You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Micro Masters League - Weekly Low Stakes Leaderboard

NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
edited August 2020 in Poker Chat
Good evening. I'm really happy to be announcing what we hope will be a recurring weekly tournament on Sky Poker run by myself and @waller02 with prizes generously provided by the suits at Sky Poker Towers. Many thanks to @Tikay10 for helping get this set up!

What It's All About?

We know how hard it is to grind low stakes tournaments for a few quid while the big shots are having fun in the main events every night. With this weekly promotion we're giving you a shot at playing the main event just by playing your usual low stakes tournaments.

We are going to be running a weekly points leaderboard with free entries to the daily Main events, Mini Main events, and the Sunday Mini Major up for grabs.

You can earn points by placing in the money in a qualifying low or micro stakes MTT and the people with the most points at the end of each week will win one of the following:

- First place: free entry into a £33 or £22 Main Event tournament
- Second place: free entry into an £11 Mini Major tournament on Sunday
- Third and fourth place: free entry into a £5.50 Mini Main Event

If you want to be included on this week's leaderboard, you must state your interest in this thread.

Which Tournaments Are Eligible?

Here is the full list of MTTs you are eligible to gain points in.

This is subject to change on a week-to-week basis and we'll be responsive to feedback about it.

How Are Points Awarded?

Points will be awarded based on the position you finish in a qualifying tournament.
  • 1st: 100 points
  • 2nd: 80 points
  • 3rd: 70 points
  • 4th: 60 points
  • 5th: 55 points
  • 6th: 50 points
  • 7th: 35 points
  • 8th: 30 points
  • 9th: 25 points
  • 10th: 20 points
  • 11th: 15 points
  • 12th: 10 points
  • 13th: 5 points
  • Other ITM: 1 point
What Else Do I Need To Know?
  • You must register your interest in this thread if you wish to participate
  • Only results from tournaments which start after you register in this thread are counted; in the interest of fairness, we won't count tournaments which were already running when you registered or which were completed earlier in the week
  • In the event that you win the league, you will be able to choose which day's Main or Mini Main you wish to play on.
  • In the event of a tie, it will be broken based on highest number of wins. If that's also a tie, we'll look at highest number of final tables and then highest number of cashes. If it's still tied after that, we give up.
List of Participants

Hall of Fame

These are all the previous winners of the league.

Comments

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    In.

Hopefully this will include the FTT games on a Monday?
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

Hopefully this will include the FTT games on a Monday?

We decided not to for the moment because they already have their own leaderboard and points thing going on but we were admittedly in two minds about it. If the organizers of that want to let us know they don't mind being included then we'll add them to the list.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    In (obviously)
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    1815: £2.20 £300 Rebuy
    1830: £5.50 £2,000 Bounty Hunter
    1905: £0.55 Nightly Micro
    1915: £3.30 Orfordable (Fridays)
    1915: £2.20 £300 Deep Stack
    1940: £1.10 £100 Deep Stack
    2000: £2.20 £1,000 Bounty Hunter
    2025: £5.50 £1,000 Mega Stack (Weekends)
    2030: £5.50 Mini Main
    2045: £5.50 £1,000 Bounty Hunter
    2215: £1.10 £100 Rebuy

Way too many tournaments included for me to bother about competing in this and some of them that are included are complete dross eg. 50p micro.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Top marks to @NOSTRI and @waller02 for putting this together.

Don't fancy my chances given how few of these I'll likely end up playing each week, but count me in nonetheless please :).

Also, does one need to opt in each and every week to remain eligible?
  • Options

Just once is good!
  • Options
    gregkdy82 said:

Way too many tournaments included for me to bother about competing in this and some of them that are included are complete dross eg. 50p micro.

We're trying to give micro stakes players a chance to win tickets therefore the cheaper MTTs are included. It doesn't matter if you don't play all of them. Play whatever you want.
  • Options
    KerrnalKerrnal Member Posts: 132
    Good idea may not play all of them but usually have a few of those on my schedule
    good luck all
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    deal me in plz , ty
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited May 2020
    gregkdy82 said:

1815: £2.20 £300 Rebuy
    1830: £5.50 £2,000 Bounty Hunter
    1905: £0.55 Nightly Micro
    1915: £3.30 Orfordable (Fridays)
    1915: £2.20 £300 Deep Stack
    1940: £1.10 £100 Deep Stack
    2000: £2.20 £1,000 Bounty Hunter
    2025: £5.50 £1,000 Mega Stack (Weekends)
    2030: £5.50 Mini Main
    2045: £5.50 £1,000 Bounty Hunter
    2215: £1.10 £100 Rebuy

I wont be playing the 55p or £1 games, but a lot of people do. I certainly play all the 5.50s, the odd 2.20 and the Orfy and if I cash then I will claim the points.

There is something for everybody to participate, you dont have to play them all, those listed are just the tournaments that qualify for points.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    in, please
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    NOSTRI said:

Just once is good!
    "does one..?" Is one talking to Prince William?( same hairstyle..) :p
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Ok then! Let's go.
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    In please

Like the idea & appreciate the effort you guys are putting into this.

Personally i also think too many tournaments but thats because i don't play so much and including the Mini Main will include the not so micro players.

But i'm not knocking what you are trying to achieve and the Forum loves a Leaderboard so hope it's a success.

Maybe it will encourage me to play more.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Seems a really good idea, best of luck with this!
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    mumsie said:

Stating my inrrs

gregkdy82 said:

It doenst mean you need to compete in all of them.

Ill be stating my interest and wont be playing all of them.

Now, pick your dummy up and get back in the pram.

Sure i'll pick my dummy up and go back to my 60+ sng's a day for 10% rake a time where there are **** all extra rewards. Meanwhile all the micro stakes mtt players are given a third weekly leaderboard in which they can earn free tickets.

I'll say no more about it and hope you all have fun.

• Options
    zadoc said:

Personally i also think too many tournaments but thats because i don't play so much and including the Mini Main will include the not so micro players.

Thanks for this. And to everyone else giving us feedback about the tournament choices.

For at least the first few weeks of this, you should consider this effectively a trial run. We will almost certainly modify this list, perhaps even before Monday. We'd like to have a selection that pleases as many people as possible, ideally, while accepting that we can't please everyone.

We've tried to strike a balance between giving people playing Low and Micro stakes tournaments a chance--and that is quite a big gap in terms of BRM, so it's important to have some of those Micros on there to give those with limited bankrolls a chance, as much as they may not be as popular with many of the forum regs.

The most important thing to remember is that we are idiots and will be figuring out the exact parameters as we go and it may take a week or two. We appreciate everyone being patient while we get the fine details right. So keep the constructive feedback coming.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Good idea, well thought out.

I don't think it's "too many tournaments". This is a weekly surplus thing, those who want to play 0.55s, 1.10s, 2.20s have as much chance as those playing the 5.50s plus. Its about giving everyone (including those playing the lowest buy ins, of which there are many on Sky) an equal chance.

Count me in please :)
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Great stuff, count me in please.
    Thanks for running this chaps.