You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited November 2014
    £4000 will be used as spending money and £3.6 will be kept as money for poker because that will mean i've got 100 direct buy ins for the BH main events.

as south africa and australia are both in summer time i think it's too hot for me at the minute but once it cools down i'll be planning a holiday in one of those.

also i might give a few live events an attempt during the college holidays.
    edited November 2014
    Is it the fact i've had MTTs dominating my days recently or could it simply be the fact lots of these big losses i got were because of me getting a premium pair whilst sitting in the SB or BB.

my overall losses were -£150.58.
    edited January 2015
    more often than not a flop will give an A, K or Q. Q high flops might see calls get made but i'm sure a board that comes K or A high will see most people fold.

the maximum number involved will be 2, so already i don't have much of an issue with going multiway. UTG being the first to raise my guess is he'll be quite narrow. the chance of them raising a hand such as TPTK and JJ on boards like 9high is also unlikely, so basically i can see them trapping me with a set.
    they might try a bluff sometimes but more often than not it's a stronger hand they'll have.
    edited November 2014
    well that's it for tonight, the cash hasn't gone well, the MTTs saw a tiny win of £7.02, i did but out of the main but having managed to get £23.52 in the mini i got my money back.

i did play 1 SnG too and that went great so won £56.

overall i lost £93.04
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2014
    Craig you are still an inexperienced player. 

Don't get carried away after your good result, stay at the same cash levels you were at before, and keep trying to sat in to the big tournaments. 

The more hands you play, the more you will learn and improve. 

Just because you have a bankroll to play higher, doesn't mean you have to. 

gl & congrats again!
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited November 2014
    For a start, AA and JJ are vvv different hands, and the hand histories have 2 different players as the UTG opener so there's a good chance the correct play won't be the same against both players even if you didn't have 2 different hands in the two hands.

Fwiw, I wouldn't call this major aggression, you've just shown 2 x 3bets and a cbet with 2 premium PPs, and I deffo wouldn't recommend going smaller, if anything those sizings are already too small.

Hand 1 - absolutely standard 3bet of course, I'd probably go couple of BBs bigger with my 3bet as we're OOP, he's UTG so has a stronger range, and he's gone slightly over 3x himself. Again absolutely standard/great board for us to be cbetting here but I'd deffo be going bigger. Most people don't call 3bets to just snap fold to a cbet on this kinda board, especially when they have position. We're still getting called here imo by all Kx, all FDs, most 9x, TT, JJ, QQ, probably QJs, QTs, JTs, and mayyyyybe 1 street with AQ. It's a pretty wet flop and we should be going more like £5 ish.

Hand 2 - I didn't know the villian in Hand 1 but I do know this guy and I assume you must know him too. Against certain people there is no value in 3betting their UTG opens with JJ because they're just too nitty, this is one of them imo. I'd bet his range to open UTG and then continue facing a 3bet is somewhere in the region of JJ+ and AK, maybe AQs, which leaves you in pretty poor shape, especially as we're OOP. So I prefer a flat pre against this player, we keep his range wider and our hand is under-repped.

As played, assuming we've 3bet a person that we can happily 3bet JJ for value in these positions then it's a good flop to cbet, but cbetting one third pot is just SO weak. I very much doubt you'd ever cbet £4 here if you had AQ and if you would then it's a realllllly big mistake. If we're cbetting here I'd go around £7.50-£8
    edited November 2014
    Just saw what Dohhhh said and +1 to that.
    edited November 2014
    this money has been sitting in my sky account for too long, being nl30 i'm still getting far too much calling stations (nits,loose and fit/fold), the thing about these stakes is i'll be getting pots that are normally an average of £2 but my BR being 7500 will make these seem tiny.

In just 1 week i've lost a total of £400, so enough is enough time now to take £4000 out and leave myself just £3000.

i might not be able to go on holiday yet but i most certainly will get myself one booked for either easter or the summer as college will have finished.
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited November 2014

Have heard people talk about the third rule after a big bink.

One third be sensible - pay off some debt or put into an ISA or other saving/investment (get proper advice though)
    One third treat yourself and/or someone you care about to something you wouldn't/couldn't otherwise have done
    One third keep as poker bankroll

sounds good to me - hope to test it one day!

gl craig but whatever you do make sure that win makes a positive difference somehow.

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited November 2014
    Craig, it is very difficult to spin a bankroll up enough to be rolled to play all the mains and whatever you fancy really.

