided!) thoughts that it may have arace in him after that.Obviously as a good catholic god fearing man(not,,take or leave each to their own.)i had to believe in a man of the cloth!! Can i get an allelujaa!!!!!!!!!Cheers,  sounds like you had a good day,well done.                     
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Hallelujaa for you.

I did thnks. Just wish I had laid Sole Power to loads of money , never going to win a good race over six as it blunts his electric speed over half a furlong which is how he wins the 5f races.
    edited September 2014
    By the way great to see you back
    edited September 2014
    this weeks

iiii - 6.15 Leopardstown - Gordon Lord Byron- 3-1-Kept for late season campaign and did brilliantly to run G Force so close last Saturday. If he doesn't bounce he will win this easily. Schoolboy error, sorry peeps, over mile on good to firm is not his strong point.!!!!!

iii - 2.40 Doncaster - Intrinsic 11-2 -Felt to be group class by his top class sprint trainer he was off  clour when running a stinker at Newmarket. should be more at home here and hopefully hughes will be able to get a good late run out of him.  little saver on Boomerang Bob 25-1 Eased when beaten and Muthmir the Group horse in race not mine, lucky I switched to Goldream as my saver when Boomerang a non runner so something out of it

ii- 3.15 Doncaster -Gregorian 4-1 -only missed out because Breton rock so game last time. Lets hope he can win this time.Penitent worth a look too. 3rd ground didn't help and then only seven runners so no place!!!!

I - 4.25 Doncaster -Highland Castle 9-1 -Elsworth reckons he has this horse fully tuned to win this. nowhere

Also fancy

3.50 Doncaster Snow Sky 5-1 3rd killed by the winner but wouldn't have won and Odeon 33-1 NR
    2.20 Chester Mehdi 9-1 problems round last bend nowhere
    4.40 Leopardstoen English summer 18-1 nowhere
    7.20 Leopardstown Rene Mathis 7-1
    edited September 2014
    Added Eskithaar and Rizeena in a double won and second =nothing

Prince of Johanne last race at Donnie nowhere
    edited September 2014
    disastrous day

back to 67.5 points up
    edited September 2014
    just noticed these from 30/8

iii - Big johhny D 2.55 Chester 9-1 nowhere

ii- Mirza-2.25 Beverley 9-1 -Group listed winner although ground a concern 2nd

both won next time out at 7-1 and 10-1

and I didn't do them LOL
    edited September 2014
    On holiday for next week so see if I can get some money for it with my ratings this week.

iiii - Bogart - 8-1 -Ayr 2.40 -Second to muthmir last week and that form with his draw is too hard too resist. Savers on Redvers and Mehdi.  3rd and another 2nd with Mehdi. 

iii- Blaine 10-1  -Ayr 3.50 - Same trainer and jockey and a bit worried they wont get both but draw and form hard to overlook. Savers on An Saghduir and Mass Rally. Blaine 3rd came from miles back for third

ii- Dusky Queen 7-1 4.25 Ayr -Fancied last week and didn't quite get good enough run , hoping for better luck this week/Nowhere

I- Take Cover 11-2 - 3.30 Newbury - Cant leave my old favourite out but really concerned that Mecca's angel will be too good. Meccas angel was always going to win that and shouldn't have stayed with my favourite. 

also fancy

Tasaday 1.50 Newbury blood y second again, I have a big dose of seconditis
    2.05 Ayr War Alert 14-1 WTF was Harley doing he had A1 position, moved out and Lee took his place and won well. As Graham Lee said it was a no brainer to stay on rail. That's why he got another winner.
    Sky hunter 3.15 Ayr AT LAST A WINNER
    Energia Davos 2.55 Newbury never going in gound but badly bumped a couple of times.
    Growl 2.20 New 2nd again

edited September 2014
    Another losing week

I need a holiday

back to 63.5 points up

Watch all my horses win while I am away
    edited October 2014
    after a weeks holiday lets hope some winners refresh me.

iiii - 5.00 Ascot - Dungannon 7-1 - good 2nd last time out  and c and distance winner twice and still 3lb lower than winning mark. Won well although closed down at end after being backed in to 7-2. So 7-1 a great price

iii - 3.15 Ascot - Reckless Abandon - 11-2- Ran well against Mecca's angel who franked the form next time out. worried about Lucky Kristale so will have a saver. Saver now on Intibaah 10-1 now LK a non runner. Well beaten and didn't ike ground.

ii- 3.30 Newmarket -Miss France -4-1- with Fabre having three runners in this it is difficult but cant see Esoterique breezing past her this time. 2nd and again don't think the ground helped up integral won well

1- 3.50 ascot -Blaine - 12-1 - got into Ayr gold cup just too late to finish third, hoping up in trip will help . American hope should blaze tail for him and he is my saver. Saver on Morache Music 20-1 now AH a non runner Blaine Ran well for 6 and a half furlongs then collapsed to fifth

other fancies-

4.55 redcar- Hakuna Matata =16-1 nowhere
    3.05 Redcar -Limato -7/4 THATS THE EASIEST WINNER YOU WILL HAVE SEEN, LEE GAVE HARD HELD A WHOLE NEW MEANING!!!!saver 20-1 on Cockney Island
    2.05 Justice Day 13-2 -ok muthmir looks nailed on but this horse also finished second to Meccas angel. Muthmir non runner but this was comfortable winner.
    2.40 Ascot -Encke 11/8 old favourite Pethers Moon strolled it. Encke disappointing.
    2.20 New -Outlaw country 9-1 nice second and if not green in later stages would have won.
    2.55 New -Yodelling 9/4 NR
  • bludreid11bludreid11 Member Posts: 490
    edited October 2014

WELL FATHER, IVE LOOKED AT YOUR CHOICES.
    I AGREE THAT DUNGANON AT 7/1 IS GOOD VALUE. BUT I STILL BELIEVE AT THIS TIME OF THE SEASON  SOME HORSES
    COME TO THE FORE, OTHERS GO BACKWARDS.
    SO IVE TAKEN IT E/W
    WITH 18 RUNNERS, ITS ANOTHER CALVARY CHARGE, SO PAYING 4 PLACES E/W IS SAFER
    edited October 2014
    banker wins so back to £67.50 points up
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 4/10/2014:
    banker wins so back to £67.50 points up
    Posted by vaigret
    may I offer my thanks, 7/1 was just the ticket
    edited October 2014
    Nice winners!
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 4/10/2014:
    Nice winners!
    Posted by wynne1938
    between you and the father you have given me some good tips. SO THANK YOU BOTH.
    ive given up picking them, but if I let you do all the hard work, looking at the form, going, etc,
     THEN PICK THE BEST OF YOUR CHOICES, IM WAY AHEAD. SO THANKS, KEEP THE TIPS COMING