You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Every Don has its day

Comments

• Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,755
    edited May 2013
    Positives in life and in poker

Firstyly thanks Geldy for responce. 

Ben cheers. I hear you're going for a 24 hour grind. Just insane if you manage it. 

Anyways so today i returned. In much much better fettle. Id lost 3 bins the other day in a session. Today though was better everything felt better. 

Ill start with life. The weeman has been smiling for the first time recently. Still weird looking at a wee boy and saying hes my son, but jeez its a good feeling. 

Anyways back to pokers. Today i opened account 213 there. MEh. played cash probably won about 1.5 buy ins hard to tell tho. Basically was -£5 in account after regging main event, mini and playing 2 £5 SPT sats, i still had the semi id qualified for to play. 

The mini went bad JJ v AQ early Q on flop. 

The main however started well, the early mid stages where a grind, but it picked up around 50 from the bubble or so, was consistantly in top 5 chip stacks. AA v KK holding then slowing again. I then managed to find a rythum of shoving avoiding problems and winning small pots. Lots of these soon see your stack increase. 

Meanwhile i was Grinding away 1k on the semi. 

Eventually i won more and more small pots in both. Eventually i came 6th in the main for £203 although a friend has 50% of me, so ive withdrawn that to send to him. 

I then chirped up with my first ever main final table managed to find a rythum in the semi. Short stack from around 24 left to 8 left, came 2nd in the end. 6 seats. Ul to both the bubble boys who fell to my AJ and A7 respectivley. 

So for all going see you in Birmingham - ill be the one in the bright orange. 

Bankroll: £312.27

• Options
    edited May 2013
    continued development

So we had the health visitor out yesterday. The weeman is now looking at specific objects, smiling and sticking his tongue out. All showing very good signs of development. 

I also played after that A very strong session. It started with cash, not gonna lie, i ran pretty handy too. A few awkward spots went my way. However i also think i played well too. 

In the end for cash i finnished around 6 buy ins up. Athough lost 2.5 of those playing satellites that didn't go well. 

Bankroll: £345.88

• Options
    _ARAZI__ARAZI_ Member Posts: 549
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day.:
    continued development So we had the health visitor out yesterday. The weeman is now looking at specific objects, smiling and sticking his tongue out. All showing very good signs of development.  I also played after that A very strong session. It started with cash, not gonna lie, i ran pretty handy too. A few awkward spots went my way. However i also think i played well too.  In the end for cash i finnished around 6 buy ins up. Athough lost 2.5 of those playing satellites that didn't go well.  Bankroll: £345.88 Points: 772
    Posted by The_Don90

BR going back in right direction i see mate nice 1

WD on your ft tuesday aswell
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Running bad

So over the last few days ive returned to mtts. Mostly this is due to getting a small staking deal for another site. 

It started rough. I played some of that online championship stuff for this time of year. Busted my first event with KK into 45o. 458 flop they donk shoved for 4x pot. The second one, about 4th hand in i raised with Aces, got re-raised on a T86 flop with 2 hearts, called turn 7h - i have Ah i c/c again, river 5h. They over bet and i found a peel, the held 9h. 

I did recover that, but then busted, QQ v KK v AK. Standard stuff. 

I have also been playing here. Altho that also hasn't gone well. 

I did make a FT today tho. 26 runner £2 bh, came third for a min cash - £9 inc heads. sigh. Ran brutal on FT but what you going to do. 

I played the main and mini, ran brutal in them. Both exits where standard. Although in the main i got ul early recovered slightly, lost a pot, shoved got snapped by A9 and lost meh. Mini staight away - very next hand, i shove KK called by TT, T in the door. 

I also playedthe 6.30 rebuy, ran 99 into KK to crush me, won a flip to get back in it. Then lost a flip - to be fair the way im running winning 1 flip is huge atm. 

I went back to that other site and played a tournament which i cant name without naming it, lets call it the opposite of small, with an $11 buy in. 2nd hand into that i got AA v QQ all in pre. QxAAx run out seen me have Quads. About 5 minutes later for the second time in 2/3 days i got the nut flush, v a straight flush, on a non-paired board. Back down to 1/3rd of starting stack. 

