You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,484
    I went to the match yesterday
    It was a good game to watch and a decent atmosphere. I was a little disappointed with the imagination. The best they came up with was “Richard Keogh, he should have walked home”

Davies was tremendous. He played and spoke afterwards like a proper leader.

I played a bit of poker. Lost a little bit but nothing dramatic

I found this hand interesting for what was just a flip

6 left in the tenner SPT sat. 4 gets seats and 5th gets £28.
    Avg stack is around 3/4 bbs (amaze structure 😉)

The short stack on 1.5 bbs is in the bb in 2 hands

Should I shove?
    Should he call!

layer Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    TheDart Small blind 1000.00 1000.00 7617.50
    EBBERDON Big blind 2000.00 3000.00 7190.00
    Your hole cards

day4eire76 Fold
    blueberr27 Fold
    Jac35 All-in 6330.00 9330.00 0.00
    lyonsbob06 Fold
    TheDart Fold
    EBBERDON Call 4330.00 13660.00 2860.00
    EBBERDON Show
    K
    A
    Jac35 Show
    Flop

K

Turn

River

EBBERDON Win Two Pairs, Kings and 9s 13660.00 16520.00
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    Jac35 said:

It was reported that Keogh was very drunk

Then I was probably a little harsh as I am sure I read somewhere that he was sober.
  • Options
    No poker tonight as I have a far better evening planned. I have to admit I very rarely get enthused about playing online these days and it does feel like a bit of a chore. Who would have thought that playing Dyms wouldn't be exciting? ;) But the money i sometimes make from the game keeps me playing.

September ended up being a good month. Tailed off a bit at the end but ok all the same.

I need to hit the ground running in October. I've made a big withdrawal and so I'm down to a £40 bankroll. I shall exercise excellent bankroll management as usual and will still play a £11 dym if the line up looks favourable. Mostly though it will be £3s and £5s until I get over £100.

Looking forward to the weekend and meeting up with everyone again. Live poker is still a joy and I doubt i'll ever get to a stage where I don't love that.
    It's been nearly a year since I last played live so i'm especially excited about playing.
    I only managed 1 seat so although i'll arrive on the Friday I think i'll play Saturday.
    May have a drink on Friday night. I'll just be careful not to get a lift back with any of the gentlemen that i'm drinking with.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,427

;)

Look forward to seeing you at the weekend. Should be a hoot.
  • Options
  • Options
    SuperAyr25SuperAyr25 Member Posts: 37
    Should be put in jail like the rest of people getting pished and driving risking lives but he wont as he plays football for a living disgusting!
  • Options

Should be put in jail like the rest of people getting pished and driving risking lives but he wont as he plays football for a living disgusting!

He wasn’t driving

The two who were driving are in court in a couple of weeks.
    I’m sure they’ll get the strictest punishments.

There’s also the clubs investigation
    It’ll be interesting to see what Derby decide to do with the pair of them.
  • Options

Say what you like about football fans, but when the need arises they have a great sense of humour.

Superb.
  • Options
    My club infuriate me at times
    So wasteful. Had so many chances and then can’t see out injury time. Giant keeper thinks punching the ball when under no pressure is a better bet than catching it

Big reaction from fans on social media about Lawrence starting and Bennett on the bench

Played an hour of poker
    Bankroll % wise had a big increase
    Up to £55 😊

Think I’m done with poker until the weekend now
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    SPT weekend was fun

Didn’t make any money but not to worry

Always good to meet up with people again and also see new people

Unusually these days for SPTS my first table was made up of nearly all Sky players

@Tikay10 @AKAscotty @Essexphil @Amarie @TheSaw

Learned plenty from the all
    How to play the 10 6 from the sb to an UTG raise from the ‘busy’ Akascotty ;)
    How not to play from the elderly gentleman in Seat 3
    How to get a quick table move from TheSaw
    How to 3x from Essex3x (in case of any doubt, i really like Phil and wouldn’t mind his results one bit)
    How to play with a smile and love the game from Amarie (such a shame when she bust just before the money, i was really willing her and Rose on)

It was good to meet @GREGSTER for the first time. He’s a nice bloke surprisingly and far different from the angry guy at the tables online
    Good to see @HAYSIE again. Met him only once previously at Dtd where he bubbled a priority freeroll. He’s just as quiet and unassuming in real life as he is on the forum

I was with the usual group of peasants
    One of them came up with the line of the weekend when he suggested that’s Tikay should sit down for a chat with us. I can’t repeat the actual words.
  • Options

No further comment from me, M'Lord.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Rather worryingly, I don't even recall sharing a table with Grumpy Jac at SPT Notts.

What does that tell us?
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    Tikay10 said:

Rather worryingly, I don't even recall sharing a table with Grumpy Jac at SPT Notts.

What does that tell us?

That sometimes the mind blocks out traumatic events?
  • Options
    Enut said:

Tikay10 said:

What does that tell us?

That sometimes the mind blocks out traumatic events?
    That's a far better reply than I was fearing. Let's go for that one.
  • Options
    GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 383
    Was good to finally meet up with you and your peasant mates. Hopefully the SPT's will run again next year and I'll get myself to a couple.

BTW - impressive drinking performances by @cpfc_2010 @LmfaoAllin & @day4eire76 - leaving bar at 06:30 and being back for 12:00 takes some doing :#
  • Options
    AmarieAmarie Member Posts: 443
    Lovely comments thank you, great to see you too.

You going to try for Manchester?

Mother
    xxx
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

SPT weekend was fun

Didn’t make any money but not to worry

Always good to meet up with people again and also see new people

Unusually these days for SPTS my first table was made up of nearly all Sky players

@Tikay10 @AKAscotty @Essexphil @Amarie @TheSaw

Learned plenty from the all
    How to play the 10 6 from the sb to an UTG raise from the ‘busy’ Akascotty ;)
    How not to play from the elderly gentleman in Seat 3
    How to get a quick table move from TheSaw
    How to 3x from Essex3x (in case of any doubt, i really like Phil and wouldn’t mind his results one bit)
    How to play with a smile and love the game from Amarie (such a shame when she bust just before the money, i was really willing her and Rose on)

It was good to meet @GREGSTER for the first time. He’s a nice bloke surprisingly and far different from the angry guy at the tables online
    Good to see @HAYSIE again. Met him only once previously at Dtd where he bubbled a priority freeroll. He’s just as quiet and unassuming in real life as he is on the forum

I was with the usual group of peasants
    One of them came up with the line of the weekend when he suggested that’s Tikay should sit down for a chat with us. I can’t repeat the actual words.

You are getting confused - I was in Seat 3. Table Captain, me.
  • Options
    Amarie said:

Lovely comments thank you, great to see you too.

You going to try for Manchester?

Mother
    xxx

No, bit rich for me I think 😊
  • Options
    Watching the football tonight
    I don’t really have any words.
    Just feel a lot of sadness