You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker Tour 2013

Comments

• Options
    justme606justme606 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour 2013:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour 2013 : I hear the Grosvenor Leeds 50 quid game 30k chips 30 min clock finished in 1 day was a great success and is a monthly event. If sats are starting tomorrow I would hazard a guess at 3-4 weeks for the first one!
    Posted by SolarCarro
    ye mate graet game made a 5k pot
    its about time my local have decent tornys lol
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,963
    edited February 2013

Good morning.

The first 2013 date & venue will be announced this morning, together with the Satellite structure. Please note this will be the THIRD Leg of SPT12/13, as we have had two legs already, one at DTD, the other at Luton.

There has been some underatandable frustration from many at the delay in announcing this, & a degree of comment on our "competenence", so I'd like to set out, such as I can at this stage, (as will become clear in due course, there are confidential aspects which we don't wish to reveal yet awhile), the reasons for the unexpected delay in announcing this, & the other SPT Dates.

Firstly, all responsibility for this sits with me, (& as directed by the Business), & SPT Rich bears no responsibility for this delay.
    All the dates & venues for SPT12/13 were agreed, confirmed, & booked last Autumn.

An opportunity then arose.....to do something very different. It would have been in April, & would have needed several months of Satellite scheduling, as it was not a Single Event SPT, it was totally different, over a period of between 4 days & week.

Several third-parties were involved, it was not just Sky Poker & the Venue. 

I have been, & am, personally responsible, accountable to Head Office, for trying to broker this complex deal, & it has run parallel with my responsibilities on the Sky Poker Cash Game & several other Projects. 

Despite Meetings & communications galore, with all third parties, & the legal people & Contracts, we decided we do not have adequate time now to do this properly on the original date in April. Hence we can now re-schedule the original arrangements, & the first will be announced today. Others will be announced, probably as soon as this one happens.

We are still in negotiation for the "other thing", but having missed the April date, & with the need to avoid the low-traffic Summer Season, we have now decided to try & schedule the deal for October.

It is complex beyond imagination to dovetail all the third-parties needed to make this happen, but that's what I am on with, & will continue with.

I have planned & arranged, or helped to, over 50 Live Poker Events for 4 or 5 different organisations, over a 7 year period, so it is not new to me, but this one has been more complex than all the others added together.

Anyway, there it is, & I hope that helps explain some of the reasons. It has been pretty frustrating, to put it mildly, but SPT Rich bears no responsibility for the delay whatsoever.

Me? Guilty as Charged. 

Hope to see many of you soon, at........... 

PS - Incidentally, we DO understand your frustration, & am delighted that SPT means so much to so many.      

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,556
    edited February 2013

.....hate slow rollers! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    EyemanEyeman Member Posts: 1,039
    edited February 2013

I guess there comes a time when negotiations get so complex that walking away from the table is the best course, leave the others to their own devices. THE SPT wasn't broken, not that we can't always strive for improvements.
    Personally, I'd hate to think that SPTs became a small part of something a lot bigger, and certainly not part of a professional tour - I'm confident TK knows that, and we'll end up with something to suit us all.
    We just want to meet up lots...innit!

• Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited February 2013
    Morning has broken.......it's now the afternoon

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I guess there comes a time when negotiations get so complex that walking away from the table is the best course, leave the others to their own devices. THE SPT wasn't broken, not that we can't always strive for improvements. Personally, I'd hate to think that SPTs became a small part of something a lot bigger, and certainly not part of a professional tour - I'm confident TK knows that, and we'll end up with something to suit us all. We just want to meet up lots...innit!
    Posted by Eyeman
    It was not part of "SPT" Graham, but it would, or will, affect SPT, as it uses up qualifying time.

I am in the middle of various third-parties, trying to agree everything, going back & forth, & it is quite.....challenging.  
  • Options
    RogueCellRogueCell Member Posts: 533
    edited February 2013
    I cannot be the only one who is now finding this insanely irritating.