I then got lucky in a spot i misplayed. Basically i 3b QJ, when really if i 3b i should have 3b shoved. But after that i found lots of hands, all which people seemed to shove into me. The first was AA, i 3b a open, 2 callers 255 flop, OR donk shoves 4x pot, i snap, other caller snaps, peeler had KK, OR 77. I held. Then AQ v A5 AIP. Then i had 99, min raise, i peel, small 3b, OR peels, i peel. ATx flop. checks round 9 turn. OR leads, i raise small (2 flush draws where there) 3better folds, OR shoves, i snap, he flips over J5 of diamonds for a turned FD. Which bricked. Later again guy opens, i 3b AA from the SB. BB cold 4b shoves, OR tanks, then re-shoved, i snap. BB KK - OR 44 and me AA obv. Again i hold. 

I then went card dead. Lost a flip, and was crippled. Then losing my live shove. gg me. 

So 

Bankroll: £288.16

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Increase volume

So with this promotion on i thought id try  some new things. 

I had a bad run throo the week, been as low as £210, altho tht was only for a ittle while. However i decided to go back to cash, drop a level and increase volume. 

For the first time ever i 12 tabled. I have done 9 before. However early i found this a mare, auto tile puts it in a circle. I mean really. Eventually i moved them myself around the screen and gained momentum. 

Anyways so far so good, probably wont get an update until Tuesday now depending on how this thing gos.

Bankroll: £262.90 

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Another day another grind

Decided to end my session early today. Mostly down to variance, today was one of those days where nothing really fell for me.

The run bad started when I woke up at 3am. Look at the last diary post to realise how bad that is. Sigh. I tried playing but 6 tables seemed so slow, even then it was short handed on most, and tbh I just wanted to sleep but couldn't.

Eventually I played at 8am after some FIFA - career mode, and a shower. I stopped briefly due to tilt but went back on. Finnished off around 11. That was a good 12 table session. I had lost money though, but mostly due to coolers and beats, standard kinda stuff.

I then played from 12.30 - 2. That followed a nap to 5pm. Decent session this one tbh.

After the nap I came on again. I ended this session early. This was my most profitable session of the day, but I felt like I was paying terrible. In hindsight I think I played really well but was struggling with tiredness and 12 tables not mixing. I decided to watch the Grand Prix qualifying which I'd recorded and then the Champions League final. So gutted Dortmund didn't win, even more disappointed as was really looking forward to seeing Gotze playing on this stage. :( Booo to injuries.

I restarted at 10. Finnishing at 11.30. I ran brutal in this session. Once again all coolers and bad beats. I also folded 3 sets during this session - all of which i'm 100% sure where good folds as the boards ran out sick. Infact I ran so bad at one point, I lost 100BB in one hand, got my reload in, dealt aces very next hand. YEY. Open, guy who stacked me in previous hand (which was AJ v TT on AxTxJ board) peeled. Flop 854 he leads for what is my remaining £3.80 into a 40p pot. I snap, he has 84. sigh.

Anyways, in the end I decided to call it a day, variance when its biting you is sore, over 12 tables I don't tilt as much, but its sorer on the bankroll. Anyways through all that ive some how made a tiny tiny profit.

Ive decided to share some hands.

1) If hes bluffing here then well played, don't think I'm ever ahead.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    The_Don90 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £8.26
    chancjr Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.86
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

garazmafia Fold     
    LARSON7 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.22
    BIGDAVE321 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £6.71
    Giant811 Fold     
    The_Don90 Raise  £0.24 £0.38 £8.02
    chancjr Fold     
    LARSON7 Call  £0.22 £0.60 £3.00
    BIGDAVE321 Fold     
    Flop

• K

The_Don90 Bet  £0.45 £1.05 £7.57
    LARSON7 All-in  £3.00 £4.05 £0.00
    The_Don90 Fold     
    LARSON7 Muck     
    LARSON7 Win  £1.38  £1.38
    LARSON7 Return  £2.55 £0.12 £3.93

2) sick spot, planned on checking back then rivered a third pair, and he does that. Not convinced this is good long term
    GREGHOGG Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.53
    Donttelmum Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.39
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q

dimbojones Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £3.57
    Giant811 Fold     
    The_Don90 Call  £0.20 £0.46 £6.79
    GREGHOGG Fold     
    Donttelmum Fold     
    Flop

• Q

dimbojones Check     
    The_Don90 Bet  £0.35 £0.81 £6.44
    dimbojones Call  £0.35 £1.16 £3.22
    Turn

dimbojones Check     
    The_Don90 Bet  £0.60 £1.76 £5.84
    dimbojones Call  £0.60 £2.36 £2.62
    River

