You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,037
    edited October 2012
    Did they pay out on Van Persie 1st goal I thought it was down as an own goal or do they not count as 1st goal ?
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited October 2012

I know you said you're not a pro, but in poker even recreational players use some sort of 'bankroll management', is that the same for you with the betting? 

Is it just like a rough guide and using some common sense to not go crazy or do you have some rules in place to stop yourself going 'broke' during a bad run? 

If you take like the average Saturday as an example, you lay out say £300 on average, so class that as a 'buy in', I'd imagine you'd want at least 50 x this available as a 'betting bankroll' for you to be comfortable?
  • Options
    TINTINTINTIN Member Posts: 1,612
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    Did they pay out on Van Persie 1st goal I thought it was down as an own goal or do they not count as 1st goal ?
    Posted by lucy4
    own goals dont count for 1st goalscorer market. like yesterday where the 1st goal was an own goal then the bet continues onto the nxt goalscorer.
  • Options
    TINTINTINTIN Member Posts: 1,612
    edited October 2012
    well done on yesterdays results. this has the makings of a great read
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited October 2012
    Monday 29th October 

Snooker 
    Mark Williams 4/9
    Stephen Maguire 4/9
    Mark Allen 1/3
    Stuart Bingham 2/7 

£30 4 timer 

Tennis 

Florian Mayer 4/6
    Philipp Kohlschreiber 4/7
    Mikhail Youzny 2/9 

£30 treble 

Football  Sheffield United ht/ft – 9/5 - £20 

Blackmank (- the k sky filter wont let me have his name) first goal Sheff  United 3-2 win 85/1 - £2 

Blackmank first goal 9/2 £10 (returns £55)

Horses

Galway

3.05 - Go Native – 11/8 £20 (47.50)
    2.35 – Cool Avenue – 9/2 £10 (returns £55)

Redcar 

3.10 – Zilzie – 25/1 £5ew 

Naas 

12.55 - Ally Cascade 13/8   1.55 – Folsom Blue 7/4 - £20 double 

Leicester 

12.50 – Bougaloo 9/2 £20 

Bangor 

4.00 – Molly Oscar - 4/1 - £20

Daily amount laid out = £162
    Daily Returns = £157.50
    Daily profit/loss = -£4.50
    Monthly profit/loss = +£254.65
    Total profit/loss = +£254.65

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the comments and questions, Im running a little late today and need to be somewhere 5 minutes ago so will repsond to all when a little later when i get a chance
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,037
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : own goals dont count for 1st goalscorer market. like yesterday where the 1st goal was an own goal then the bet continues onto the nxt goalscorer.
    Posted by TINTIN
    Thanks didn`t know that.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited October 2012
    Well done mate
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Firstly appologies for the lack of replies yetserday and the lack of an update, I went for a pub lunch after uploading my bets yesterday it just lasted 8 hours longer than expected!! Not good when the kids are off for **** half term!

Will update yesterdays bets now, then get around to replyin to the few messages.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Right yesterdays bets have been updated just the 3 winners but only made a loss of £4.50 so happy enough with that.  I havent included the snooker in yesterdays totals as I didnt relaise they didnt play untill today so they will be included today.  Williams currently losing 3-1 so looks like today is starting with an early loss.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Posted by lucy4
    I know tintin has already answered with you, hes totally correct in goal scoreer bets if the first gola is an own goal, your bet carries on.  Hope you havent threw away any winning tickets no realising this.

Its the same when it comes to 0-0, I dont like betting that score but if I do fancy a 0-0 I always bet no goal scorer rather than 0-0 as the game could easily finish 1-0 due to an own goal and you still get paid as that doesnt count.  The only down side is if 0-0 is 9/1 no goal scorer will generally be a little shorter about 8/1
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    well done on yesterdays results. this has the makings of a great read
    Posted by TINTIN
    Cheers mate, yours is another diary that I enjoy reading in GPC again dont really comment but always read how your doing, especially during this month.

I dont know about the makings for a great read, im not the best writter, and I dont have lots of stories like I read in other blogs, but whilst people are repsonding ill keep going.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I know you said you're not a pro, but in poker even recreational players use some sort of 'bankroll management', is that the same for you with the betting?  Is it just like a rough guide and using some common sense to not go crazy or do you have some rules in place to stop yourself going 'broke' during a bad run?  If you take like the average Saturday as an example, you lay out say £300 on average, so class that as a 'buy in', I'd imagine you'd want at least 50 x this available as a 'betting bankroll' for you to be comfortable?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Hi Dohh thanks for the posts and the questions,

£300 as a buy in, no I wouldnt class that, I may lay out £300 on a saturday but its over a large range of bets, im not the best at explaining, but you could be playing 10 tables at your limit which I beleive is £30, so you would have £300 in play that doesnt mean your uy in would be £300

Again not a very goo explanaition, sorry....

I had a work accident several years ago now, wont go into that now maybe some other time, and I was given a large sum of money because of it (well large then still pretty decent now).  Im in a comfatble situation, Im not as strict as what some poker players are when it comes to "brm" but I do have certain boundaries.  

