You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Every Don has its day

Comments

• Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day:
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day : I don't get this at all, surely you just sell a larger % than you would have done previously?
    Posted by MattBates
    There is that and that would defo be an option. The issue is selling - I've previously just sold for a few games, and often its very late in the day before i decide. 

I'll admit i felt rather embarrassed offering someone 50% of a couple $4 mtts yesterday just to play them. 

Ideally i'd have to do a "bankroll package" which I'm not always sure is very appealing to investors, expessially at the kinds of stakes im playing where theres not a huge amount up top like the guys who normally sell these kind of packages have. 

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited January 2015
    I was messing around on pocket 5s today Donald and came accross this write up. 

"The finale of the 888 Poker Knockout Frenzy event featured a heads-up battle between The_Don90and nercin. When the final cards were dealt, The_Don90 earned $13.09 for the win, while nercin settled for a consolation prize of $21."

:D<3

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Life

Sorry for no real update in a while, started to find the diary as a needless distraction. And mixed with some extreme tilt and the above result beind almost my best result in a ages i just had to leave poker for a while.

Christmas left money pretty tight and basically what was left of my poker roll, had to get invested into my life roll. This left my poker roll @ literally 0.00. 

Thankfully i have some nice friends who have offered to help me out for a while for a return of my profits. Which so far has gone ok. 

The real reason for this post however is life. Life is hit and miss atm. Wont go into too much detial about it all, However I decided to force some progress. I visited a careers advisor and have approched a college for information, I've also approached a uni for more long term qualifications and had a responce although need to await reply from the college before i reply. Expecting that reply any day now or I'll phone up and hurry it up in a polite manner. 

I also started going back to the live poker league i used to run. Its down to just one venue now, and the core lads are still there with a few new faces. Its been nice going back and results have been good there. Not outstanding but pretty good. 

All in all its progress that should hopefully have me knocking in the right direction in the long term. And that is whats probably for the best

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Education

So today has been a productive day. While the stake mentioned above from a friend was meant to be a short term solution we had a discussion today and agree its mutually beneficial to carry on at the present time. 

For me im dirt broke, and for him ive sent £50 in the last 2/3 weeks. 

Anyways the real update of this thread was much more positive than even that. Yesterday I finally got my college application in, around about 6pm at night. So just after closing hours. 9.12am today i got a phone call offering me an interview on Thursday. I accepted, although they since phoned back asking to change it to next Thursday which again i accepted. 

I feel this is an important step in the right direction :) 
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,478
    edited February 2015
    Education So today has been a productive day. While the stake mentioned above from a friend was meant to be a short term solution we had a discussion today and agree its mutually beneficial to carry on at the present time.  For me im dirt broke, and for him ive sent £50 in the last 2/3 weeks.  Anyways the real update of this thread was much more positive than even that. Yesterday I finally got my college application in, around about 6pm at night. So just after closing hours. 9.12am today i got a phone call offering me an interview on Thursday. I accepted, although they since phoned back asking to change it to next Thursday which again i accepted.  I feel this is an important step in the right direction :) 
    Posted by The_Don90

That is GREAT news Don, exactly what you need to kickstart things. 

VBOL.
  • Options
    mrsduckmrsduck Member Posts: 1,901
    edited February 2015
    Education So today has been a productive day. While the stake mentioned above from a friend was meant to be a short term solution we had a discussion today and agree its mutually beneficial to carry on at the present time.  For me im dirt broke, and for him ive sent £50 in the last 2/3 weeks.  Anyways the real update of this thread was much more positive than even that. Yesterday I finally got my college application in, around about 6pm at night. So just after closing hours. 9.12am today i got a phone call offering me an interview on Thursday. I accepted, although they since phoned back asking to change it to next Thursday which again i accepted.  I feel this is an important step in the right direction :) 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Well done Don, great news :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you :) 
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    edited February 2015
    Another GL Don.  Always enjoy your diary, (even tho at first glance it always reminds me of poetry! ) Hope the interview goes well,  I assume it's Borders coll?  Let us know how you get on....
    p
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ty - Its at Newbattle Abbey in Dalkieth - just a bit up the road, and they had a course that just looked perfect. They also from what i can see anyways, specialize in adult learning for people with little to no qualifications
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    edited February 2015

Best of luck with it Don. 
  • Options
    aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited February 2015

excellent decision making mr c

• Options
    edited February 2015
    ty guys :) 

• Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited February 2015
    Not wishing you luck because you don't need it
    you'll knock them dead with your focus and enthusiasm
    gwan the don

• Options
    edited February 2015
    ty geldy :) 
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    More Education

I left yesterdays interview not very confident I'd done very well. I thought id have at least one referance by the time I'd got to the interview but the person i had in mind who i thought would say yes, had been unreachable. Given I'd put id have one upon interview i felt that would be a negitive point right out of the bat. My request to also do the course non-residential i also felt was a negitive. 

That with struggling to answer a couple of questions such as "whats it like living with Aspergers Syndrome"  - a quesiton which i honestly said, i have literally no idea how to answer, because to me its normal. 

However today i recieved a phone call offering me a conditional place on the course. The condition is to get a couple of referances. I will be working towards this end continuous until i can meet this requirement. 
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    edited February 2015
    VWP Don.  Keep us posted.
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited February 2015
    glgl
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ty both will do :) 

Think i might have referances covered now, spoke to a couple of people and they rekon they can do it, just waiting on them confirming. 
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Woop Woop

Finally managed to get my second referance and sent it off today. Hopefully that will transform my conditional into an unconditional offer. Been a mare getting the referances but given my circumstances one i kind of expected. 

In related news had made enough profit now to send back my backers intial stake figure which means I'm now 100% solo again. He wasn't fussed for mtts so with UKOPS and Micromillions just around the corner its pretty good timing to get solo. Thats allowed me to quickly put a package for MicroMillions then ill look at UKOPS although i expect not to be putting a package for that together for that due to it more than likely being out of my budget. 

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,148
    edited March 2015
    Ty - Its at Newbattle Abbey in Dalkieth - just a bit up the road, and they had a course that just looked perfect. They also from what i can see anyways, specialize in adult learning for people with little to no qualifications
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hi Don,

Good luck with this, I live just along the road in Bonnyrigg, heard lots of good things about Newbattle College, I wish you all the best.

Neil