You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DYMyna

MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
Hello.

Most (<£10) MTT players amongst you will have no doubt seen me at the Sky tables over the past few years during the early stages of tournaments. Most forum regulars who don't play MTT's will still probably be aware of my existence - I pop up from time to time in various people's threads/diaries spamming emoji's, misusing punctuation and often making grammatical errors (which, in my opinion, is a shocking indictment of the Grammar School education system - Boston Grammar School to be precise which, as you may or may not know, is DYM beast TimmyRaRa's neck of the woods... this was supposed to be an interesting aside) Anyway, having suffered a dismal mini UKOPS hot on the heels of a miserable Podium Series I could happily not so much as look at another MTT lobby for at least two weeks... funnily enough the DYM Streak Week starts tonight and lasts a fortnight, fated?...

Join me (if you like) as I see what fate (or luck or judgment or all or none of these things) has in store for a complete DYM n00b during DYM Streak Week*. I will chart my <i class="Italic">progress throughout the week(s) as I attempt to secure more binks than bricks and hopefully string some together (binks not bricks). I may also share some hands/look at some 'spots' as well but as yet undecided on that.

Bye for now and gl to my fellow DYM n00bs taking a shot during this promo, see you at the tables... :#

*This is not binding. I reserve the right to withdraw from this undertaking at any time and for any excuse I come up with

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,400
    Good luck , looking forward you some of your posting interesting spots.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    It will be interesting to see what kind of score is required to get onto the leaderboard.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    :)

Thanks mumsie.

Yes it will. Are you having a go at the promo yourself PKR?
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

:)

Thanks mumsie.

Yes it will. Are you having a go at the promo yourself PKR?

Yeah. 2 for 2 at £5.50 level so far. I reckon I need 10 at least to get on leaderboard?
  • Options
    I think @Tikay10 mentions 10 being a reasonable shout for leaderboard. Some players were talking about having lifetime best streaks of 17/18/19 so I'm not sure but I'm guessing those sorts of numbers could also be possible over a 7 day period especially with all the increased traffic and increased volume people will be able to put in(?)

Well this has been an educational first night for me - I had assumed that you would be able to find loads of spots with ridiculous amounts of fold equity... not the case :D or maybe I've just been looking in the wrong places :/ I should also have said a few prayers to RNGesus before I got started. If the definition of streak is two or more consecutive wins then I am absolutely streakless after night one. Hope others among you have fared better.
    Back again tomorrow to turn those bricks into binks (RNGesus please. Amen)
  • Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    Best I've heard so far is 15 @ 5.50 level - you can probably guess who (he gets a mention in opening post)
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Gl Myna, interesting bubble spots would be good for sure
  • Options
    Q. What happens if you load up 2 tables, one after another. Then bust out of the second table before the first table is completed.

If I win table 1, is that added to streak or started again as win 1?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,400
    edited November 2018
    PKRPar said:

Q. What happens if you load up 2 tables, one after another. Then bust out of the second table before the first table is completed.

Thats a great question , it hurts me head trying to work it out.

In the T& C.....

6. The time the first hand is dealt on the DYM will be used to determine the order of results.

Which makes sense , but hurts my head even more.
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    In for this! Glgl buddy
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,170
    Type your comment
    PKRPar said:

I would say that in those circumstances, the streak has ended.

Table 1 would be the start of the attempted streak, so if you go bust on table 2 whilst still in Table 1, the streak is over.

I'll check with the office in the morning though, my reply is not "official", it just seems logical to me.

• Options
    Yeah it happened to me as loaded a normal dym then a turbo. Bust the turbo but win the normal.

Reading rule 6 though I’d read that as table 1 would be my “third game” and table 2 my “fourth” game so the streak would be 3, despite losing the “fourth” game first.

(Win the first two)

Good fun promo though.
  • Options
    Ps. iPad determined to change the word won to win lol
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,170
    PKRPar said:

Yeah it happened to me as loaded a normal dym then a turbo. Bust the turbo but win the normal.

Reading rule 6 though I’d read that as table 1 would be my “third game” and table 2 my “fourth” game so the streak would be 3, despite losing the “fourth” game first.

(Won the first two)

Good fun promo though.

Yes, that seems correct to me.

• Options
    KerrnalKerrnal Member Posts: 132
    GL all, I will be grinding the 2.20s
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Been hoping for a MF diary for some time now - glgl, will probably see you out on the tables somewhere.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Best of luck bud. I'll be following with interest.

Are you trying different stake levels or just starting out on the bottom rung of the ladder?
  • Options
    Hi guys. Thank you for popping in, saying hi and wishing me well. I had been worried that this would fall flat on its face and nobody would be in the slightest bit interested but after last nights ordeal I was kind of hoping that was going to be the case :D

Seriously though guys, last night was so bad that a whole week (or two) of the same has real potential to cause lasting emotional damage... or it might just be a little bit embarrassing... ah, whatever, who cares, I've started so I'll finish.

So, in the interests of full disclosure and honesty (what's the point otherwise, right?) last nights results were as follows (with 'x' representing 'bricks' or losses/failures and 'o' representing 'binks' or not losing/not failing)… god it's so grim... I did say I was a DYM n00b so please don't flame me :#

£1.10: xxx
    £2.20: xox
    £3.30: xxx

Puke.

So the fishy n00b plan was to fire three rounds of three DYM's (one at each of the above stake levels per round (so max of three tables on screen) and, in so doing, hopefully generate a 'streak' from at least one of the stakes and then concentrate on that stake(s) (increasing the table count of successful stakes by replacing the unsuccessful ones) until they were no longer streaks and then starting again... it didn't really pan out after three rounds so I opted for an early night instead :D

As I write this I am aware of an increasing amount of clock watching and slow typing as I subconsciously will the hours away until the Scotland game... it's not really worth starting a session now right? :)

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    Good luck with this. I like the idea you mentioned above of how to go about it. I'm sure some heat is just round the corner.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    edited November 2018
    “xxx xox xxx”
    Sounds like one of @Angmar2626 ‘s texts to @Duesenberg