It can be very easy to lose it all when you get to that point, if you aren't careful. Taking a large sum out is very wise. Remember, you only play for fun essentially, but you're in a financially fortunate position. Don't put pressure on yourself and just enjoy the ride.
    edited November 2014
    it has a great community, great forum thread and TV but unfortunately it's not global.

the problem is that on sky poker you can't really switch tables because it's only really got lots to choose from when i'm playing micro stakes. What i need is 2 or 3 poker sites that way if one site is looking dull i'll just move across.

now i shall have £1000 in my 888 poker account, so once the sky tables start adjusting to my poker game i can simply go over to the other poker site and get myself the money from them tables.

the other thing about 888 poker is that will have 9 max perfect for hands like suited connectors and small pocket pairs.
    edited November 2014
    i did have some play prior to tonight but most of it was just fun. tonight was my first serious day for about a fortnight and it wasn't the best of ones.

as it only really started in the evening i didn't have chance to do much cash, i did manage about an hour and got myself a win of £13.06

The MTTs were a different story. the main event again got off to a bad start and before the first hour i was down to 1400, i did get a prize in 3K BH and the mini (22.96 and 16.27), i was very disappointed with my exit in the 3K BH £55 because it was at the point where the bubble was going to burst sadly i got beat when a player decides to limp QQ, i raise JJ then a short stack shoves and he reshoves making his range look much wider that a Ch/R would have looked without the short stack shoved.

overall i've lost £47.41
    edited November 2014
    these people might be very tight post flop but one things for sure they are still very loose preflop so what happens is i'm getting lots of losses that are heavy both bad beats and coolers, unfortunately i'm not getting the chance to make up for them losses with a decent win when i'm ahead.

edited December 2014
    exiting like i did tells me i'm miles away from being the good player and rush my bets far too much.

so that second place high roller was most certainly based purely on the fact i got lucky hits, i only have to think back to the 3K BH on friday when i lost a stack of 19000 (300/600) with JJ.

one excuse i may  have is the fact sky poker doesn't have the time bank because i do get concerned i might time out and although it's 3 seconds it doesn't look as long as that, it just looks like a blue line going down fast and i've lost lots of value previously with hands due to myself getting timed out.
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning:
    when u shove the turn what are u expecting to get called by ?  ya only gonna get called by a hand that is beating u imo  as played bet half pot turn for a shove on the river very unlucky tho 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    i was thinking far too much about taking it down now and defending it from either of the flush draws and the two pair combinations for QJ, KQ K10 and J10 so it caused me to forget about JJ and KJ.

i said in an earlier statement a point about my great chess but the great chess games are done as days per move, if i play quick ones it's going to be an hour at the minimum.
    edited December 2014

after the frustration I had yesterday over the mega roller exit I've decided enough is enough, that doesn't mean I'm stopping playing poker all i'm doing is make these next couple of months the penultimate months which will tell me where I really stand.

1. days i'm in a main event i'll only have star radio,  for now i'll not even have sky poker TV or the mini (unless it's the super roller) up as it's just much of a distraction. if I early exit any of the main events I've always got the chance of entry into the 3K BH at 9:30.

2. 4 cash tables is the maximum i'm going to play (3 nl30 +1 nl40) or 3 nl30 sky tables and 3 nl20 888poker (HUDS can be used on 888)

3. my biggest aim is remain calm and positive about exits and bad cash days because every one has them even phil ivy, I spent the money on mental side of poker so I should read it.

edited December 2014
    Craig, you're still riding the crest of an almost 7k wave, you should be full of joy for the game, enjoying it, not worrying about the financial side of things too much.

To see you saying that the next couple of months are effectively make or break is very surprising.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,244
    edited December 2014

Someones not happy with you Craig :-)

Re: Donks

posted at 1/12/2014 7:01 PM GMT on SkyPoker.com

First: 27/11/2014
    Last: 1/12/2014
    well i have just played a qualifier for bounty tonight and a player by the name of craigcu12 re shoved after i push all in with qq he has 10 5 off suit and hits his miracle 2 pair on the river.. i am really sick of this bs rigged site always favouring the bigstacks when all in pre flop its so scandalous i dont no how sky get away with it this site is very unrealistic and constantly getting my money in good to be rivered by the worst hands ever AND NO SKY ITS NOT VARIANCE ITS JUST THIS PEICE OF DOG DO DO RIGGED SOFTWARE yous should be ashamed of yourselfs
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning:
    Craig, you're still riding the crest of an almost 7k wave, you should be full of joy for the game, enjoying it, not worrying about the financial side of things too much. To see you saying that the next couple of months are effectively make or break is very surprising.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Never thought I'd hear myself say this... But massive +1

Seems like you're annoyed with the game when I'd bet you've literally made probably 10 to 20 times more profit than 99% of poker players make in their first year of the learning the game.

Variance has been kind to you and it can sometimes give you a false idea that its sustainable when you ain't experienced the opposite end of it yet. Don't give up, it would take one **** of slot of losing for you to become break even from the game which is more than most can hope for in their first twelve months. Sure you still got lots to learn, but so have I and I've been playing 10x longer than you.

edited December 2014
    So you've been playing poker since....before you were born Lambo?

wpwp ;)