You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,260
    edited November 2012
    Just wondering if have heard or use betangel?

I used for 1 month last year but found it to complicated but apparently theyve revamped the site now

Paul

Ps and do you ever lay any of your bets off?
  • Options
    chris1963chris1963 Member Posts: 453
    edited November 2012
    Interesting read Shuv, may take a look at your footy bets in the future as mine always blow up somewhere. 

gl mate.

• Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2012
    Ill updates yesterday abysmal results and todays better results a little later tonight, Ill also reply to people later jsut wnated to get my breeders cups bet up real quick.

After yesterdays awful performance I probably should stay away but I never do what I should do.  Altho smaller staked tonight and change of tactic for a few o the races.

6.50 Joha 16/1 5ew
    7.35 Switch 16/1 5ew (placed returns £25)
    8.14 Delegation 16/1 5ew (placed returns £25)
    8.57 Mizdirection 9/1 £5ew (won returns £66.25)
    9.36 Fortify 12/1 ew
    10.18 Treasure beach 16/1 5ew
    10.58 Capital account 7/1 5ew
    11.40 Wise Dan 5/2 £30 (won returned £105)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Right haven’t updated for a couple of days, been mayhem here, and wasn’t in a rush to update how bad I did on Friday but here goes

Friday 2nd November

I was £53.33 in profit for the month going into Friday, after ending last month on a bad day was eager to get this month of to a flying start.  

There were 7 Horse meetings, footy and tennis all of which looked good punts, I hadn’t planned on betting more than around £250 but in the ned punted £590. 

As usual my tennis bet did no good, really should stick to betting on majors only, the racing got of too a good start the first 2 horses I picked out both won and the fith horse also won, it looked like I was going to have a fairly good day. 

But that was the end of the winners, theres was a few second places but most of what I bet flopped, especially at Santa Anita for the breeders cup meeting, put £140 worth of bets on theres that returned nothing, 

It meant after Laying out £590 I only returned £276.25 leaving me £313.75 down for the day, £260.46 down for the month, and £423.48 down overall and I’d only been doing this diary 7 days!!!  

Saturday 3rd November G

oodylad pointed out on the Friday that it would be ahrd to make a profit when having so many bets each day, I knew he was right, and have aleady stated that since doing this diary I have upped the bets to try and keep people reading. 

I decided id try and cut back a little today.
     I was always going to have my silly little BTTS bets and over 2.5 goals bets, I could have these for the next 4 years and still be up, only £2 a bet and ive landed them 4 times in the last 2 seasons for a nice 4 figure return.  But id planned to cut back on the racing and any other tennis/snooker/other sports bets, In fact I stuck to football and horses only.    

My first bet won after 2 minutes after betting van persie to be first goal scorer, I hoped this would be the start of a good day and so it proved to be. 

I got a nice £50 double on the horses, as well as another £50 single, as well as a £20 fourfold on the footy to leave me nicely in profit.

I was umming and arghhing over what to do with the Breeders Cup meeting; I love this meeting but after how bad I did the previous night didn’t want to get my fingers burnt. I looked at the 8 main races, and altho I fancied a few of the favourites, decided to be sensible pick out 1 banker then a host of outsiders and have small £5 ew bets on them, and it worked a treat.  Two 16/1 places, a 9/1 winner and my banker won at 5/2. 

So all in all it was a pretty good day, I got £854.75 returned that left me £454.75 up for the day, £194.29 up for the month and £31.27 up in total. I know it’s not much it’s just so nice considering where I were at the start of yesterday.

Right better go, Mrs on a 13 hours shift today (nurse) and kiddies whinging for brekkie, be abck a little later with todays bets.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2012

Sorry to keep making poker comparisons, but why does making lots of bets mean you have less chance of showing a profit?

In poker, the more you play the more chance you have of overcoming bad luck (varience) and showing a profit?

So assuming you're a winning player, the more you play, the more likely it is that you will win?

Congrats on the big day yesterday btw, and gl in UKOPS tonight!
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2012
    Well done on your UKOPS seat win in the Freeroll yesterday, that was one huge flip at the end! Was fun playing with u!

Nice betting diary too! U had a cracking Saturday, wp, look forward to following this!