JUST.  ANNOUNCE.  IT.  ALREADY.
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,682
    edited February 2013
    Good morning. 

The first 2013 date & venue will be announced this morning, together with the Satellite structure. Please note this will be the THIRD Leg of SPT12/13, as we have had two legs already, one at DTD, the other at Luton.

Dates, buyins, formats will be released towards the end of the year As you may have heard on the show its moving to a calendar year format, so 2013 tour not a 2012-13 tour We'll do the next two events, then do a big announcement with all the details
    Posted by SPT

Hate to be pedantic BUT the last two SPT's from last year are not part of anything this year so the next SPT will be the first of the 2013 tour NOT the third of a 2012/2013 tour.

You're welcome
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    That's what we were told, Mark. Goalposts do shift, though.
  • Options
    jamieloujamielou Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2013
    I really don't understand why folk get so angry and point fingers about this. It'll happen when it happens. Sky will and always do give us plenty of notice. Lets not forget its a weekend of fun, meeting new people, drink and perhaps some poker if we fancy? 
    For whatever reason they have taken longer than usual to tell us, i am sure it will be worth it and when it comes out I bet not one person mentions the delay. 

I think deep down you all just can't wait to get your paws on Tikay, well I'm sorry. Form an orderly queue!! 
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Tikay schmeekay - we have other targets for our paws.
  • Options
    jamieloujamielou Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2013
    Pint glasses and beer bottles?! 
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Call them what you want - just watch your back!
  • Options
    JAEGERBOMBJAEGERBOMB Member Posts: 1,516
    edited February 2013
    I really don't understand why folk get so angry and point fingers about this. It'll happen when it happens. Sky will and always do give us plenty of notice. Lets not forget its a weekend of fun, meeting new people, drink and perhaps some poker if we fancy?  For whatever reason they have taken longer than usual to tell us, i am sure it will be worth it and when it comes out I bet not one person mentions the delay.  I think deep down you all just can't wait to get your paws on Tikay, well I'm sorry. Form an orderly queue!! 
    Posted by jamielou

Hear, hear, just hope i can be home for 1 of the events in 2013 and catch up with many of you whom i have considered to be good friends.

SPT weekends are about fun, friendship and frolics...........unless your glitterbabe and win them all
  • Options
    SlykllistSlykllist Member Posts: 2,888
    edited February 2013
    I really don't understand why folk get so angry and point fingers about this. It'll happen when it happens. Sky will and always do give us plenty of notice. Lets not forget its a weekend of fun, meeting new people, drink and perhaps some poker if we fancy?  For whatever reason they have taken longer than usual to tell us, i am sure it will be worth it and when it comes out I bet not one person mentions the delay.  I think deep down you all just can't wait to get your paws on Tikay, well I'm sorry. Form an orderly queue!! 
    Posted by jamielou
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

Well said Jamielou and see you at the bar for the next one, wherever and whenever it is!
  • Options
    rosjim1rosjim1 Member Posts: 446
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour 2013 : Good morning.  The first 2013 date & venue will be announced this morning, together with the Satellite structure. Please note this will be the THIRD Leg of SPT12/13, as we have had two legs already, one at DTD, the other at Luton. Hate to be pedantic BUT the last two SPT's from last year are not part of anything this year so the next SPT will be the first of the 2013 tour NOT the third of a 2012/2013 tour. You're welcome
    Posted by cenachav
    Yep
    To cover the wait before the launch of the 2013 SPT season, we held two special events in Nottingham and Luton.
  • Options
    spudgun720spudgun720 Member Posts: 88
    edited February 2013
    Hi

Will sky just be releasing dates one at a time or is there a time when the rest of the dates will be posted ?

• Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,682
    edited February 2013
    Ahhhhhh  so the big hold up was they were waiting in a gap in Charlotte Jackson's diary so she can be at the first one.  I understand now :)
  • Options
    RyanC7RyanC7 Member Posts: 355
    edited February 2013
    Havent read this post its 11 pages long. Theres no dates for SPT london but Sats started tonight? Surely not?