You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Every Don has its day

Comments

• Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited February 2013
    Day 9

Another pretty tough day. Not one i could really do much about either. 

I played alot. A proper grind. MTT variance got the better of me. Lots of lost flips at vital times, a couple of standard get it in spots went against me. 

However thanks to binking to ME semi sats (taking the cash for both) and a 5th place + heads in a £5 bounty hunter did managed to restrict the losses. 

Bankroll: £298.03

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Day 10 Part One

So after a rough few days, i needed pick up some momentum. I registered for the 9.45, 10.45 and 11.30 bounty hunters, with the 11.15 £1 rebuy. 

Not a huge early schedule, but mostly just looking to "stop the rot." 

The 9.45 continued much like yest. The 11.30 started stong. I managed to get to 6k - without getting a head somehow. Then got unlucky, QQ v 99 all in pre, board runs out xT8QJ that then lead to a downward spiral. I misread a board, so i called another all in on a 336 board with 45. I swear it was 236 turns out the opponent had 77 and that misread cost me. 7 on the turn ends the hand on the paired board. Crippled i then shoved 33 into QQ. No miricle turnaround. 

However the 11.15 rebuy went strong. At the addon break i took an addon despite having 10% of the chips in play without a rebuy. I went on strong post break and made the HU. Rather annoyed at how i ran HU but not to worry. 

The_Don9002£13.20

The 10.45 bounty hunter also went well. I took 3 heads in the early stages. I slowed down for a while and was short comming past the bubble. I 3b shoved A2s v a serial button opener. He snapped with AK. I got there. That was the kick start i needed. I played well from that point on, and although a couple of hick-ups none where too damaging. Taking 4/5 heads on Final table was also rather sweet. 

The_Don901840001£39.33 + £24.57 Head Prizes8£7.25

Closing Balance: £362.54

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Day 10 Part 2 

A mixed night, some beers and a couple of final tables. 

I cant even remember what i all played. I got unlucky in the Velocity. Also got unlucky in a standard guarentee although vbefore that i did get lucky. So no cash v a decent cash i guess i cant complain at getting unlucky. 

I then final table the velocity although i cant remember the exit in that, 

Then came the final table of the £200 Guarenteed for 9.05. 

A very interesting yo-yo style HU but in the end in managed to prevail. A great HU v the opponent, who i must admit did play to alot of my weakness's, meaning i had to adapt. 

The_Don901240001£93

Bankroll: £441.39

• Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    edited February 2013
    Nice cash Don, i like the unique style and content of your diary, will be keeping an eye on this thread. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,428
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day.:
    Day 10 Part 2  A mixed night, some beers and a couple of final tables.  I cant even remember what i all played. I got unlucky in the Velocity. Also got unlucky in a standard guarentee although vbefore that i did get lucky. So no cash v a decent cash i guess i cant complain at getting unlucky.  I then final table the velocity although i cant remember the exit in that,  Then came the final table of the £200 Guarenteed for 9.05.  A very interesting yo-yo style HU but in the end in managed to prevail. A great HU v the opponent, who i must admit did play to alot of my weakness's, meaning i had to adapt.  The_Don90 124000 1 £93 Bankroll: £441.39 Points: 1465
    Posted by The_Don90
    Seems like your finding your poker mojo don, wp, dont disregard the 6:30pm, you saw my stats and i am most definitely not a mtt player. 
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Benc, slightly different from my old ones which just got flooded with hands. :) 

Cheers Gooner. Yeah came close in the 9.45 speed rebuy too was a flip in that one. So 2 more deep runs without a cash there, getting to the right end of mtts all too often. :) 
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Day 11 Part 1

Sunday the 24th, as many will remember i qualified for the roller a few weeks back. I took the cash. We today was desision day. I looked at my BR and honest 1/4 of it on one tourny, seemed abit crazy. So i said to myself, if i win another seat I shall play. 

So i reg'd up for a few sats, mostly directs and one to the semi. I also reg'd for some bounty hunters (about £20 worth). I took 1 head over the 4 bhs as my only cash. 

