You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,514

Start BR: £100
    Current: £2060.46

...how about you give me some coaching! #nuffsaid.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    MAXALLY said:

Current: £2060.46

...how about you give me some coaching! #nuffsaid.
    I want to push on though and I'll need some help to do that.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,325
    What about going for free one week with Jonathan little?
    No credit card needed.

It's great to see you've reached a stage where coaching would benefit you.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Start B/R £1000
    Current B/R -958

Its me who needs coaching(or shooting..)
    I don't even know how personal coaching works tbh. I assume they watch you play via screen sharing and then discuss their findings??

@mumsie I have considered forking out for a training site. The obvious one is the apprentice course with RYE but its pricey. Jonathan Little's is $39 a month, have you subscribed before?

What I would really like is somebody who coaches and plays on Sky to give me a few sessions, which is why I mentioned it on here. I don't even know if there is anybody that does that though.
  • engyengy Member Posts: 723
    @Alvez11 does coaching and plays on sky
    engy said:

@Alvez11 does coaching and plays on sky

Thanks. I've had a pm and there is somebody who is willing to help, I just need to get in touch.
    Day 62.

A bit of a tough one again.

It's time for a couple of days off for a number of reasons:

1. I'm not playing great.
    2. I'm not enjoying it.
    3. I've just bubbled the last MTT in 13th.....if that isn't a sign then I don't what is.

So definitely in need of a break. Not a long one, just a couple of nights to refresh.

17:30 - £5.50 BH (6th £17.67 no heads)
    18:00 - £7.20 Main Semi (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X £1.88 head prizes)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    19:15 - £2.20 Deepy (X)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X £3.75 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Megastack (X)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X)
    21:30 - £11 BH (X) (£7.50 head prizes)
    21:30 - £3.30 BH (1 rebuy) (X)

Current: £2023.86

Probably back on Tuesday.
    As is usually the case, I woke up today with yesterday's session a distant memory and a desire to play a couple of games.

Only played 3 though and won't be playing any more this evening as I'm going to watch a film with the missus.

15:30 - £5.50 BH (16th £5.24 + £9.40 head prizes)
    16:15 - £2.20 Deepy (X)
    16:30 - £5.50 BH (X £3.27 head prizes)

Current: £2028.57
    So....

There has been a development which involves me investing a chunk of my roll, with the aim of making it back and then some.

I've taken up a 10 hour coaching package from one of the best regs on the site. I'd be a fool not to. I have also had to transfer a small amount onto another site to play with for ease of coaching. Mainly because it is far easier to copy an MTTs worth of hands onto Poker Tracker from there than it is on here. I'm looking forward to getting my game properly analysed as well as getting the chance to see exactly how he plays the same spots, it's definitely what I need if I want to give myself half a chance of moving up the stakes. A sound investment.

Because of which, my playing time on Sky will be reduced for a short while, although I still intend to play a few UKOPs. But once the coaching has finished then I'll be back to Sky as usual, hopefully with a few leaks ironed out.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766

Excellent news Ryan, I'm sure that will be money very well spent.
    Tikay10 said:

Thanks @Tikay10.

It's from @chicknMelt who we all know can play a bit! Was pleasantly surprised when he pm'd me and obviously couldn't take up the offer quick enough. Sent a deep run over to him last night, he has downloaded it onto the software and we are having the first session later. Looking forward to it.
    waller02 said:

Tikay10 said:

Thanks @Tikay10.

It's from @chicknMelt who we all know can play a bit! Was pleasantly surprised when he pm'd me and obviously couldn't take up the offer quick enough. Sent a deep run over to him last night, he has downloaded it onto the software and we are having the first session later. Looking forward to it.
    Yes, I'm quite sure you'll be fine with Andy.
    First session with Andy under my belt. It turns out that I play world class poker and I don't need any more hours....

I really enjoyed the hour. In the MTT we discussed, I knew I was weak in many spots but couldn't quite put my finger on why. The way he highlighted the mistakes and explained how I missed chances to really apply the pressure on the opponent was a real eye opener. Looking forward to the rest of the sessions.

The next step is to try and take what we discuss and work it into my game.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Glenelg said:

Was expecting it to be misterpj if im honest...

Brilliant...wish i'd thought to say this first!!
    edited October 2019
    Had a couple of sessions with Andy now and reviewed a full MTT. You can tell within 10 minutes of talking with him that he really knows his onions, but not just that, he explains spots in such a way that things really make sense.

I have been taking notes on everything we discuss and have them on my lap whilst I play. It's strange trying to adopt a new approach when you have played a certain way for so long, and I am making mistakes whilst trying to adjust, but you only have to look at Andy's results to know that it's the way to go.

The notes certainly helped me along the way to a 2nd place finish in a 1625 runner MTT on Stars. It's not a big cash, but this period of Poker isn't about the money, it's about learning the new methods. There were a tonne of spots where I looked at the notes and thought "3b here" and "raise there" etc. Not only that, but Andy stayed along til the end on the rail. Top bloke.

"The notes certainly helped me along the way to a 2nd place finish in a 1625 runner MTT on Stars...."

"Not only that, but Andy stayed along til the end on the rail. Top bloke."

That's terrific, well done Ryan & Melty.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,325
    waller02 said:

Something tells me, the chap who came first wasn't telling the truth.
    mumsie said:

waller02 said:

Something tells me, the chap who came first wasn't telling the truth.
    He's a real boy now.