You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited October 2012
    Well first horse of the day lost to a 100/1 shot so wouldnt pay too much attention to what ive bet, just hope its not goning to be one of those days!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    Well first horse of the day lost to a 100/1 shot so wouldnt pay too much attention to what ive bet, just hope its not going to be one of those days!
    Posted by shuv
    Unfortunately it has been one of those days, not a single winner and a ton of 2nd's!! Only return was a non runner.

Selby 5-2 down in snooker first to 6 so that looks a gonner as well.

All down to the footy or ive gone from a decent ammount in front ot a big chunk down. 

Pool night tonight, few drinks to forget about the **** racing, Manu game will be on, tempted to lump on them, but wont, will just see how may other bets get on when I get home.
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited October 2012
    Good luck shuv, best thread on the forum bar none.
  • Options
    cleansweepcleansweep Member Posts: 598
    edited October 2012
    Good luck in the free roll!
    Even more good luck with your footie tonight!
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited October 2012
    Not a very good day again yesterday, only 1 day of profit in four now, but at least theres still a profit overall.  Stayed away from the tennis today as ive been so bad the last couple of days, couldnt resist a naile don snooker double tho even tho it is for small profits. Wednesday 31 st October     Snooker   Selby 2/5 Allen 4/11   £50 double     Racing   Nottingham   2.30 – A’Juba – 10/3 - £20   3.00 – Surreal – 2/1 - £20   Lingfield   12.30 – Free Island – 7/4 - £40   1.30 – Diamond Blue – 5/1 - £20   Punchestown   1.15 – Sword of destiny – Evens £50   1.45 – Bangonform – 15/8 - £20   Haydock   2.15 – Harris Hawk – 3/1 – £20   4.25 – Tahiti Pearl – 2/1 - £20   Kempton   4.35 – Bert the Alert – 3/1 - £20   5.05 – Tenessee   - 15/8 - £20   Lucky 31 Pun 1.15 - Sword of destiny Pun 1.45 – Bangonform Nott 2.30 - A’Juba Nott 3.00 – Surreal Hay 3.20 - Satou           Football   Chelsea v United Norwich v Spurs Liverpool v Swansea Dundee V Hearts Rangers v Inverness   Going for an over 2.5 goal acca again, didn’t do too well last night, but again I fancy a few goals £20 at 12.62/1   Malaga 8/15 Real Madrid 1/5 Atletico Madrid 2/5 Stuttgart 4/9 Hannover 4/11 Wolfsburg 4/11 Inter Milan 1/2 Juventus 1/4   All hugely odds on, but together pays a rather tempting 12.84/1 so having £30 on this.   Manchester United to win in extra time 12/1 £10   Manchester United to draw 2-2 14/1 £5   Manchester United to win 3-2 28/1 £5   Danny Welbeck first goal Manu 3-2 130/1 £2 Daily amount laid out = £403 Daily Returns = Daily profit/loss = Monthly profit/loss = +£165.65 Total profit/loss = +£165.65
    Posted by shuv
    So unlucky with these mate.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Urghhhh hangover from **** today, well have the hangover from **** every Thursday to be fair.

Yesterday, well what can I say about it, in poker terms it was bad beat after bad beat and variance at its Ugliest.

A load of 2nd place finishes in the horses, a 4/11 shot let my snooker bet down. over 2.5 goals 1 game let me down and that was 1-1 after 35 minutes.  Hannover let my banker bet down another 4/11 shot, 7 out of 8 there.

The one bet I think im collecting on Manu to win 3-2 and they give away 93rd minute penalty, sighs fml.

I wasnt gonig to start the diary till the start of November, but after Sundays results was glad i started it a few days early, now not so £382 loss today wiping out all profits. 

Daily amount laid out = £403
    Daily Returns = £21
    Daily profit/loss = -£382
    Monthly profit/loss = -£216.35
    Total profit/loss = -£216.35
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thursday 1st November 

Well yesterday has been forgotten it’s a new day and a new month and im full of optimism well kinda. 

Two bets on the football today and the rest is on the horses where I did so bad yesterday. 

Football 

Sevilla
    Deportivo La Coruna
    Levante
    Athletic Bilbao 

£20 10.75/1

F K Gomel
    AO Kavala
    Otelul Galati
    Malmo FFF
    Ostiras Tavros
    Singapore Armed Forces FC 

£20 6.92/1 Im not going to pretend I know anything about most of the above teams, purely gone on the odds, with some early kick offs its gives me something to keep an eye on before the racing starts.  

