You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning:
    why are u reraising these hands pre  i understand for position but id just flat call the 60 in the 1st hand and the 2nd hand is just a call imo
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    that's what i was stating myself.
    i'm thinking myself i had been in a bit of positive tilt and also considing how card dead i was during the main event , during the turbo side event i went over the top with my 3betting preflop rather than waiting to see the flop and taking my action from there.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    edited November 2014
    Craig

I know this is a bit dull but...
    I hope you withdraw a large amount of your winnings from last night. Treat yourself to something great.
    You deserve it after doing so well
    edited November 2014
    it won't really be until wednesday when i finally can think about what to do with some of the money i've won.

what i've decided is wait until the UKOPS itself has finished and take it from there.

part of the problem i face with the sort of treats i would want is, epilepsy prevents me from driving and if i have a holiday i'm annoyed with the fact i'll need to pay for the carer as well.

So although i did already have plans to go on a great holiday, the negative part of my menal thought keeps on putting me off this and just the other week i spent a larger than expected amount of money from what was already in my account so the bank itself got suspicous, therefore it might be a bit odd putting £3000 into an account like myself all in one day.
    edited November 2014
    as it stands my BR at the minute is £7517, i'll still be playing some cash game so by the end of the week i'll   probablyhave a minimum of £6800 and that's if i didn't win anymore prizes in UKOPS or cash tables.

my plan is to spend £4000 and keep £2000 to add onto what was 900 prior to this win, the other £800 is what i'm using in UKOPS along with what ever casth i get this week.

tuesday night i'll only be playing the main mini and micro events, side and challenge both start too late.

wednesday will be only the mini

thursday main, mini and micro

friday micro, main mini and possibly side

saturday micro main mini  challenge and possible side

sunday main mini challenge and maybe side.

It's weather or not the prize pool is good enough in those side events really
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited November 2014
  • GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 384
    edited November 2014
    it won't really be until wednesday when i finally can think about what to do with some of the money i've won. what i've decided is wait until the UKOPS itself has finished and take it from there. part of the problem i face with the sort of treats i would want is, epilepsy prevents me from driving and if i have a holiday i'm annoyed with the fact i'll need to pay for the carer as well. So although i did already have plans to go on a great holiday, the negative part of my menal thought keeps on putting me off this and just the other week i spent a larger than expected amount of money from what was already in my account so the bank itself got suspicous, therefore it might be a bit odd putting £3000 into an account like myself all in one day.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Hi Craig - I know the feeling with having to pay for holidays for others, I feel like that about paying for the wife and kids!!!! (Only joking).

Don't worry about the bank, they were more likely concerned that someone had fraudulantly (if that's how its spelt) taken money from your account and just checked it was you spending it and not someone else, they will be fine with you putting money in, they like that.

Enjoy the winnings!

Greg.
  • jimb0d1jimb0d1 Member Posts: 660
    edited November 2014
    Dont go playing crazy stakes or anything and prove to those carers etc that you can handle the cash Craig. Gl for rest of UKOPS.
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited November 2014
    Hey Craig!

What about your Aunt, especially if she was retired. or another family member, would they able to go on holiday with you?

Tenerife is amazing this type of year, 22-25 degrees when it's getting into minus figures over here!

Holiday for 2 would be about £1k-1.5k for a week. Maybe £2k for 2 weeks.

I know your Aunt is sceptical about poker as "gambling" and is scared you will lose money etc etc.

That's only because she cares for you and doesn't understand the skill element involved in poker.

Pretty sure she would be chuffed for you if she knew how well you did on Sunday.

You could say to her you won £2/3k and want to spend it on a holiday.

Also if you withdraw £3k into the bank, they will not be concerned about this, so don't worry about that.

Let us know how you do.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited November 2014
    Hey Craig! What about your Aunt, especially if she was retired. or another family member, would they able to go on holiday with you? Tenerife is amazing this type of year, 22-25 degrees when it's getting into minus figures over here! Holiday for 2 would be about £1k-1.5k for a week. Maybe £2k for 2 weeks. I know your Aunt is sceptical about poker as "gambling" and is scared you will lose money etc etc. That's only because she cares for you and doesn't understand the skill element involved in poker. Pretty sure she would be chuffed for you if she knew how well you did on Sunday. You could say to her you won £2/3k and want to spend it on a holiday. Also if you withdraw £3k into the bank, they will not be concerned about this, so don't worry about that. Let us know how you do.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Why are you encouraging Craig to lie to his family?
  • rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,945
    edited November 2014
    not been on this forum for a long time just wanted to pop on and say well done

