You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited December 2014
    Lambert and Hh make really good points, i dont believe you should be playing higher tournaments just because you are now rolled for them, you should only be playing them if they offer value to yourself. you obviously had 1 great result this year but you shouldnt judge that any higher than you would winning a 10/20 quid BH...

I was in a similar position to you, i have been playing under 2 years, in my first year i won a pretty huge event for a few grand and spent the next months playing tournaments i was rolled for in terms of money but not in terms of experience and i lost nearly all of my initial win... after a year i decided to go back to £5/£10 mtts and i started to beat the game again and that really gives you the confidence you need to progress.

i guess what im saying is sometimes the quickest way to move forward  is to take a brief step backwards first.

GL mate!
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,821
    edited December 2014
    Sounds like positive tilt to me. 

You have a big BR and play a bit more loose and away from what gave you success. Higer stakes and BI's.

Just chill and remain at your normal levels. By all means play main events etc but give them more thought and attention.

Good luck.
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning:
    So you've been playing poker since....before you were born Lambo? wpwp ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    He's been playing a year, I'm 28 and been playing online since I was 18. Been playing since I was 14 if you count £1 sng home games witg mates
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning : He's been playing a year, I'm 28 and been playing online since I was 18. Been playing since I was 14 if you count £1 sng home games witg mates
    Posted by Lambert180
    How has he been playing a year?! Where you getting that from? His first post on here is from December '12 and mentions his first year on Sky, so I'd say it looks like at least 3 years.

I repeat, have you been playing from before you were born? ;)
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited December 2014

Craig just because we have a bigger bankroll than before, doesn't mean we have to play higher games than before. 

Bankroll management dictates that we have to have so much money to be able to play up to a certain level.

It doesn't mean we have to play that level, it just means we're not allowed to play above it. 

Go back to playing exactly the same games as you were playing before the high roller. Reset your bankroll to exactly what it was, and go right back to basics. 

You may suddenly be bankrolled to play higher games against tougher opposition, but that doesn't mean you're ready to. 

• The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning : Never thought I'd hear myself say this... But massive +1 Seems like you're annoyed with the game when I'd bet you've literally made probably 10 to 20 times more profit than 99% of poker players make in their first year of the learning the game. Variance has been kind to you and it can sometimes give you a false idea that its sustainable when you ain't experienced the opposite end of it yet. Don't give up, it would take one **** of slot of losing for you to become break even from the game which is more than most can hope for in their first twelve months. Sure you still got lots to learn, but so have I and I've been playing 10x longer than you.
    Posted by Lambert180
    This!

In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning:
    Craig just because we have a bigger bankroll than before, doesn't mean we have to play higher games than before.  Bankroll management dictates that we have to have so much money to be able to play up to a certain level. It doesn't mean we have to play that level, it just means we're not allowed to play above it.  Go back to playing exactly the same games as you were playing before the high roller. Reset your bankroll to exactly what it was, and go right back to basics.  You may suddenly be bankrolled to play higher games against tougher opposition, but that doesn't mean you're ready to. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Sounds like experiance ;) 
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited December 2014
    Craig just because we have a bigger bankroll than before, doesn't mean we have to play higher games than before.  Bankroll management dictates that we have to have so much money to be able to play up to a certain level. It doesn't mean we have to play that level, it just means we're not allowed to play above it.  Go back to playing exactly the same games as you were playing before the high roller. Reset your bankroll to exactly what it was, and go right back to basics.  You may suddenly be bankrolled to play higher games against tougher opposition, but that doesn't mean you're ready to. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    nl 30 was my main stakes prior to the win I got, it would be main events that are jumping it.
    the last 3 main events all got entry via a sat, the only main events I really direct buy into is the Thursday main event and maybe Tuesday.

when I say i'm going to play 1 nl 40 it's basically me doing what I did previously i'll start with just 1 nl40 table and 3 nl30 like when I moved from nl20 up to nl30, the other week I made a jump directly to 4 nl50 and struggled so instead I'll be moving up gradually.

simply put
    nl30 was and still is my main cash, I just have 1 nl40
    £11 is the cost i'll make for direct buy in for MTTs and i'll only enter a high price for the Thursday BH as I enjoy that one and the super roller semi knowing it's got no need for final table just bubble.
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited December 2014
    2nd all the other recent posts.

