You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

1171820222340

Comments

  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 5,775
    waller02 said:

    Day 54. (Last night).

    Firstly, I would like to thank everybody who has posted for being so understanding about my no show at the SPT. Bit embarrassing but it is what it is and I just want to forget it and move on now.

    I had another session last night but forgot to save the document I do each time logging the results.

    The main results of note were a 1st in an £11 BH, a 3rd in another £11 BH and a couple of min cashes to have a good profitable evening which has pushed the bankroll over the £2000 mark.

    Start BR: £100
    Current: £2097.37

    Tonight I'm only playing the Main and Mini Majors as I'm pretty tired and can't be doing with a full session.

    Wp
    Good luck tonight
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 7,779
    edited October 2019
    Day 55.

    So I just played the Major and Mini as planned as I really couldn't be bothered to play anymore. I wouldn't have played at all if I hadn't already won the seat into the Major, but I'm off work tomorrow so at least I can have a lie in.

    The Major never really got going, had a bad start, clawed a bit back, but never got above a 14k stack.

    The Mini went a lot better and I have just finished in 3rd place after getting well and truly mean machined by gsmith. Great player. He was on for the ft jackpot until he got coolered in the main. It was a decent ft in the mini, with most of us rooting for him to get the jackpot, but obviously not the 1st/1st haha.

    Sunday 7th

    20:00 - £110 Major (X)
    20:30 - £11 Mini (3rd £180)

    Start BR: £100
    Current: £2266.37

    Back on the tables tomorrow.
  • 68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,767
    waller02 said:

    Day 55.

    So I just played the Major and Mini as planned as I really couldn't be bothered to play anymore. I wouldn't have played at all if I hadn't already won the seat into the Major, but I'm off work tomorrow so at least I can have a lie in.

    The Major never really got going, had a bad start, clawed a bit back, but never got above a 14k stack.

    The Mini went a lot better and I have just finished in 3rd place after getting well and truly mean machined by gsmith. Great player. He was on for the ft jackpot until he got coolered in the main. It was a decent ft in the mini, with most of us rooting for him to get the jackpot, but obviously not the 1st/1st haha.

    Sunday 7th

    20:00 - £110 Major (X)
    20:30 - £11 Mini (3rd £180)

    Start BR: £100
    Current: £2266.37

    Back on the tables tomorrow.

    Good result, wp.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 7,779
    68Trebor said:

    waller02 said:

    Day 55.

    So I just played the Major and Mini as planned as I really couldn't be bothered to play anymore. I wouldn't have played at all if I hadn't already won the seat into the Major, but I'm off work tomorrow so at least I can have a lie in.

    The Major never really got going, had a bad start, clawed a bit back, but never got above a 14k stack.

    The Mini went a lot better and I have just finished in 3rd place after getting well and truly mean machined by gsmith. Great player. He was on for the ft jackpot until he got coolered in the main. It was a decent ft in the mini, with most of us rooting for him to get the jackpot, but obviously not the 1st/1st haha.

    Sunday 7th

    20:00 - £110 Major (X)
    20:30 - £11 Mini (3rd £180)

    Start BR: £100
    Current: £2266.37

    Back on the tables tomorrow.

    Good result, wp.
    Ty and same to you in the Major. I had your table open and that exit hand was horrible :(
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 7,779
    Day 56.

    I took a few days off due to feeling a bit run down and burnt out, too much poker and not enough real life is not good. Not for me me anyway.

    Besides with UKOPS coming up I'd rather be raring to play again over feeling like I had to play. The days off were good though, spent time with the family and had a "date" with the missus today. We went to watch Joker at the cinema which was the best film I've seen in a long time. Joaquin Pheonix is odds on to win the Best Actor Oscar for his performance, and rightly so. An acting masterclass rounding off a great film. I also watched the Breaking Bad movie El Camino last night. I'm a massive Breaking Bad fan so had been looking forward to this for a long time, but unfortunately it was a rather underwhelming experience. It could have been worse, but it wasn't great.