Horses 

Lingfield 

1.50 – Future reference – 11/8 - £20 
    2.50 – Sentaril 11/4 - £40 (won at 100/30 returned £173.33)

Stratford 
    3.40 – Godsmejudge – 3/1 £20
    4.10 – Boomtown – 7/4 £40 (won returned £110)

Clonmel 
    1.55 – Johnnys Legacy 7/4 - £20 
    2.25 – Speed Dial 3/1 - £40 

Hereford  
    2.00 – Stevie Thunder – 7/4 £40
    3.00 - Seedless - £40

Kempton 

5.10 – Aprcot Sky – 5/1 - £20 
    5.40 – Norfolk Sky -  9/4 - £40 (won returned £130)

Daily amount laid out = £360
    Daily Returns = £413.33
    Daily profit/loss = £53.33
    Monthly profit/loss = £53.33
    Total profit/loss = -£163.02
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Better Day yesterdy well it couldnt get much worse to be honest could it.  The two footy bets did no good and I only had 3 winner son the horses but they were all the £40 bets so it gave me a small profit at the end of the day.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Friday 2nd November 

Tennis 

Back on the tennis today after a couple of awful bets earlier in the week but my lucks gotta change right?? 

Berdych
    Tsonga
    Llorda 

This tasty treble pays 4.83/1 had £20 on it. 

Football 

Leeds
    Mk Dons
    Frankfurt
    Porto
    Zenit St Petersberg 

Was a toss up between Leeds and Brighton, really wasn’t sure which way to go, Brighton won 2 outta 6 at home, Leeds 2 outta 6 away.  Its probably got draw written all over it, but I’ve sided with the away team, other teams are all big odds on favourites £20 at 13.14/1

Horses 

Lots of meeting today and I will be having a bet on the breeders cup meeting later just havent had a chance to look yet.

Newmarket 
    1.10 – Amralah - 13/8 - £20  (won returned £52.50)
    3.55 -  Lieutenant Miller -  3/1 -  £40 

Down Royal 
    1.05 Stocktons Wing - 11/10 - £50 (won at 5/4 returns £112.50)
    1.35 Missunited - 8/11 -  £55 

Uttoxeter 
    2.20 -  Desert Cry - 3/1 - £20 
    2.55 - Wild Rhubarb- 11/4 - £40 

Wetherby 
    2.35 - Sametegal - 11/10 - £50 (won returns £105)
    3.45 – Giveitachance - 2/1- £20 

Wolverhampton
    4.15 - Spokeswoman - 15/8 - £20 
    7.45 - Silver Lace - 7/4 - £20 

Dundalk 
    6.30 -  Iveta -  5/2 -  £20 
    9.25 -  If Or When - 5/2- £40  

Lucky 15 
    Newmarket - 1.40 - Pearl Sea 9/2
    Uttoxeter - 2.55 - Wild Rhubarn 9/4
    Down Royal - 3.10 - Bennefficent 7/4 (1 winner trebble the odds returns £6.25)
    Wetherby - 3.45 Giveitachance 2/1

Daily amount laid out = £590
    Daily Returns = £276.25
    Daily profit/loss = -£313.75 urghh
    Monthly profit/loss = £-260.46
    Total profit/loss = -£476.77

Ive actually laid out a lot more than I planned to tonight, Will wait untill later to see how im doing  before I pick out my bets from Santa Anita.
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,207
    edited November 2012
    Look forward to your picks for Santa Anita, I really like the Breeders Cup weekend and any reasoning you are able to give on your Breeders Cup picks would be appreciated..might steer me in the right direction! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Look forward to your picks for Santa Anita, I really like the Breeders Cup weekend and any reasoning you are able to give on your Breeders Cup picks would be appreciated..might steer me in the right direction! :)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Ok here we go.....

Santa Anita 

Not having a bet in every race but picked out a selection for the 6 main feature races.

8.06 – Merit Man – 7/4 - £40 – My banker of the night, Last time out destroyed previous winner South Floyd by 5 ½ lengths whilst easing down.  If it repeats that form it will win comftably.

8.46 – Fame and Glory – 6/1 - £20 – Not been on the best form recently but Aiden Obrien has said he is fitter now.  Hes the class act in the field and 6/1 is a big price hes 100/30 with another bookie.

