You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Petition.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,935
    mumsie said:

A few things before we hammer the last nail in this petition.

1. The woman who started it lives in Cyprus.

Lives in Huddersfield, but visiting Cyprus

3. The petition starter had previously made murder comments about brexit voters.

Has received much abuse, and a number of death threats

5. Large batches of the petition signers were from remain strongholds.

What are remain strongholds?

7. Petitioners included 'Queen Elizabeth' , 'Idi Amin' and 'Nigel Farage'.

Leave voters?
    Nigel Farage is, not sure about the other 2.
    Perhaps Nigel changed his mind on his march that he didn't go on.

Here is the source with the complaints letter.

https://www.brugesgroup.com/blog/not-fit-for-purpose-cheating-remainers-undermine-uk-petitions-website.

You seem so short of facts it is embarrassing.

Yorkshire woman who started Revoke Article 50 petition 'receiving death threats'

A woman whose petition to revoke Article 50 and stay in the EU gained more than four million signatures in just days says she’s since received three death threats over the phone, as well as a “torrent of abuse on Facebook”. Margaret Georgiadou, who is thought to be from Huddersfield, set up the petition in February. Today she said she would also be closing her Facebook account due to the barrage of messages. “In the past 10 hours have had three death threats over the phone,” she wrote on Twitter.

“My Facebook account has been hacked and had a torrent of abuse on Facebook. Am closing my Facebook account.“I am currently visiting Cyprus and last night I had three telephoned death threats. Who wants Brexit so much that they are prepared to kill for it?”The former lecturer’s petition, which calls on the Government to revoke Article 50 in order to stay in the EU, was so overwhelmed with signatures it crashed the Parliament.uk website.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/crime/yorkshire-woman-who-started-revoke-article-50-petition-receiving-death-threats-1-9668373
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Easy to say you've been hacked to gloss over an indiscretion eh ?
    edited March 2019

Whats wrong with threatening to shoot the Prime Minister?

All of the ERG want to do that.
    HAYSIE said:

They don't publicly tweet it though !
    And as far as her being scared and threatened , well , sorry but we only have her word for that. Are the police investigating ? Obviously if people threaten your life , you would automatically notify them eh ? Haven't seen any reference to an ongoing police investigation .

HAYSIE said:

And as far as her being scared and threatened , well , sorry but we only have her word for that. Are the police investigating ? Obviously if people threaten your life , you would automatically notify them eh ? Haven't seen any reference to an ongoing police investigation .

If I was recruiting a hit man, I wouldn't necessarily be looking amongst scared, 77 year old retired lecturers. Unlikely to have the skill set.

On the investigation of death threats you will have to check with Cyprus police.

The woman who started the Revoke Article 50 petition says she has had three death threats over the phone and received “torrents of abuse” on social media.
    Margaret Georgiadou, 77, started the anti-Brexit petition in February, but has now been left scared after being threatened.

Her petition reached 4.4 million signatures on Saturday as “one million people” marched on central London in support of a People’s Vote.

The retired lecturer tweeted: “In the past 10 hours have had three death threats over the phone, my FB account has been hacked and had a torrent of abuse on Facebook. Am closing my FB account.

“Who wants Brexit so much that they are prepared to kill for it?”
    She said she was unable to attend the People’s Vote march on Saturday as she was in Cyprus but wished attendees well.
    Staggering footage shows huge crowds making their way through the capital as demonstrators taking part in the Put it to the People march made their way from Hyde Park Corner towards Parliament.

Mrs Georgiadou told the BBC: "I feel terrible, I feel angry with myself because I thought I was tougher than that. But I was scared.
    "I haven't even told my husband because he is very old and he would become hysterical.
    "Democracy is ruled by society for society, not the majority for the majority.

"I want it to prove Brexit is no longer the will of the people. It was three years ago but the government has become infamous for changing their mind - so why can't the people?
    "People should ask themselves, who is it that wants Brexit? It will help Putin, it will help Trump… but will it help us? I doubt it.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/woman-who-started-article-50-petition-receives-death-threats-a4099306.html
    edited March 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

If I was recruiting a hit man, I wouldn't necessarily be looking amongst scared, 77 year old retired lecturers. Unlikely to have the skill set.

On the investigation of death threats you will have to check with Cyprus police.

The woman who started the Revoke Article 50 petition says she has had three death threats over the phone and received “torrents of abuse” on social media.
    Margaret Georgiadou, 77, started the anti-Brexit petition in February, but has now been left scared after being threatened.

Her petition reached 4.4 million signatures on Saturday as “one million people” marched on central London in support of a People’s Vote.

The retired lecturer tweeted: “In the past 10 hours have had three death threats over the phone, my FB account has been hacked and had a torrent of abuse on Facebook. Am closing my FB account.

She said she was unable to attend the People’s Vote march on Saturday as she was in Cyprus but wished attendees well.
    Staggering footage shows huge crowds making their way through the capital as demonstrators taking part in the Put it to the People march made their way from Hyde Park Corner towards Parliament.

Mrs Georgiadou told the BBC: "I feel terrible, I feel angry with myself because I thought I was tougher than that. But I was scared.
    "I haven't even told my husband because he is very old and he would become hysterical.

"I want it to prove Brexit is no longer the will of the people. It was three years ago but the government has become infamous for changing their mind - so why can't the people?
    "People should ask themselves, who is it that wants Brexit? It will help Putin, it will help Trump… but will it help us? I doubt it.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/woman-who-started-article-50-petition-receives-death-threats-a4099306.html
    The bolded part makes absolutely no sense .
    Incidentally , this scared woman is still tweeting away today .

Tweets & replies Media

margaret georgiadou

@madgie1941
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    a metaphorical gun as in 'she is holding a gun to their heads'. The DM quickly dropped the page, and made no further reference to it.

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

The bolded part makes absolutely no sense .
    Incidentally , this scared woman is still tweeting away today .

Tweets & replies Media

margaret georgiadou

@madgie1941
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    a metaphorical gun as in 'she is holding a gun to their heads'. The DM quickly dropped the page, and made no further reference to it.
    I would like to shoot quite a few of them.
    Petition
    Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.
    The government repeatedly claims exiting the EU is 'the will of the people'. We need to put a stop to this claim by proving the strength of public support now, for remaining in the EU. A People's Vote may not happen - so vote now.
    Sign this petition
    6,000,028 signatures

• dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    edited March 2019
    Posting about shooting politicians, metaphorically or otherwise, is in very poor taste and does nothing to help your argument on this subject.

Has the murder of Jo Cox been forgotten so quickly.
    edited March 2019

Posting about shooting politicians, metaphorically or otherwise, is in very poor taste and does nothing to help your argument on this subject.

Has the murder of Jo Cox been forgotten so quickly.

+1
    I managed a store in Batley for over 3 years and the business relocated just before this tragic incident .
    Doubt it will ever be forgotten there and nor should it .
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,334
    I've found someone who wrote a bot to generate signatures.

https://qr.ae/TW1OnF
    mumsie said:

Well done.
    And when you consider . the amount of people who have signed it , versus the number of people of voted remain , and then add into the mix how many of those were bot generated sigs..it really does show there really isn't /wasn't very much support for it .
    It's all a mute point anyway , as it was humoured enough to be given a bit of air time and then cast to one side ...as predicted .
    HAYSIE said:

mumsie said:

Well done.
    Thank you.
    Can this thread be closed now.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030
    mumsie said:

Can this thread be closed now.

We'd need a petition to do that.
    In before the closure.

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,629