I'll pm you a little later a bit more about this.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Tuesday 30th October 

Snooker

Mark Williams 4/9
    Stephen Maguire 4/9
    Mark Allen 1/3
    Stuart Bingham 2/7

Yesterdays £30 4 timer which appears to be down already

Tennis 
    Paul-Henri Mathieu 2/5
    Jo-Wilfred Tsonga 2/7
    Aleksandr Dolgopolov 2/5
    Marin Cilic 4/11 

£40 4 timer, Tennis bet didn’t do to well yesterday hoping for better things today 

Football  

Aston villa – 13/10 £20 - Probably a stupid bet, Swindoin donig well, Villa awful, but can just see them winning tonight. (won retrurns £46)

Wigan
    Celtic
    Gainsborough
    Sturm Graz
    Anderlecht 

£20 banker acca pays 4.43/1 

Over 2.5 goals in tonights 5 league cup games £20 at 13.09/1 

Horses 

Yarmouth  2.40 – Ishiamiracle 3/1 £20

Wolverhampton 5.40 – Sicur – 6/4 - £20 

Taunton  2.30 – Molotof – 8/11 - £55 (won @ Evens returns £110)

Catterick 3.50 – Fama Mac – 10/3 - £20

Daily amount laid out = 245
    Daily Returns = -£89
    Daily profit/loss = -£89
    Monthly profit/loss = +£165.65
    Total profit/loss = +£165.65
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    edited October 2012

Just in case you never venture into GPC. Copied this across for you.

First: 4/1/2012
    Last: 30/10/2012
    Hi all,

Another month has flown by and we've seen some great posts on the forum. More importantly we've seen a lot of new diary threads and loads more constructive posting. Here are the winners that will be going into the Top of the Posts tournament on the 2nd November.

Area 51 - BigMikeDBC
    Team Talk - Maxally
    The Shed - MP33
    General Poker Chat - Slykllist
    The Poker Clinic - Percival09
    Punter's Corner - Shuv

I've registered you all in the tournament so don't forget to turn up and play..

Keep up the good posts!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thank you very Much Maxally, I doubt I would have noticed this.

Pretty dire day on the betting front, Snooker bet was down by time I put my bets up, Tennis was a disaster once again.  One winner on the horses, it was my biggest bet and it drifted all the way out to evens so that was a bonus.

Nevermind I thought, my bankers football bet looks a cert, and im pretty confident with the over 2.5 goals bet, I'd better check what time the foreign games start tho.  Oh sturm Graz ws an early kick off, of theyve lost already sighs.

Will resist haviong another bet now tho, it can still be a profitable day, just got doubts ove the Sunderland game now, hoping for a nice early goal in that.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited October 2012
    Good luck in the top of the posts game
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Not a very good day again yesterday, only 1 day of profit in four now, but at least theres still a profit overall.  Stayed away from the tennis today as ive been so bad the last couple of days, couldnt resist a naile don snooker double tho even tho it is for small profits.

Wednesday 31st October  

Snooker 

Selby 2/5
    Allen 4/11 
    £50 double  

Racing 

Nottingham 
    2.30 – A’Juba – 10/3 - £20 
    3.00 – Surreal – 2/1 - £20 

Lingfield 
    12.30 – Free Island – 7/4 - £40 
    1.30 – Diamond Blue – 5/1 - £20 

Punchestown 
    1.15 – Sword of destiny – Evens £50 
    1.45 – Bangonform – 15/8 - £20 (non runner £20 back)

Haydock 
    2.15 – Harris Hawk – 3/1 – £20 
    4.25 – Tahiti Pearl – 2/1 - £20 

Kempton 
    4.35 – Bert the Alert – 3/1 - £20 
    5.05 – Tenessee  - 15/8 - £20 

Lucky 31
    Pun 1.15 - Sword of destiny
    Pun 1.45 – Bangonform (non runner so £1 back lol)
    Nott 2.30 - A’Juba
    Nott 3.00 – Surreal
    Hay 3.20 - Satou     

Football 

Chelsea v United
    Norwich v Spurs
    Liverpool v Swansea
    Dundee V Hearts
    Rangers v Inverness 

Going for an over 2.5 goal acca again, didn’t do too well last night, but again I fancy a few goals £20 at 12.62/1 

Malaga 8/15
    Real Madrid 1/5
    Atletico Madrid 2/5
    Stuttgart 4/9
    Hannover 4/11
    Wolfsburg 4/11
    Inter Milan 1/2
    Juventus 1/4 

All hugely odds on, but together pays a rather tempting 12.84/1 so having £30 on this. 

Manchester United to win in extra time 12/1 £10 
    Manchester United to draw 2-2 14/1 £5 
    Manchester United to win 3-2 28/1 £5 
    Danny Welbeck first goal Manu 3-2 130/1 £2

Daily amount laid out = £403
    Daily Returns =  £21
    Daily profit/loss = -£382
    Monthly profit/loss = -£216.35
    Total profit/loss = -£216.35
  • Options
    wormyboy69wormyboy69 Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2012
    good luck with ur punts will be keeping an eye on your posts hope u do well
  • Options
    smarrsmarr Member Posts: 461
    edited October 2012
    interesting read. Good luck with your punts. Will be keeping this thread on my radar.