However i did also make the roller semi on first attempt. Getting lucky in one spot to avoid the stone bubble, shoving Q8 in the SB into AJs in the BB. So we already have that to look forward to. 

The £6 sats wheren't going well. Busted several only playing a couple of hands. In good or in bad i just couldn't win. 

However Variance i a wounderful thing, sometimes. In one sat i made final table with 2.5x starting stack. Nothing for 3rd. 2 seats. Shortstack by 2:1. Couldn't get an early spot. the field is pulling away. Find a spot, called, behind. Get there. phew. 4 left 2 get it in, big stack has A6 shorter stack has TT. A on flop. Yes 3 left. At this point i was 4 tabling, 1 bounty hunter, and 3 of these. Suddenly everything got switched off, All other tables onto mini. I needed no distractions, i was a huge shorty. 

Again i shoved, bravley with Q3s into the chip leader. He was a runaway chip leader so was hoping he didnt want to get involved too much and me and the other guy would fight it out. call. My language before the cards turned was along the lines of some brown stuff. A5. 5 on flop, 1 of my suit. Not looking good, turn heart, river heart. Wiiii. 

SB was opening alot on my BB. Eventually i made a stand, i shoved K8o snap call - again my langauge was talking about that brown stuff. AQ. Live at least, i cant do it again surely. K on the river.

Then the other 2 got it all in. Chip leader won. I had my seat. 

I've now guarenteed a seat, as i have to play it now. I also have made a profit before a hand is played. -£70 is my buy in fee :D. And i could yet still get through the semi. 

Bankroll: £387.42

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited February 2013
    really good read
    Congrats on giving up the smoking, wish i could
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited February 2013
    Should of took money again imo

Good luck though!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Should of took money again imo Good luck though!
    Posted by NColley
    still got the semi so will obviously get the money for getting through that lol :P 
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Day 11 Part 2

I never really got going in the roller. I started well getting up to around 12000. Think overall in the tournament in 2 and a half hours i had 2 showdowns. 

The mini started well, only for me to get floated by AT when i had AQ. Turn comes a T no money goes in, then the only river i put money in on that doesnt re-get me there - the ace. left me crippled in that. I did manage to recover before the same oppo hit 2 pair with A6 v me. Then i shove K9o called by 55. K on flop 5 on the river. 

The main, an hour of weird spots, i was consistanly playing well in position with my marginals. Never really had a major hand bar jacks. That was V AK in level 2 so again was a small pot. In the end and 2 table moves later i exited another mtt shoving with overs, called by a pair. This time i didnt hit, but the 8 in the door made hitting worthless. 

Bankroll: £378.92

• Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,238
    edited February 2013
    Just read 1st OP - Thats not a post - thats a blog -  WD on the smoking and taking down the £5.75 BH . I won it the other week and it doesn,t half give you confidence . Like you - one of my main goals is just to FT a ME or win one so will hoping to try more sats as i hardly ever play them so prob see you there but GL with the diary and congrats with your other news

how long do you plan on doing the diary or no set target? gr8 start btw

Paul
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    edited February 2013

how long do you plan on doing the diary or no set target? 

Until he has a couple of bad days and goes off on a massive tilt explosion and does his BR in......normally! HOWEVER, I think this time he has matured a little bit with other more important life stuff coming up rather than this stupid game of poker to worry about, and will see this diary through.

I have been reading this Donald. Some posts maybe slightly long though.
    I hope you keep going, but don't let it take you away from life stuff hey!

Best of luck mate,

Alan 
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Dont worry mate not letting it take me away from life stuff. Taking mel to the footie at the weekend, and arranging her to have a girly night in with some mates while i have a night out in a few weeks. Doesnt balance but allows her to have some mate time. 

Bought a high chair today and getting new carpets delivered on wednessday. Pretty sick deal on that, carpets for both ours and babies room £200 inc delivery. Works out at £3 per square meter. Really good quality carpets too. End of the line ftw. 

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Small Update

Took a back seat from Poker last few days, so i havent played alot. 3 games per day i think.