9.28 – Spring Ventue – 11/2 - £20 - Has won a Grade 2 and 3 quite easily and should be good enough to run a big race here.

10.08 – Spring in the air 10/1 – 10ew – Favourite has a good chance but too short for me, Spring in the air won well on the all weather last time out and should she take to the dirt  has a good chance.

10.48 – The Fugue – 9/4 - £20 Competitive race and I think The Fugue has a chance to show her class. She will like the faster ground and 1m2f is defiantly her preferred trip.

11.30 – Awesome Feather – 9/2 - £20 - is living up to her name having remained unbeaten in 10 starts including two Grade 1s. Drawn away from the inside rail, she can take up her preferred position of pressing the pace and continue her winning ways.
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,207
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Ok here we go..... Santa Anita   Not having a bet in every race but picked out a selection for the 6 main feature races.   8.06 – Merit Man – 7/4 - £40 – My banker of the night, Last time out destroyed previous winner South Floyd by 5 ½ lengths whilst easing down.   If it repeats that form it will win comftably.   8.46 – Fame and Glory – 6/1 - £20 – Not been on the best form recently but Aiden Obrien has said he is fitter now.   Hes the class act in the field and 6/1 is a big price hes 100/30 with another bookie.   9.28 – Spring Ventue – 11/2 - £20 - Has won a Grade 2 and 3 quite easily and should be good enough to run a big race here.   10.08 – Spring in the air 10/1 – 10ew – Favourite has a good chance but too short for me, Spring in the air won well on the all weather last time out and should she take to the dirt   has a good chance.   10.48 – The Fugue – 9/4 - £20 Competitive race and I think The Fugue has a chance to show her class. She will like the faster ground and 1m2f is defiantly her preferred trip.   11.30 – Awesome Feather – 9/2 - £20 - is living up to her name having remained unbeaten in 10 starts including two Grade 1s. Drawn away from the inside rail, she can take up her preferred position of pressing the pace and continue her winning ways.
    Posted by shuv

Interesting read...how much does the draw make a difference? I read that a low draw is best at Santa Anita, is that true for all of the races on dirt and turf? I notice that none of your selections are drawn too high. I would have gone for Fame & Glory as well but Spencer isn't one of my favourite jockeys! :)

Good luck!
  • Options
    goodylad21goodylad21 Member Posts: 693
    edited November 2012
    Might have backed some of your nags at Santa anita, but i cant read what you have picked lol !!

Think i need some new eyes :)

Nice diary btw....Think you will struggle to make a profit with so many bets each day, hope you prove me wrong.
  • Options
    cleansweepcleansweep Member Posts: 598
    edited November 2012
    I'm going to have a punt on John Dunlops last runner Omoor next Saturday at Newmarket.
    Posted by cleansweep
    End of an era tomorrow! anything you fancy to give it a race Shuv?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Might have backed some of your nags at Santa anita, but i cant read what you have picked lol !! Think i need some new eyes :) Nice diary btw....Think you will struggle to make a profit with so many bets each day, hope you prove me wrong.
    Posted by goodylad21
    You'll be glad you cant read it the way the first 2 races have gone, proving to be another tough day.  I think your spot on about hard to make profit because of the ammount of bets im having, and to be honest I have been having more bets than normal since doing this diary, guess i should have a bit of a rethink and cut back a bit.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : End of an era tomorrow! anything you fancy to give it a race Shuv?
    Posted by cleansweep
    Only had a quick look but would say Beautiful View would be the main dnager, and could be a short priced fav
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Saturday 3rd November 

Havent worked out what I lost yesterday yet and to be honest I don’t want to right now, not that Ive got the time because I have a date with the pub for the United game.   

It was another dire day tho I can tell you that much, started well enough with the first 2 winners an 3 of the first 5, but losing 13 in a row after that wasn’t so good.   

Goodylad hit the nail on the head I am doing to many bets at the moment, Saturday is normally my busiest day yet times this week Ive had more bets, I guess I was thinking more I bet the more interest I’ll get in the diary, but losing £300 quid a day aint worth any extra interest it might gain. 

My biggest profit so far was last Sunday by far, and I believe that day is the least I’ve laid out. 

Saying all that its Saturday today, and with so much action gotta have a few bets, doing this diary on a Saturday is going to kill me as I have so many small both teams to score bets, and over 2.5 goals bets takes forever to type up. 

So lets get on with it. 

