You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Micro Masters League - Weekly Low Stakes Leaderboard

Comments

• Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    gregkdy82 said:

mumsie said:

Stating my inrrs

gregkdy82 said:

Way too many tournaments included for me to bother about competing in this and some of them that are included are complete dross eg. 50p micro.

It doenst mean you need to compete in all of them.

Ill be stating my interest and wont be playing all of them.

Now, pick your dummy up and get back in the pram.

Sure i'll pick my dummy up and go back to my 60+ sng's a day for 10% rake a time where there are **** all extra rewards. Meanwhile all the micro stakes mtt players are given a third weekly leaderboard in which they can earn free tickets.

I'll say no more about it and hope you all have fun.

Maybe its a reward for making the forum an engaging, open place whilst simultaneously working very hard and successfully running a mini ukops side bet challenge and donating over £400 to charity?
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    gregkdy82 said:

mumsie said:

Stating my inrrs

gregkdy82 said:

Way too many tournaments included for me to bother about competing in this and some of them that are included are complete dross eg. 50p micro.

Sure i'll pick my dummy up and go back to my 60+ sng's a day for 10% rake a time where there are **** all extra rewards. Meanwhile all the micro stakes mtt players are given a third weekly leaderboard in which they can earn free tickets.

I must be losing my mind because I could have sworn we just had a DYM streak week.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,152
    Absolutely in. Really appreciate the effort you guys have already and will continue to put into organising this.

Hope screenshotting and posting it is easy. I'm a total duffer at anything tech.
  • Options

Hope screenshotting and posting it is easy. I'm a total duffer at anything tech.

This is the form we used in the charity side bet. The one we're using for this will be very similar but even easier.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited May 2020
    zadoc said:

In please

Like the idea & appreciate the effort you guys are putting into this.

Personally i also think too many tournaments but thats because i don't play so much and including the Mini Main will include the not so micro players.

But i'm not knocking what you are trying to achieve and the Forum loves a Leaderboard so hope it's a success.

Maybe it will encourage me to play more.

It's a tricky one to please everyone so by having a wider range of MTTs it gives everyone a chance of taking part. There are many players who don't play any higher than £2.20, so this gives them a chance of participating. There are also others who won't entertain playing anything under £5.50, so we had to include these.

Like we have said, you only have to play the ones you feel like and with most of the games running nightly you can easily only play a few and have a chance of racking up the points.

At the end of the day it's a bit of fun, gives micro players a shot at winning a main event seat and helps with forum/community activity.
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    In for fun :)
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    I'm in on one condition....
    . Could you plz confirm that @Tikay10 does NOT have access to the spreadsheet? 😂
    P.s. Great work guys oh and just for fun & keep ya spirits up
    https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/80890.john_lydgate
    Pad
  • Options
    gregkdy82 said:

mumsie said:

Stating my inrrs

gregkdy82 said:

I really dont understand your problem. Surely every £5.50 on that list is part of most if not all mid stakes player's schedule? You can just play those and have just as much chance of winning as everybody else? The same can be said for the micro stakes player who only plays the 2.20/1.10/0.55. Its points based, not profit afterall.

• Options
    pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    In obv. Any chance of including some plo8s in the schedule?
  • Options

Didn't even consider those and don't know a thing about PLO. Which ones would be good choices?
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550

Good shout pom..
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701

I guess the problem there is you ideally want a similar number of runners across the MTTs on the schedule. If the PLO8 games have very few runners it's going to skew the points towards those games.

Having said that, I haven't really looked in detail at the proposed list to compare them - perhaps same can be said for the Orfordable (though it's only on once a week)
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    bbMike said:

I guess the problem there is you ideally want a similar number of runners across the MTTs on the schedule. If the PLO8 games have very few runners it's going to skew the points towards those games.

Having said that, I haven't really looked in detail at the proposed list to compare them - perhaps same can be said for the Orfordable (though it's only on once a week)
    ^^^^

100% This (nothing against PLO8 specifically!).

When you guys have ironed out all the creases, I wonder if it may be worth considering a minimum number of total entrants for an event to qualify?
  • Options
    bbMike said:

Yeah that would be an issue. What's the average field size in PLOs? 40 odd? It would be easy points.

Like @NOSTRI says, this list isnt set I'm stone and we are open to suggestions. There has to be a good number of MTTs included though to cater for everyone. I would be surprised if anybody plays every game on the list, I would expect a lot of people will only play the 5.50s and some may only play the micros. This seems the fairest way to include everybody.
  • Options
    SJspanky1SJspanky1 Member Posts: 620
    In please chaps. This looks like a good bit of cheap fun with a competitive edge. The playing schedule can be refined as you go.

I really don't understand the gripers, moaning about potentially getting something for nothing. Poker players, jeez.....
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    The most important thing to remember is that we are idiots and will be figuring out the exact parameters as we go and it may take a week or two. We appreciate everyone being patient while we get the fine details right. So keep the constructive feedback coming.

One thing for sure, you are NOT IDIOTS, i have every confidence in your ability to make this a success, you have quite clearly given this much thought.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    I'll be in, thanks for putting it together.

• Options
    pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    The £5.50 PLO8 BH that runs @ 7.18 pm every night. Last 3 nights 73, 83 and 84 runners.
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Allan23 said:

gregkdy82 said:

mumsie said:

Stating my inrrs

gregkdy82 said:

Maybe its a reward for making the forum an engaging, open place whilst simultaneously working very hard and successfully running a mini ukops side bet challenge and donating over £400 to charity?
    Don't know if you are even being serious here? So if I donate £400 to charity and be Mr Nice guy on the forum sng players will start getting a fair shake. Haha ffs Alan. I might be a **** but there are plenty of dym players who positively contribute on your beloved wee forum mate.
    NOSTRI said:

gregkdy82 said:

mumsie said:

Stating my inrrs

gregkdy82 said:

I must be losing my mind because I could have sworn we just had a DYM streak week.
    You mean the dym streak week that runs once a blue moon and gets plundered by the best players on the site?
    Any mtt or cash player can I'm sure fit in enough sng during a week to compete for a streak week leaterboard but no micro stakes sng or cash grinder will fit in all these tournaments in every single day to have a chance of a prize here.

I know I said I would say no more but didn't expect anyone to argue my point because its clearly straight up not fair that a third regular mtt league offering free prizes is started while sng players have nothing extra to play for. It's especially bad as the sng rake is so high here in comparison to other sites.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    gregkdy82 said:

Allan23 said:

gregkdy82 said:

mumsie said:

Stating my inrrs

gregkdy82 said:

Don't know if you are even being serious here? So if I donate £400 to charity and be Mr Nice guy on the forum sng players will start getting a fair shake. Haha ffs Alan. I might be a **** but there are plenty of dym players who positively contribute on your beloved wee forum mate.
    NOSTRI said:

gregkdy82 said:

mumsie said:

Stating my inrrs

gregkdy82 said:

You mean the dym streak week that runs once a blue moon and gets plundered by the best players on the site?
    Any mtt or cash player can I'm sure fit in enough sng during a week to compete for a streak week leaterboard but no micro stakes sng or cash grinder will fit in all these tournaments in every single day to have a chance of a prize here.

I know I said I would say no more but didn't expect anyone to argue my point because its clearly straight up not fair that a third regular mtt league offering free prizes is started while sng players have nothing extra to play for. It's especially bad as the sng rake is so high here in comparison to other sites.
    Haha, this is a very very strange thing to be getting so upset about it. It is some weekly entries for some MTTs and is only being done because good guys on this forum are putting time and effort into running it...if you believe that is disagreeable from Sky then I'm not sure this debate can go any further