    Anyway, tonight's poker. Mostly poor. Didn't play well but the cobwebs have been blown away and I'm looking forward to UKOPS. I intend to play every MTT £22 and below and try to sat in to the rest. The bankroll might take a hammering......but it's UKOPS!

    16:30 - £5.50 BH (X £3.76 head prizes)
    17:30 - £5.50 BH (13th £5.49 + £1.88 head prizes)
    18:00 - £7.20 Main Semi (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X £5.26 head prizes)
    19:45 - £11 BH (X)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X £3.75 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Megastack (X)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X)
    21:00 - £55 Sheriff (X)
    21:30 - £11 BH (X)
    21:30 - £3.30 BH (1 rebuy, 1 addon) (X £1.13 head prizes)
    22:15 - £5.50 BH (X)
    £3.60 Main All Ins (X)
    £6 Sheriff All Ins (Seat)

    Start BR: £100
    Current :£2195.01

    Back for a small session tomorrow.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 4,837
    Thanks for the breaking bad tip, i shant bother then.

    It must be so hard to equal or better the greatest tv show ever produced.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 7,779
    mumsie said:

    Thanks for the breaking bad tip, i shant bother then.

    It must be so hard to equal or better the greatest tv show ever produced.

    You have to watch it. It's OK, just had big boots to fill. Plus you gotta want to know what happens to Jesse. Just don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as Breaking Bad. Then again, nothing ever will be in my book.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,194
    waller02 said:

    mumsie said:

    Thanks for the breaking bad tip, i shant bother then.

    It must be so hard to equal or better the greatest tv show ever produced.

    You have to watch it. It's OK, just had big boots to fill. Plus you gotta want to know what happens to Jesse. Just don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as Breaking Bad. Then again, nothing ever will be in my book.
    Killing Eve worth a watch
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 7,779
    Yes, I've watched Killing Eve was a very good watch.

    Missus went to bed so decided to play the Midnight Express and just bust in 9th.

    00:00 - £22 Midnight Express (9th £27.30 + £16.88 head prizes)

    Current BR: £2217.19
  • SnufferSnuffer Member Posts: 2,811
    waller02 said:

    mumsie said:

    Thanks for the breaking bad tip, i shant bother then.

    It must be so hard to equal or better the greatest tv show ever produced.

    You have to watch it. It's OK, just had big boots to fill. Plus you gotta want to know what happens to Jesse. Just don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as Breaking Bad. Then again, nothing ever will be in my book.
    The prequel to Breaking Bad is worth a watch, Better Call Saul, it revolves around Saul Goodman's character, 4 seasons I think.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 7,779
    Snuffer said:

    waller02 said:

    mumsie said:

    Thanks for the breaking bad tip, i shant bother then.

    It must be so hard to equal or better the greatest tv show ever produced.

    You have to watch it. It's OK, just had big boots to fill. Plus you gotta want to know what happens to Jesse. Just don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as Breaking Bad. Then again, nothing ever will be in my book.
    The prequel to Breaking Bad is worth a watch, Better Call Saul, it revolves around Saul Goodman's character, 4 seasons I think.
    I watched the first few episodes but just couldn't get into to. I was still on the Breaking Bad comedown at the time though.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 5,775
    edited October 2019
    waller02 said:

    Snuffer said:

    waller02 said:

    mumsie said:

    Thanks for the breaking bad tip, i shant bother then.

    It must be so hard to equal or better the greatest tv show ever produced.

    You have to watch it. It's OK, just had big boots to fill. Plus you gotta want to know what happens to Jesse. Just don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as Breaking Bad. Then again, nothing ever will be in my book.
    The prequel to Breaking Bad is worth a watch, Better Call Saul, it revolves around Saul Goodman's character, 4 seasons I think.
    I watched the first few episodes but just couldn't get into to. I was still on the Breaking Bad comedown at the time though.
    It’s very gentle paced but well worth sticking with i think
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 7,779
    Jac35 said:

    waller02 said:

    Snuffer said:

    waller02 said:

    mumsie said:

    Thanks for the breaking bad tip, i shant bother then.