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Sunday 4th November 

After Yesterday’s Successful day don’t wanna get carried away too much today but with the weather being how it is and being stuck at home with the kids whats a man supposed to do!! 

Formula 1 

Well with Vettel being Dq’ed and starting from the back of the grid, I was going to punt on him finishing in the points, and getting on the podium, expected fairly decent prices but at just 4/11 to finish in the points, and 6/1 on the podium Ill swerve this bet. 

Last week I went with Hamilton, and lost this week he’s in Poll but I’m going to bet against him and take Betfred up on their offer of 14/1 on Alonso to win, most bookies have him around 9/1 – 10/1 and hes as short as 5/1 with one bookie.

Alonso to win – 14/1 - £10 

Football 

Tranmere
    Burton Albion
    Leyton Orient 

FA Cup Treble all playing Non League teams, would expect all 3 to win comftably was tempted to throw Plymouth in as well but if there’s to be an upset today it could be there. £20 at 4.2/1. 

Tranmere -1 15/8
    Burton – 1 13/8
    Leyton Orient -1 13/8 
    £10 -1 goal treble. 

Roma
    Sevilla
    Bayer Leverkusen 

All home, all big odds on, Banker treble £20 at 3.36/1  

Newcastle £20 at 5/1  Too big a price for a good Toon team against a poor Liverpool team. 

Qpr v Reading
    Liverpool v Newcastle
    Braintree v Tranmere
    Burton v Altrincham
    Gloucster v Leyton Orient
    Dorchester v Plymouth
    Dundee utd v Celtic 

£10 over 2.5 goals at 32.47/1

Horses

Not going mad on the horses today, tough conditions and quite a few non runners today 

Leopardstown 
    2.35 – Lady Wingshot - 15/8 - £20 (won at 2/1 returns £60)

Carlisle 
    1.00      - Rupert Bear - 7/4 - £20 (won returns £55)
    2.40 - Rival Destruval - 11/8 - £20 
    4.15 - Vinstar - Evens - £20  (won returns £40)

Cork 
    2.50 - The Crafty Butcher - 7/4 - £20

Daily amount laid out = £190
    Daily Returns = £155
    Daily profit/loss = -£35
    Monthly profit/loss = £159.29
    Total profit/loss = -£57.02

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Right caught up with the updates, and got todays bets put up, still need to answer a few posts will have to leave that till after lunch.

If your having a bet good luck today

Shuv
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,577
    edited November 2012
    Hi Shuv,  Been enjoying the read.  WP on ya bink in the FR last nite.  We were on a table for quite a while and you & Greg used my chips well I see. ;-(  Anyway, I also like a few bets "most" days on sport so will follow with interest. DO you subscribe to any tipster sites? 
    GL tonight.
  • Options
    TINTINTINTIN Member Posts: 1,612
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    Sunday 4 th November   After Yesterday’s Successful day don’t wanna get carried away too much today but with the weather being how it is and being stuck at home with the kids whats a man supposed to do!!   Formula 1   Well with Vettel being Dq’ed and starting from the back of the grid, I was going to punt on him finishing in the points, and getting on the podium, expected fairly decent prices but at just 4/11 to finish in the points, and 6/1 on the podium Ill swerve this bet.   Last week I went with Hamilton, and lost this week he’s in Poll but I’m going to bet against him and take Betfred up on their offer of 14/1 on Alonso to win, most bookies have him around 9/1 – 10/1 and hes as short as 5/1 with one bookie.   Alonso to win – 14/1 - £10   Football   Tranmere Burton Albion Leyton Orient   FA Cup Treble all playing Non League teams, would expect all 3 to win comftably was tempted to throw Plymouth in as well but if there’s to be an upset today it could be there. £20 at 4.2/1.   Tranmere -1 15/8 Burton – 1 13/8 Leyton Orient -1 13/8   £10 -1 goal treble.   Roma Sevilla Bayer Leverkusen   All home, all big odds on, Banker treble £20 at 3.36/1     Newcastle   £20 at 5/1   Too big a price for a good Toon team against a poor Liverpool team.   Qpr v Reading Liverpool v Newcastle Braintree v Tranmere Burton v Altrincham Gloucster v Leyton Orient Dorchester v Plymouth Dundee utd v Celtic   £10 over 2.5 goals at 32.47/1   Horses Not going mad on the horses today, tough conditions and quite a few non runners today   Leopardstown   2.35 – Lady Wingshot - 15/8 - £20   Carlisle   1.00       - Rupert Bear - 7/4 - £20   2.40 - Rival Destruval - 11/8 - £20   4.15 - Vinstar - Evens - £20     Cork   2.50 - The Crafty Butcher - 7/4 - £20 Daily amount laid out = £190 Daily Returns = Daily profit/loss = Monthly profit/loss = £194.29 Total profit/loss = £31.27
    Posted by shuv
    i had already done this bet before you posted on here but only to a £5 stake. i hope i havent cursed you and we can both be smiling at the end of the day