Perhaps consider a proper time out to regroup and get your head back to where it was before the win. Take a chunk of the win and use it to enjoy your Christmas, whatever it is outside of poker that you love to do. Maybe it'll help you come back refreshed and ready to love playing again?

As a wiseish man once said, poker is a never ending game, it'll still be here ready for you to win a few more quid when you get back!
    edited December 2014
    again their were some annoying exits in the DTDs when people choose to limp in at the later stages and having attempted to pitch all the chips I get the occasional premium pair that decided to limp, the difference today was I remained fully relaxed all the way.

The cash tables went much better and rather than cbetting every time I've open raised and saw the flop I managed to get much more value by mixing up play, also I had breaks after each hour like an MTT, basically it was much more relaxing as the radio plays some of my favourite music, is very relaxing and helped keep me calm.

normally I wouldn't be on them at all, as their were no nl30 or nl40p tables I decided to play just 1 nl50p whilst playing some cash on 888 poker, overall I got £5.98 of that table.

the session tonight was a case of 3nl 30p and 1 nl40p as well as DTD3 and in that session the nl40p went great with a total win of £74.22 and a major part was when I called AKo IP and as I held the Ah i decided to call the flop as it came 1032hh then on the turn I hit my K so called knowing he might have QQ or JJ and river came K and he went Ch/C.

total for the night
    MTT -£15.93 (sats and DTD)
    cash
    £81.58
    overall £65.63

on 888 poker I had a short session and the story was mainly about just the one hand when I had AA was loosing to a set but got lucky with a rivered A.
     total gained
    £28.97
    edited December 2014
    Craig, can you just clarify how long you have been playing poker please? :)
    edited December 2014

I didn’t manage to make it into tonight's main event successfully via a semi but i didn't enter Thursday's BH at all so I used my once a week direct entry on today's main event instead. The main event itself started off very well and I got a large chip stack but as the blinds increased I started to drain chips away as my chances to steal were made difficult because of a short stack to my left and a few people raising by 3BB pre, by the time my stack was down to 15BB I felt it was now time to ship my stack and it did have lots of chances of double ups but it seemed as though the table was a nitty one unusual for a BH, when the blinds were 250/500 I finally did get my double up when K10s got shoved and called by 95s all that was left now is get myself past the bubble and it certainly was a long one (30minutes). Thankfully I did pass the bubble and went out in 34th place having lost a flip 1010 against an AJ so won £34 without any HP.

As I had an hour before the main event I used that time on some cash tables 3NL30p 1 nl40p and overall it went great not profitably but mentally. My biggest win from a single hand was when I got lucky and saw the villain semi bluff his nut flush draw which unfortunately didn’t work as I had the trips he attempted to bluff. My biggest loss came from an unfortunate river card giving him a straight but I had to call because although the board was very straight heavy (10 9 7 5 3) on the river, the flop (10 5 3) only really allowed 64 and 42 straight draw so I see more two pairs and sets than I see straights therefore I’m calling top set for sure.

What I liked best about the day was it seemed to be my most relaxing poker day yet as those heavy losses, them chances to double not getting the hopeful caller and the time I did exit event all been accepted and rather than turning into a maniac I just waited patiently for my next proper chance.

Overall

Cash £9.04

MTT -£11.32

Overall -£2.28

No time for 888poker

edited December 2014
    Craig, can you just clarify how long you have been playing poker please? :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    i probably started playing poker about 5 years ago.
    first year was mainly on gaming sites like miniclips.
    second year i decided to join my first poker site.
    sky poker was started 3 years ago with the first year being about losses, i then got a helpful spreadsheet from doooooh and it was that document which started what is now a person who is serious about poker and now i've got two major sites which i'll play on and if the second one goes as good as this one has i'll then think about a 3rd one.
    edited December 2014
    Thanks Craig.

