You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Every Don has its day

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,046
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day.:
    Absolutely chuffed for you Don, congrats to both you and the mrs. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    +1.....have only just seen this, huge congrats m8
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited April 2013
    Congratulations fron all at TPT
  • Options
    calcalfoldcalcalfold Member Posts: 978
    edited April 2013

Hope all goes well fella  :)

• Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,755
    edited April 2013
    Back on some pokers.

Firstly thank you all for your kind messages, on sky, on facebook and some via text. I know it means alot to me and to mel. 

So back to some poker today. The pc i ordered last week also arrived, during lifts to and from the hospital i got a lift from the friend who built it on mates rates, it got dropped off then. 

I decided to give it a test to where i know my brain was. I asked a friend to load a joinme link, he didnt even watch but was obviously running so taking up computer usage. i had skype open in a group chat, and had 6 tables. If my brain, hands and eyes where fast enough i could still have reacted to much much more on this pc. a Huge improvement from the tilting at lag on the previous machine. 

The session its self went really well. I have to admit i was really comfortable playing and it showed. I made a few mistakes, not going to lie, but went well. 

I started strongly, then had a rough patch, however my aggression seemed to annoy so many people, the amount of very very light 3b/4bs i was being faced with was lovely. Not something you see every day. Although i must say i enjoyed it. One resulted in a huge cooler i was on the right end of, he 3b 45o i called with 22. flop 245r. 

Bankroll: £236.67 (First winning session for a while)

• Options
    DagnamitDagnamit Member Posts: 299
    edited April 2013
    Congratulations Don, and to Mel too :)

From Dags and Darn
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Early Morning Session

Had a really fun early morning hour on NL10. Have to admit disappointed with the result, but a huge number of redic crazy hands. 

Wont name names, but i know one person who probably got into the most crazy hands with me has posted in here a few times so may admit to it. 

Anyones one pretty mental hand early on where i got A9 v AT into a 4b pot v a reg. It resulted in me losing a 400BB pot. - how did that happen. 

I then ran AK into the same regs KK - obviously a massive cooler given previous hand. AK was actually a horrible hand for me last night, i had a weird pot with AK v 9T. The reg from above hands opened the button. SB peeled i 3b my AKs. Reg folds SB peels, pot is now £2.70 and he has £5.10 back. flop 9TQ with 2 clubs, giving me 2 overs, NFD and a gutshot. He donk shoves and holds. 

Another hand later seen me 3bet AK again. Then folding on river on a board of KQxQA. 

Bankroll: £210.63

• Options
    liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited April 2013
    hey m8 no read your thread for a few days like to leave it for a bit then read a few posts congrats to you and the mrs on the baby news.

also I don`t mind you mentioning me regarding those hands I just ran really well vs you last night.Just usually when we get into 3/4bet pots with not so strong holdings just last night most time I was 3/4betting I had the goods this time which was awesome due to some history lol.

but win or lose I like playing you because it`s fun and you are not a nit gl at tables.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    hey m8 no read your thread for a few days like to leave it for a bit then read a few posts congrats to you and the mrs on the baby news. also I don`t mind you mentioning me regarding those hands I just ran really well vs you last night.Just usually when we get into 3/4bet pots with not so strong holdings just last night most time I was 3/4betting I had the goods this time which was awesome due to some history lol. but win or lose I like playing you because it`s fun and you are not a nit gl at tables.
    Posted by liamboi11

Yeah i agree. I was 6 tabling at one point HU on 2 and 3 handed on another but the one that was most fun was one where it was me u and someone agro lad 3 handed. Not very often you see 6 bet pots at NL10 :D 
  • Options
    _ARAZI__ARAZI_ Member Posts: 549
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day. : Yeah i agree. I was 6 tabling at one point HU on 2 and 3 handed on another but the one that was most fun was one where it was me u and someone agro lad 3 handed. Not very often you see 6 bet pots at NL10 :D 
    Posted by The_Don90

I thought the hands you were 3 and 4 betting were monsters to be honest mate :)

Congrats again to you and mel

No doubt will be seeing ya at the tables again soon.

Speak then. Good luck.

Daz.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day. : I thought the hands you were 3 and 4 betting were monsters to be honest mate :) Congrats again to you and mel No doubt will be seeing ya at the tables again soon. Speak then. Good luck. Daz.
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    I was going to play MC forgot about the sunday element - nice pot with the AQ buy the way 

you know me i always have the nuts lol :) 
  • Options
    _ARAZI__ARAZI_ Member Posts: 549
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day. : I was going to play MC forgot about the sunday element - nice pot with the AQ buy the way  you know me i always have the nuts lol :) 
    Posted by The_Don90

Yeah mate :)

The AQ hand i would never normally ship there but i knew the guy norm plays at much higher stakes and was splashing around abit so actually expected a call from much worse than what i had and was happy to race for the stacks there.

If you saw the QQ hand v his 22 later on where he floped a set that was just as Redmond said on the show, i was gonna just station him to river but the board ran out pretty ugly for me putting a Ace, King and poss straight there by the river and like i told you plenty times mate if you watch for players tendencies during hands some of them almost play their hands face up at times and although he was being aggro pre flop i had never seen him firing full pot on all three streets at any point without a monster so that combined with the way the board ran out made it a easy fold on river.