enjoy

• TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited November 2014
    i talk frequently about the frustration i get when people limp in preflop. i need to think about this considering i choose to only call the opening bet with JJ. if i did 3bet preflop i'm thinking i would go bust on the flop as i'm thinking a cbet still should be made to protect from Ax and flush draws so when he shoves i would see it either KQ or flush draw. GliterBabe Small blind   150.00 150.00 1701.00 THE_GYPSY Big blind   300.00 450.00 5075.00   Your hole cards J J       Willywonky Raise   600.00 1050.00 25521.00 Ozzy1000 Call   600.00 1650.00 7261.50 craigcu12 Call   600.00 2250.00 8345.00 waggawuffi Fold         GliterBabe Fold         THE_GYPSY Call   300.00 2550.00 4775.00 Flop     8 K 5       THE_GYPSY Check         Willywonky Check         Ozzy1000 Bet   1500.00 4050.00 5761.50 craigcu12 Raise   3000.00 7050.00 5345.00 THE_GYPSY Fold         Willywonky Fold         Ozzy1000 All-in   5761.50 12811.50 0.00 craigcu12 Call   4261.50 17073.00 1083.50 Ozzy1000 Show Q K       craigcu12 Show J J       Turn     10       River     8       Ozzy1000 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 8s 17073.00   17073.00
    Posted by craigcu12
    Craig you really need to get over being fustrated by people limping.  If you think its bad play then you should be happy to see limpers. If you struggle to play against limpers then who is the bad player? If their strategy is fustrating you and you find it difficult to counter then who is doing better?

As an aside in heads-up play limping is a huge part of GTO strategy and when hu poker is solved, unbeatable play WILL involve limping, and lots of it. For example heads up I dont minraise v a reg when I hit certain stack sizes. I limp lots of hands under 25bb and am correct to do so, mtt play is vastly different and limping is likely to be sub optimal, but still +ev compared to folding. Instead of getting fustrated and calling people fishes you should defo look into how to exploit these players that you think are so bad.
    edited November 2014
    In the hand you posted raising flop is pretty bad. If you do 3bt checking that flop would be fine too.

Dont turn made hands into bluffs without reads.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited November 2014
    Craig, you've put the least amount of chips in pre flop when you probably have the best hand, and then gone crazy on a flop where you're likely to either be crushed or every so slightly ahead.
    edited November 2014
    last sunday was a day when i got myself the best individual prize, tonight could go down as my best number of MTTs that would see me pass the bubble (excluding sats).

My first prize came in the mini, this MTT was a one where my hands were all ones with good strength post flop, not much problem against the passive player.

The second cash prize i won was in the main event, being so focused on the actual event itself i had enabled myself to take a few chances with some hands which having shown strength preflop, gives reason to do so on the flops, i saw an interesting hand in the early stages which got me thinking, "perhaps i'm trying to take down the pot on the wrong street" AsKs got open raised preflop 3h 4s Qc comes on the flop i cbet 180, the SB calls and the turn then gives a 3s. At first glance this card would mean a second call was expected but knowing i have more equity i decide to do a second bet and to my suprise he does fold, so perhaps it's the turn that will get the best hope of foldings being forced not the flop.

anyway my 3rd prize came in the 4K UKOPS BH and that was most certainly helped through a bit of limper isolation played better.

I did seem to be walking towards a prize in the UKOPS rebuy challenge as well but unfortunately i say myself loose track of the table dynamic but what can i say, UKOPS main event UKOPS 4K BH, how many of them did i expect to go past the bubble, answer hopefully 1 never mind the loosing out of the 3rd.

4K UKOPS BH
    GSmith1303£296.62 + £146.26 Head Prizes4 
    craigcu1204£238.71 + £66.80 Head Prizes2 
    paul1005£203.40 + £141.80 Head Prizes6 
    xayn06£175.15 + £143.25 Head Prizes5
    UKOPS 6 main
    bromley0407£789.23
    Glenelg08£625.30
    foldUfairy09£469.82
    WHOAMI196010£469.82
    craigcu12011£321.10
    RogueCell012£321.10
    smelly176076£6.29 + £9.37 Head Prizes4 
    craigcu12077£6.29 + £3.76 Head Prizes2 
    Ozzy1000078£6.290 
    Jaguar965079£5.50 + £2.34 Head Prizes1
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,944
    edited November 2014

Craig is on FIRE!
    edited November 2014
    Craig is on FIRE!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Has anyone cashed for more in ukops? Railtard1 might be close, and moorman probably ahead, but craig you are smashing it.

Well done mate.
    edited November 2014

Tonight the story of UKOPS is like a roller coaster that was on the rise then falls then is on the rise again and finished as a good day.