edit. its off to a great start. 2 games postponed
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : i had already done this bet before you posted on here but only to a £5 stake. i hope i havent cursed you and we can both be smiling at the end of the day edit. its off to a great start. 2 games postponed
    Posted by TINTIN
    2 games postponed and celtic 0-0 at half time not good!!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hi Shuv,  Been enjoying the read.  WP on ya bink in the FR last nite.  We were on a table for quite a while and you & Greg used my chips well I see. ;-(  Anyway, I also like a few bets "most" days on sport so will follow with interest. DO you subscribe to any tipster sites?  GL tonight.
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hi Glen, thanks for the good luck and thanks even more for the chips ;) Will need all the luck I can get tonight wayyyy outta my league.

I dont subscribe to any but I do use some of the free ones, If im betting on Golf which I havent on the diary so far I use bettingzone.co.uk they are pretty decent.  Just this week they tipped Oosthuizen (led most of the way finished tied 6th) and Poulter (won it) both of whom were 20/1.

I use various site for racing, attheraces, racingpost, and various twitter tipsters, put their and my knowledge together and try and find some winners.

Football I like to study myself, spend a lot of time particualry on a friday looking at saturdays fixtures, trying to find that winning acca.

Other sports such as darts, snooker tennis, I dont study that much, I enjoy wathcing theese sports and its more of a gut feeling.

Theres plenty of good free tipsters about I'd never pay for one.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well done on your UKOPS seat win in the Freeroll yesterday, that was one huge flip at the end! Was fun playing with u! Nice betting diary too! U had a cracking Saturday, wp, look forward to following this!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Cheers mate, Im still new to poker, played alot of brag before but never much poker the odd £10 pub games thats about it. I got very lucky against you when I was the short stack on the bubble and pushed with KJ you had AQ aKx flop K turn Q river...  Im not sure I should have been calling you in that last hand either, but like I said before I was honestly happy with the Bounty hunter seat, had much more chance of getting some cash out of that than I will the main tonight, so I was happy to go for it.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    well lasted about 10 minutes in the main tonight :(
    goldnballz Small blind  15.00 15.00 9797.50
    PokerKinga Big blind  30.00 45.00 9160.00
     Your hole cards

CharlieF29 Fold     
    kneebox Fold     
    launder Fold     
    shuv Raise  120.00 165.00 9872.50
    goldnballz Call  105.00 270.00 9692.50
    PokerKinga Fold     
    Flop

goldnballz Check     
    shuv Bet  202.50 472.50 9670.00
    goldnballz Call  202.50 675.00 9490.00
    Turn

goldnballz Check     
    shuv Bet  506.25 1181.25 9163.75
    goldnballz Call  506.25 1687.50 8983.75
    River

• Q

goldnballz Check     
    shuv Bet  1265.63 2953.13 7898.12
    goldnballz Raise  3075.01 6028.14 5908.74
    shuv All-in  7898.12 13926.26 0.00
    goldnballz All-in  5908.74 19835.00 0.00
    shuv Unmatched bet  180.00 19655.00 180.00
    goldnballz Show

shuv Show

goldnballz Win Four 8s 19655.00  19655.00
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Lost a little bit yesterday, got 3 out of 5 on the horses, the other 2 came 2nd.  Alonso was close to winning the grand prix, another couple of laps and he would have had him, got a good run for my money tho and another 2nd place. 