Football 

Handicap – 1 goal 
    Spurs
    Leicester
    Aldershot
    Carlisle
    Cheltenham
    Coventry
    Fleetwood
    Luton
    Crawley
    Swindon  
    £2 Tenfold returns £4024.94 

To be winning after 45 mins 
    Peterborough
    Leicester
    Sheff  Utd
    Portvale
    Bradford
    Stevange 
    £2 sixfold pays £1703.52 

Same Sixfold to win in normal time £2 pays £417.45 

Van persie to score
    3+ goals in Fulham game
    BTTS Norwhich v Stoke
    Chelsea Win
    Spurs htft
    Tevez not to score 
    £5 sixfold pays £170.05  

Over 2.5 goals (will only put home team to save me time) 
    Fulham
    Swansea
    Burnley
    Sheff Wed
    Boreham Wood
    Chelmsford
    Forest Green
    Portsmouth 

£4 8 fold returns £252.45 

Fulham
    Derby
    Huddersfield
    Chelmsford
    Chesterfield
    Forest Green
    Gillingham
    Lincoln
    Morecambe
    Northampton
    Portsmouth
    Preston 

£2 12 fold returns £1452.54 

Norwhich
    Sunderland
    Birmingham
    Palace
    Watfor
    Herefrod
    Barnet
    Bournemouth
    Bristol Rovers
    Rotherham
    Swindon
    York 

£2 12 fold returns 2018.64 

Fulham
    Swansea
    Spurs
    Burnley
    Charlton
    Hull
    Forrest
    Sheff Wed
    Boreham Wood
    Bury
    Crewe
    Kidderminister 

£2 12 fold returns £1035.60  

Both Teams To Score (again will just put home team) 
    Fulham
    Norwich
    Sunderland
    Swansea
    Burnley
    Palace
    Huddersfield
    Forrest
    Bournemouth
    Bury
    Portsmouth
    York 

£2 12 fold returns £821.72

Spurs
    Birmingham
    Hull
    Sheff Wed
    Watford
    Chesterfield
    Crewe
    Gillingham
    Lincoln
    Morecambe
    Preston
    Rotherham 

£2 12 fold returns £854.08 

Spurs
    Stirling
    Carlisle
    Doncaster
    Swindon
    Torquay 

£20 sixfold at 8.14/1 

Sheff Untied
    Brentford
    Portvale
    Oldham 

£20 fourfold at 12.7/1  (won returned £274)

Van persie first goal £10 at 9/2 (won returned £55)

Manu to win 4-1 £10 at £28/1 

Horses 

Wetherby -12.35 – Ulyssse Collonges - 11/10
    Ascot -t 2.00 – My tent or Yours - 4/5 
    £50 double (won returns £189)

Ayr 3.20 – Realt Mor – 15/8 - £50 

Newmarket 1,55 – Desert Image - 15/8 - £50 

Down Royal 12.45 – Art of logistics - 10/11 - £55 (won at 11/10 returns £115.50)

Cheeky Tenner on all 5 of them

Daily amount laid out = £400
    Daily Returns = £854.75
    Daily profit/loss =  £454.75
    Monthly profit/loss = £194.29
    Total profit/loss = £-22.02
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Forogt to mention I played top of the posts freeroll last night came last for a tenner lol, Maxally bet, percival 3 bet (which he'd been doing a lot) I had AhKh 4bet and he put me all in.  had to call he had KK and that was the end of that lasted a dozen hands.

Put my winning tenner on
    1. Real Madrid v Real Zaragoza |Over| @ 2/7 2.5
    2. Barcelona v Celta de Vigo |Over| @ 2/9 2.5
    3. Torquay United v Harrogate Town Over 2.5 Goals @ 1/2
    4. Mansfield v Slough Town Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/9
    5. Doncaster v Bradford P.A Over 2.5 Goals @ 1/2
    6. AFC Fylde v Accrington Stanley Over 2.5 Goals @ 1/2
    7. Coventry v Arlesey Town Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/9
    8. Cheltenham v Yate Town Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/9
  • Options
    DUNMIDOSHDUNMIDOSH Member Posts: 1,473
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Only had a quick look but would say Beautiful View would be the main dnager, and could be a short priced fav
    Posted by shuv
    Good call!!
    1st and second!
  • Options
    wormyboy69wormyboy69 Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2012
    i am enjoying your diary but like a few others have said i dont believe u can make a profit having so many bets each day