You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DYMyna

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    Ahh, I missed that, I did wonder streak spirit looked a tad like street spirit.

https://youtu.be/LCJblaUkkfc
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    Classic DYM spot :D

Been playing these for a week and a half now and seen a tonne of these spots - sometimes the decision is obvious, sometimes less so. Pretty sure this one's an easy fold though right?? :D
  • Options
    Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,340
    defo right seems easy when looking at it but at the time i never know what im going to click lol

in this case id opt to fold as short is possible to lose 600 in next 2 hands.

im absolute **** at %'s and odds and mainly go off HOPE.

could go for the steal as would be nice wee boost to your stack but id say most of the time your only getting called by better. id fold and hope short goes in next 2 hands.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 865
    :O I'm snapping that in no?? you have insane fold equity and that extra 600 chips surely increases your chances of cashing a fair whack? DYM crushers please help, I'm giving up DYM's for good if that's an easy fold :)
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,112
    A lot depends on how good the blinds are. Strangely, more likely to shove if Blinds are good players, rather than poor....

Well done on your £2.20 streak. Only a very good or very lucky player will beat that :)
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 865
    Echo @Essexphil ...2 players knowing they should be calling insanely tight there is better than having 2 fish in the blinds
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320
    Essexphil said:

A lot depends on how good the blinds are. Strangely, more likely to shove if Blinds are good players, rather than poor....

Well done on your £2.20 streak. Only a very good or very lucky player will beat that :)

:)

And yes, if the blinds are competent, think I'm shoving here.
  • Options
    #Stillan00b :D
  • Options
    I thought it was a trick question where MTT regs say lol shove and DYM regs say *nerd voice* well, actually, we should pass here because x, y and z :)
  • Options
    Congratulations to you more like @Essexphil - absolutely bossing these things, gg.
  • Options
    (x, y and z being that we are technically chip leader. Can even afford to fold an orbit maybe two. A clash has to be imminent (like immediately imminent) and even if hands fold through or go raise-fold we will struggle to find ourselves at immediate risk before at least one of the other players)
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

Congratulations to you more like @Essexphil - absolutely bossing these things, gg.

It does take a while to adapt from MTT play. It has taken me quite a while to be better than break-even at these. I'm still not as good as I should be, and GrumpyJac always reminds me how bad I am.

I remember chatting with MattBates at an SPT. He was mentioning how he loved being on my table in qualifiers, as he could exploit my "correct" ICM play all day. Realising that has certainly helped my DYM play.

It is fun exploiting some very good MTT players in these....
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

MynaFrett said:

It does take a while to adapt from MTT play. It has taken me quite a while to be better than break-even at these. I'm still not as good as I should be, and GrumpyJac always reminds me how bad I am.

I remember chatting with MattBates at an SPT. He was mentioning how he loved being on my table in qualifiers, as he could exploit my "correct" ICM play all day. Realising that has certainly helped my DYM play.

Good stuff Phil - can you elaborate on this a little?... or will that give be giving away too much info? :)
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

Essexphil said:

MynaFrett said:

Good stuff Phil - can you elaborate on this a little?... or will that give be giving away too much info? :)
    Sure.

People start by thinking what is the correct play with their cards. When they get better, they start putting people on ranges, and then start exploiting players based on that.

However, at least as important is knowing what other people behind you should be doing (and whether they know this), particularly in qualifiers and DYMs.

It is common for people to say "they are only calling with better" in the example you gave earlier. But that is not true if people are playing optimally. A3-A10 (poss more), KQ, 22-77 (or more) should all be folding against your shove. In other words, more than half of the "better" hands should fold (even more for the SB).

Play when there are 4 left is VERY player-dependant. As an example, my streak last week ended when someone called my 6BB shove with...9 6 off, when we were 2nd and 3rd with 4 left. My AK didn't look so clever after the flop.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    ^^^

Absolutely Phil - I understand all that - (or would like to think that I do) was just wondering if Matt had reads/exploits tailored for you specifically in these spots (rather than just baseline ICM exploits)... and what they were/are... ;)

The thing about the above spot that had me a little confused was that future game scenario should dictate that we mostly still cash from this position when we fold here (which we did in the very next hand I believe - not being results oriented at all). I thought from a risk/reward standpoint we potentially punt when they make the incorrect ICM calls.
  • Options
    Wednesday 28th

End of session:

£1.10: ooxxoooxoxoooxoxxox
    £2.20: oxoxooooxxooox

£1.10 - Played:19 Binks:11 Bricks:8 Bink%:57.89 (no streak improvement)
    £2.20 - Played:14 Binks: 9 Bricks:5 Bink%:64.28 (no streak improvement)

Enjoyable (and profitable :o ) session but unfortunately no improvements on the streaks :/

Felt the most comfortable I've felt at these DYM tables (apart from in the spot with the KJs maybe :D ) since I started playing last week - partly riding the wave of confidence generated by last night's streak and I guess simply having more experience in the format can only be helping rather than hindering as well (assuming I'm making more correct adjustments than incorrect ones over all of course).

Although I have enjoyed this last week and a bit, I'm still unsure as to whether I am enjoying DYM's to the extent where I would be interested in pursuing them post Streak Week - I do love a league table (with all the added incentives/motivation/intrigue/excitement they bring) and blame the absence of one for my recent poor showings in Mini UKOPS ;) Without a league-table-type-challenge-thing I really don't know how motivated I would be to play these regularly... having said that I think my interest in poker in general has passed its peak anyway and if Sky Poker (as we know it) is not long for this world it may be a timely nudge in the direction of other (perhaps less trivial) pursuits...

See you tomorrow evening.
  • Options
    Very late starting again tonight - so much for getting in 50+ games a night, not sure where I plucked that figure from anyway :D

Not sure whether to just play £1.10 to get max volume in at that stake and try to get a streak for the leader-board or continue to plug away at 1.10 and 2.20 and then not be able to get very much volume in for either given tonight's late start... :/

What do you fine folks suggest(?) and how are any of you getting on tonight in the DYM streaks streets?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320

£1.10 or £2.20?

If only Sky Poker had anonymous tables, where the streaks have no name.
  • Options
    ^^^

I like it Tikay but it doesn't really help me with my conundrum :D