Football wasn’t so good, with a couple of games being called off two of my trebles became a single, so had £20 on Burton Albion to beat a lowly non-league team and they went 2-0 in quick succession great. 

My banker treble was looking good; But Sevilla could only manage a 0-0 draw so I ended up the day with a £35 loss.

The most gutting part was the way I went out of the main event though, I never expected to win it or even cash, but did expect to last more than 10 minutes.  The hand was shown on TV and both Tikay and Redmond said there was nothing I could do, even said Phil Ivey wouldn’t have gotten of the hand, but I still can’t help feeling I should have just called his re-raise on the river.  I’d have still won a chunky pot if I had him beat, and I’d still have over 5k if I lost. 

It was between me and Gregg who won the seat for the tournament and I don’t think Greg would have gone bust in that spot, if you’re reading this Greg maybe you can tell me what you would have done. 

Monday 5th November 

I’m out for most of the day today so wot get to see anything I bet in action so will only be a few bets today. 

Tennis 

Murray to Beat Berdych 2-1 - 14/5 £20 (won returned £76)
    Horses 

Plumpton  

1.20 - Awesome Bella - 9/4 £20

12.50 - Pendra 4/5
    4.05 - Royale Knight 4/5
    £20 double (won returned £64.80)

Kempton 

2.40  - Black Thunder - 2/1 - £20 

Wolverhampton 

2.50 - Alaskan Bullet - 6/4 - £20
     (won returned £50)

Football 

Really fancy West Brom tonight, cant see anything but a decent win against the useless Saints. 

West Brom - 3/4 - £40 (won returns £70)
    West Brom ht/ft - 6/4 - £20 (won returns £50)
    West Brom - 3-0 - 12/1 £5 
    West Brom 4-0 - 25/1 £5

Daily amount laid out = £170
    Daily Returns = £310.80
    Daily profit/loss = £140.80
    Monthly profit/loss = £300.09
    Total profit/loss = £83.78

• Options
    spurs_13spurs_13 Member Posts: 221
    edited November 2012
    Great read, thanks for putting the effort in. Very unlucky last night in the main, saw it on 861 and fell off the couch.

Am not the most experieced poker player but have seen enough coolers in my time (famously negrano losing $500 000 in a cash game fh<quads - knew he was beat but had to call lol) and imo this is an all in everytime. You will win so many more times than losing and am sure the more experienced players on sky will be able to quote the +ev percentages

Run good 
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,207
    edited November 2012
    Great read as always. I wouldn't change your normal betting volume just because you want to keep people reading. I know this site doesnt have the facility to see the number of views each thread has had, but I'm sure it is being very well read but not everyone will feel the need to post something in reply to it every day.

There are certain threads people automatically go to read every time they log onto the site and for me, this diary is one of them :)
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,535
    edited November 2012
    Great read as always. I wouldn't change your normal betting volume just because you want to keep people reading. I know this site doesnt have the facility to see the number of views each thread has had, but I'm sure it is being very well read but not everyone will feel the need to post something in reply to it every day. There are certain threads people automatically go to read every time they log onto the site and for me, this diary is one of them :)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    +1
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    A pretty good day today, Finally got a tennis bet up, expected Murray to win but knew he wudnt have it easy, so happy with that.

Racing 2 bets outta 4 came in for a small profit, and West Brom obliged in the footy for both my win bet and halftime/fulltime bet, a shame they couldnt find that 3rd goal but lets not be greedy.

Ended up with a £140.80 proft today which puts me £300.09 up for the month but more importantly £137.07 up overall. 

Shuv
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Great read, thanks for putting the effort in. Very unlucky last night in the main, saw it on 861 and fell off the couch. Am not the most experieced poker player but have seen enough coolers in my time (famously negrano losing $500 000 in a cash game fh<quads - knew he was beat but had to call lol) and imo this is an all in everytime. You will win so many more times than losing and am sure the more experienced players on sky will be able to quote the +ev percentages Run good 
    Posted by spurs_13
    Thanks, had a few people tell me today that I played it right, and I was just being results orientated, and I know they are right, was just gutting at the time. 

Theres always next time tho :)