To get things started I went very well in the micro where I managed to finish in 31st place and get 10HP. Being £20.17, the BR size i have makes this seem a tiny prize and my real wins are going to come from main events and middle price MTTs, I decided to use this prize for some all in sats as that might save me up to £110 which it did in the end as I got in on second attempt and did try a 3rd one which if won, I’d use in the UKOPS main coming up on Sunday.

This main event was one which I hadn't quite played so well in, I might have early exited Monday and Tuesday main events but they were both due to being so card dead, someone had thought it might have been a bit of tilt but I’d say it was caused by eating a lot of sugary foods today and also lots of fizzy pop.

Lots of sugar being the cause does sound odd, the thinking of it is the way, I was wasting chips in the £22 challenge event and also how much shipping I did in the mini rebuy, it does still sound like tilt, the thing about being on tilt is that would see me do just as poor in the deep stack when that came, also when loosing these pots I still felt happy but couldn’t seem be relaxed. Once the deep stack had got round i was finally starting to get relaxed, during the first hour but the deep stack itself stopped me making the early exit and i became relaxed by the time the first break arrived

I also had a very sickening exit hand in the main event when I went all in preflop JJ vs. 10s9s flop comes Jd 8d 5s, turn 4d and then a Q on the river, I’ve just had an awful beat where he open raised I 3bet then he cold 4bet making me jam, having lost if I were on tilt I would have been furious but I wasn't bothered at all, just put it to one side and wondered how I’ll do in the main event on Sunday itself.

skyekick06030£4.47 + £5.62 Head Prizes4 
    craigcu12031£3.90 + £16.27 Head Prizes10 
    rich2010032£3.90 + £1.13 Head Prizes1 
    BLOOMIN033£3.90 + £9.63 Head
    rspca124200001£1160
    ROSSBOY02£760
    cocokabala03£470
    craigcu1204£380
    eddie201105£310
    overall i've finished £168.75 up, could have been £211 had the cash tables just not seen me joining.
    edited November 2014
    after having such a long week of great UKOPS, by the time it got round to the main event i myself was probably too fatigued, the fact i final tabled last nights deepy made it difficult and i had about 6 hours sleep, saturday i didn't get up until 12pm.

anyway the UKOPS is over and so here is my results for the week overall.

day 1-
    HR
    craigcu12 
    02  £6840
    mirco BH
    craigcu12 
    067 £4.02 + £6.02 Head Prizes
    day 3-
    mini rebuy
    craigcu12 
    09  £77
    day 6-
    main deepstack
    craigcu12 
    011  £321.1
    mini BH
    craigcu12 
    077  £6.29 + £3.76 Head Prizes
    side event BH
    craigcu12 
    04  £238.71 + £66.80 Head Prizes
    day 7-
    micro BH
    craigcu12 
    031  £3.90 + £16.27 Head Prizes
    side deepstack
    craigcu12 
    04  £380
    day 8-
    craigcu12 
    046  £20.40 + £31.88 Head Prizes4
    the total prize overall is £6365.14

the way i respended when exiting these events gives me the indication that i've been terrible with BR management, now that i've got a large BR exits such as the one i got in saturdays main will be nothing more than an unlucky hand, my disappointment today will just be viewed as a one where i choose to play and having cashed in so many UKOPS i now believe i can take more risks and accept defeat easier.
    edited November 2014
    after having such a long week of great UKOPS, by the time it got round to the main event i myself was probably too fatigued, the fact i final tabled last nights deepy made it difficult and i had about 6 hours sleep, saturday i didn't get up until 12pm. anyway the UKOPS is over and so here is my results for the week overall. day 1- HR craigcu12 0 2 £6840 mirco BH craigcu12 0 67 £4.02 + £6.02 Head Prizes day 3- mini rebuy craigcu12 0 9 £77 day 6- main deepstack craigcu12 0 11 £321.1 mini BH craigcu12 0 77 £6.29 + £3.76 Head Prizes side event BH craigcu12 0 4 £238.71 + £66.80 Head Prizes day 7- micro BH craigcu12 0 31 £3.90 + £16.27 Head Prizes side deepstack craigcu12 0 4 £380 day 8- craigcu12 0 46 £20.40 + £31.88 Head Prizes 4 the total prize overall is £6365.14 the way i respended when exiting these events gives me the indication that i've been terrible with BR management, now that i've got a large BR exits such as the one i got in saturdays main will be nothing more than an unlucky hand, my disappointment today will just be viewed as a one where i choose to play and having cashed in so many UKOPS i now believe i can take more risks and accept defeat easier.
    Posted by craigcu12
    What a week!

Enjoy the £££, wp.
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning : What a week! Enjoy the £££, wp.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    you could include a few more days as it did see me also get the final table of th mini and getting past the bubble in two BH main the days prior to that first UKOPs.