• K

dimbojones All-in  £2.62 £4.98 £0.00
    The_Don90 Call  £2.62 £7.60 £3.22
    dimbojones Show
    • A

The_Don90 Show
    • K
    • Q

The_Don90 Win Two Pairs, Kings and Queens £7.03  £10.25
    3) folding top set sucks, gotta be done.
    craigcu12 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.20
    The_Don90 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £7.67
    ONECHANCE Sit out     
      Your hole cards

b4ggy Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.75
    Donttelmum Call  £0.04 £0.14 £4.90
    craigcu12 Fold     
    The_Don90 Check     
    Flop

The_Don90 Bet  £0.14 £0.28 £7.53
    b4ggy Call  £0.14 £0.42 £1.61
    Donttelmum Call  £0.14 £0.56 £4.76
    Turn

The_Don90 Check     
    b4ggy Check     
    Donttelmum Check     
    River

The_Don90 Check     
    b4ggy Check     
    Donttelmum Bet  £0.20 £0.76 £4.56
    The_Don90 Fold     
    b4ggy Call  £0.20 £0.96 £1.41
    Donttelmum Show
    • J
    • Q

b4ggy Muck
    • K

Donttelmum Win Flush to the Jack £0.88  £5.44

Bankroll: £263.61

• Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited May 2013

with hand 2 I might have been worried myself to call, what he was propably attempting to do was look bluff the third 10 because I see a lot of villain just C/C C/C then go for a jam on the river.  I had two hands today which managed to avoid total loss of stack. nice call.

• Options
    liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited May 2013
    hand 1- i`m never folding what you think he has a set 33/99 or k9 3 hands and I really don`t think he raises that big with these hands looks like weak king or 9x possibly flush draw but imo get it in

hand 2- nh wp

hand 3- yeah easy laydown sucks when board runs out like that when flop top set

also on another thread you mentioned you play fifa you play online or just career mode any young good players to look out for I have a few in mind if you have not already found them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hand 1- i`m never folding what you think he has a set 33/99 or k9 3 hands and I really don`t think he raises that big with these hands looks like weak king or 9x possibly flush draw but imo get it in hand 2- nh wp hand 3- yeah easy laydown sucks when board runs out like that when flop top set also on another thread you mentioned you play fifa you play online or just career mode any young good players to look out for I have a few in mind if you have not already found them.
    Posted by liamboi11
    I do play ultimate team from time to time but i find it brings out the worst in me when i have a bad match so mostly just career mode now. 

If im honest at present playing as Dortmund, I prefer to use the scout system, mainly because when you buy a young player he develops into a talent and get bored of the save its too tempting to buy him on another save. I have this issue with FM alot. 
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Another day, another grind

So again i woke up randomly, this time at least i waited till 5am. 2.5 hours of fifa, a shower and onto a grind, wrapped up at 10.45ish i think. Think i finnished this session +7p

12-1.30 was another session, i wanted to play on till 2 but i wasnt playing well, had a few sucky spots too. In the end the desision to end was the correct one. 

I then also played from 4-5. Much better session this one but a small loss. The plan was to stop for tea and come back on at 6 but there was issues. 

So i returned at 7. During this i had some of the table problems to sort, so i think i was stood by 7.30. I went to bed to de-stress. 

Anyways woke up at 1.30ish. So came on got a good 2 hour grind in, only 10 tables, but suprisingly i found that slow. I had time to talk to friends on skype via typing, and keep music on youtube going. Listened to alot of songs i love and havent heard for a while. 

This final session, i could literally moan the **** out of variance in this, think i got stacked just twice both times with a flopped set, however at the same time i was building some pretty mammoth stacks. Took me a while to get used to a NL5 action table though. Thus although i didnt get stacked there i lost some money before i got going on that. 

Also for those woundering - and i know beaneh has a more insane pic somewhere but for the readers who don't multitable heres a pic of what 12 tables looks like. 

Bankroll: £277.14

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited May 2013
    Hey glad to see you are in profit after so much playing! Very nice indeed.

And the £100 or more than you get isa nice wee bonus.