Anyways this has allowed me to focus on life stuff. Finally arranged our transport to the game on Saturday. Also helping Mel around the house - something i don't do often. 

Bankroll: £387.76

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    edited February 2013

Glad to see you back.
     Think we may of both seen the light and will both enjoy poker for what it is, some light entertainment.

Run Good.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    End of Feb review

Played a bit today. 3 sats for the main, made the semi lost. played the freeroll too lost with KK v TT. Standard. 

I moved onto cash. Playing mastercash tables 1, 2, 3 & 4. It was all going well and i was looking forward to posting the first profitable cash session since starting the month. 

However i got coolered twice v same oppo with JJ v QQ on MC1 not much you can do 50BB the first time round so gotta get it in. Second time around he peeled my 3b then shoved 8 high flop. That put pay to the profit. 

I then got very unlucky. Rancid opens, a guy peels, i 3b from SB. Arazi 4b's from BB. Horrid spot for Kings, but gotta get it in i think, so i do. He snaps with AK. Ace of spades first card down. :( Nothing i can do about that. A lapse of concentration after that resulted in me overplaying TPGK.

I can't post a winning cash session. Although i did have one earlier in the month. 

As for the month as a whole. Delighted, nothing more to say on it. 

Bankroll: £360.13

• Options
    _ARAZI__ARAZI_ Member Posts: 549
    edited February 2013
    End of Feb review Played a bit today. 3 sats for the main, made the semi lost. played the freeroll too lost with KK v TT. Standard.  I moved onto cash. Playing mastercash tables 1, 2, 3 & 4. It was all going well and i was looking forward to posting the first profitable cash session since starting the month.  However i got coolered twice v same oppo with JJ v QQ on MC1 not much you can do 50BB the first time round so gotta get it in. Second time around he peeled my 3b then shoved 8 high flop. That put pay to the profit.  I then got very unlucky. Rancid opens, a guy peels, i 3b from SB. Arazi 4b's from BB. Horrid spot for Kings, but gotta get it in i think, so i do. He snaps with AK. Ace of spades first card down. :( Nothing i can do about that. A lapse of concentration after that resulted in me overplaying TPGK. I can't post a winning cash session. Although i did have one earlier in the month.  As for the month as a whole. Delighted, nothing more to say on it.  Bankroll: £360.13 Points: 1738
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hi don mate.

Imo you played very well on all of my cash tables and you really should play alot more cash cos i would be amazed if the winning sessions didnt come thick and fast.

The hand v me i knew i was in bad shape when you shoved but i had to call your shove because of the amount i had put in and i think it was only about £12 extra to call but still unlucky for you mate sorry.

The only hand you played bad was the kj hand because v that oppo your NEVER good there even if you had been sitting with a overpair but like you say that was more down to tilting than anything else.

Best of luck.

Daz.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day. : Hi don mate. Imo you played very well on all of my cash tables and you really should play alot more cash cos i would be amazed if the winning sessions didnt come thick and fast. The hand v me i knew i was in bad shape when you shoved but i had to call your shove because of the amount i had put in and i think it was only about £12 extra to call but still unlucky for you mate sorry. The only hand you played bad was the kj hand because v that oppo your NEVER good there even if you had been sitting with a overpair but like you say that was more down to tilting than anything else. Best of luck. Daz.
    Posted by _ARAZI_

Thanks Arazi. Really enjoy watching you play. Thanks for the positive comments. To be fair id rather lose a BIN to a very strong opponent. I knew you had to call when i shoved so kinda worked out the way i wanted, then the board came down lol. :) 

And the KJ yeah i admit i was abit tilty on that hand, needed a few mins to re-compose and just went cookoo lol. 
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    March - Day 1 

I can finally post a profitable cash session. Although it wont show on my BR, i played a bh the other night and the orfordable last night. Neither went well. However this cash session i finnished £1 up. 

Could have been more, 1 very interesting hand i will post below. And i made a mistake in a spot or 2. One mistake was me getting stubborn, the other i made an error with sizing. 

However positives. 

Bankroll: £354.65

I did try to post hand but its gone wrong wont post :(