You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Brexit

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,547
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

Oh well , if Billy Bragg posted a poll , it must be accurate . :D
    Seriously , where does this nonsense poll originate from ? how many people contributed ? when was it taken ? cross referencing ? ...etc etc
    More remainer nonsense .
    And as an aside , using words that most people have never heard of like " obduracy " doesn't add to the validity of a post in the slightest .

Congratulations, this is the most rude, arrogant, and uncalled for post in my recent memory.

Probably since the last time you did it.

It strikes me as hilarious that you are using the same source for posts you have made on another thread.

To describe a poll as nonsense without knowing the source, is obviously silly.

Are you somehow setting yourself up as some sort of polling expert?

If so maybe you could share your credentials with the rest of us?

How could you describe a poll regarding all the possible Brexit outcomes as Remainer nonsense?

Billy Bragg is a Labour Party member, yet none of the results seem biased towards Labour?

Do you think that criticising the vocabulary used by someone else is at all relevant?

If so why?

I haven't got a clue of who you think you are, but I am certain that your view does not coincide with the view that others have of you.

I don't really wish to know the answers to these questions, and was quite happy at the thought that you had given me you last bit of airtime.

You may wish to bear that in mind.

@HAYSIE

I know you were being rhetorical with your questions but ooops, there I go again, using long words...btw why are you so obdurate, Tony?
    Guilty as charged.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

‘The EU is KILLING Europe’ - Brexit backer launches FIERY attack on Brussels over trade

THE ECONOMIC record of the European Union has come under fierce attack by leading Brexit advocate Douglas Carswell, who argued Brussels is “killing Europe”
    The former MP for Clacton made the argument on Thursday at an event hosted by pro-free market publication 1828. Mr Carswell took particular aim at the Euro currency, which he claimed had produced “nothing but poverty and debt”. He argued Brexit is an opportunity for the UK to push a ‘Heyekian’ policy based on boosting free trade.
    The prominent Brexiteer commented: “For generations the mantra of our ruling elites in every European country, was that European integration was the key to the strength and success and prosperity of Europe.

“Absolute twaddle. Since 2009 the output of China has grown by 139 percent. Of India by 96 percent.

“The output of the Eurozone since 2009 is down minus two percent.”

Mr Carswell was first elected as MP for Clacton in 2005 on a Conservative ticket.

In 2014 he sensationally defected to UKIP, retaining his seat in both a by-election and the subsequent 2015 General Election.

The Brexiteer later quit UKIP and served out his term as an independent.

Mr Carswell argued overregulation from Brussels has strangled economies across Europe.

He asserted: “Look at the EU’s attempt to order Europe by design.

“It’s got a currency created by experts that has created nothing but poverty and debt.

“Since 1992 Europe’s trade has grown much more slowly than the rest of the world

“It creates uniform rules so a 35 hour working week, data rules, the belief that someone in Brussels knows what data can and can’t do in the future.

“It’s killing Europe, it’s killing European innovation. It’s a disaster I would say.”

The UK had been set to depart the EU on March 29.

This has since been delayed twice, to October 31, unless Theresa May’s Brexit deal is approved by Parliament.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1125682/Brexit-news-EU-exit-backer-Brussels-European-regulation-Douglas-Carswell-UKIP-Brexit-Party

Which bits of this do you like, or approve of?
    What about you ?
    I didn't post it.
  • Options

Tory leadership
    Jeremy Hunt was "showing some ankle", according to the Spectator, with his pitch to increase the defence budget at the Lord Mayor's Banquet.
    Commentator Katy Balls, who coined the Austen-esque headline, says the foreign secretary's departure from his own brief to call for more defence spending is a not-so-coy bid for party popularity ahead of the now-inevitable leadership race.
    Government departments, she notes, were not given advance notice of the speech content - a discourtesy that she says risks irking rather than winning over party colleagues.
    According to the Daily Mail, Theresa May is set to come under intense pressure at a Cabinet meeting on Tuesday morning to abandon cross-party Brexit discussions with Jeremy Corbyn.
    Under the headline "Ditch the talks with Labour", it says ministers will urge the prime minister to pull the plug.
    "Talking to Corbyn is killing us with the party in the country" is the quote from one un-named cabinet source. "It's time to put the whole thing out of its misery."
    The Times reports that senior Tories have written to Mrs May warning that her courtship of Labour risks splitting the party.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-48262108
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

Seriously , where does this nonsense poll originate from ? how many people contributed ? when was it taken ? cross referencing ? ...etc etc
    More remainer nonsense .
    And as an aside , using words that most people have never heard of like " obduracy " doesn't add to the validity of a post in the slightest .