    It must be so hard to equal or better the greatest tv show ever produced.

    You have to watch it. It's OK, just had big boots to fill. Plus you gotta want to know what happens to Jesse. Just don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as Breaking Bad. Then again, nothing ever will be in my book.
    The prequel to Breaking Bad is worth a watch, Better Call Saul, it revolves around Saul Goodman's character, 4 seasons I think.
    I watched the first few episodes but just couldn't get into to. I was still on the Breaking Bad comedown at the time though.
    It’s very gentle paced but well worth sticking with i think
    I am struggling to find a box set to watch atm so I may give it another chance.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 7,779
    edited October 2019
    If you're English, Welsh or Irish and you're feeling a bit rough or need cheering up today, then stick ITV on right now. It's certainly making my day 🙂
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,033
    waller02 said:

    If you're English, Welsh or Irish and you're feeling a bit rough or need cheering up today, then stick ITV on right now. It's certainly making my day 🙂

    Such a deserved win for Japan! What a great defensive display!!! Only 4 exclamation marks!!!!,
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 7,779
    madprof said:

    waller02 said:

    If you're English, Welsh or Irish and you're feeling a bit rough or need cheering up today, then stick ITV on right now. It's certainly making my day 🙂

    Such a deserved win for Japan! What a great defensive display!!! Only 4 exclamation marks!!!!,
    Yes, it was a great game to watch in general. I think they will give South Africa a stern test in the quarter final too.
  • SuperAyr25SuperAyr25 Member Posts: 37
    waller02 said:

    madprof said:

    waller02 said:

    If you're English, Welsh or Irish and you're feeling a bit rough or need cheering up today, then stick ITV on right now. It's certainly making my day 🙂

    Such a deserved win for Japan! What a great defensive display!!! Only 4 exclamation marks!!!!,
    Yes, it was a great game to watch in general. I think they will give South Africa a stern test in the quarter final too.
    Japan were fantastic totally outplayed us in the first half we left it to late to start making a comeback but it was a great game to watch defo best game of the world cup both teams left it all on the field
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 7,779
    Day 57.

    I was going to having a session tonight, but after 2 failed satellite attempts for the Major I decided that I really couldn't be bothered as tiredness had crept up on me, I must be getting old. I did have a small cash in a BH but nothing to write home about.

    I thought UKOPs started tomorrow, I have no idea why I thought that and it was only when the satellite thread was posted earlier that I realised that it doesn't. Again, I must be getting old.

    15:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    15:30 - £5.20 Major Sat (X)
    16:00 - £5.20 Major Sat (X)
    16:30 - £5.50 BH (8th £14.52 + £5.62 head prizes)

    Start BR: £100
    Current: £2215.93

  • DEL560DEL560 Member Posts: 487
    Enjoy your night/sleep m8
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 7,779
    edited October 2019
    Day 58

    The only positive I can take from tonight is that it's a good job that UKOPS hadn't started today like I originally thought. It was one of those nights where you don't play great but at the same time you run even worse. Wasn't fun.

    I couldn't hit a barn door with a shovel in most of the games. A min cash in a BH ensured that I avoided the whitewash, so at least that's something.

    Back for another go tomorrow :smile:

    I had the football on in the background and was disgusted with what was going on in the stadium. How some human beings (if you can call them that) can act in that manner is beyond me. It's time that UEFA/FIFA/FA etc start taking the appropriate action because racism is becoming out of control.

    17:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    19:05 - £5.20 UKOPS Sat (X)
    19:45 - £11 BH (X)
    20:00 - £33 Main (X)
    20:15 - £11 BH (8th £17.41 + £15 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X £1.88 head prizes)
    £3.60 Main All Ins

    Start BR: £100
    Current: £2162.12
Sign In or Register to comment.