Hope to see you on the tables tuesday for the lolz.

Good luck.

Daz.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    22nd April

So i Didn't sleep last night. I had planned a 4 hour afternoon session. Unfortunetly my mate challenged me to total war: Shogun 2 - my competitive edge took over, and 10 hours later we still hadn't finnished we eventually had to giver up for him to go to work. 

So instead of playing i slept. 

Its not too bad it saves mel getting up at night if we're awake. Although I have to sleep tonight as we have an appointment to register him tomorrow.

Anyways i decided to play, i origonally thought for an hour, but was closer to 2 hours. 

Some crazy hands, early on got KK v Q8o all in pre for like 200BB effective stack. 

The session did slow for a while but i was winning slightly more than losing. In the end i finnished a nice 3 buy ins up. I also got £12 for my cash in yesterdays mini primo - which was all in played. 

Bankroll: £250.62

• Options
    edited April 2013
    A very late update

Erm where to start. Firstly i havent played much. One medium session, +£27 for that.

Mel also final tabled for the first time on friday - a £2.30 (£250 GTD) bounty hunter. Think she ended up 3rd for like £16, horrid payout. If she wins her standard exit i think she goes onto winning. 

The weeman also seems to be getting big already. 

Will update properly more often, thought this would be a massive post and my mind is gone blank. 

Bankroll: £277.35

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited April 2013

Hey Mate,

Glad thingsare going well. And nice profit! 10% of your bankroll.

Is it just 5p 10p you play? How do you think it plays there versus 2p 4p?

• Options
    DrSharpDrSharp Member Posts: 1,213
    edited April 2013
    Hey Don,

Don't post much anymore due to having a young un myself. He went 1 last Thursday. Just wanted to pop on and say a mahoosive congrats to you both.

Hope everything goes well and you have a bit of run good in life together.

Well done,

Sharpy.

Oh, yeah and I forgot to mention Rangers predicaments on previous visits. So lol.

;-)
  • Options
    bignoise10bignoise10 Member Posts: 567
    edited April 2013
    Hey man.Apologies for the delay.Just catchin up on various threads atm.Congrats on the kid and hope the weemans ok.
    Be good
    Paul
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited April 2013
    I'll sit down at one of your tables mate, if your playing 10nl over the next couple of days.

I'm going to give a bit of 10nl a go as well as 2p-4p. I'll just be 1 tabling cash, and prob playing a few hus games at the same time to keep me focussed. Times i've player at 10nl before, it's not been that much different, maybe a few more bluffs/ slightly tighter.

I'll see you at a table soon:D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day.:
    Hey Don, Don't post much anymore due to having a young un myself. He went 1 last Thursday. Just wanted to pop on and say a mahoosive congrats to you both. Hope everything goes well and you have a bit of run good in life together. Well done, Sharpy. Oh, yeah and I forgot to mention Rangers predicaments on previous visits. So lol. ;-)
    Posted by DrSharp
    Cheers mate

In regards to Rangers, we will be back and we will be alot stronger for it. The problem i see is with Murray and his EBT scheme - weather proven legal or not, Craig Whyte - how he ever got a football club ill never know. Now it seems Charles Green has some skeletons, the only wway i see us going forward now is if we are fan run. 

Hey man.Apologies for the delay.Just catchin up on various threads atm.Congrats on the kid and hope the weemans ok. Be good Paul
    Posted by bignoise10

Thanks mate :) 
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day.:
    Hey Mate, Glad thingsare going well. And nice profit! 10% of your bankroll. Is it just 5p 10p you play? How do you think it plays there versus 2p 4p?
    Posted by LARSON7

I'll sit down at one of your tables mate, if your playing 10nl over the next couple of days. I'm going to give a bit of 10nl a go as well as 2p-4p. I'll just be 1 tabling cash, and prob playing a few hus games at the same time to keep me focussed. Times i've player at 10nl before, it's not been that much different, maybe a few more bluffs/ slightly tighter. I'll see you at a table soon:D
    Posted by LARSON7

Cheers. NL10- does play slightly differently players will mix it up a little. Some players sit there tighter than well i wont go there. Others can be super aggro. Id say there is fewer fish but thats not a problem. 

I'd be happpy to share a table with you for a while. Not sure when ill be playing tho. 
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Another update

So i finally managed to get a full 1 hour session - hooray. I also havent ben sleping well of late this is the issue. Im in some totally horrid sleeping routine, Ive stayed awake today to try get some normalty. Rangers title party has helped. 

Lol at the BBC, again managing to get banned from Ibrox for not being fair or truthful apparently. Im not sure what i believe but considering the ban from this current Rangers board i have no reason to dispute it. However i expect the club to be fined for the issue. 

As for next season i cant wait to see Cammy Bell in a Rangers shirt, really rated him as a keeper for years. I literally commented 2 years ago tipping him as the ideal replacement for Alan McGregor, although since the recent changes i never thought id see it. 

I also hope to see some more signings, Goian and Bocanegra return. Really hope we keep Carlos. Id like to see us continue to develop youth players too. 

Anyways off football. I played a small session as mentioned. I played for just over an hour. Lost some won some, some very crazy hands. 

Bankroll: £288.53