On reflection , I think my post was unnecessarily abrupt and appreciate that it could be considered to be rude . So @Tikay10 you have my apologies if you viewed it in this way .

If you went back over your previous posts, we will end up with more half hearted apologies on here, than Brexit Party rally posts.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,293
    HAYSIE said:

More remainer nonsense .

On reflection , I think my post was unnecessarily abrupt and appreciate that it could be considered to be rude . So @Tikay10 you have my apologies if you viewed it in this way .

If you went back over your previous posts, we will end up with more half hearted apologies on here, than Brexit Party rally posts.

I know that's intended in humour Tony, but we declared a truce yesterday & so let's move on.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

More remainer nonsense .

I know that's intended in humour Tony, but we declared a truce yesterday & so let's move on.
    I'd love to move on , but it's relentless.
    Perhaps that truce could also apply to Haysie posting inflammatory /deliberately argumentative stuff on my thread as well . It's quite telling that whilst he was off my thread yesterday some interesting reasoned debating took place ...as soon as he makes an appearance , his intent is to turn it into a childish playground.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,306

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

More remainer nonsense .

Perhaps that truce could also apply to Haysie posting inflammatory /deliberately argumentative stuff on my thread as well . It's quite telling that whilst he was off my thread yesterday some interesting reasoned debating took place ...as soon as he makes an appearance , his intent is to turn it into a childish playground.
    Hey @dobiesdraw ...we may not agree on many things but as one of the people who commented on your post to TK , I recognise and appreciated your reflection and post therefore to use TK’s vernacular, a truce seems an appropriate reset point....

However some of the inflammatory and deliberately argumentative posts-with respect to each each other at all times, and yes I’m guilty as charged at times- are what makes these posts interesting to read ! Healthy debate and disagreement are what makes forum debates worthwhile!

I’m sure TK/Sky monitor and comment appropriately when they perceive boundaries are crossed...
  • Options
    madprof said:

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

More remainer nonsense .

Hey @dobiesdraw ...we may not agree on many things but as one of the people who commented on your post to TK , I recognise and appreciated your reflection and post therefore to use TK’s vernacular, a truce seems an appropriate reset point....

However some of the inflammatory and deliberately argumentative posts-with respect to each each other at all times, and yes I’m guilty as charged at times- are what makes these posts interesting to read ! Healthy debate and disagreement are what makes forum debates worthwhile!

I’m sure TK/Sky monitor and comment appropriately when they perceive boundaries are crossed...
    Fair comments , but the point remains ...without his input on my thread yesterday , it was almost civil .

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,293

I have a theory that you two actually love each other & plan to run away together to a romantic hideaway?

Am I right?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Tikay10 said:

I have a theory that you two actually love each other & plan to run away together to a romantic hideaway?

Am I right?

Busted ! ..But there is a reason for that ...at the bottom of the garden of our little hideaway , there is a loosely covered well . Just need to wait for a solar eclipse .

signed , Kathy Bates :D

fully expects to have to explain that one to anyone that doesn't watch films
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

More remainer nonsense .

Ok
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Am I right?

Probably unlikely.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,112
    Tikay10 said:

Am I right?

Outrageous slur.

Everyone knows @dobiesdraw moved to Yorkshire to be closer to @hhyftrftdr
    Just imagine the little dobiehhys :)
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

Am I right?

Outrageous slur.

Everyone knows @dobiesdraw moved to Yorkshire to be closer to @hhyftrftdr
    Just imagine the little dobiehhys :)
    I feel quite ill
  • Options

madprof said:

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

More remainer nonsense .

Fair comments , but the point remains ...without his input on my thread yesterday , it was almost civil .

I posted on there 26 times yesterday.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    I am partial to an older woman.

But not older women who supports Farage, Brexit and Robinson.

As you were.
  • Options
    Anyone got a Brexit solution then?

I was watching Newsnight last night, and Iain Dale suggested as a last resort Theresa May might bring back the Withdrawal Bill, as a confidence vote, and thereby compel the ERG, and DUP, to vote for it, or collapse the Government and force a General Election.

The clock is ticking.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

I am partial to an older woman.

But not older women who supports Farage, Brexit and Robinson.

As you were.

@hhyftrftdr
    Trust me , I'm eternally grateful to hear that ...but going to have to pick you up on one thing .
    You and other people can look back on the closed TR thread and see that I posted numerous times that I was not a fan of his , that has never changed . My only reason for entering the discussion was to add some much needed balance .
    So let's get the facts straight !