Dunno how you can fit 12 on ur screen haha, if ive got 6 on mines theres serious overlap
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey glad to see you are in profit after so much playing! Very nice indeed. And the £100 or more than you get isa nice wee bonus. Dunno how you can fit 12 on ur screen haha, if ive got 6 on mines theres serious overlap
    Posted by LARSON7
    what resolution do you use? 

Running insanely bad today, every draw has got there, every time i have AA they hit a set, everytime i flop a set they hit their draw. Every time i have a draw i brick. Every time i get it in with over pair v underpair they get there - 9 times on the river they hit with 2 outs or less ffs. 
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    WHats resolution mate? I dont know tbh
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    WHats resolution mate? I dont know tbh
    Posted by LARSON7
    The amount of pixels your computer shows, the bigger the resuloution the more pixels. The more pixels the more things you can fit on your screen 
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There will be no update today.

-£18 so far and stopping playing

Anyone wounders why can see here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A proper update

So this is a bit late as basically i slept since i should have. S

Today has been like the most tilting day ever, bacially i was tired and stressed before i sat down, so the run bad made it worse. 

Anyways, i did the 1am to 3am session. I think i covered that in my previous post tho. This i wont mention it too much. 

After that i went back to bed, I woke up about 10 done a session for an hour, it was horrible if im honest. Managed to keep the losses to £9. Started another session and went nuts, losing 2.5 buy ins in the first 15 mins, with AA, AA and AQ. The AQ was a mistake i really should have found a fold in that spot. It was as bought as grim a spot as you can get with TPTK at NL4. 

Thats when the above comments where made. Anyways i was calmed down abit and in the end i did do 1 more proper session. It went much better recovering a the second sessions losses. Still feel sick as final 2 hands i ran TPKK into a set of 9's which turned quads and then v the same guy in the last hand i flopped a set of 4's v his flopped straight. That cost me breaking even for the day, but i won't complain. 

As for this weekends grind, how the man Tintin does it i will never know. I know ive had a rough few sessions and I'm going to sound bitter, but i feel i should have won soo much more. £23 in 30 hours doesn't seem worth it without the promotion income. In the long term i think this weekend will be extremely profitable though. I said on Saturday i may do a tintin style challenge and boost for priority at somepoint in the summer - either june or july. But honestly, the way i feel today, i dont think i have the insane amount of disipline required for that. 

Bankroll: £265.12

• Options
    edited May 2013
    A little bit of everything and back to enjoying poker.

I have to admit if i have learned two things this weekend they would be as follows.

1) Rakeback grinding is terribly boring

2) NL4 isnt fun

Thus i was close to being pokered out. Infact i wasn't going to play at all. However i got into a disucssion about having fun, I entered some mtts, first 2 didnt go well early exits. 

Although the 4.45 Speed bounty hunter i slowly started but when i did i came out of the blocks. Eventually i made final table. From an early stage i felt there was only one way this tournament was going, i ended up HU with a player who i have alot of respect for. In the end stack sizes left it close but i won when i needed to. 

The other tournament i really like is the 6.30 rebuy. I had a great rebuy period. £6 spend, (buy in, double stack and addon). Afterwards i could have been mistaken for Julian Thew tho. The stacks get shallow quickly in this and im not scared to get my chips in. I think i flipped from chip leader to shorty and back again 5 or 6 times. In the end i finnished 7th for a decent cash. My exit was a beat, but KK v AQ with those stacks is 100% standard. 

2 pretty strong cashes. I also played the main and mini, 1 head in the mini thus i got £1.88 back. My exit was standard again. nfact so standard i couldn't tell you what it was. 

The main was slow i did double early. 64 in the BB v a limped A4 on a 325xx board. I slowed till about 2.5k again, raise folded a few times. Barron spells come in all tournaments and how we get through them is key. I still had chips and when things went right i shot up to 12k. However i got moved table, blinds went up, the blinds have 11BB effective. Thus i shoved A8s SB snapped with AQ although i hit i didnt stay ahead and the best hand won. This left me with 4BB which went in and was lost. 

I played some cash. One interesting hand, but overall i broke even. 

Also the money for Big Deal arrived 

Bankroll: £441.89

• Options
    edited May 2013

Quite a jump in bank roll, nice 1

• Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,058
    edited May 2013
    Well done on the grind Don, you going to be playing 20nl again now?
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited May 2013
    I may have missed it, do you have a final result from the cash promo?

Like you you £100 from the promo, do you know how much up or down you were cash wise over the weekend?