Lambert, can you edit your post please? You've been playing twice as long as Craig, not 10x as long. Ta :)
    edited December 2014
    today was a bad day as far as poker is concerned but was a good day as far as betting goes, i've decided to keep track of my total prize won in bets between now and UKOPS then i'll use the profit i got in bets on UKOPS high stakes MTTs. So far i'm £100 up in bets and knowing how good newcastle and how bad teams like liverpool and spurs are doing i could be in with some good prizes all i need to do is rather than picking lots of low odds teams i should just pick 2 highly priced teams and add teams such as barcalona and real madrid (almost certain to win) because today both stoke and newcastle were 4/1 and 6/1 respectively meaning i could have been £120 richer from just them two, my big win last time came from newcastle's two tough fixtures.

the poker didn't go well an i think part of that was down to me playing too wide on tables which had 5 unknowns, i also played a high roller quarter but went out with an attempted 3bet jam 13BB with 87s in the later stages and lost to A8o. 888 poker was a different story alltogether with a profit of £29.49 as both tables were packed with calling stations.

I might have got a loss but still i enjoyed my game overall

sky poker £-100.31
    bets £177.95
    888poker £29.49
    edited January 2015
    another day goes by and another loss occurs, still i did sustain a smaller loss in comparison to recent days and more of the losses were coolers than bad play. their were a few poor one and had it not been those bad plays i could well have got myself the winning.

my day today as far as poker goes
    888poker -$9.70
    sky poker -£73.06 (-£58.44 cash -£14.62MTT)

still it was better than on sunday when i lost £174 including £48 spent on a semi and lots of all in sats, generally speaking i shouldn't have played in the first place as the mini roller showed when i give up after just a few small losses.
    edited January 2015
    a night which should have finished good turned into a night of **** all caused by the simple fact instead of standing up right away i wait just a bit longer and then comes two decent hands which make it ruined. knowing how often the pot is going to be small i should just leave the table right away even if i do get AA becuase i would much rather avoid the big loss than i would getting that small pot win.
    edited December 2014
    i think i lost about £200 because of the simple reason being over aggressive
    edited January 2015
    This poker session I've just had this afternoon has been a much better one than those of recent days and i fealt so relaxed all through. I must admit the problem in recent days is most of last week I was been quite bored during the day time  and instead of playing short sessions throughout the day I had just sat bored then in the evening, i played poker as a way of getting out of bordom rather than playing it with seriousness and so it's no wonder i was getting so tilted, rushing hands and chasing losses.

Having had something to eat before starting and went out for a bit I managed to sit down fully relaxed and had my best session in ages, when i lost £19.33 with my AK against QQ rather than get so worked up I looked at the fact my AQs had won when it went all in with AQs against 66 meaning that loss was a break even for that other flip. my total prize was £66.51 durin this session.

edited December 2014
    The cash tonight didn't go as well as it had done this afternoon and got a loss of £14.16. At one point in the session i take things a step too far and over attempted a bluffs with 33 when i called the 3bet and having saw a board 247 tried to bluff a set but failed to get the QQ folding and also tried to bluff K10s on a board that was 754 and again it failed to see folding on the flop how ever this time i did realize my problem and from then on it changed and started thinking carefully about bluffs and soon things turned back to a sensible game.

As far as MTTs go it could be a story of maniac and bad luck more than anything- DTD 2, mini, £750BH (2.30) and UKOPs HR quart were all standard exits, the 2K BH could be descibed as an unlucky spot or bad calls because first i opted to call a 13 BB jam with QJ considering my stack was 50BB but lost out to AK high, next it was caused by a limper and when i Ch my 95o in BB, the flop came 99, the8 2nd limper has J9 and he bet OTT (10 2nd Spade) then came a Qd OTR, he bet 1875 and  as the pot is 5625 i make the call thinking maybe he is bluffing a missed flush draw or has a 9 himself and therefore lost next was my exit when 3bet shoving my last 10BB with Ajs loosing to a J7 flush, DTD1 was the worst case when my stack suffed big time from a maniac opting to jam 30BB 95ss on a board 56J having KK it's certainly called but he gets lucky by hitting the 9OTT and finally in DTD 3 a maniac shoves very first hand and knowing how many maniacs their were i called AK but didn't win my flip against 22.

still it's bee a day of profit with
    cash £52.35 (£66.51-£14.16)
    MTT -£22.96
    DYm -£1
    edited December 2014
    888 poker i managed to get a prize tonight of £33.27 but when i look at my graph it does show a loss of -£9.21 for non showdowns.

Q. like showdowns,  should non showdowns be finishing at profit or will these be frequently occuring as a loss?